[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macfags, I have a question for you. Why? Apart from them not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 53

File: apple-macbook-2016-nw-g03.jpg (97KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
apple-macbook-2016-nw-g03.jpg
97KB, 775x500px
Macfags, I have a question for you. Why? Apart from them not being able to get viruses, why would you waste money on this overpriced nonsense? Is it because you want to fit in?
>>
>>62470780
Disposable income is nice brah. DESU, I wouldn't have paid for a mbp unless I had substantial income. Now I do and I have a MBP. Pretty nice it is.
>>
File: apple_unix_ad.jpg (401KB, 1976x1202px) Image search: [Google]
apple_unix_ad.jpg
401KB, 1976x1202px
Because is the only way to get a UNIX-like OS suitable for any kind of use.
>>
>>62470780
Solid *NIX based system for development with decent security and UI. All the benefits of having a good CLI with none of the drawbacks of having to run Linux.
>>
>>62470780
Good battery life.
Light.
Won't fall apart.
Unix.

I don't care about performance, especially from a laptop. I'm not a gaming manchild, and if I were doing serious number crunching I'd obviously use a tower. When I'm on the go performance is at the bottom of the list of my priorities.
>>
>fit in

Real life isn't /g/. Face it, Linux is dogshit and Windows is dogshit. The only real choice for a personal computer is macOS.
>>
>>62470780
>Unix based
>MacOS
>doesn't crash or fuck up
>j u s t w e r k s
>screen
>battery life
>best emojis
>solid rigid build
>light weight
>super portable, including the charger

I've had mine since mid 2015 and I plan on having it until mid 2020.
>>
I like OS X, and $1600 isn't a lot for a laptop spread out over 5 years which is how long my last 3 have lasted. The quality is really good. The screen quality especially is hard to find on other laptops, and they'll end up costing about the same

Computing power has plateaued to the point where every single computer on the market is good enough in terms of performance unless you need a workstation/gaming PC which I also have.
>>
>>62471044
Hackintosh
>>
>>62471192
That just brings those drawbacks right back including stress every time there's a major update, driver support, instability, and so on.
>>
>>62471052
>Not buying a thinkpad and installing hackintosh.
>Not a manchild.
>>
Hi fa/g/s, reformed Mac user here.

OS X is over-developed bullshit.
Macs are overpriced children's toys.

Apple only care about iOS, because that's where the money comes from.

Stop being irrelevant and start using a real OS.

That is all.
>>
>>62471220
>letting fa/g/got opinions dictate what OS you use

Use whatever you're most comfortable with, fuck the haters, it's none of their business.
>>
>>62471192
Hackintosh on the desktop is good, when you can build your pc with 100% compatible parts.
Wouldn't use it on a laptop.
Just get a macbook.
>>
>>62471220
Cool bro. What laptop do you use now??
>>
Because I want to fit in with the rest of the sheep.
>>
>>62471250
Lenovo Yoga 910.
>>
>>62471220
What do you use now?
>>
I don't own a Mac but I do use one at work. Im a Graphic Designer and being totaly honest.. it just werks.

I work at a big ad agency and time is precious, being able to preview the works with space without opening a .ai or .psd file saves lots of time. Sharing files using airdrop and not having problem with any program is a blessing. And the workflow is a bit easier.

I did start with a mac but had to switch to mac and I dont really find it bothering. Eventually I'll buy one but for now Im ok.
>>
>>62470780
Because I prefer macOS for laptop use, I have Windows 10 Pro on my desktop for gayman.
>>
>>62470780
Because Windows PC's are fucking trash. That's why. Shit build quality, shit re-sale value, shit longevity, shit support, malware ridden from the factory. And worst of all come with the worst operating system on the planet.
>>
>>62470780
do you wear caterpillar workboots and live off of cup noodles? anything else is overpriced and a waste of money right?
>>
>>62470780
Because it works. It's the only Unix OS that works out of the box and nothing gets fucked. After trying Linux on desktop for close to a decade, I always come back to Mac because it gets shit done and I don't have to waste my life away trying to fix bugs.

Linux is only free if your time has no value.

ps; And Windows isn't even an option. it's a garbage of an OS.
>>
I like it for the 2 lb weight, sick res screen, excellent backlight brightness range, comfy tactile keyboard, no fan, can lie down and stand it on my chest supporting it with 3 fingers and typing pretty easily with my right hand and left thumb. Plus there are these God-tier trackpad gestures, and the sanic fast file search blows anything else out of the water. It's highly ideal for students.
>>
>>62471608
Alright well I've had a look at it and it doesn't seem too bad but it looks a bit odd. Sorry, I think I'll stick with my macbook :)
>>
>>62471608
> Macs are overpriced children's toys
> Touchscreen laptop
>>
File: videotogif_2017.09.16_21.08.24.gif (2MB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
videotogif_2017.09.16_21.08.24.gif
2MB, 308x450px
>>62471033
Are you trying to make Stallman soodookoo.....
>>
>>62471033
>What is hackintosh?
>>
I don't own a Mac (Thinkpad master race) but I would buy one because its UNIX and it just works.
>>
>>62470796
People act like MacBooks are super expensive when all it takes it saving up for a few months or so at some basic part time job, that's what I did, and still have plenty of money for general college shit
>>
>>62470780
Student with a desktop in my dorm going into web design. "uhu just get lenovo and hackintosh" Just cuz I'm a student doesn't mean I ain't from money.
>>
From the quick start up, the use of touch gestures, nice feeling keyboard and quality feeling I my MacBook seems like it was a good purchase. Its got a different OS which I like because variety in all aspects in computing from hardware to software is a good thing.Finally the quick shutdown and even closing the lid feels smooth with a nice and airy sealing feeling shut. I hate shills and corporate bs. I only buy Apple products used, but in serious they've all provided enjoyable experiences to me.
>>
>>62471886
and if you have a real job it's even more trivial. I was going to buy an expensive laptop regardless of the brand, spending a few hundred more when already spending thousands is inconsequential.
>>
>>62471078
the just werks meme is fucking bullshit though

>family friend bought cheap printer needed help setting it up
>get it connected to network
>their 5 year old windows 10 desktop detects it immediately and is able to print to it with no trouble
>ipad can't see it
>only supports printing from ios app
>have to tell them they'll have to print emails from desktop because after dicking around with it for 30 minutes i am at a complete loss on how to get it to print from the damn thing
>pos doesn't even have built in printer support
>"waaa anon, i can't print from my brand new macbook"
>grouchily look at it
>doesn't see the printer on the network
>try to set it up manually as a network printer by entering its ip address
>has no drivers, can't install it
>install the drivers from website
>driver installation binds printer install to its ip address
>as soon as the printer or router power cycle the macbook will lose the printer

what the fuck even my minimalist arch laptop install can just print to network printers with cups generic drivers. how the fuck is this acceptable
>>
>>62471867
... out of the box.

