[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help asap, /gd/. X-posted from somewhere else: This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: fucking.jpg (953KB, 958x1014px) Image search: [Google]
fucking.jpg
953KB, 958x1014px
Need some help asap, /gd/.

X-posted from somewhere else:

This is a class project with a real client. The company is geared towards senior executive women in the business field. They obviously have money: They go on resorts, and are primarily in this year program to improve their skills in the business world and in their personal life.

My design intent was to have a mandala like appearance; to have pattern and repetition feel to it. When the client's husband was speaking, he was expressing that it's somewhat a "spiritual" journey. "A Mandala represents wholeness, a cosmic diagram reminding us of our relation to infinity, extending beyond and within our bodies and minds."

I wanted to challenge myself by using blue, since the client seemed to not want that in her logo unless we could influence her to like it. Evidently, I changed the colors but I'm open to anything. At this point I'm starting to get frustrated and not give a shit anymore. I'm also stuck on the text since my professor + his pal really hate Trajan (old logo). Any input would really help, because I'd like to finalize the design by tonight and work on the branding applications to present tomorrow night.
>>
File: logos.jpg (185KB, 899x586px) Image search: [Google]
logos.jpg
185KB, 899x586px
lol, oops I saved it the wrong color doc. Here's a file of the old logo.

Bottom left is what was supposed to be shown above.
>>
>>260141
>>260143
What's the help you want?

Your shit is basically a clone of the original, what should we tell you?
>>
>>260153
Need help deciding if I should keep the business name horizontally (#1) or stacked like number 3 or 4. Also want input if the fonts are okay. The colors are starting to seem like a hotel to me now.
>>
>>260158
3&4 - you need to revisit the text alignment, it's fucked.

The serif fonts work better than the sans-serif.

Colors are fine. Your biggest problem is the lack of originality.
>>
>>260160
Ehhh, I'd say it's more original than my fellow classmates: hearts, cursive, butterflies, red, pink... They basically put the epitome of female essences into their logo.

Thanks for the input, I think serif fits well as well. Since I'm tired of dealing with this, do you think either of the fonts are good on #1 or #2? I'm thinking of just calling it quits at #1, but I feel like it looks too elitist and prestigious, even though it is geared towards these rich women.
>>
>>260168
Wait a second, in the OP image the bottom layout says "old Logo"...Is that not the existing logo? Are you saying that is also of your own making? It's labeled such that I assumed it was the existing logo.

#1 is better, with your current formatting the uppercase style is more ergonomic.

I might take the time to take #1 and make the title letters to each word a little larger, while keeping uppercase. (IE. S & L 10% taller)
>>
File: sample.jpg (20KB, 497x248px) Image search: [Google]
sample.jpg
20KB, 497x248px
>>260170

Sorry I didn't clarify very clearly. I was annoyed and just submitted this. Correct-- I made all these logos. I've received some input from other people saying that the thing you suggested makes it look off. My professor bitched about it in the old logo... But here... Any better?
>>
>>260173
Given your current disposition to the project I'd say sell it, knowing now that it's all you work I'd say you di well. The logo is still a little busy but it's good, copy style is fine, everything is fine, if they don't like it, fuck them.
>>
>>260141
#4 with leadership in the same font as sophia
>>
File: 4.jpg (19KB, 360x301px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
19KB, 360x301px
>>260180
Here's a visual for you. I think I'm sticking to >>260173 tho
>>
>>260181

I'm the guy who's been riding you.

Don't forget that you can have/need multiple formulas for the same logo.

You have 3 formats available to you.
Centrist
Y axis
X axis

Feel free to take the same typography, colors and styles and package it....This is the reality of branding, exceptions need to be planned for, not made.
>>
>>260183
Gotcha. I really dislike branding/logo things ;/ but whatever. I'm doing what I gotta do. I really appreciate your feedback and input. I need more gfx design friends, so if you're a cute guy I have skype and maybe you can do my homework.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.