[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner/Dumd Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 93

File: yellow sen 02.jpg (40KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
yellow sen 02.jpg
40KB, 600x447px
Let's regroup them all in one thread shall we ?
>>
File: langfr-1028px-TeX_logo.svg.png (23KB, 1028x590px) Image search: [Google]
langfr-1028px-TeX_logo.svg.png
23KB, 1028x590px
I'll start : is it worth learning about TeX ?
>>
>>266784
Depends on what you want to achieve. It's good for creating documents that look academic. Example:
http://www.jilp.org/dpc/online/papers/02grannaes.pdf
>>
>>266786
I was thinking about brochures, menus, or catalogues
>>
I'm working on a 3d model made of small components.
I remember seeing a certain effect in numerous videos (especially in videos about guns) where a 3d model's parts are scattered (for lack of a better word), so that each individual component separates and is in clear view.

Does anyone know the name for this effect?
I searched for every possible keyword/question I could think of, but couldn't find a single relevant result.
>>
>>267764
Nevermind, anon told me the effect is called "exploding".
>>
File: bob_ross.jpg (189KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
bob_ross.jpg
189KB, 500x620px
What's differance between Illustrator and Photoshop?

What are the strengths and weeknesses?

I'm fairly competent in photoshop and design principles. Would I have to learn illustrator to be marketable as a graphic designer?
>>
File: Illustrator-CS6-WOW-Book.jpg (122KB, 894x285px) Image search: [Google]
Illustrator-CS6-WOW-Book.jpg
122KB, 894x285px
>>267847
>Would I have to learn illustrator to be marketable as a graphic designer?
yes, specially now that a lot of clients are requesting stuff like .svg .eps, favicon icons, etc. basically illustrator is for vectors (lossless) and photoshop for raster images (photography, painting, retouching, etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eM7uH4qNrw
>>
File: starfucks.jpg (130KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
starfucks.jpg
130KB, 500x1000px
>>267849
Interesting.
The video you linked mentioned raster (photoshop) as being the best tool for editing which is what I use to create design work.

Couldn't I just convert my work to vector in illustrator without having to create them with illustrator?

I've spent years learning photoshop and don't feel like learning new tools.
>>
>>267852
Illustrators some tools to terrorize images, but they're severely flawed. They end up making jagged color limited bastardizations of the original image.
Think of it like this: illustrator makes logos that can be scaled to any size, while Photoshop makes pictures that are limited to a certainties.
>>
>>267847
>What's differance between Illustrator and Photoshop?

Illustrator is vector based illustration. It can create raster images but primarily people use it because vector is lightweight, clean, and scalable.

>What are the strengths and weeknesses?

You should use the programs to compliment the final product. Some things are easy to do in Photoshop and others are easier to do in Illustrator.

>I'm fairly competent in photoshop and design principles. Would I have to learn illustrator to be marketable as a graphic designer?

Yes, as well as InDesign.
>>
>>266796
Use Adobe Indesign
>>
File: Grellow.jpg (25KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Grellow.jpg
25KB, 750x600px
>>267856
>>267856

So would you say that illustrator is best for creating images or components of a final product and Photoshop is better for editing and pulling togeather the final product?

Why is InDesign essential? I've created very good brochures and other company material with photoshop alone.
>>
>>267855
Could I just used photoshop to create my projects and use illustrator just as a way to converting the final product to vector or the correct file type?
>>
File: Scribus-logo.png (19KB, 150x146px) Image search: [Google]
Scribus-logo.png
19KB, 150x146px
>>267857
Is scribus ok instead ?
>>
>>267852
Because Illustrator and Photoshop are both Adobe programs it shouldn't be that difficult to learn, I understand the dread of needing to learn a new program after spending so much time learning one but going from Illustrator to Photoshop and back again should be easy, they are both layed out the same, they have similar tools and such.
>>
>>267858
Photoshop is used (as the name sugests) for photo manipulation and digital painting (because it's easier to blend pixels and get messy)
Illustrator is used for design work (where flat colours are king and it's all about accurate shapes that can be scaled)
InDesign is used to get the elements made in Illustrator and Photoshop and bring them into a final product to print.

Yes you can use any program to do any task, it's sort of like painting in real life, you can use the same brush to paint a room and to paint a picture, but that brush is going to be better at one thing rather than the other.

An example, a company wants a logo, you make one, now they want that logo in a brochure with some photos of their new store. so you do that, now they want a sign to go in their shop window and a business card. If you did it the right you would have created the logo in Illustrator, fixed up the photos in Photoshop and then put them all together in InDesign. Then when it came time to make the shop window, you already have the logo as a vector so blowing it up huge like that is no problem, and that business card? No problem, vectors can shrink down easily too, doing it all in InDesign means it is easy to move everything around when the clients want changes.

If you did it wrong, you would have made it all in Photoshop, then when you needed a huge version of the logo you would have had to remake it, same with the business card and if you didn't do it all in InDesign, sure Photoshop can be changed around but it's a lot messier, and clients like to make changes.
>>
Honestly curious what are good all in one desktops to work on before I hunker down and save for a mac.
>>
>>266783
Hoping someone here knows.

In the program GraphicsGale, how do you go about making the palette visibly larger? Pixel hunting for these colors is starting to drive me nuts.
>>
>>267950
try on the pixel art thread >>>/ic/2479628
>>
>>267953
Good looks, thank you.
>>
>>267939
Brilliant! It all makes sense to me now. Guess I'll be learning illustrator and indesign to complement my nack for photoshop.

Thanks anon!

I hope I have the whole creative suite rather than just photoshop ripped on my PC.
>>
Where could I find stock images that are free or aren't terribly expensive? In a portfolio project, what is the standard for image usage? I really don't want to just grab stuff from Google Images, but I don't think I could justify spending $50+ on one image
>>
>>268339

http://pastebin.com/BitQhN9E

http://library.ryerson.ca/copyright/resources/teaching-resources/general-resources/

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Free_media_resources/Photography
>>
Got photoshop cc and a mac but not used to it. I've no idea why after I select a point, I can't unselect. I've tried pressing enter, clicking out but no dice.
>>
>>268365
cmd+d and/or make your own shortcuts.
>>
File: img046.jpg (79KB, 388x332px) Image search: [Google]
img046.jpg
79KB, 388x332px
>>266783
anyone has seen this around? i've made it long ago but i think it's similar to some band logo or something.
>>
>>268342
Thank you!
>>
File: alia.png (25KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
alia.png
25KB, 271x271px
>>268405
Ali-A was the first thing that came to mind.
>>
File: I FIXED THE THING.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
I FIXED THE THING.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
i was having issues with sai not working on my computer but figured out the issue
>>
>>267939

I just have to ad a little thing... You can work together with lots of people using indesign.

