[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup gd anyone know how to get make wonderful pink/green/purple/blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: MTTanlines.png (476KB, 509x756px) Image search: [Google]
MTTanlines.png
476KB, 509x756px
sup gd

anyone know how to get make wonderful pink/green/purple/blue blobby gradient things?

artist: David Rudnick

cheeeee
>>
File: CharliXCX.png (564KB, 509x756px) Image search: [Google]
CharliXCX.png
564KB, 509x756px
>>250727
pic related

also "get make" is a #hot&trendy new MFA design term yall probably haven't heard of..
>>
nah but this shit is really nice
enter the void type
>>
>>250729
This image makes more sense to me than the top. Looks like a basic gradient with some object effects like inner glow. Perhaps a transparent gradient on top as well for the light blue side effects. That's my guess.

Happy designing!
>>
>>250729

either that or some solid brushwork
>>
It's sort of a hassle to learn but the gradient mesh tool is probably gonna be the hero here.
>>
>>250737
Word!
>>
Yeah, this is definitely a gradient mesh from Illustrator. If I had to guess, I'd even wager the external glow in the second one isn't a glow effect like >>250733 said, but just more gradient mesh points - note how it changes color to a deeper green in some places, or gets a harder edge near the N in Heaven.
>>
Can anyone point me in the way of learning mesh tool online?
>>
>>250835
>easy
haven't you heard that quote "Nothing that's worthwhile is ever easy."
other than this i wasn't able to find any:
>http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tips-for-working-with-the-gradient-mesh-tool-in-illustrator--vector-1423
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bf3RhRZLxg
>>
Anyone know a good way to get the "photograph of a printed poster" look?

On a lot of his work there's that white glare on the top and bottom, and slight on the top left side usually. Must be an overlay he developed. Brushing it on? or is that a better way
>>
This is some really good shit actually, guess it's time to re-learn that stupid gradient mesh tool

>"get make"
enlight us op, also explain to us why Yale mfas are all nerds obsessed with 90's mech animes

>>250869
It's literally just a picture of a print dude
>>
>>250871

I'm pretty sure it's not a picture of a print. If you check out his website and look at more of his flyer work they all have pretty much the same reflective moments on the page.

Regardless, it would be cool to synthesize the effect. Any ideas?
>>
He's one of my fav artists right now. Check out his typefaces, really great stuff.
>>
File: MT_TTJ_Web_DMR.png (2MB, 900x1336px) Image search: [Google]
MT_TTJ_Web_DMR.png
2MB, 900x1336px
>>250922
hes right
>>
File: bon_nuit.jpg (361KB, 736x1087px) Image search: [Google]
bon_nuit.jpg
361KB, 736x1087px
>>250922
Yeah definitely not a print. I'm sure he has the template since they're all exactly alike. I had no other ideas than to just apply paper/poster textures and draw out the flares with glows. It's trickier than I thought but I did a quick mock up of what I mean. Needless to say it didn't turn out that good but it'd just be my idea of achieving that.
>>
>>250946

Nice yea.. can u talk more about how you went about this? drawing out flares with glows?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.