[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /gd/, I'm about fed up with my life. At 25 with an average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

Hi /gd/, I'm about fed up with my life. At 25 with an average factory job that pays well. I've been googling around checking wheather self learning graphic design is possible. Well is it? I'm thinking of attending a gd course offered locally. It mostly covers the basics of design and you get certified on using the Adobe Creative suite.

pic related. Bought em, been procrastinating forever to read em.
>>
File: lynda.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lynda.png
12KB, 400x400px
Ditch the books for now.
Fist learn how to use the programs, my advice is to use Lynda.
>>
File: mm ahh.jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
mm ahh.jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>mfw lynda dot com
>>
>Fist learn how to use the programs

Programs won't replace understanding of design. But you won't get a job otherwise. It's better to learn both concurrently. There's a lot of overlap in typesetting.
>>
File: 000.jpg (105KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
105KB, 640x401px
>>279571
Youtube it mostly.
>>
>>279598
If you want to be a shitter who knows how to make sicked wick flames and over the top gaming channel intros.
>>
>>279582
>>279599
OP do exactly the opposite of what these dudes are saying, unless you want to be the ebin vaborwave master

Read the fucking books (you have a great selection selection btw). Look at famous design works.

Start training not with computers but with sharpies and paper cutouts, which is what you do at serious design schools.
At the same time, start messing around with the software and start building simple layouts, understanding scale and composition, etc
>>
>>279602
OP here thanks for the advice. I should also add that i have a decent background on drawing, yet i never pursued after secondary school. I regret it to this day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.