If you are working to something with lots of illustrations, drawings, pictures etc, when you have a new version of something, you have just to update the file in the project folder and when you open indesign everithing will change good.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (234KB, 1921x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
234KB, 1921x1056px
How can I invert the center of this SVG icon? I want the 'balloon' part to be solid and the question mark to be cut out from that. See pic for example.
>>
File: huehue.jpg (192KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
huehue.jpg
192KB, 1000x1000px
im trying to make a personal logo with my initials being F and L and I'm aiming for a broken chain link looking logo which means something like unchain your creativity and such, creativity beyond limitations etc.
I believe the idea behind the logo is good and with some refinement it can be used on any project, from print to a huge wallpaper on a building..
So I am a complete noob at Illustrator and can't figure out how to remove the part of the chain shape without having to use a white shape to cover it up and make it look so, image explains better
>>
>>269447
I got J V and L as initials and I know fuckall what to do :')

That said, this looks ok, maybe use shaper to delete the white lines where you need to remove them? There are a few good tutorials on Youtube :)
>>
>>269449
cant even do it with shaper tool, why am i even trying...
>>
>>269450
send the file to [email protected] and I'll see what I can do for you man :)
>>
>>269413
select all and press ctrl+shift+m (shape builder tool) and just click the part you want to make.
>>
>>269447
Why do you need a personal logo though?
>>
>>269453
or select both and right click make compound path that also works (sometimes)
>>
>>269456
i might pursue a career for web and graphic design and im following a web development course now, and i want the logo to use on a mockup, that being said it wont be definite but i love the idea
>>
File: 1455623797031.png (63KB, 668x392px) Image search: [Google]
1455623797031.png
63KB, 668x392px
>>266783
How to I lighten the background to a white color without it affecting the drawing?
>>
>>269591
Levels.
>>
>>269591
In photoshop just hit ctrl+L and mess around a bit until you get the background lighter but keep the dark bits dark. (see gif related)
>>
>>269447
A backwards L with a curved bottom just becomes a J, it looks like FJ, or even EJ
>>
File: Sélection_001.png (41KB, 530x418px) Image search: [Google]
Sélection_001.png
41KB, 530x418px
I have a question about work method : how should I pick a font ? Do I have to go through the whole list on the software every time or should I sort all of them on some sort of a diagram to find it more easily ?

I try to learn by myself and I'm curious of the way taught in schools
>>
File: Wa2oReq.gif (3MB, 367x490px) Image search: [Google]
Wa2oReq.gif
3MB, 367x490px
can anyone tell me how this animated gradient is made? And if it's a image or video editing software I should use, like photoshop, after effects or other
>>
>>269453
>>269458
Thanks, that worked perfectly :)
>>
>>269812
after effects probably just use a keyframed loop of color hue/saturation but it need to be colored first (either editing the pic manually or with a radial gradient set to color mode on the blending options)
>>
I had not seen this thread before i created my own.

Does anyone here know Blender?

How do i make a video of a line progressively connecting different points?

>>269822
>>
>>269825
thanks!
>>
File: Zwart op transparant.png (10KB, 644x335px) Image search: [Google]
Zwart op transparant.png
10KB, 644x335px
I'm starting my own business, offering IT help at home.

Pic related is what I wanna go with as my logo. (Griend is my last name, in case you're wondering)

Opinions?
>>
File: 1454706251_yo0ebk2hbuwmzlk.jpg (194KB, 500x3693px) Image search: [Google]
1454706251_yo0ebk2hbuwmzlk.jpg
194KB, 500x3693px
>>270180
seems fine but maybe try different versions with fonts that look like they we're hand made (eg soka qola, suargie, thirstyrough, etc)
>>
>>270182

Are any of those free of charge?
The one I used now costs 60 dollars...
>>
what is the point in using vectors if I'm only going ot xport it to a raster/pixel format anyway?
>>
File: cubic02.png (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
cubic02.png
15KB, 355x355px
>>270216
lossless + scalable , easy to modify, more clean with less size, easy to export as svg, png, etc. not to mention is very easy and useful to make an "histogram" of previous versions/modifications of the logo you're designing.
>>
File: plshelpme.png (56KB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
plshelpme.png
56KB, 1366x730px
Does someone know how to avoid these blank spaces between the squares?

I zoom in every single square to make sure they are in their right place with the smart guides, but when I zoom out, they are still fucking there.

Help would be much appreciated.
>>
>>270505
turn off pixel grid
>>
File: Before.png (119KB, 1072x580px) Image search: [Google]
Before.png
119KB, 1072x580px
Why is it when I edit the levels on this drawing and export it in the same file format the filesize increases x10?

Seriously it's 110KB normally
>>
File: After.png (2MB, 1072x580px) Image search: [Google]
After.png
2MB, 1072x580px
>>270547
And after, same file format.

This is photoshop btw.

How do I adjust the levels while not increasing the file size so much? It's crazy, it's a simple drawing so I don't get the massive increase
>>
>>270547
photoshop? try ctrl+shift+alt+s (save for web) you can then see the quality and how much it weights if you want it lighter then reduce the quality anywhere between 70% and 90% (jpg) also you can mess with the dpi/ppi.
>>
>>270550
I want to retain the same quality as the original with a filesize around the same as the original too
>>
>>266783
Is there a plug-in or something I would have to download to get photoshop to work with my stylus? I have an ASUS Transformer Book that has a stylus seperately that I really don't want to buy
>>
>>270552
unless you drop it to 50% or less that type of quality is imperceptible for the human eye. try also illustrator png-24 safe for web.
>>
Anyone has a svg tutorial on chalk or crayon effect ?
>>
>>270590
did you tried illustrator chalk brushes to svg?
>>
>>270548
You could try changing the file format to a more light/lossy one.

JPG works.

If your drawing has transparencies then you are stuck with .PNG/.BMP
>>
File: image_paper.jpg (60KB, 786x1198px) Image search: [Google]
image_paper.jpg
60KB, 786x1198px
How do I clean a scanned file, so it looks white and the paper texure is not printed?

I want to scan and print a comic page template.

Picture kinda related. Sry for bad ingrish.

>inb4
Yes, I can print this one, but I need a very specific format.
>>
>>267924

Just use InDesign
>>
File: 117507.png (117KB, 1440x720px) Image search: [Google]
117507.png
117KB, 1440x720px
How can I know if a font is a rip?
>>
File: oval-ring.gif (7KB, 222x364px) Image search: [Google]
oval-ring.gif
7KB, 222x364px
Might seem dumb but in Gimp I'm trying draw a circle, I set the height and width to be the same but it still looks like an oval.
>>
>>270778
>gimp
the name says it all
>>
File: brisb.jpg (7KB, 119x172px) Image search: [Google]
brisb.jpg
7KB, 119x172px
>>270591
now i feel stupid
>>
>see someone posts a job on facebook
>3 people bombard him within the next 5 mins
im not a graphics designer but how do you guys survive in this field? im doing some graphics design on the same part of my texturing work
>>
>>271475
on the side*
>>
Do any of you have guides on how to learn Photoshop?

I've been trying to learn for the past 8 years, but usually get frustrated at the boring guides.
>>
>>271667
usually after you learn the basics you just move on into making your own projects and you progress through practice and only watch tuts for specific things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBInP0ogzUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJ--vHaigo
>>
>>271475

mostly i just cry
>>
How do I get photoshop for free
>>
>>271699
youtube - photoshop cs6 portable mediafire
>>
How can I decide the dimension of a logo? I mean the actual measures of the logo printed on paper. I wasn't bothered at all with this aspect of designing a logo until recently. Should I base the measures on something?
>>
>>271841
It entirely depends on what it's on...

it is on a business card? is it on the side of a bus? is it on a letterhead or a billboard?
>>
File: 51LePCyHclL._UY700_.jpg (18KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
51LePCyHclL._UY700_.jpg
18KB, 700x700px
How would I go about printing my designs on these?
>>
>>267949
From /g/ hopping over here I don't know much about/Gd/ just do video and photo editing my self but I say buy the Mac.... But not the iMac get a MacBook Pro I use a 27" display for editing on any I have all my stuff on it and it goes everywhere with me( upgraded from factory to hold everything)
>>
Hey I know a little of photoshop and my question is what a gd is supposed to know when it is in his last year?
I mean, should know how to draw, how to do montages, photoediting, making logos. But what else? Is it necessary to know 3D, perspective and all that advanced stuff?
>>
File: Vita Background 15.png (330KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Vita Background 15.png
330KB, 960x544px
How useful of a skill is learning how to draw for a Graphic Designer?