>>62471862
Used Linux for years but I got tired of, poor drivers, slow development, things breaking everytime, dependency hell, shitty day to day software, and etc.
>>
>>62472369
Sorry but my macbook can print on both of my printers so I don't really care.
>>
>>62470780
can't develop for iOS without a mac

:(
>>
>>62470780
>overpriced
Show me a 16:10 laptop without a fan, lasting 8h+ with a high resolution screen weighting under one 1kg for less. Hell, show me one for the same price. And that's even before we touch MacOS.

>>62471078
Meh, got 2015 version too and it's great but I want to upgrade mine. Weirdly enough the performance while browsing is flawless even with 80+ tabs but when working with semi-large text files in LibreOffice (or Word) it's a bit ... noticeable that shit runs on a core M. Besides, the updated keyboard is amazing.

>>62472369
Sounds like he done something wrong as some point. I got a cheap HP printer and it worked right out of the box without any additional software.
>>
>>62470780
100% honesty, it's because
1.) macs are SEXY
2.) macOS seems pretty low-maintenance compared to other OSs
>>
File: 1484735922196.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1484735922196.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>62472870

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>>62471210
>ThinkPad

>light
>won't fall apart

>ThinkPad
>>
>>62471220
>say shit like this regardless of whether or not it's true
>get positive reinforcement from a notoriously hard-to-impress forum of autists
>feel good for the day
if there's anything I hate more than a mactoddler it's a bootlicker
>>
File: 1487826799824.jpg (133KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
1487826799824.jpg
133KB, 780x585px
>>62472870
>>62472902
>say shit like this regardless of whether or not it's true
>get positive reinforcement from a notoriously hard-to-impress forum of faggots
>feel good for the day
if there's anything I hate more than a bootlicker, it's a subhuman mactoddler
>>
I've owned several Windows laptops throughout my life and I swear to God, regardless of the specs or build or body or anything like that, the problem with any Windows laptop is always Windows itself.
I don't necessarily care for macOS but every Windows computer I've ever used was hell. I've only ever had one MacBook so far and it's 'pretty good,' and imo pretty good is a step up from hell so Mac wins.
>>
>>62472940
>i've never owned a pc that wasnt from walmart but will pretend they're all the same cuz steve told me so xDD

>t. mactoddler
>>
>>62472940
To a point I agree, though before having a mac I never noticed just how shitty Windows even is. Installing tons of drivers and having issues with the GPUs switching felt like a minor annoyance but never something that bothered me before seeing that it doesn't have to be. Now using Windows feels like going decades back in time. It barely advanced from 95 days.
>>
>>62472966
I had a ThinkPad for a while. I followed all the /g/ memes like a Catholic reads the Bible.
You people are full of shit and Windows is just...awful. Just awful. That was the worst experience I'd had in quite a while.
>>
File: 1402299875528s.jpg (10KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
1402299875528s.jpg
10KB, 206x250px
>>62470780
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. I like it because it still runs the latest Mac OS versions with out any extra fuss and I can actually replace the RAM and hard drive. I also have a 2012 iMac that's just as serviceable that I like because of the great display and having an all in one makes it easy to move around and unplug, especially when I clean my room, though I use a non-Apple mouse and keyboard with it. I also like the old PowerBooks and PowerMacs for nostalgia reasons but I don't use them much. I will say that outside of iMacs or possibly the new Mac Pro I won't buy any more Apple products. The tablets run a phone OS that doesn't scale well and have a gay pencil and the phones are just shitty in performance and features. I currently have a Nexus 5 and Pixel C for that stuff and and both are running Lineage OS. I personally think that Mac OS is comfy for regular desktop use like media consumption and a couple games here and there but I boot into Fedora for any real work. I also like ThinkPads more than modern MacBooks and I've been using my ThinkPad T420 (Coreboot) and T400 (Libreboot) with Fedora more than my MacBook lately. If you don't have money to blow on it then don't get one. They don't make you look rich or attract women like the shills say.

>>62471033
Not really. This may have been true in 2004 but GNU/Linux on the desktop has come a long way.

>>62471044
Security could be better and it has no built in package manager and the version of Bash that it ships with super old. These are huge downsides and you have to fuck around with a third party package manager that sometimes breaks with updates.

>>62471052
>Good battery life.
Only because Apple crams huge batteries in their shit. I get better battery life with Fedora 25 on my MacBook than I do with OS X Sierra.

>Won't fall apart.
This is wrong. MacBook hinges are utter shit and will break apart after a couple of years. I've had to replace the ones in my 2011 MBP already which was hellish.
>>
File: 1478588781529.jpg (384KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478588781529.jpg
384KB, 1600x1200px
Reminder.
>>
>>62472966
Even the best laptops, like Thinkpads or the high end Dell or Asus suffer from Windows. Doesn't matter how perfected and refined the hardware is; MS comes along and sprays shit all over it. Best you can do is install Linux, but you typically need to wait a year or more for hardware support to catch up--which is the fault of the hardware makers not being more supportive of the Linux community but at the end of the day your laptop still doesn't work right.

It's been how many years since Nvidia Optimus came out and it STILL does not work correctly in Linux.
>>
>>62471052
Why not buy a $400 Chromebook and install Linux? Why shell out for a mac when you don't use laptops for heavy lifting?
>>
>>62473070
I have a Chromebook and I can tell you firsthand it's horrible. If it's not a Chromebook Pixel or one of those other insanely expensive Chromebooks, chances are it's so underpowered that it can barely stay awake without freezing and crashing twice a day.
This applies to my Chromebook. I barely even use it anymore.
>>
>>62473056
The simple solution is to do 10 minutes of research and buy hardware that Linux supports right away or just wait a year or two. It's that easy. It's not like you need the latest and greatest hardware in a laptop. Desktops are the same and if you absolutely must have the absolute latest hardware the moment it drops then just use Windows. So far I haven't met anyone who needs that unless they're a gamer. Linux is also faster and more efficient than Winshit and so you can get similar or better performance running it on last year's hardware as opposed to Wangblows on this year's hardware.
>>
>>62470780
cause i dont mind if i have to pay a couple of hundred more to have something a little nicer :)

stay mad broke boi
>>
>>62473093
Acer r11 is pretty good. I have one and I like it.
>>
>>62470780
Macfags are bound to the Apple hardware just like disabled people are bound to the wheelchair. It's absolutely unreasonable to expect any intelligence from them, their estimates and opinions are 100% biased.
>>
>>62473106
Ah.
Maybe it's just me, then. I have an HP Chromebook 11 G1 and it's basically on life support at this point.
>>
File: 1478185248462.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1478185248462.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>62473056
>a mactoddler subhuman shitting on other OSs
>>
>>62473032
>a gay pencil
Nigga what? It's literally the best pencil at an affordable price-point.

>the phones are just shitty in performance
Even more fucking whats. You can complain about OS limitations or gimmicks but performance? Even A9 from two years ago shits on everything else on the market.

