[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo... You cant buy the adobe softwares anymore? You have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: capture.png (118KB, 931x798px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
118KB, 931x798px
Sooo...
You cant buy the adobe softwares anymore?
You have to pay a monthly payment...?
Fucking greedy cunts
When will this monopoly end?
>>
It's been that way since mid 2013
>>
>When will this monopoly end?

It won't. Adobe has you bent over and ready to take the big CC right up yo gaping ass.

inb4 muh Corel, muh Gimp
>>
>>262365
It's actually cheaper in the long run. The cost of Master Suite is roughly 3 years of CC payments, but now you get monthly updates and, basically, a the new Suite every year for a 1/3 of the price.

Plus, you can use you high school or college email account to get the first year for $20 a month.
>>
It's been like that for a couple of years, OP.
>>
>>262387

I've been using CS5 for like, 6 years, and it's done everything I need. There was never any reason to upgrade every time a new version comes out. So basically, the payment model boils down to, "you can have these features you don't need slightly cheaper than you would buying them new, which you wouldn't normally even do".

It's total exploitation, plain and simple.
>>
>>262395
Or maybe they realized they built the white suit, started losing market share because people stopped needing to buy their products, and now they are rectifying that situation.
>>
>>262365
Take a look ay Affinity Photo and Designer if you are on a mac.

If you are on a PC, you will have to wait a bit. They are porting them over.

They are nice apps.

No, they arent Illustrator or Photoshop.
>>
Self taught here. Still using CS5.

I really would like the pattern maker tool, full access to typekit etc. Doesn't seem sensible paying all that cash for a few extra features though. Poorfag sucks
>>
Because they don't make their money from individuals buying the software, that's why they don't give a shit about personal use and if people pirate it, they get their money from businesses and schools using it, and businesses can pay whatever they charge because a) you can claim it on tax and b) if you are making money from it, it's going to be more than what the product costs.

All in all, if you're learning, using it for personal use and not making money with it, just pirate it, they don't give a shit, and neither should anyone else. If you're using it for work, pay the price, you'll get all that money back anyway.
>>
>tfw affinity, pixelmator and sketch could kill adobe monopoly if they got together and released windows versions
>>
>>262429
>They are porting them over.
shit, seriously? That's great news, loved Affinity Photo and the vector tool.
>>
File: creative-cloud-money-pit.jpg (158KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
creative-cloud-money-pit.jpg
158KB, 600x400px
>>262387
This is assuming people want to buy the master suite and that they upgraded every time that adobe came out with another version. There are 5 adobe applications I use and all of them are on Production Premium. It was only worth it to upgrade every two versions.

Additionally you're locked into a subscription service don't have the security of knowing if the yearly price is going to increase (like they did recently), and of course you'll have to keep paying because you'll lose the programs if you don't (rather than just having them on your computer indefinitely).

I seen Adobe compared to drug dealers for offering the subscription at a good price at first then jacking it way up once people are hooked.

>>262395
I had that until I got a computer with a high definition screen. Adobe CS5 displays all pixely on it.

I have the option of getting the CS6 upgrade and Adobe sales customer service reps have assured me that it will display fine, but a graphic designer friend I have says that is not the case. Anyone have experience with this?

I really don't want to switch to CC, but I suppose I will have to someday when CS software becomes really outdated...

>>262367
This is depressing. Maybe I should just adopt the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" philosophy and buy their stock...
>>
>>262477
>mfw affinity are actually releasing windows versions
Are they our saviors from adobe?
>>
>>262477
>>262595
>tfw no face

Also I only just looked into affinity today. Looks like an Adobe clone that does outline and other history stuff better.

Anyone here use it? What about it is better/worse than adobe? Also why is it so cheap (compared to adobe) and why do I almost never hear about it?
Does it have much less features than adobe overall?
>>
>>262476

100% agree with this

And stay to CS-X versions
>>
>>262365

Just keep using CS6, there really isn't anything worthwhile in CC

> When will this monopoly end?

Probably not anytime soon, but alternatives are starting to emerge; krita is great for painting and animating and can replace photoshop, and the Foundry has a lot of other promising software.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.