If I like making backgrounds like this pic, should I bother with Graphic Design?
>>
>>270182
>every child is an astist
>>
I was wondering if there were any good programs for tagging/managing assets (like nexusfont for fonts). Anything that could be used to tag images/vectors/assets, preferably without changing the file name.
>>
>>269645
Something like NexusFont will help with sorting and finding fonts as you can tag them and see previews of them, and will help with your computer not being bogged down with a thousand fonts you don't use.
>>
>>272448
If you like making images like that as a hobby it's okay then. Although it has very little to do with graphic design besides knowing about composition, colours and photoshop.

Do not try it just because "I know how to draw".
>>
What's a quick guide someone with shitty focus could use to make not-terrible logos?

They're only for backgrounds in a game. I want to make something vaguely competent, but it doesn't have to be spectacular.
>>
>>272454
I was asking about drawing just in case it was a useful skill to have. I don't know how to draw.
>>
>>271852
That's the problem, the logo should be represented in various applications (business card, t-shirt, envelope, letter, etc)
>>
>>266783
How do I format a diet plan aimed at women correctly?

The lady doing it asked me for it to have images, and be fun, and yada yada yada

Like, formatting an article/text/book for sale, with graphics, charts, quote boxes, and illustrations?

I doubt that MS Word is the way to go. Much less doing it page by page in Illustrator
>>
>>272508
Indesign would be the best way to go if you're making something with a lot of text. You can create yourself paragraph styles and use other handy tools to make sure blocks of text are uniform without spending a disgusting amount of time on it.

You can also import illustrations from PS or Illustrator depending on the format/version of the Adobe Suite you have.
>>
>>269139
i do this all the time...
>>
File: 1462890644708.jpg (1MB, 4724x3142px) Image search: [Google]
1462890644708.jpg
1MB, 4724x3142px
Is this a good place to start an inkscape thread or should i go to /ic/
>>
>>272671
it depends on what you want to do. if illustrations then it's ok here if painting post on there but i never seen anyone talking about inkscape on /ic/.
>>
I'm interested in making a frag video but I have little experience in video editing, I'm much better with photoshop. Apart from obvious things like don't over-edit, is there somewhere that I can download titles or transitions etc? I had a quick look and found https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/plug-ins.html which I would think I would just combine with piratebay or kickass to download these things.
>>
>>267859
not that guy
but yes you can
depending on the resolution of your project, the live trace feature (the shit that vectorizes pixels) can really fuck up your design
try it out for yourself since live trace is easy
>>
File: example.png (22KB, 357x443px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
22KB, 357x443px
Reposting from other thread

Whats the best way to combine the two characters with the bird? The hexagon can go. Just an example
>>
>>272452
Adobe Bridge is an asset management tool. It will let you tag and sort graphics.
>>
>>272501
This is why you build your logo in a vector format. Then you can make it any size without loss of detail.

That said, there are things to avoid if going huge or tiny, such as hairline serifs on small text.
>>
>>272780
And I did the logo in a vector format, but I still don't know how should I decide its dimensions on each applications
>>
File: Bruce_Mau-OCAD_University.jpg (51KB, 700x488px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Mau-OCAD_University.jpg
51KB, 700x488px
>>272816
that depends of your taste. i've seen business cards with a very small logo in the center and others with logo bigger than the card itself.
>>
File: P1090286.jpg (8MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
P1090286.jpg
8MB, 4592x3448px
How do I get rid of the shit in the lower right corner?

I use photoshop CS6

I fixed the trees in the background using clone stamp but I cannot for the life of me fix his hands
>>
>>272816
There is no "make art" button. Deciding the size of elements is what makes one a designer. Make it the size that works for your concept.
>>
>>272843
Well, you could isolate the hands with a selection mask and mess with saturation and color balance, but frankly the best way to fix it is to crop it out. It isn't that vital, and the trees and such add nothing to the composition.
>>
>>272856
Can it be fixed in lightroom or just crop it like you said?
>>
File: tokyohaze-wallpaper-alt1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tokyohaze-wallpaper-alt1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Any advice on this? First thing ive ever made, and I used gimp if that matters. But Im color blind and I'm not sure if the color scheme works
>>
File: tokyohaze-wallpaper-alt3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tokyohaze-wallpaper-alt3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>272905
Also this one please
>>
The free font download link in the sticky is down.
Can someone re-up it?
>>
File: paint_stuff.jpg (1MB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
paint_stuff.jpg
1MB, 1600x1190px
hey! how to do paint swirt or paint in water like images digitally? I'd like to avoid spending money on paint and do it all on my computer. pic related
>>
>>272964
there's photoshop liquify or just ps skills also the second pic seems cg probably made with fumefx or krakatoa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKJUKu1EoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1si-dWj4X2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjrpVnvSec&index=2&list=PL_tINAGYhKQLUMndL1TPQx_uqmwNwxpV2
>>
Okay, here I go:
I'm not exactly a beginner but I am more if a webdesigner and do logo/ui stuff.
I want to become better at illustrations but i have no experience. Lots and lots of people are using PS but how do they avoid the problem of pixelation? I mean when you have 5 colors and some lineart, that's fine, just use AI. But what if I want to use artsy brushes or draw on the iPad? It will always be a pixel based file. I am confused how people create complex stuff like that in PS because it seems impossible in AI. Anyone? Thanks, really. It's a huge riddle to me.
>>
File: 1465289285873.jpg (120KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465289285873.jpg
120KB, 960x960px
>>273019
most people don't even know what's vector or raster images, it depends i guess. i usually work with a resolution of 4k and so far i haven't had any problems with clients. and i only use illustrator for logos or "cartoon" looking illustrations.
>>
>>273020
Thanks! I am very worried about stuff like this because i got a lot of abuse in my last job and i was always at fault (we suddenly need it double the size of what we told you. What? Why would you need to redo the entire thing? Shitstorm.bat)
But it helps to know others are using PS as well and i am not missing some magical way to create textures and effects within ai. I will probably work with 4K, too, or just use 900dpi. Much appreciated!
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (6KB, 454x96px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
6KB, 454x96px
>>272905
>>272907
honestly in both these pics, it looks like you didn't really do anything but apply a filter and add some text.

Im not quite sure what you were trying to achieve by doing this. If you just wanted a nice looking background then you failed.

>>272905
for this pic, your seem to have stretched the city too far horizontally, making it look distorted. When scaling pics lock the ratio. It also looks like the a blur effect and some glow type filter has been applied, I don't see any reason to do this and it could just be because of gimps bad re-scaling. It also looks like you added some smoke which was a good idea, however, its a bit too thick and is centered in the middle of the picture, try having it come up from behind buildings with light and heavy patches and move it towards the edges of the photo and away from the center.

