[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't weird how people are surrounded by good design but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Isn't weird how people are surrounded by good design but when something is their own they get tunneled vision? How does this happen.

I remember the first year of me screwing around in photoshop was me creating hideous things and thinking they're cool. Anybody could have seen that they were ugly, except me.

I think it comes from being self focused and not user focused.
>>
>>276047
I think it's something that comes with experience.

You have to really suck before you get really good.
..Or you're just good from the start.

When I was younger and a bit more immature (like 13 or so) I used to think things I did was the bees knees.
Later on when I got more mature, I became more self criticizing, so my teen self loathing and angst helped me notice how terrible I was.

Now, I'm not the best at whatever I do, but I know that. I have a good sense of style, and the knowledge to help achieve my goals. With more progressive refinement, I know I can get better at what I do.
I might not be super famous or anything by the end of it, but at least (hopefully) I'll make a good life out of the things I do.

tl:dr refinement and practice
>>
>>276047
You're still inexperienced.

That's when you know you've made it, when you intuitively judge your work objectively. Tunnel is vision fades with time.
>>
I think it's mostly like that in the learning process. You can make a terrible design, but make a personal breakthrough while working on that design. It makes it feel better than it actually is.
>>
The best thing to be is your own worst critic. Assume everything you do is shit and every improvement just makes it less shit.

The goal is to make it the least shit possible before you run out of time and have to move on.
>>
>>277271
I do the first part easy, but i need to work on the "make it less shit".
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.