Also their Linux support for the newer model blows, so putting Loonix on them will only worsen the battery life these days.
>>
>>62473093
Really? I picked up an Acer Chromebook 14 for $250 and I like it. Anything I want to do on the go can be done online, and I never get any slowdowns. The build quality is much much better than a windows laptop of comparable price.
>>
File: 1475558442685.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475558442685.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>62473127
Applel pencildick is fucking trash and can't even detect tilt properly.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1204x647px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1204x647px
>>62473113
You are stupider than every single person in this room and every computer is a Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4C_ITlBsU&list=PLrxfgDEc2NxYQuZ5T6CSdS8uafdh0kmDL
>>
>>62473104
No one is mad here. You're too conceited and still don't understand that the whole /g/ ridicules you and is making fun of you whilst you think that we're jealous and can't afford your trinkets.
>>
>>62473121
not an argument. just a laughing gif and some greentext
>>
File: 1481204972715.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481204972715.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
>>62473160
>t. mactoddler subhuman
>>
>>62473106
>>62473148
Alright, so it's just me, then. I bought a shitty Chromebook.
Never mind, carry on.
>>
>>62473151
>posting webms in mac-threads
That's racist.
>>
>>62473160
They're not macfags.
>>
>>62473188
Richard Dawkins is, at least.
>>
>>62473117
>>62473181
Everything made by HP is trash, and so are most lower end (sub $500) ANUS laptops. Seriously, never buy cheap stuff from ASUS ever.

>>62473127
>Nigga
Nigger.
>It's literally the best pencil at an affordable price-point.
Get a Wacom tablet if you aren't poor, and if you are then get a used one. I tried out the iMeme Pro with Applel Penis (TM) and the thing can't even detect tilt right.
>but performance?
Yes. They lag like crazy. It's either iOS or it's the hardware.
>Even A9 from two years ago shits on everything else on the market
No it doesn't. It's a mediocre mobile chip.
>Also their Linux support for the newer model blows, so putting Loonix on them will only worsen the battery life these days.
You can't put Linux on an iPhone at all. The A series chips have a custom EFI that boots off the SoC which holds a hard coded private key that is used for signing the next stage bootloader. Do you not know how your own phone works?
>>
>>62473187
You can view webms in Chrome. You can also use Flash in Chrome on mac.
Just don't use Safari; it's a pretty easy workaround.
>>
File: laughing at u.jpg (247KB, 595x801px) Image search: [Google]
laughing at u.jpg
247KB, 595x801px
>mactoddlers writing paragraphs to defend themselves
>wangblows uploading old memes in retaliation
LMAO look at the beetles fighting over who's eating better shit
>>
>>62473222
Checked. Fedora is the best OS.
>>
>>62473240
Missed the point entirely.
All OSs are shit. Take the blackpill.
>>
>>62473253
You are incorrect.
>>
>>62473196
He's bound to the Apple hardware just like disabled people are bound to the wheelchair. It's absolutely unreasonable to expect any intelligence from him, his estimates and opinions are 100% biased.
>>
The way it handles audio is leaps and bounds better than how it's processed on Windows. I'm a media musician and pretty much the entire industry is mac because of this
>>
>>62473203
>Nigger.
Nigga.

>Get a Wacom tablet if you aren't poor
Sure but as already mentioned, it's the premium option. Comparing used stuff makes no sense. The Apple pencil is the best mainstream option and doesn't pretend to be anything else at that price point, sans their marketing blabla of course.

>They lag like crazy.
>It's a mediocre mobile chip.
That's simply bullshit, nigga. Performance-wise they run circles around everything else. Hell, even some old shit like iPhone 5 has a faster camera than most Android flagships.

>You can't put Linux on an iPhone at all.
I am talking about macs, as should be obviously from the context. Who the fuck would want to put Linux on their phone? (inb4 Android is Loonix) You might squeeze more battery life out of your old 2011 one but the newer don't get along with Linux too well.

>>62473206
>unironically using Chrome
>unironically using Flash
Why would anyone do that?
>>
File: 1503186867247.jpg (31KB, 636x642px) Image search: [Google]
1503186867247.jpg
31KB, 636x642px
you have to work 1 week so you can afford macbook
not that big a deal
>>
>>62473303
Tell that to the NEETs bitching about the prices.
>>
>>62473269
This.
There's a reason you've never seen a musician using a ThinkPad.
>>
File: 1476132333985.jpg (154KB, 1222x855px) Image search: [Google]
1476132333985.jpg
154KB, 1222x855px
>>62473269
>>62473317
Get real, nobody in the industry uses macshitOS.

No, DJing at gay strip clubs doesn't count.

This soundtrack confuses and enrages the mactoddler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRh-dzrI4Z4
>>
File: 1499456210348.png (19KB, 565x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499456210348.png
19KB, 565x540px
>>62473270
>Nigga
Nigger.
>The Apple pencil is the best mainstream option and doesn't pretend to be anything else at that price
Wacom MobileSudio Pro is like $1500 for the low end configuration. I'm sure you can find a used one or something very similar for around $1000 on ebay. Meanwhile the iPad Poor of the same size is $800 for the base model and another $100 for the pencil. So you can choose between a real drawing tablet or whatever the fuck the iPad is trying to be.
>Performance-wise they run circles around everything else
No they don't. They get their asses kicked by chinkphones like the OnePlus 3T that can open apps faster than the iTurd 7.
>even some old shit like iPhone 5 has a faster camera than most Android flagships
Now you've proven that you have no clue what you're talking about.
>I am talking about macs
And that plus the soldered storage is why I won't buy another one.
>as should be obviously from the context
Not really since I'm debating an iToddler.
>Who the fuck would want to put Linux on their phone?
It's a kernel. You can do lots of stuff with it.
>You might squeeze more battery life out of your old 2011 one but the newer don't get along with Linux too well.
That's because Applel went out of their way to make a non-standard hardware configuration that makes it fucking balls to support with their non-existent and half ass documentation. It's not the fault of Linux devs.
>>
>>62473093
>i don't care about performance, if i were i'd buy a tower.
>chromebook underpowered

kek what a fucking goon.
>>
>>62473303
I can afford a MacBook, moreover I have one which now acts as a compiling machine. I don't see a reason in having it.

I have an Asus ultrabook with nVidia for CUDA programming, 500GB SSD and 20GB RAM with Linux on it. Apple users are paying for their technical ignorance just like Windows users do.
>>
>>62473332
macOS is a more popular operating system for things involving audio. picking one guy who used windows for a movie once doesn't make that untrue.
>>
>>62473332
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>>
File: 1480788535348.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1480788535348.png
456KB, 804x876px
>>62473369
>the mozart of our time
>one guy who used windows for a movie once

>the ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler damage control
>>
>>62473382
>hans zimmer = mozart
what the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
File: laughing pepe.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pepe.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>62473382
>the mozart of our time
>>
>>62473382
The fact that Hans Zimmer is well respected and really good at making music doesn't make Windows better at handling audio than macOS.
It just means Hans Zimmer uses unpopular methods. And that's fine, but you're not Hans Zimmer.
>>
File: b8n.jpg (137KB, 1171x540px) Image search: [Google]
b8n.jpg
137KB, 1171x540px
>>62473382
how the fuck are hans zimmer and mozart even remotely similar?
are you high right now?
>>
File: 1502220293842.jpg (288KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
1502220293842.jpg
288KB, 600x736px
>>62473385
>>62473394
>>62473400
>>62473413
>the ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler damage control
>>
>>62473342
>Nigger.
Niggah.