>>272907
In this pic, all it seems you did was apply a gradient map, changing the colors to fit that of the text. The colors really dont work well and its just a bad idea in general. If you do want that specific color map, maybe try appling pic related instead.

>>272905
>>272907
In both these pics the text really does not work. In the first pic, it does not match the city at all and dosent blend in with the picture. Also, the sky shouldn't reflect the text like glass. In the second pic, the text on its side is really distorted and hard to read because it is sideways

other than that if this was the first thing you ever made then you didnt do too bad
>>
How much do I have to legally change someone else's logo enough before I can call it my own.
>>
>>273069
80% or more i guess. but don't do it. it's just wrong.
>>
File: 1465503946955.png (1MB, 1096x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465503946955.png
1MB, 1096x1080px
Can I tile a gif in photoshop?

Like setting the background in html where it repeats on the x and y axis.

I know how to do it with static images and define brush patterns.
>>
>>273020
>most people don't even know what's vector or raster images

The difference is easy: vector images can be scaled without losing detail while raster images will become blurry.

This is why it's a good idea to create logos in a vector program such as Illustrator, so that you can size the up/down.

Then there's the matter of printing. The rule of thumb is that if you're using a raster image it should be double the resolution of your output device.

So if your printer has a resolution of 133 dpi, then to be safe your images should be 266 pixels per inch. If it's 75 dpi, then you're safe with 150 pixels per inch.
>>
>>273099
>Can I tile a gif in photoshop?

You mean tile a looping gif in photoshop so it loops?

I mean, you could, turning the gif into a smart object, then cloning the object as many times as you want. But in the end you'd just be creating a huge ass gif made up of the tiled gif.
>>
>>273107
i think he want the same image repeating over the background like in the old myspace profiles.
>>
File: wut.jpg (21KB, 737x467px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
21KB, 737x467px
Illustrator noob here.

How do I cut the green stroke in pic related so that it is perfectly aligned to the yellow shape?
>>
>>273109
Please help. You'd save an evenings worth of frustration.
>>
File: 1399474217543.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1399474217543.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>273113
Nevermind, I just figured it out. I had to change from stroke paint to fill.
Took me over an hour to figure that out...
>>
>>273112
Expand it so its a filled shape rather than a stroke. use the other shape to trim it with pathfinder tool.
>>
>>273115
Thank's! Shame though that there is not a more elegant way.
>>
>>273117
I'm sure there are other ways, but I don't know the context of that graphic with just that part cropped down. By the looks of it you could also just put the green stroke thing behind the flesh colored shape. I often use strokes to make certain shapes and then expand them to fills because fills are less buggy in PDFs and EPS files that you are going to use in other softwares. But this is dependent on the type of graphic and whether I need it to remain editable as strokes. Sometimes I'll keep a copy of the stroke version off to the side somewhere.

You have stroke options that can taper the end of it. I guess if you tweak it just right you can make it line up to the shapes.
>>
>>273123
How much theory do you have to learn in your colleges?

What is a theory/practical work ratio?
>>
How do I cut him out so that the background behind him is still there?
>>
>>273129
what? maybe try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2purMPuYI
>>
>>269413
delete inner points
make "?" white
???
profit
>>
>>273108
>i think he want the same image repeating over the background like in the old myspace profiles.
Anon mentioned he knows how to do that

>I know how to do it with static images and define brush patterns.

That's why I believe that anon wants to "tile" a looping gif in psd, which you can do by using smart objects. But like I said, anon is gonna end up with a big-ass gif file.
>>
>>273129
Why wouldn't you just recreate it with a simple gradient or look up "gray gradient wallpaper". What the fuck, dude.
>>
How realistic would it be to teach myself how to make animations like this? Is this a professional-group-of-animators-with-years-of-experience level animation?

https://youtu.be/MLKrmw906TM?t=521
>>
>>273172
it depends of your knowledge about animation and how good are you with software's like manga studio, toonz, after effects, illustrator, ps, etc.
it's not that difficult but it requires a lot of time and like most things a lot of practice. that flat design is usually made on after effects (there's tons of tutorials on yt) and also there's some useful plugins for saving time (like Duik, Ease and wizz and Move anchor point for example).
also try >>>/ic/2546824
>>
File: bgN6.gif (7KB, 72x111px) Image search: [Google]
bgN6.gif
7KB, 72x111px
>>273107
Can't figure out how to turn it into a smart object.

>you'd just be creating a huge ass gif made up of the tiled gif
Yeah, that's what I want.

From pic related:
>>
File: 0298734.gif (312KB, 1368x744px) Image search: [Google]
0298734.gif
312KB, 1368x744px
>>273196
To this

I just made a website with that as the background and recorded it with a gif recorder, but I need it in 1920x1200 (larger than my computer resolution).
>>
File: 1465772786600.jpg (87KB, 393x666px) Image search: [Google]
1465772786600.jpg
87KB, 393x666px
can anyone help, i want to make something like this but i dont even know how i tried bit map but it just wont work
>>
>>273129
Just draw a square around the first text block, fill the shape with "content aware" as method and then repeat that for the other box.
If there is a border visible, use the healing brush sparingly.
>>
>>273205
>draw a square
To clarify, I meant using the selection tool, ofc. You basically just need to be as close as possible to what you want to remove so that content aware has maximum effect. I find rectangles and squares work best but it depends. For text it is obvious and fast, though.
>>
File: 1458440192469.png (260KB, 2238x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1458440192469.png
260KB, 2238x1558px
>>273202
>>
File: 1401621364693.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1401621364693.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>273197
>I just made a website with that as the background and recorded it with a gif recorder, but I need it in 1920x1200 (larger than my computer resolution).

You want to... use a 1920x1200 looping and tiled gif... as a webpage background?

May God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>273207
Or you could just use the dot matrix preset.
>>
I am going to have an interview for a part-time/internship graphics design job.(it's a small printing and graphics design store)

However I only really have experience with Inkscape, and very basic knowledge of gimp/illustrator.

So what is the most used software used in graphics design? They might ask me to show them I can use their software during the interview.

What should I learn/review so I can impress them?
>>
>>273205
>>273206
I want to remove him but have the background intact even when he is gone. planning to paste someone else onto the background instead of him

>>273159
I'd rather learn how to do it so I can do it however in the future
>>
>>273244
>a small printing and graphics design store
The basic trinity is Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. To that you'd add QuarkXpress, and be familiar with Office (Word, Excel at the very least).

If it's a print shop you'd better be familiar with concepts like the necessary print resolution of images, differences between CMYK and RGB, color separations, and prepress preparation.

Good luck!
>>
>>273260
And for the love of God, hope that they have a standard bleed that works across their devices because that is (imho) the worst fucking thing about print material. On the other hand it is great if you already know what it means and how you need to set up your document in AI.
Gl from me as well
>>
>>273217
It's for a boot animation.
>>
>>273172
it took me a couple of months. This looks like it can be done using Illustrator and After Effects. It's not that difficult when you get familiar with the scary looking panel. It's time consuming. Before you start any Adobe programs. LEARN shortcuts. It's like learning how to type correctly. You don't realize how fast you're able to work until you implement it.
>>
>>270184
Typical free font sites.
fontsquirrel.com
fontfabric.com
dafont.com
fontspace.com

BONUS
losttype.com/browse/
If you want to download a font. Put $0 and it will still download.
>>
>>269447
looks like a dick head
>>
>>273207
>>273234
i thought that was a built in plug in but no, i tried to get it but all links are broken, any help?
>>
File: Capture.png (168KB, 1247x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
168KB, 1247x1080px
I'm trying to save this .tif image from krita for cell counting but it turns out completely black whenever I save it. Is there a way to save it with exposure being 4% rather than 0?
>>
File: SCAN0039-4.png (261KB, 6330x8192px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0039-4.png
261KB, 6330x8192px
Made this yesterday for a news news blog.

