[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you enjoying the stability of Fedora on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: it_just_works_engineer.png (294KB, 1920x311px) Image search: [Google]
it_just_works_engineer.png
294KB, 1920x311px
Why aren't you enjoying the stability of Fedora on your PC? There are many flavors to choose from.

>inb4 systemd
>>
File: go1.png (187KB, 856x580px) Image search: [Google]
go1.png
187KB, 856x580px
>>
>>62471105
>systemd
>Red Hat
>beta testing for free
Install Gentoo
>>
>>62471105
But I am. It's a really nice distro. I also can't judge that... uh... woman? in the picture because I'm fat and ugly myself.

>>62471569
Kill yourself you fucking 12 year old. Go back to /b/.
>>
>>62471405
kek

>>62471558
post your gentoo or get out
>>
>>62471676
which flavor are you running? fedora workstation? one of the spins? i might go for the XFCE version. any trouble installing anything
>>
File: 1377457180399.png (152KB, 316x317px) Image search: [Google]
1377457180399.png
152KB, 316x317px
>>62471569
>>
>>62471105
Too bleeding-edge, releases too rapidly, primary focus is in the latest new-shiny dev tools that I don't much care about.

t. Debian
>>
>>62471569
haha yes

me too thanks
>>
>>62471569
Does this work on Hitler?
>>
>>62471105
> Christine Flood
> 3 chins and hamster cheeks

I bet her ass floods the chair when she sits down.
>>
>>62471105
Ubuntu just works
>>
>>62471991
Upgrading once every 13 months is too fast?
>>
>>62472980
>Canonical

Ubuntu won't be here within the next few years, look into Canonicals financial difficulties. Even after the huge 'donation' Microsoft made to them they're still deeply in the shit financially.
>>
>>62473011
When the time comes I'll just switch to Debian probably. Until then, Ubuntu sexy
>>
>>62471692
I use XFCE as a fallback environment and MaXX Interactive as my main desktop (look it up, it's great).
>>
>>62473041
Me too, our only issue is that we have to use Ubuntu at work and it'll be a pain getting everything migrated over to Debian/Fedora/Windows
>>
>>62471105
Could OP or another kind gentleman here please and kindly link me an article and/or explain to me how systemd has been compromised? I don't visit /g/ very often and have seen this a number of times posted with sources/proof omitted of course.

I don't know if it is a valid concern or not...
>>
>>62472999
Yes. In practice they want you upgrading faster than that, they do the OpenBSD thing where they release about every six months and only the current and previous releases are supported. But in practice, the previous release gets little attention, and upgrading tends to only be supported or tested when its X to X+1, not from X to X+2.

I wouldn't like this even if Fedora didn't have the bleeding-edge mentality of shipping new versions of stuff and tolerating the fact that they sometimes break, instead of picking LTS versions and prioritizing a lack of regressions over the presence of new things. I have no desire to be an early adopter, let someone else find all the bugs and corner cases and workarounds and omissions.
>>
I am. Faggots are all mad about it being RedHat, but the company actually know what they are doing when it comes to Linux.
>>
>>62473213
It hasn't been. The only think the faggots can mention is the Google fallback DNS being "built in" like it's something hidden deep within 600000 lines of code when in reality it is:

>in a plaintext configuration file under /etc/systemd
>commented out
>systemd-resolved not enabled by default
So, the actually use the Google DNS, you have to start the service, edit the configuration file, uncomend the DNS and fallback DNS configuration, but actually not configure anything for primary DNS. 0 chance somebody who doesn't know what they are doing might end up with 8.8.8.8.
With systems the distro builder and the user are still 100% in control of the OS, end of story.
>>
File: 1489684831809.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1489684831809.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>62471105
>>62471105
>stability of Fedora
>>62471105
>many flavors
>>
I use Fedora. It's terrible, but Linux distro-hopping is such a ballache that I'm reluctant to change again when Fedora sort-of werks.

>Can't install Pale Moon
>No Flash Player
>Incredibly slow to boot up
>Not particularly memey
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.