[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have this little animation that I'd like to do, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: shit concept.png (6MB, 7002x5050px) Image search: [Google]
shit concept.png
6MB, 7002x5050px
So I have this little animation that I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if it's even possible because of the way I want it.

So, if you look at the picture, those rectangles are actually an erased part of the white layer with a clipping mask, and the red galaxy picture is underneath it.

What I'd like to do is move the erased parts from off screen to on screen, but I want it to have a cool effect where it's actually just the erased part moving, so it's going to scroll (for lack of a better word) over the picture in the background and not be the same strip of the picture underneath.

I didn't mention why before, but the problem is (atleast in photoshop) is that you can't move the strip of red because it isn't anything, it's just an erased part.

Sorry if this makes absolutely no sense. Is there a way to achieve this in either Photoshop or After Effects? I'd prefer it in After Effects because that's like a real video animation thing, but whatever.
>>
>>251115
Photoshop is mostly for GIF's
in after effects you can do that in a couple mins.
just try animating a mask. (use F9 on keyframes + graph editor)
>>
why dont you try masking the galaxy stuff on 3 actual rectangles and move them over a white background? it would work and look the same
>>
after effects is the best for this. look up how to animate a mask and you'll be on your way :^)

also idk how it'd turn out, but try adding a slight animation to the background image, like slowly increase the size of it or pan it slightly. i think it might look cool.
>>
>>251116
Thanks! In the process of doing this now

>>251118
oh yea.

>>251125
Thanks, will do.
>>
OP here, this is how I've figured out in 2 hours. So pretty much good, except my project is set for 60 fps for 10 seconds, but it only shows 10 frames? What am I missing here?

Once that's solved, I'm pretty sure I can do a basic version of what I wanted. Thanks to everyone who helped and wasn't a huge asshole.
>>
>>251150
type CTRL+K change it to 30 seconds or something larger. make the layers bigger aswell (just drag the end of each to fit the comp duration) and after that type the letter B on the frame you want the final animation to start and the letter N where you want animation to end.
also you can tilt the white solid if you want to (just select the layer press R or SHIFT+R and change the rotation)
>>
File: c6456.webm (92KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
c6456.webm
92KB, 1280x850px
>>251115
>>251150
this took me like 5 mins. (i'm a beginner b.t.w) if you want i could upload the AE project somewhere.
>>
>>251167
Thanks, I'm gonna try this now.

>>251179
Ya, that'd be super cool. Thanks.
>>
>>251167
OP here again, I guess the seconds are normal, so they're at whatever I set them at, but AE show me there's only 1 fps. Atleast, that's what I'm assuming when it says 01f, 02f, 03f, at each second.
>>
>>251302
Dude, delete that other thread and keep using the original one (use the catalog if you can't find it).

I'm not the anon who made the webm but is really easy to do.
>create comp
>add video
>add white solid on top
>with the solid selected, press ctrl+shift+n to create a mask
>you will see that the white solid now has little boxes on the corner, click inside of it and the boxes will turn into points, drag the points till you get whatever shape you want (if you want a white solid with a little "window" you'll have to check the "invert" checkbox in mask options.
>once you have a shape you like, duplicate the solid layer a couple of times and move the masks around to have different windows.
>go to the beginning of the timeline and add a keyframe to "mask path" on each layer.
>go to the end of the timeline, move the masks around and you will have a second keyframe created for all of them
>select all keyframes and press f9 to make it smoother (you can also use shift+f9, ctrl+shift+f9 and the graph editor if you want to really control the easy ins/outs).
>>
>>251115
Also OP, this video might be helpful.
Ignore the whole keying thing but pay attention to the masking thing.
I would also rec the whole series of Video Copilot's basic training.
>>
>>251306
I'm dumb and forgot the link
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/tutorials/04.Keying/
>>
File: KKDbVhp.gif (2MB, 371x164px) Image search: [Google]
KKDbVhp.gif
2MB, 371x164px
>>251304
Thanks, gonna try this now.
>>251306
>>251307
Thanks
>>
File: i hate my fucking life.png (640KB, 1919x1041px) Image search: [Google]
i hate my fucking life.png
640KB, 1919x1041px
>>251304
I can only do 1 line, because if I copy the solid layer it just fucks up and doesn't actually show a window thing.

Also, can't rotate it like I want to, because this happens.

Otherwise I'm pretty much in the same place I found myself yesterday. If you look in the screenshot, it's only showing 1 frame for every second. Will it be 60fps once I render it, or is it actually 1 fps?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (183KB, 1197x666px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
183KB, 1197x666px
>>251310
You don't need to rotate it.
>create the solid
>ctrl+shift+n to create mask
>click on the middle of solid and the mask boxes will turn into points
>drag the points to do whatever shape
>invert the mask

If that's not clear enough
>>251306
>>251307
>>
>>251232
on after effects 10 seconds looks like this:
0:00:10:00
>https://www.mediafire.com/?u2g5h5h1u8nk37v
>>
>>251310
you can make multiple mask on the same solid. also try experimenting with luma, alpha, and alpha inverted matte.(and get used to the pick whip tool)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZlH6c18XA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGViL5v8cA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGViL5v8cA
>>
>>251334
also that project is missing the photo but you can replace it (click layer to replace - drag the new file on top of the layer while holding ALT it took me a while to figure out)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.