>I'm sure you can find a used one or something very similar for around $1000 on ebay.
You could find used iPad Pro for less too. This is silly. 900 vs 1500 is a noticeable gap, and iPad Pro offers much more. Can't watch chinese cartoons on some Wacom.

>can open apps faster
Not much of a point if the app itself runs like shit. Besides ... no.

As our Indian friends are happy to prove: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRO30ujYBfA
The memers did it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kTDeHUk4Q

>Now you've proven that you have no clue what you're talking about.
Bit rich after the stuff above.

>Not really since I'm debating an iToddler.
Blaming your own inabilities on others, how totally not toddler-like!

>>62473382
>comparing Zimmer with Mozart
Damn, have a (You).

Also you realize that some professionals just went with the shit they know because they are too old to be bothered to adjust? GRRM writers on some ancient piece of shit because he's too lazy to start a new dictionary.
>>
>>62473382
The iconic sounds for Windows 95 were created by Brian Eno. On a Mac.
How strange.
>>
>>62470780
Because macOS is nicer than Windows, and I simply don't have the time, or the driven interest to switch to Linux... especially when there's virtually zero benefit In doing so (in my case)

Why can't you stop being poor and shitting all over homosexuals? Macfags can't help it.
>>
File: DFmpC54XUAAiDXC.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DFmpC54XUAAiDXC.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>62471077

FACTS
>>
File: 1495202430767.jpg (52KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495202430767.jpg
52KB, 540x540px
>>62473429
>appracing

Opinion discarded. Utterly useless just like benchmarks.

What are you going to do when you want to take a picture? Take your iToy out of your pocket, open 5 apps before finally opening the camera app, or just open the camera app first?

Why are iToddlers so scared to show real world usage scenarios?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz9Krmd7hIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_4ZbkJlsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
>>
>>62470780
Good battery, premium build quality, lightweight, good screen. I have the 2015 MacBook and it's decent. I regret spending so much though
>>
>>62471093
> I like OS X, and $1600 isn't a lot for a laptop spread out over 5 years which is how long my last 3 have lasted. The quality is really good. The screen quality especially is hard to find on other laptops, and they'll end up costing about the same

> Computing power has plateaued to the point where every single computer on the market is good enough in terms of performance unless you need a workstation/gaming PC which I also have.

$500 for ten years is nicer. x230 with 16gb ram, repairable;
>>
File: 1496313149952.jpg (133KB, 878x743px) Image search: [Google]
1496313149952.jpg
133KB, 878x743px
>>62473485
Macbook owner here, they're fucking trash, these people are paid to shill this garbage here.
>>
>>62473466
>Utterly useless
It shows the real performance of the phone, unlike benchmarks. Just not in real scenarios.

>or just open the camera app first?
In the first vid, it's definitely faster on the iPhone. Though the issue with the test here is the angle, autofocus is incredible slow on Android and won't be as noticeable if the phone is on (close to) the table.

In the second we don't even see the time it takes for the camera app to open.

Last is the same appracing you've been bitching about.
>>
>>62473525
>>62473052
>>62472909
when will winshills get new memes to spout? these are getting boring
>>
>>62473520
I have one of those, too. Sometimes I need a Linux laptop and that's what I like. I also have a W530 running Windows 10.

If I had to cut down to one laptop, I'd probably be using the X230 with Linux. If someone needs a laptop and doesn't have a lot of money to spend I recommend getting a used thinkpad and upgrading it.

Macs are still great if you have the money and want a Unix laptop that'll last a long time and will be high quality.
>>
File: 1502688983546.jpg (66KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1502688983546.jpg
66KB, 680x383px
>>62473466
ITODDLERS

PERPETUALLY

CONTINUALLY

CONSTANTLY

INCESSANTLY

EVERLASTINGLY

UNREMITTINGLY

INTERMINABLY

PERMANENTLY

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

UNTIL THE END OF TIME
>>
File: With a Mac and iPad and iPhone.jpg (98KB, 724x853px) Image search: [Google]
With a Mac and iPad and iPhone.jpg
98KB, 724x853px
>>62473525
I have been saying this for YEARS! Pic related.
>>
>>62473525
>taking the effort to crop the image to spam it again
The desperation of poorfags is real. If only you'd use the same dedication to get a job, you'd be able to join the masterrace too, anon!
>>
File: 1492422307903.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492422307903.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>62473535
>if you hate my fruity toddler toyOS you must love windows!!111

The last bastion of the mactoddler.
>>
>>62473032
>the version of Bash that it ships with super old.
>>62473032
Which is why I ssh to my debian testing VM.
>>
>>62472909
>still has no real buttons
good
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
force touch is excellent and quite useful, and the haptic engine makes it feel exactly like a real click. not a gimmick at all, no downsides either
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
you must have broken hands to accidentally apply the wrong amount of pressure. sensors are accurate
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
based completely on preference. many people like it due to a faster feel
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
on what, some websites that won't catch up to the future of hi res displays? this isn't an apple problem, it applies to other high res, high dpi displays on other companies' computers

you can remove these lines from your copypasta now

>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
does this one even still apply to current MacBooks?
>>
>>62473093
If anyone cares about trackpad quality, maybe you should look at Chromebooks. They have best trackpads compared to non-macbook or surface laptops. I think it's because Google actually calibrates the trackpads on every Chromebook before they're released.

Also installing updates on Chromebooks are 100x better than on Windows. Even after android/Google play is installed. Installing Win10 updates on a laptop sucks.
>>
>[meme]
>distored_laughing_person.jpg
>[schoolyard name] BTFO!!!!!!!!!!
why is this allowed
>>
File: 1502197828584.gif (81KB, 364x484px) Image search: [Google]
1502197828584.gif
81KB, 364x484px
>>62473561
>fagOS is so fucking shit mactoddlers are forced to remote into or install other OSs -even windows- just to get real work done

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE FIGHT SO MUCH?
>>
>>62473578
Why would you take your time to reply to an obviously obsessed brainlet?
>>
>>62473022
>windows
You mactoddlers truly never learn.
>>
>>62473637
Because of their stupidity
>>
Every time I attempt to give legitimate reasons and have an actual discussion, I get shouted down and memes. So the whole thing just devolves into "lol ur dumb enjoy your overpriced shit" vs "lol ur too poor to afford it" and it never goes on from there

Because everyone here is 16.
>>
>>62473666
don't let it bother you too much satan
>>
>>62473666
truthtrips.
everyone here is a memelord who doesn't really like actual levelheaded discussion.
>>
>>62473434
>he thinks this is an argument
>>
>>62473596
The issue with Chromebooks is that they are more of a phone in a laptop format than an actual laptop.