Relatorio Geral / General Report in English.

Any good?
>>
>>267847
In Ilustrator, any image can be scaled to ridiculous proportions and don't lose quality, that's the HUGE plus.

Let's say, the canvas is 700 points by 600 points (a little more) can be scaled to virtually any size in pixels
>>
>>273373
Checked the alpha channel?
>>
>>273441
I think the alpha channel is fine? Though I am new to using this, even when I put in the original image before I put them together like that, I have to first turn up the exposure. Is there a way to change the default exposure from 0 to 4? If I put it into something like Canvas X 16, there doesn't seem to be an issue but I can only use the trial version.
>>
I'm interested in Photoshop, is there any free guide book, site, YT channel, etc that begins with the basics
>>
Where can I find web design inspiration for websites that aren't generic? Almost every example of 'beautiful' design is low content, call-to-action and business oriented.

In contrast, I'm building a heavy content gaming community website and I have such a hard time finding inspiration... Does anyone have any inspiration blogs or examples of heavy content websites that look beautiful and are functional?
>>
>>273485
What are you trying to do with Photoshop? It has many uses.

You can literally go to YouTube and type "how to X in photoshop" and get thousands of results. Hell, even "Photoshop for beginners" in YouTube should give you plenty of results to get started.
>>
File: 1463013941271.jpg (136KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
1463013941271.jpg
136KB, 600x901px
>>273490
fromupnorth.com
>>
>>269447
Frankie "Mr. Pill" Livingstone.
>>
File: lol.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>266783
Hey guys, I basically have to redo the logo and company card for my sisters maid company. It is fuckin horrid wont lie to you fampai.

Ive had some ideas so far but id be very interested in what you guys think. I was thinking obviously make the font bigger, change it to a green color, maybe also orange or yellow, make the card white, add FREE ESTIMATES in big ass letters so people can see it. but im confused as to what else. We have no logo, but theres no way that maid picture can stay there. Also thinking about moving the text around to just maybe be in one column in the middle under a new logo.

What do you guys think?
>>
What kind of filter or effects he used in this pic?
>>
>>273552

Start from scratch! I don't think there's anything wrong with having a maid picture, as it's the general public that's the audience. So don't go ott and make some sort of StartUp logo.

Keep it simple, maybe a cleaner silhouette? Definitely some better fonts.
>>
>>273542
Thank you, looks promising.
>>
File: what.png (15KB, 300x108px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
15KB, 300x108px
Anyone know what this thing is on the top left of my Photoshop file? Doesn't seem to be affecting anything but I've never seen it before.
>>
I'm trying to sepparate the word "community" into syllabes to make it fit in a box.

Which one is more understandable or appealing?

com
muni
ty

or

com
munity
>>
>>273613
COM
MUN
ITY

very readable
>>
File: PLUR1.jpg (388KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PLUR1.jpg
388KB, 1000x1000px
I am a student and looking for a way to download PS and Illustrator without torrents so I don't get busted, thanks in advance!
>>
>>273624
You won't

www.qbittorrent.org
https://kat.cr/photoshop-cc-2015-16-1-1-portable-by-llexandro-t12784066.html
https://kat.cr/adobe-illustrator-cc-2015-v19-0-1-x64bit-portable-t11202678.html
>>
>>273552
Dont go all startup-looking fancy and minimal on it, make it look relatable and friendly. Keep a maid or broom or whathaveyou pic on there so people immediately know whats up. Dont go too crazy on color variation, what you have planned sounds like half a rainbow
>>
>>273557
bump
>>
>>273624
>student

ask around at your university or do some research - if you're not at some shit school your school should offer some type of adobe suite access

for example, at my school we get creative cloud subs which now gets all the shit
>>
File: 1465933338988.jpg (494KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465933338988.jpg
494KB, 1920x1080px
Very basic question that I don't know the answer to because I'm not a /gd/ person at all. (This also might not be related to /gd/, but oh well.)

Let's say I have pic related as a source image, the thing that I want to recreate.

I then have these three images:
http://i.imgur.com/VYHvXUo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zQCLI2k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pESupEG.jpg
which are just overlapping parts of the original/source.

Besides just eyeballing it, how would I recreate the source auto-magically? GIMP, Hugin, and other Linux tools are at my disposal.

I tried using Hugin, but I got a picture that was slightly too big, dimension-wise.
>>
File: goddamnitanon.png (4MB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goddamnitanon.png
4MB, 1921x1080px
>>273781
honestly, if you know that the images are seamless, you could spend 2 minutes and use mspaint

welp fuck you I did it for you
took less than 2 minutes

check it for seams though
>>
>>269447
I like it. The chain reference is a lil corny but the design sticks in your head
>>
File: a1917577842_10.jpg (254KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1917577842_10.jpg
254KB, 1200x1200px
How do I change the colors on a photo to look like this picture?
>>
>>273785
That's not the point...

I probably should have been more specific, my bad:

1) The images I gave you were just examples. I didn't need anything done to them, but thanks for putting in the effort, I guess?

2) In a more real situation, I wouldn't have the source file/image right next to me. I *would* have knowledge that the images are seamless.

3) And most importantly, the reason I want this done automatically is because I have a lot of (parts of) images, and doing it by hand would probably be a pain in the ass. Plus, it seemed like something that could be done pretty easily by a computer with the right inputs.

It's alright, though. I'll do it the long way.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (140KB, 1833x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
140KB, 1833x1059px
>>273197

After Effects, make a comp of the right res, 41 frames long at 25fps. Drag the GIF in, Motion Tile effect, drag out the Output Width/Height to fill the comp.

Render as an Image Sequence, use whatever online tool to make that a GIF.
>>
Do I need a newer version of Illustrator to apply gradients to a stroke? I've got CS5
>>
>>273598
You used the slice tool once by accident.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 257x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 257x247px
Is this circle thimgy centered? I swear I'm about to email this app developer
>>
>>266783
>>
-Photoshop CC

Is it possible to use content-aware fill but only focusing on one particular area? Im trying to increase a wall around a persons leg but the content fill is taking part of the leg and making it bigger, which is not what I want
>>
File: Untitled.gif (661KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
661KB, 538x720px
>>273942
same person here, can somebody please tell me how I can fix pic related? For my task I need to repaste a deleted section of my image but I get white lines around my image
>>
Not going to pay 9.99 a mo for photoshop. Would it just be better to use Manga Studio or something else for digital art? Thanks.
>>
I'm not new to print design, but hot damn do I suck at brochures. It's such a small amount of space and the clients always want entire essay's worth of information crammed into them.

