[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be graphic design student >5 days to design a resume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (5KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5KB, 245x206px
>be graphic design student
>5 days to design a resume
>spend 3 sketching
>come up with an idea
>bring it into indesign
>idea is awful
>had the idea to use colors to create rhythm and bring attention to center of resume
>not enough room to write resume info
>literally no design elements used on text other than color
>tfw you know whats wrong and still don't know what to try
>need to do 2 resumes, 2 mood boards, and 2 cover letters by tomorrow
>ready to kill myeslf
>vent to non design friends
>"dont overthink it, just go with what you feel!"
>shit doesnt fly in commercial arts
>been obsessing over this one project for the past few days
>havent slept

ive tried looking for inspiration online but every fucking resume looks like shit to me. I personally like the really clean cut/well aligned/nice use of space and layout of text ones but all these faggots are doing 10 drawings for the background. thats not designing to me, your just drawing a bunch of pictures to hide the fact that your resume is plain like anybody elses.
>>
>>258911
Show me what you did OP
>>
you're overthinking it op, just let it flow out honestly, anything is passable these days
>>
>>258911
As log as it's well structured and showcases your work well it should be fine.
>>
>>258978

nobody is ever going to see it. its pure shit.

>>258979
it literally looks like somebody watched a youtube video on how to use indesign and then just used a few tools. it looks like shit. I might get a D if I'm lucky but it'll probably be an F

>>258980
nope and nope

also, I printed it and some of the text went off the page. I'm not even going to bother fixing it. I just want to get some sleep and then go hard on the next project. I don't care about getting the bad grade I care more about the fact that this professor is going to think I'm a lazy stupid piece of shit. I know his opinion shouldn't matter but I have a chip on my shoulder in dealing with him and he just always throws me off. when I think I'm a good designer he just makes me realize I still have a long way to go.

ah well, thanks for letting me vent guys. I plan to do a redesign of it eventually- probably over the summer. too busy during school to do it with other assignments.
>>
It happens.
Maybe you should use more inspiration from others works.
It's something I do a lot in my studies. It saves me. Some may call me a thief but whatever.
>>
>>258982

a big part of it was just me not practicing indesign enough earlier.
>>
>>258911
Are we talking about a resume resume here ? The black and white, single column piece of text you give along with your portfolio ?
I mean, I relate to the design student struggles (just came out of a 8-hours printmaking session) but whaaat

>need to do 2 resumes, 2 mood boards, and 2 cover letters by tomorrow
arrgh I hate that too though, any homework handout that start with "explore multiple variations of" is a nightmare

Where do you study op ?
>>
File: resume-designs-2015-1.jpg (45KB, 590x373px) Image search: [Google]
resume-designs-2015-1.jpg
45KB, 590x373px
>>258994

yeah jsut google graphic design resumes. youll see what I mean. most of them are either infograpic images or illustrations on a background with the resume info.

I got an extension on the project because our computer network was down. I guess somebody is looking out for me.
>>
>>258994

the mood boards are easy as shit you just place images into frames and allign them and you're done.
>>
Instead of using color to create rhythm use contrasting sizes of fonts and bring the color in there. Don't want to punch an employer in the face first thing lol
>>
>>259098

appreciate the input, thanks!

I'm still new to indesign so its difficult for me to get inspired in it. everything I try to design becomes so blocky.
>>
File: PF7PJdd.gif (924KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
PF7PJdd.gif
924KB, 500x460px
I know the struggle m8 hang in there
>>
>>259107

appreciate it brother

I feel good now that I talked to my professor. kinda opened my eyes more on where i was screwing up.
>>
>>258981
if you are not going to show it, no one can can criticize or help you, so fuck off
>>
>>258911
Nice blog OP.

>>259239
This.
>>
>>259239

I wasn't looking for criticism, i was venting.

nobody said you had to reply to the thread, dickhead.
>>
>>259262

again, I was venting.

Ive seen plenty of threads on here of people shooting the shit about graphic design related things. This is one of them. Nobody else in the thread had problems figuring that out, I'm not sure why you two retards did.
>>
>
ive tried looking for inspiration online but every fucking resume looks like shit to me. I personally like the really clean cut/well aligned/nice use of space and layout of text ones but all these faggots are doing 10 drawings for the background. thats not designing to me, your just drawing a bunch of pictures to hide the fact that your resume is plain like anybody elses.

Good on you OP for having good taste.

I help with hiring design interns at my firm and those over designed resumes infuriate me to no end and typically get binned.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.