>>62473666
The board quality tends to be a bit better around 4-10pm yurotime.
>>
>>62473666
The secret is to stoop down to our level. The only way to fight memes is with memes. Instead of getting butthurt, just stop trying to pose actual questions. Learn to speak in memes.

This is not the place for discussion. This is a place of shitposting.
>>
>>62473688
It's virtually the same as the other guy's argument, so I don't see why not

>this guy used windows
>oh yeah? well this guy used mac
and so on
>>
File: With some crappy plastic PC lol.jpg (494KB, 973x1296px) Image search: [Google]
With some crappy plastic PC lol.jpg
494KB, 973x1296px
>>62473693
Like this!
>>
>>62473707
Now you're getting it!
>>
>>62473700
>he still thinks somehow behaving like others makes this an argument
>true herd mentality
>>
>>62470780
All the students I have with macbooks usually don't know how to do basic stuff.
They don't even know what a terminal is, how am I supposed to teach them programming?
>>
>>62473666
Jesus you sound like a boring normie wagecuck with no real personality. I'd rather be a 16 yo edgelord than someone like you.
>>
>>62473726
Finally funny trolling.
>>
>>62473733
>went into teaching
>doesn't know how to do his job
Way to out yourself as the biggest idiot.
>>
>>62473733
I have interviewed students for a programming job. Came to the conclusion that students are just as dumb as everyone else.
>>
>>62473726
>he still thinks somehow behaving like others makes this an argument
precisely.
why the fuck would anyone ever take this site so seriously as to make legitimate points using viable examples and reasonable scenarios? what are you, fucking gay?
>>
>>62470796
'I bought it because I can afford it'
Cool. That's not a reason to buy something.
>>
>>62473734
Jesus he sounds like a normie male of female with no real sexuality. You'd rather be a homosexual or transgender than someone like him.
>>
>>62470780
>Social climbers wanna climb on top of each other through tech and prove that they're a better *person* by having a hyped tech
>>
A few years ago I would have said it's a really nice UNIX-like system that just works, but GNU/Linux is an even nicer UNIX-like system that also just works nowadays
>>
>>62473797
>UNIX
>homebrew
MacOS is as much UNIX as Android is Linux. People don't use a *nix system only because it just conforms POSIX.
>>
I never understood all that "wasting money". Can you "waste" money? I mean, imagine you buy an old thinkpad instead of a mac to "not waste money". What do you spend spared money on? If you don't have enough money for a proper quality of life, you probably don't have to buy pricey electronics at all.
>>
>>62473819
booze
>>
>>62470780
sheep mentality. there's nothing else to explain
>>
>>62473843
>there is no imaginable benefit to buying any product I personally don't care for
>anyone who buys a product I personally don't care for is lichurally sheeple XD
>>
>>62473790
How about you stop sucking his cock or samefagging before replying? It's bad manners to talk with your mouth full

>>62473757
>he even gets this butthurt when called out as the sheep he is
>>
>>62473819
Ever thought going back to /r/eddit?

>>62473901
Thanks for proving his point.
>>
>almost 2023

>autistic sperglords still raging against apple

kek
>>
mavericks looked better than this flat bullshit
>>
>>62473958
I disagree. Skeuomorphism is tacky as shit and flat design is really elegant imo
>>
>why would you waste money on this overpriced nonsense?
I didn't, my workplace did

>Is it because you want to fit in?
No it's because we use Mac-only software with no decent Windows alternatives.

>B-But Hackintosh
I dual boot Hackintosh/Win10 at home, it has its uses but it's obviously not for everyone and has immediate drawbacks.

So far I've noticed the following about my rMBP:

- Great screen, high resolution is very useful
- Trackpad is the best I've ever used
- Battery life is fantastic
- The 2015 still has USB ports, HDMI out, Thunderbolt/DP
- Keyboard is actually pretty nice (again, 2015 not latest)
- Great general build quality, I had to open up one the other day to find you can replace the M2 drive quite easily, all internals have a quality to them you wouldn't expect to see in a windows laptop.
>>
>>62470780
>not being able to get viruses
wew lad, you just went full retard

>>62471044
>decent security
osx has more cve with high or critical bugs than windows, how can you call that decent?

the unix factor is basically the only plus point. other than that you lack;
integration into heterogeneous networks due to no software
restrictive API and license to write automation software for and or on Mac.
none standard ansi or iso keyboard layout
proprietary protocols

it's funny if you think about it. microsoft has been the badboy in the 90's and early 2000 but never did their license agreement forbid you to write automation or frameworks specifically for windows.
>>
>>62473992
>we use Mac-only software with no decent Windows alternatives.
like what?
I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>62473973
That's bullshit.
>>
>>62474047
I agree, but I love how polished the UI is now. Just look at Mavericks, that shit is hideous. I can't believe that Dock lasted so long.

But there was no need to reduce the textures, like in notes.
>>
>>62470780
I genuinely appreciate the build quality, and a MacBook is slightly superior to a Linux laptop for the things I use it for.
Ultimately my decision was between a MBP and a System76 Galago Pro.
Only one is sold at Best Buy when I felt the impulse to make a purchase
>>
>>62474090
buy a mi notebook pro. you will not regret it
>>
>>62474047
Yeah, nah. Skeuomorphism is really dingy and gross. Too much unnecessary shit.
>>
I've been using macOS at work and the experience is so stress-free that I think I'll buy a macbook soon.
>>
While you autistic whinging retards throw shit like monkeys about what OS is better, I am enjoying my Mac. Scribbling bullshit on a MacBook doesn't change what is true, and that is that Mac is superior in quality, longevity, design, and cost over time. Cry all you want. Time is money.
>>
>Know this guy
>About to get evicted from his house from not paying rent
>Buys a MacBook pro
>couch surfs for 3 years

Every time its a MacBook
>>
>>62474019
Sketch by Bohemian, there are a few design-related bits of software which have no windows replacements.
>>
>>62470780
because youre thinking of apple as a computer company and not what it really is, its a lifestyle brand. Go write a post on /fa about why stupid nikefags pay for their overpriced shit, or go to /fit and ask why they buy whey, ask /o/ why anyone would buy mazzeratti when nissan can make em faster. Because they are products that say things about YOU. The apple message is that your square thinkpad makes you look like a nerd and your glossy hp compaq makes you out of touch. Go on apple's website, go to any product, look at any describer, what does it say about the product? are there benchmarks? Are there exact specs? No. There are vague cool sounding metrics, things like "30% faster", "chic slim", "more muscle", these are things to describe you not the computer. You buy this computer because you think it is like you and you want everyone else to know it too. And apple is so good at marketing that that everyone actually thinks that. So youre sort of right.