Any tips / resources on how to improve my brochure designs? Maybe even some good inspo? I don't mind basing things off of templates for this stuff either. Normally I'd feel ashamed but I really need to work through this gig and move on.
>>
>>273950
what's your reason for not pirating it?
>>
>>273967
Piracy is wrong and evil. Adobe worked really really hard to make photoshop and it would be immoral for me to steal from them and make them lose money. Thanks.
>>
>>273970
you srsly don't know shit, do you? the one guy who make photoshop quit adobe long ago. adobe and autodesk pretty much are running monopolies nowadays.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Adobe_Systems
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Autodesk_acquisitions

https://damnuglyphotography.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/why-we-all-must-fight-adobe-and-stop-the-creative-cloud/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 2000x1500px
How do I make text look like it is dripping?

Yea I could use a specific font that looks like that but I'm wondering in case I want to do it to any other font
>>
>>273979
did you tried google?
>>
>>273946
first disable anti-aliasing in your select if you want to do something like this, then expand your select by 1 pixel and copy. Then ctrl + alt + z and delete
>>
>>273979
nigga dripping effect tutorials are like the second most common tutorial out there. Next time you should ask if you want flame text so you can be even more irritating
>>
As far as getting work goes how useful are the job boards? I keep seeing articles about them and i'm wondering if it would be a waste of time if i'm just going to get underbid by some 3rd world-er.
>>
File: Better Drip.jpg (58KB, 450x469px) Image search: [Google]
Better Drip.jpg
58KB, 450x469px
I'm a different guy, but I have a similar question as >>273979

I really love this sludgy style of ooze, and I've tried to make it in Illustrator, but I'm not really sure how to go about it (please excuse the shitty stock photo).

Honestly I'm not even sure what to call it to even google it. It's just skater sludge to me.

Do I just bite the bullet and just draw it manually? Or is there a way I can work smart and not hard? I'm not opposed to either.

Fuck I honestly would even love to know what the hell to call it, so I can look up better references. An artist could even help.
>>
>>274068
Don't sweat it, I'm just better at googling than you are.
graphic.com/tutorials/slime-text-effect

Probably not the software you're used to but the same drawing principle can be applied in any of them.
>>
>>274073
Fuck man, thank you so much for linking this. Not even the guy who asked but I had no idea that this app exists and that it works both on my iMac and my iPad Pro. Native vector scaling and bezier editing on the go, even with Apple Pencil, holy shit. Autodesk earned those 9 euros
>>
>>274073
Thanks man, this should work out.

I did try googling it (obviously), but searching for things like drip slime and sludge, didn't really find me the results I was looking for.
Just mainly drips off the text, and no real layering.

Is there a more specific thing to call it? Or even an artist that does shit like this? I see it all the time in skateboard art.
>>
File: 1448560038038.png (892KB, 338x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1448560038038.png
892KB, 338x2366px
>>274073
there's this one but it's a little blurry.
>>
File: 1465525146748.jpg (5MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
1465525146748.jpg
5MB, 4592x3448px
>>272843
Didn't want to give you bad advice so thought I'd test it first, ended it doing it. The spot healing brush is best used for it. Rather than cloning pixels directly from your sample zone it uses pixels around it to create a decent match.

Glad I could help someone out though. So much stuff you guys have been saying I don't know how to do, Illustrator especially.
>>
File: sad anime picture.jpg (19KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
sad anime picture.jpg
19KB, 500x357px
>~900kb .png from illustrator
>add noise filter in ps
>jpg is 68mb

why
>>
>>274487
no idea. post screenshot or try with save for web
>>
>>274487
it depends on the compression and the lossess option you have set up.

PNG can "ditch" colors from its pallet to save space.

Do this, on PS to image > color move > gray/grayscale and do your shit, save for web.
>>
>>274646
>>274506
lol guys i figured it out, for some reason I saved the jpg to be like 10,000 x 6,000 pixels
>>
>>273557
I'd say contrast/exposure, and grain or pattern overlay
>>
I'm making a small RPG book. I've got several individual pages laid out and ready to go, one page per .indd document. All of these are collected in a .indb book. Should I be putting multiple pages into one .indd document, or is the way I'm currently doing it correct?
>>
>>273202
HORRID CROSS
>>
>>274698
thanks sir
>>
Trying to find this damn font that says "BRIDAL SHOWER"
but I have no idea what words to use to search for it? Its got those lines through it and its beeen hard to find anything that has the lines through it.
>>
File: bike.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
Friend asked me to crop out the dude on the bike but I'm not sure I can since the reflection makes things complicated

am I just not trying hard enough?
>>
how you get them creative flow going. blocked up heavy rn
>>
>>275253
oblique strategies
>>
>>275253
Change the music.
>>
>>275253
this
>>
I'm about to work part-time managing the facebook of a graphic design school. What are some interesting themes to post about? Aside from famous designers, campaigns and graphic pieces of the moment, etc
>>
Every time I mask something with a brush that has an opacity below 100% it obviously creates a darker area when you draw above an area that already masked.
Is there a way to disable that so that, no matter how many times you go above the same area, the opacity always is the same?
Also I'm sorry for how badly that is worded but I have no idea how to properly explain that.
>>
This is my first time on this board. How do I into GD? I have no experience whatsoever or any artistic background. Also, I'm only intermediate level with computers. Would just like to know where to begging? what to learn first? If someone can point me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it thanks.
>>
>>270547
i-is this lewd...?
>>
File: 0915XVA96779.jpg (109KB, 955x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0915XVA96779.jpg
109KB, 955x1024px
Boys how would I go about changing this flag to white or say any color, while keeping the shadows and texture of the flag?
>>
>>275313
Tecniques for various programs.
>>
>>275337
I dont know how to fix that,but I do know that instead of using black, use grey and various shades of grey to get different tones of opacity, in place of actually using the brush opacity meter.
>>
>>275461
>>
>>275465
Oh yeah, that's a good idea.
I'll try that when I'm at work again on Monday. Thanks anon.
>>
I'm an amateur/rookie who has been messing around with Photoshop the past few months

Where is a good place to put my work? My first thought is deviant art but I hear it has a bad rep
>>
Cheapest way to print on t-shirts? I know about screen printing and transfer paper. I want to print different designs on each of the 12 t-shirts I bought.
>>
>>275499
behance (owned by adobe)
>>
Where can I find free books on graphic design? I'm poor as fuck and want to get started on graphic design and get good at it so bad and I don't wanna wait until I finish school to do it, I just don't know where to get the info.

Is there any place I can download or read these books?
>>
>>275594
google, vk, torrents (rutracker)
>>264427
>>
>>275499
>>275499
tumblr is pretty good if you're just starting out. If you tag your stuff correctly you'll nearly always find a couple of people who like your stuff.
>>
How can I join two open paths in Illustrator—more specifically, I don't want them to join at the end of the path, but instead, I want one end to 'stick' or merge together at some point on the segment of the other one so that it becomes one single path and not two distinct ones. I've tried Ctrl J but that closes my paths. I've also tried the Join Tool pencil button. I've tried Merge from the Pathfinder tool as well. Thank you in advance.
>>
Can someone please tell how do i render an image in blender? I keep getting a blank screen
>>
>>275772
Ask shit like this in /3/'s question thread.

But f12 is the render button in blender.
Make sure you have materials and shit properly set up. And a light.
>>
This site uses a window from windows 98. I was wondering if anyone know how I can get the user interface from 98. Or do you believe they made this from scratch

https://plaza.one/
>>
>>275740
maybe shape builder tool
>>
>>275740
Like, with the pathfinder tool?
>>
>>266783
Broad question.

