[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/. I've posted about this before, but things aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mobile_tower_radiation_danger.jpg (33KB, 460x268px) Image search: [Google]
mobile_tower_radiation_danger.jpg
33KB, 460x268px
Hi /g/. I've posted about this before, but things aren't getting any better.

My mom is scared that her house is filled with dangerous electromagnetic frequencies. It isn't, unless you consider a wireless router dangerous. We live on the same electrical grid. She recently had an "expert" come by and evaluate her house. He told her that she can just turn off the electricity with the circuit breaker to solve her problems.

Last night she turned off the power in her house by hitting a switch on the circuit breaker. I'm in another house besides her, but my electricity went out for half a second, my computer turned off and I lost 30 minutes of work. So, if she keeps doing this, I'm always going to be at risk of losing whatever work I'm doing on my computer since I go to bed later than she does. If this was anyone else and they refused to stop I'd get them evicted, but I can't do that to my mom.

I'm 100% convinced that her not being able to sleep is in her head but knowing that information doesn't make fixing this problem any easier. I'm not going to be able to convince her that electrosensitivity isn't a real condition even though I could bring up hundreds of double-blind studies that disprove it except in crazy situations where a person is living next to a power plant or something. The woman is 67 years old, I'm not going to be able to change her mind about these things.

I could tell her to just disconnect the router instead of the whole grid, but I'm also getting internet through a wire on her router, so whenever that goes off I lose my internet too. If the router just stays in non-wireless mode that's fine, but I think she's still going to demand that it's turned off because it's disrupting her sleep somehow.

So, does anyone here have an elegant solution for my weird problem? The advice "Hide the router" doesn't work because if she's not turning it on and off herself, she's just going to think it's always on and the nocebo effect will get the best of her.
>>
Move out.
>>
File: 1487973832573.gif (1MB, 320x240px)
1487973832573.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>neighbor flips circuit breaker
>browns out the complex
holy FUCK what sort of Russia tier shithole do you live in? jesus christ that's probably a fire hazard
>>
>>62471439
Not an option unfortunately. Housing here is too expensive and I need to be in this area, I'd end up paying MUCH more for a much shittier apartment with much less space. There are other reasons besides this that I don't need to get into, it just isn't an option right now.
>>
>>62471458
Somehow I am in California.
>>
>>62471498
Sounds like it's time to move out.
Unless you already have a job there, the high price of living is NOT worth it.
>>
>>62471498
>Exit California. No, I don't care about your cancer mum. Tell her to cut the crazy or lose her wet nurse.
>Move to a free state.
>Get guns, go to the range, enjoy not living in California
>???
>Profit
>>
>>62471374
The answer to your question is so simple that it will annoy you for not thinking it as a first answer to your problem : uninterruptable power supply (UPS)
>>
>>62471374
Buy an UPS
>>
>>62471582
Another addition to this: buy a new router and connect that to pc and keep the old router on your mothers place as a placebo router that she can turn on and off without it doing jack shit
>>
punch her in the cancer
>>
>>62471518
I'm in school for 3D modelling and animation. Most jobs are in LA or San Fran. There are exceptions but I have yet to find anything that stands out.
>>
>>62471582
I didn't know about these to be honest. Not a bad idea at least.

>>62471638
I think the way that my cable company does it is that they authorize exactly one coaxial in the wall where the router can work from, and it doesn't work anywhere else. I could call them to install it in my room instead, but if I do that I have to pay for the services and then she also loses internet in her room, which she does use during the day. I could foot the bill for my own internet alongside hers but I won't be able to afford the speeds I need and that she already has. I'm on disability and don't have lots of money coming in at the moment.

Is there a reason they actually do this? Or is it a trick to try to get people to buy more packages?
>>
>>62471743
Considering it's US I'd say it's Jewish tricks.
Just plug the new router with long enough coaxial cable in your room and unplug the old router, done.
And another way : coaxial cable to your room where there is a switch for old router and new router so both are functional
>>
>>62471639
good memory, anon. I'll be sure to punch her directly in her cancer next time I see her, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>62471923
Don't forget that dementia is inherited.
You'll be wrapping yourself in tinfoil by the time you hit 30
>>
>>62471950
My grandmother on my dad's side also had dementia. This is a legit concern of mine, but I'm pretty optimistic in there being some medical advancements from now until then. But hey, at least no one in my family is fat.
>>
File: 1497835814522.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497835814522.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>62471374
After that power outage, you should've gone to her house and banged on the door and said "wtf." Throw a bitch fit and say if she doesn't cut out the bullshit you're going to the land lord/neighborhood association/whoever. Even if it's a bluff, stand your ground. If it only affects her, let her stay demented. But if it affects you and your neighbors, get that shit sorted out.
>>
>>62471743
No, the provisioning goes to the modem not the cable itself. All lines connected to plant are hot. This would work

T. Cable guy
>>
File: 1466703679049.png (2MB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1466703679049.png
2MB, 636x636px
>>62471374
get a battery backup you tard

alternately, kill your mom she's obs senile and needs to be put down
>>
>>62471983
Thank you helpful Cable guy. I tried to use the same router from my room but it didn't work and when I called them up they told me it was because what I wrote earlier. I may have just messed up something in setup since the router was new.

Also, why the fuck do cable companies think it's okay to just blatantly lie to customers? Earlier than all this I was on the phone with one from Cox Cable and they were telling me that the only way to extend the range of the wifi was with their official cox extenders (lol dick joke) and that they're only available on a rental basis, and only cox-branded routers will work with their service. I know that's wrong of course, but what the fuck, I feel bad for innocent customers that get told this crap and actually believe it.
>>
>>62471374
>So, does anyone here have an elegant solution for my weird problem?
What about "fix your electric power"? Your mom shutting down all her devices should NOT harm your own power like this.
>>
>>62472044
cable guy again. For wifi there would be no reason you couldn't just use any 3rd party extender. jewish tricks if you are using their rental modems and third party extenders wont work. so many jewish tricks with telco companies

Anyhow, there probably is just no connection to plant to that outlet. There is literally no way or reason to provision individual cables within a house. At a different address (on a different node or from a different tap) it may sense it is outside of its provisioned area but thats it. at this point UPS is simplest option
>>
>>62471523
>encouraging Californians to move to your state
wew lad! dont fuck up the quarantine.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.