also i guess people buy it because they want an actively maintained unix console + DE + Warranty, that works out of the box.
>>
>>62474484
wrong
>>
>>62470780
Name ONE laptop with the same specs for less. Specs include weight, battery life and quality of the touchpad/keyboard. I'm even willing to let go of the superiority of Mac OS.
>>
>>62474690
xps 15

similar weight, far better battery, better keyboard and trackpad

if you think Mac OS is superior, then you don't know what quality is. i have never used a more dysfunctional, user limiting, and thoroughly ugly operating system
>>
>>62474778
>1.8kg vs 0.9kg
>similar weight
Also shit screen, shit touchpad and much, much larger.
>>
File: 1479712783485.jpg (385KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479712783485.jpg
385KB, 1600x1200px
>>62474690
Name one mac that isn't a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>62474862
>shit screen, shit touchpad

grapes are a little to high for you i see
>>
>>62472070
If you have a real job your employer will likely buy you a fancy new laptop no questions asked.
>>
>>62474874
Just comparing it to a MacBook. You know, what this thread is about.
>>
>>62474897
thats my point you fucking ignorant git

if you're shitting on a clearly superior trackpad and screen its because you're too fucking stupid/poor enough to have it
>>
Cause it's cool. Windows is for nerds and old people
>>
>>62474930
>full hd
>clearly superior
>>
>>62474941
>full hd
>4k version exists and isn't much more

are all mactards this stupid
>>
File: rajesh apple.png (376KB, 629x454px) Image search: [Google]
rajesh apple.png
376KB, 629x454px
>this entire thread
>>
the world would be better off without apple and microsoft tbqh
>>
>>62474959
That version is almost twice as expensive as a 12" MacBook so it doesn't exactly support the overpriced meme now does it? My question from >>62474690 remains unanswered.
It's also twice as heavy and 4mm thicker.
>>
>>62471033
Do they still make ads like this?
>>
>>62474992
>12" MacBook
are you fucking joking? 90% of laptops that exist are better than that steaming pile of shit

>the worst keyboard
>worthless processor
>no ram

xps 13 and the chromebook pixel 2 are both far superior alternatives
>>
>>62475027
>chromebook
Cmon man at least try
>>
>>62475030
>at least try
at least try and discredit it as an option "at least try" is the lowest effort option you could've chosen you flaming hypocrite
>>
>>62475052
There is not a chromebook in the world that even comes close to 920g 13mm you fucking faggot. Plus a retina quality display and the ability to run oh I don't know, let's say Ms Office for instance.
>>
>>62475027
>xps 13
Kek. That's MORE expensive. Still zero evidence to support the overpriced meme.
>>
>>62475076
>"retina quality display"
i'm sorry did you refer to retard quality? the screen sucks, screens just as good on the chromebook

to add the cherry on top we're comparing your pos to a 3 year old laptop and it still gets beaten
>>
>>62475087
Spotted the poorfag.
>>
>>62475115
macfags are inherently poorfags though
>>
>>62470780
Because MacOS is a hundred times better on laptops than Windows and especially Linux, the only problem is the overpriced hardware
>>
>>62475115
We were literally having a discussion about the overpriced meme so it's a perfectly valid statement.
>>
File: 1480402062284.jpg (471KB, 1290x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1480402062284.jpg
471KB, 1290x1645px
>>62475195
lagOS is a bloated piece of shit and eats batteries like no tomorrow. The ONLY thing applel had was they gutted and removed their cooling system to make way for a double size battery, and now they pissed that away as well to make it thinner.
>>
>>62475112
I'm still waiting on a comparable laptop for less
>>
>>62470780
Because it isn't windows
>>
>>62475276
Can you even read graphs?
>>
>>62472870
Still not a single comparable laptop named in thread. Alright. Let's skip the price completely.

>Show me a 16:10 laptop without a fan, lasting 8h+ with a high resolution screen weighting under one 1kg
At any price. Surely the Macbook can't be absolutely unmatched?
>>
>>62475393
no fans basically means throttling to no end
a ThinkPad X200 can be downclocked to not have the fans spin, by the way MacBooks still have fans, just not like comparable notebooks. It is relatively light (or just get the X200s with the 1440x900 screen which is out of a different material which makes it another 200g lighter) and with a genuine 12cell battery it lasts forever. So it's cheaper and most likely just as good.
>>
>>62475464
That doesn't sound like any of the things he named desu
>>
>>62475464
>16:9
Into the trash it goes
>>
File: 1491292746554.jpg (415KB, 1750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491292746554.jpg
415KB, 1750x960px
>>62475393
Show me a single throttlebook that isn't a steaming pile of shit that gets BTFO by walmart laptops in anything more demanding than updating facebook.
>>
>>62470780
Its about a very nice overall user experience. The UI takes you by the hand and helps you with most tasks. Desktop management and app integration is just very good. Also its an aesthetic experience hardly any other manufacturer can offer. Thats where the extra money goes into. We are aware that the hardware by itself is not the best, but you will never have driver issues. People like that.
>>
>>62475464
So youre saying if i give up any of the requirements that i had i might find an alternative?
>>
>>62471044
True. Windows is so trashy, it even has fucking ads in its start-menu. Linux on the desktop is a time-sink that I can't afford. I'd rather just buy a solid OS than use open-source bullshit that was programmed by autistic students that watch mlp. Mac OS is fast, looks good and provides you with all the tools you need to start developing quality software.
>>
>>62475464
>no fans basically means throttling to no end
Depending on what you do. No one is buying the 12" MB to render 4k movies or play vidya though, so the shit isn't of concern for the target audience.

X200 might reach a similar weight if you change the materials a bit (and remove the fans after under-clocking it, which would be a massive hit on performance below the Core M) but then you will also need to skim on the battery, that shit is heavy. And that's when we're talking about getting that battery life with a 900p screen, assuming there would be a true hires option, it'd require a larger batter aka. more weight, and a different CPU, since the integrated GPU sucks cocks.

Plus we're talking about quite a bit work in customising it. Though hey, props for a technically kinda possible suggestion unlike shit like XPS or Chromebooks.

>>62475493
1440x900 is 16:10...
>>
>>62475276
Mactoddlers will defend this.
>>
>>62475393
>fruity toddler toy OS

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>62471867

A pain in the ass
>>
>>62472909
/thread
>>
>>62470780
I'll be 100% honest with you. Because it's an Apple product, because I really like the design, even the 1 port, because I only use it for media consumption and love the cleaner look on it. Also because the compatibility between iOS and MacOS is neat.
Though I'm not ashamed to admit that the selling point was the fruit on the back.
>>
>>62475638
This is probably true. I've never wanted to nor have used GayOS so I wouldn't know :^)

>>62475720
The best answer an Apple user can make for wanting a MacBook
>>
>>62472914
Yes.
>>
>>62470780
Should I get one of these or just an iPad pro with a keyboard case?
>>
>>62475496
oh look, he posted it again
>>
>>62475752
Get a MacBook.
iPads are pretty nice but they're just not supposed to be used as a laptop. Don't even bother with that.
>>
>>62475752
install gentoo
>>
All the advantages of Linux without having to deal with all of linux' shortcomings and badly written software. "sudo pacman -S productivity" my boys.
>>
File: 1475684885012.jpg (256KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
1475684885012.jpg
256KB, 1000x710px
>>62475759
Oh look a mactoddler has looked at indisputable facts directly and pretended they don't exist again.
>>
>>62470796
>Disposable income is nice brah.