I'm into digital art, but have done close to nothing related to graphic design. Where should I start if I'm wanting to, say, design a logo to put on a shirt?
>>
>>267985
Yeah. The only problem now is that you are going to HATE Illustrator, because you are used to Photoshop and you will feel like a fish out of the water. You started wrong and probably is too late to fix you.
To me Photoshop is just a massive tool of Illustrator. I do whatever I need to do in Illustrator.
>>
>>275803
google logo design by shawn berry or something like that
>>
i've been using sony vegas for a while, but I think there are better alternatives to achieve what I want.

I'd like to make a presentation with effects similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wztBmIKIkQ

what I'd like is to have a 3D globe spinning with the ability to zoom on geographic locations when I'm talking about certain areas.

I also love the presentation style of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiZHgwICPlU

does anybody know what software I could use to achieve this? I have until the 20th to come up with a web-based presentation for my psychology class and I want to blow this project away.
>>
>>276405
after effects camera and 3d layers. search for ecabrams cam tut.
>>
what are some must have photoshop plug ins
>>
HELP!

If I save a file in EPS format in Photoshop, then why is it blank when I try to open it?

Size is correct (200mb+)
>>
Any web designers here? How can I improve the SEO of my website? I used the SEO functions of my wordpress theme and my website appears on the third page and it's not even the home page, even when it has a unique name, however I've seen websites that have no SEO optimization and they appear first result when they type the name
>>
>>276474
try illustrator and use file/open don't drag it.
>>
is college a meme?

I have my associates already but i'm at a crossroad where i no longer feel like continuing my degree. I get bogged down by all the superfluous liberal arts courses i have to take that are in no way related to my major.
Right now i can either continue on this path where i don't feel motivated to stomach down these useless courses while gathering more and more student loan debt or i can move in with my significant other were we
have the resources to start our own studio and registered business.
>>
>>276578
if you get a job as an assistant or somewhere where you can get nice experience then you can start from there, college is a meme as in things you need to learn because with exp plus tutorials for software you are fine, the degree is helpful though
>>
File: 1.png (32KB, 502x535px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
32KB, 502x535px
Is it possible to make adobe illustrator to only render what is in the white rectlangle?
>>
File: DDDDDDD.png (2KB, 246x99px) Image search: [Google]
DDDDDDD.png
2KB, 246x99px
>>276726
Nevermind I found it myself.
>>
>>274703
Bumping this question. Do I make one page per .indd and put them all in one .indb, or do I make multiple pages per .indd?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2000x2380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2000x2380px
First time on /Gd/

What are your guys opinion on this coat of arms? Could it be turned into an aesthetic logo?
>>
ayo nignogs

How do I take a logo which is red and change it to blue in photoshop?

I tried using the paint bucket tool but it made the edges soft and the whole image blurry.
>>
Question regarding After Effect :
I have a video with a duration of 00:03:984, i imported it in AE to add sound and when i render the video the duration change and i don't why ? (exemple : initial duration 00:03:984 and after render it become 00:03:980)

In AE the milliseconds are between 0 and 59 so i can't have a "precise" duration (i want it to be between 0 and 999). Does anybody know how i can resolve this issue ? Thanks
>>
>>276885
it could work but it needs to be redone from scratch. remember to start by only using black an white
>>277073
ctrl+u
>>
>>277076
Thanks for the ctrl+u
It's still a little blurry but it's better than it was.
>>
File: Screenshot02.png (108KB, 990x674px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot02.png
108KB, 990x674px
Baby's first comic book logo.
Any feedback, /gd/?
>>
File: 1468968984395.jpg (148KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1468968984395.jpg
148KB, 1000x667px
How are images like this achieved? To have the effect of the face/skin to be transparent and have the background replace it?
>>
>>277124
Have a picture of the background and one of the subject.

Just cut the subject's face out.
>>
File: no you dont understand.png (703KB, 816x1200px) Image search: [Google]
no you dont understand.png
703KB, 816x1200px
>>272907
>>
>>275238
Jesus, she's fat
>>
>>277162
Yea she is

My friend sent me the pic I don't know who she is
>>
dudes wtf can i just not open .indd without paying? also is there anyway to get a standalone version of indesign without the subscription?
>>
>>271667
There's Phlearn and Blue Lightning TV in youtube, they do mostly specific things, but they work for learning the use of each tool, and their shortcuts.
>>
File: NEWSLETTER-ALT.png (439KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
NEWSLETTER-ALT.png
439KB, 594x594px
How do I make this look more professional and smooth? Right now it looks like it was made by aborigins.

By professional and smooth, I mean that nothing looks like part of the same image, everything looks pasted on top of the background.
>>
>>277838
Also, how can I make the text easy to read without that ugly outer glow? Any other way I found is making a lighter base for it (white layer with 60% opacity below the text) and it was shit.
>>
>>277838
go use a publisher template you idiot
>>277841
drop shadow
>>
File: levels.gif (26KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
levels.gif
26KB, 413x310px
>>277841
You can try by changing levels.
Move the black output level to make black less black.
>>
>>272817
Unless you are a hot chick, don't put your pic on your card.
>>
>>277838
Three things:

1) Do not choose a background the same color as your logo. The Diamond N get's lost quickly.

2) Chose a solit text box that matches the lace pattern in the background such as pic related and drop the text over it, you also need to choose a better typeface.

3) get rid of that nasty black boarder

man that logo is hideous.
>>
File: Natalie Intima.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Natalie Intima.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>277924
Here is what i wiped up to give you a clearer example.
>>
File: winsolitaire.png (181KB, 620x382px) Image search: [Google]
winsolitaire.png
181KB, 620x382px
>>266783
>Newfag here
Can anyone show me to do this effect like how the cards are, there is a better example i cant find it was tumblr and showed a picture of multiple gucci manes in the fur coat, but I remember i was trying to press a certain key or messing around i some how managed to achieve this affect but then i exited out quickly afterwards
>>
>>277942
in paint, select the part of the image you want to do the effect with. then hold shift & drag it
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (105KB, 974x839px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
105KB, 974x839px
>>270505
Had this happen to me to when doing some doodling with triangles. Only solution I found was to trace the every full shape per color, see attachment.
>>
How easy is it to get a job in this field after being self-taught?

Particularly in the UK
>>
File: Screenshot_34.jpg (58KB, 881x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_34.jpg
58KB, 881x600px
How do I change the flag color to white while still keeping the texture of the flag?
>>
>>270548
I believe its because PNG compression allows you to specify a "background color" and not store specific pixel hue values and instead just point to the one background one.

And when you changed it, they could no longer point to the bg color.
>>
>>278008
Easy, just have a good portfolio, resume, and maybe some references.
>>
>>278017
Use frequency separation to isolate the texture and the color on two separate layers, then edit the colors beneath to match the desired colors.
>>
>>275238
The reflection makes this véry difficult indeed, it'd be easier just to crop it all out, make the picture vertical and be done with it
>>
>>273205
How did I not know this existed? Holy shit thats handy, thanks
>>
>>268405
looks kinda like the AIMP logo
>>
First, let me apologize beforehand. This question is normally not well received, I am aware.