Think about your future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwd5ROkNh0g
>>
>>62475752
What do you want to do?
>>
>>62473056
>It's been how many years since Nvidia Optimus came out and it STILL does not work correctly in Linux.

Thats a valid point though. Probably it NEVER will work
>>
>>62475799
Get AIDS.
>>
>>62475767
Even if all I'm going to do with it is watch movies, listen to music and browse the web?
>>
>>62475781
>linux' shortcomings
such as?
>>
>>62475809
Oh, well in that case just get an iPad but don't buy the Keyboard Cover. Just buy a normal Smart Cover to use as a kickstand and move on.
The Keyboard Cover isn't really worth it anyway.
>>
>>62475819
I completely forgot about the smart cover. Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 1502875072158.gif (776KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502875072158.gif
776KB, 245x200px
>>62475828
>>62475819
>iToddlers have so little gray mass they need to be told what to buy

This is why apple drones are universally regarded as brain dead technology illiterate troglodytes.
>>
>>62475813
Shitty driver support, lack of professional software, HiDPI/4K-Support sucks for most applications, unreliable system-updates (for arch at least), massive battery-drain for laptops, desktops either look like windows 95, like a kids toy or require you to learn a whole bunch of hotkeys.
>>
>>62475853
>mactoddler calling anything else a kid's toy

>Posted from my fruity toddler toy.
>>
>>62475867
Just look at fucking unity. Also, you have no point.
>>
>>62475846
Why are you so upset over this? The tumblr reaction gif was tryhard as fuck but even the greentext was a dead giveaway.
>>
>>62475876
>Posted from my fruity toddler toy.
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.png (38KB, 420x413px) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.png
38KB, 420x413px
>>62475846
>>
File: 1504421499196.png (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504421499196.png
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>62471033
not UNIX
>>
>>62475889

https://itsfoss.com/linux-foundation-head-uses-macos/
>>
>>62475853
>Shitty driver support
Only for GPUs, but then again Intel's iGPU driver works really nicely on laptops and I haven't had any kind of problem with radeon/amdgpu on a desktop PC either

>lack of professional software
this is true

>HiDPI/4K-Support sucks for most applications
I thought this was fixed now?

>unreliable system-updates (for arch at least)
obviously, since arch is supposed to be "bleeding edge"
you're better off with something like debian (testing) imo

>massive battery-drain for laptops
I have better battery life than on windows

>desktops either look like windows 95, like a kids toy or require you to learn a whole bunch of hotkeys.
stock GNOME looks okay nowadays
>>
>>62470780
Because it's nice to use. You can yammer all you like about "overpriced", but there's more to a computer's worth than a hardware specs to cost ratio.
>>
>>62475971
Most Desktop-Managers work okay with HiDPI-Displays, most Applications do not sadly. Even Firefox is barely usable. Seems to be an issue with GTK. The Arch-Wiki has a lot of Instructions which help fix some problems but my installation of Mac OS Sierra (Hackintosh) just works way better on my PC-Hardware.
Also, Libreoffice is horrible. If you need to use your computer in a professional setting you are screwed if you can't use Word/Excel and edit PDFs.
>>
>>62476009
Also Apple Hardware retains a lot of it's price over the years. You can sell your used hardware for a way higher price than hardware from other brands. Which means the actual cost of the products is lower than many people on here seem to think.
>>
File: 1482653855249.jpg (172KB, 617x887px) Image search: [Google]
1482653855249.jpg
172KB, 617x887px
>>62476009
>there's more to a computer's worth than a hardware specs to cost ratio.

This.

Only morons buy macshit that'll overheat, throttle, underperform and cost you your job and probably your house too if you try to work from home.
>>
>>62475853
>massive battery drain on laptops
I get 2h of use on windows, 1:50 on Cinnamon, 3h on Xfce. This is all stock settings. So at worst Linux and Windows have an identical battery drain, at best Linux will actually drain less battery.

>>62475971
>GPUs have shit support
This is actually false. AMD GPUs have amazing drivers and will always just work out of the box. AMD even helps developing the open source drivers.
nVidia has shit default/open source drivers but their proprietary drivers work just as well as they would on windows, for most cards.
So GPUs aren't an issue unless you use nVidia. In which case you'll sometimes have to struggle with installing proprietary drivers because nVidia is garbage.

>>62476013
You always have WPS. It was my go-to Office suite even on Windows. LibreOffice is fine. It's just more oriented on open formats rather than proprietary ones.
>>
File: skitched-20120424-122922.jpg (47KB, 619x442px) Image search: [Google]
skitched-20120424-122922.jpg
47KB, 619x442px
>>62476102
Cool story bro, your leader seems to think otherwise
>>
their laptops are better quality and i can afford them
>>
>>62470780
>Apart from them not being able to get viruses
Anon, I...
>>
File: 1494003579727.jpg (183KB, 857x856px) Image search: [Google]
1494003579727.jpg
183KB, 857x856px
>>62476125
You can only fool Linus once.

Even he realized macs are fruity toddler toys for children, which is why he gave his to his kids to play with.
>>
>>62473269
seconding this for photography. Fuck windows colour management.
>>
>>62474885
t. NEET
>>
File: 1482616198825.jpg (2MB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1482616198825.jpg
2MB, 2197x1463px
>>62476153
MACTODDLERS

PERPETUALLY

CONTINUALLY

CONSTANTLY

INCESSANTLY

EVERLASTINGLY

UNREMITTINGLY

INTERMINABLY

PERMANENTLY

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

UNTIL THE END OF TIME
>>
>>62476124
When I still used Linux I switched from Libreoffice to Google Docs, which worked better in comparison. But if you are using Google Chrome and Docs to write your documents you might as well switch to an OS that suits your needs better...
>>
>>62476153
>Sony Vaio
>>
File: 1503840458954.jpg (108KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
1503840458954.jpg
108KB, 675x827px
>>62476153
DELET THIS
>>
>>62476188
Which is any OS, so Linux in my case.
>>
>>62476153
If only Apple would release a laptop with a better screen.
>>
File: .jpg (28KB, 520x350px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
28KB, 520x350px
Poorfag here. I had a Macbook Pro (2011) that died on me the beginning of this year and I recently got a ASUS Zenbook and put Linux on it and I think I prefer it. Don't get me wrong, its nice having a lot of high quality programs available but I think 'most' people exaggerate their needs when it comes to what they need a computer for. GIMP and Kdenlive are more than fine for the amateur video/photo editing I do but most people make out like they 100% 'need' Photoshop to survive; but its not true. In terms of gaymz, I play mostly old shit/stuff that looks like old shit and there's been almost no problems for me. Most shit that I use on any computer runs fine on Linux (Chromium, Spotify, VLC, Dropbox), I have touch gestures and can modify nearly anything I want about the look of the OS. There are good things about Macs but they're expensive af and run insanely hot.
>>
>>62476275
Yeah, I'm not condemning using Linux at all. I've used both Windows and Linux for more than 10 years now and I've got to say, in my opinion, Mac OS is superior to both of them for development-tasks and professional environments. I still mainly use the CLI the same as with Linux but the rest of the OS just feels solid and the hardware satisfies me as well. I don't get the hate on apple products at all to be honest. I might even buy an iPhone some day.
>>
>>62470780
> fitting in
> i was 12 once too

Because I have an actual stable Unix based OS.