I am looking for Comic Sans like font families, specifically monospace, but proportional are fine too.
Secondly, where do you guys get your fonts?
What are your preferred font sources? (ideally non-proprietarily licensed, but I am thankful for all help)
>>
>>278130
Try comic neue, it's a remake of comic sans with more fonts.

http://comicneue.com
>>
>>278164
oh wonderful, thank you!
>>
>>278083
this is the best I could muster

I'm the guy you responded to btw
>>
File: 1459377391523.jpg (64KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
1459377391523.jpg
64KB, 479x349px
I'm graduating this Fall with my BS in Graphic Design and was wondering how to get ahead of the game when it comes to freelancing. The problem is is that I don't really know where to begin. I already have two clients I know through friends that want my help; one has a video project in mind and the other wants my help with branding his idea for a company. I've already been doing some research, but any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have a few questions that might help summarize my confusion...

Do you need a business license to start freelancing? How do you estimate prices effectively and fairly through value-based pricing (I'm trying to stay away from hourly pay rates)? Are there any online resources or books that you all would recommend on the matter of freelancing, prices, selling yourself, etc.?
>>
File: CLASSIC_BLACK_1024x1024.jpg (84KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CLASSIC_BLACK_1024x1024.jpg
84KB, 1024x1024px
I'm new to graphic design and I would like to do something like this. Where do I start?
>>
Hey /gd/,

I really need to know something since I'm about to make a banner for a company that they'll use for their own flyer to sell stuff.

Now I can't really say why exactly but I want to to use Pikachu in that banner because Pokemon Go.

And there's my problem, if I'd draw that Pikachu myself and would change some things like giving it sunglasses maybe draw the tail differently etc.; could I put it in there without breaking any copyright laws or should I just scrap that idea?
>>
>>278588
That's called creating a bootleg anon. It's still a copyright infringement and I don't think you can claim fair use.
>>
>>278588
>>278596
Also, creating your own bootleg of pikachu would be pretty ridiculous and would give the company a bad image. If you really think a pikachu would be a good idea on that flyer, you should tell the company it would be a good idea to buy the rights to it.
>>
>>278580
Buy their official merch.
>>
>>278598
I'm not wanting to create another death grips tshirt. I just like their style and I'm wondering how they did that.
>>
What paper is best for posters?
Regular, thick or glossy?
(For home decor, A2)

I know this is not really the place to ask this, but still
>>
File: sanpaku_by_hloytheda-d4tk7wq.jpg (249KB, 725x1102px) Image search: [Google]
sanpaku_by_hloytheda-d4tk7wq.jpg
249KB, 725x1102px
I'd like to attempt getting a graphic design degree at the college I'm going to this fall but I noticed that the degree requires a few photography classes instead of the studio art courses. I enjoy drawing a lot and took a couple introductory classes for using photoshop but does graphic design generally lean more towards using photos and realism? Is there any advantage I could have with knowing how to traditionally art or am I going in blind?
>>
alright alright

>>278719
Knowing something is always an advantage anon (omg so deep). More seriously classical fine arts are very very rarely used in graphic design, but digital illustration, printmaking and sketching often are.

Graphic design is based on typography, abstract imagery, and crafts. You won't get to do much figure drawing, but you aren't forced to use photos at all either (pic related is an example of the kind of stuff you'll do in a gd program).

>>278656
thick glossy paper is the standard for a basic poster, but there is no best. Choose whatever looks best to you.

>>278601
not sure what to tell you man, a common thread of the DG aesthetic is that their designs are random and don't have any thought put into it. Throw a lot of random distorting effects at a picture in photoshop, and it will look like this eventually.

>>278588
Pikachu is a trademarked mascot, you can't legally use it even modified. Plenty of people do though, and Nintendo rarely bother suing them.
>>
File: 1454376700987.png (54KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454376700987.png
54KB, 557x605px
If I want to make a line-based template like pic related from which others draw over, what would be the best approach? Just redraw lines over it on a different layer?
>>
>>278719
Knowing how to draw is great if some of the jobs you want need Illustration, for posters, digital vector art, t-shirt designs, etc. But in short yeah photos like stock ones are used a whole lot more.

>>278733
Yeah just trace the lineart on a new layer and save as png
>>
File: OSClogodesignv1.jpg (477KB, 3892x1836px) Image search: [Google]
OSClogodesignv1.jpg
477KB, 3892x1836px
Hello /gd/

I was wondering what would be the best current budget laptops to work in my design skills (Ai, Ps etc...) budget 800 ish$
thank you much
>>
>>278763
Having a nice processor like i5 or i7 is a must to avoid those long renders, specially in AE or Premiere, also 8gb ram would be good. I'm not tech genie but I'd suggest a Macbook Air, the tricky thing is a budget but hopefully you'll find something good.

http://teradatariver.com/1054/best-laptops-for-graphic-design/
>>
>>278766
Thank you for the advice. I will look into this.
>>
I'm gonna be going into my 2nd year of college with no idea what I want to be doing with my life. How can I "dip my toes" into doing graphic design? (besides taking an intro course)

I probably don't need an actual graphic design degree but it seems interesting and I can just learn while pursuing some other degree.

would I need to be able to draw well
>>
>>266783
How useful is GIMP? I don't wanna spend a billion dollars on photoshop.
>>
>>278776
Torrent photoshop
???????????????????
Profit
>>
Alright so this is probably a really stupid question but I'm about to switch to a new PC at work and want to take most of my saved fonts, brushes, actions etc. with me.

Now with fonts I will probably just copy all the fonts I have currently in the system folder and work from there but I'm not sure how I should move my brushes and textures for example.
I usually added brushes the lazy way, as in I just clicked on the .abr file but didn't actually move the file into the proper PS folder. Now they're all still active in PS itself but from what I've seen they don't seem to be saved somewhere.

Is there a way I can find or export them or something?
>>
>>266784
Expanding on this cause interested.

I'm currently writing my bachelor thesis, more writing than science so I think Latex is out.

I'm thinking about InDesign but have no idea where to start. Anybody good good examples of nice looking research papers that are more on the text heavy side?
>>
>>278994
Are you on a legit copy of CC?

If so I think there is a way to just sync them over the Adobe Cloud thingy. Google it.
>>
>>279005
It's CS5 so no option to sync unfortunately.
>>
File: 01950058.png (309KB, 704x288px) Image search: [Google]
01950058.png
309KB, 704x288px
Can I set photoshop (CC) to remember the last used file type when saving?
>>
Is there a way to add multiple "Drop Shadow" effects in After Effects like you do in Photoshop? If I add it again, it just resets it.
>>
Not sure if this is a /gd/ question, since it's more photo editing then graphic design, but this board is the closest 4chan has to one for this

I'm a GIMP user, but I need to know the name of that one really amazing PS function that was added in like CS4 or 5 that was essentially a context sentive automated fill tool.

Like, if you had a photo of a person laying in a field of flowers, you could cut out the person, select the blank space left,l sample the flowers beside it, and it would photorealstically fill in the space with flowers swith almost no mandual adjusiting.

Also, what's the best way to pirate/torrent the most recent version of PS plus all the pro/advanced features prior to when they went subscription?
>>
>>279363
Content aware fill?
>>
>>279388
Maybe.

Anyways, on a similar note/why I asked that to begin with, I need that feature for something i'm working on and GIMP isn't cutting it.

What's the best/easiest to deal with torrent to pirate CS6 and all the extra shit that comes with the pro additions, along with Illustrator?
>>
File: fair_clouds_8k.png (225KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
fair_clouds_8k.png
225KB, 800x400px
Is it possible to make black pixels totally transparent and grey pixels semi-transparent?
>>
>>279522
Yes, google alpha channels.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.