With .NET being available on OSX I no longer have any need for a Windows machine.

My 2015 MBP is still going strong after two years of heavy use.
>>
>>62476417
Similar macbook pro 15 2011, now have asus. The only thing that pisses me off is the trackpad.
>>
>>62476535
>mactoddler is impressed a mac lasted for 2 years

I'd be amazed too if a piece of shit mac lasted that long.
>>
>>62470780
They can get viruses. It's just that nobody writes any viruses for macOS because like 80% of people use Windows anyway. Bigger target.
>>
>>62476547
Why? Too small? I don't see any problem with it when using libinput-gestures.
>>
>>62475393
>implying the macbook gets more than 5 hours of battery life

fuck off faggot
>>
File: so good.jpg (31KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
so good.jpg
31KB, 659x609px
This thread is a total shitshow. I love it.
>>
File: Laughing Evil Racoon.jpg (40KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Evil Racoon.jpg
40KB, 640x428px
>>62476673

I love how people on /g/ post with authority on shit they know nothing about.

Delicious.
>>
I don't really understand why threads like these are so childish, filled with the diarrhea you'd find on 2003 console wars boards

/g/ would be so good without /v/ autism
>>
Can you even do something as simple as assigning your own keyboard shortcuts for custom commands and switching between different workspaces and programs? Or do I need an APP on the faggy dock to this for me?
>>
>>62472909
Can we finally put an end to
>this copypasta
>>
File: 1487714122336.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487714122336.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
>apple threads on /g/
>>
>>62475020
No, those good times ended, they are full with negros and "cool kids" now.
>>
>>62476960
>and switching between different workspaces and programs

OSX literally pioneered this decades ago
>>
File: Cool Story.jpg (6KB, 232x249px) Image search: [Google]
Cool Story.jpg
6KB, 232x249px
>>62476960
> faggy dock
If you knew as much about macs as you think you do, you would know the answer to this.
>>
>>62476673
I still get about 7h on my two years old 12" MB with 50% brightness (which is only needed when the sun is going strong, otherwise 25% is sufficient), the new ones have a much more efficient CPU and a tiny bit larger battery, so yeah, it's given.
>>
>>62477051
But I dont think I know anything about macs and never said I did?
>>
>>62476960
Do you even 3 finger gesture? Once you get used to it, switching between workspaces happens pretty much instantly, almost like you had a multi monitor set up.
>>
File: setupmacshortcuts-5.jpg (108KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
setupmacshortcuts-5.jpg
108KB, 600x324px
>>62477093
Not into touchpad gestures. I like to use the keyboard shortcuts similiar to tiling window managers. Mod + 1-4 to change desktop , Mod J to switch between programs and Mod R to run. Looks like you can do most of these pretty easily.
>>
Literally no other laptop has the same screen/panel quality as the macbook pros
>>
>>62476673
Confirmed for never having used a MacBook. I have a 2011 air model that still lasts 3 hours.
>>
>>62473771
not him but would you accept a "I had the money, I liked the thing and I just bought it" as an answer? I think you are implicitly asking for more reasons since you can't argue with other people's taste
>>
>>62475734
>never tried something but I'll shit on it anyway
>>
>>62471687
the adobe experience I had on macOS is god tier compared to windows
>>
>>62474871
macbook pro 2015
>>
File: 1484617373664.png (137KB, 636x727px) Image search: [Google]
1484617373664.png
137KB, 636x727px
>>62478151
He said isn't.
>>
>>62478167
>vir/g/ins caring about cpu throttling
>>
>>62476673
>90 tabs
>streaming football
>still 3h remaining
Honestly, I am surprised myself. Seems like 10.13 did some tweaks.
>>
>>62473342
MobileStudio Pro isn't really portable because in order to make it usable you need a keyboard (PS shortcuts) and a fuckhuge stand that is expensive and bulky.
Reason people prefer iPad as a drawing tablet, plus it has a nice refresh rate.
>>
>>62478523
G BTFO!!!
>>
>>62473032
this is the most reasonable post i have read this week. thanks, anon.

i'm myself an apple guy who runs android himself but also has a chinky dell wannabe thinkpad running loonix for shitposting on the toilet. macos is super comfy and have to use it professionally all the time, the only time i use other os or hardware is for gayming, or like i said before shitposting on the toilet or couch.
>>
>>62473151
the cintiq is being run on macOS
>>
>>62473332
no you are wrong. Johns Hopkins forced tech to install pro tools on all our workstations in the student lab because Thomas Dolby bitched and whined about teaching sound design using anything else. He said apple and pro tools was the industry standard.
>>
>>62472369
I got a HP printer, connected that to my wifi address and all i had to do on my mac to be able to print it was add a printer... didnt even install the hp drivers
>>
>>62470780
I like the way they look. I mean I have to stare at a screen all day, so I want it something nice to look at. Plus love the massive trackpad. Not a fan of the new keyboard, but I'm getting used to it. Plus I like the software. I have a lot of money. So I could choose anything I wanted, I like Windows for things and linux too. But as a daily driver I like to have my MBP. And Apples customer service is pretty amazing, I think the only company that compares on that end is Lenovo.
>>
>>62475027
>xps 13
coil whine, the device
>>
>>62475464
mobile processor rMB don't have fans
>>
>>62475752
Your desicion is either iOS or macOS
>>
>>62476153
macbook air screen really does suck though, apple needs to stop selling that garbage
>>
>>62476893
It's shilling. Even the opposing opinions. It gets you emotionally invested in the debate since some of the posts are outright stupid, and you really fell ashamed for them.
>>
>>62473052
>bends if you look at it wrong

Mysides.jpg
>>
>>62470780
MacOS is good for women who can't into computers. That's it.
>>
>>62481862
Or, people can just stop buying that garbage.
>>
>>62471078
>best emojis
that's just wrong. Google emojis are god tier.
>>
>>62481883
Pretty much, I'm mostly a Windows/Linux user and I still hate anti-mactards with a passion, watching them grasp at straws and slurp the absolute shittiest every-day bait like it's candy is like a chimp at the zoo telling you they're a savant while they eat their own shit.

I have a feeling they're mostly just /v/ migrants who know nothing about technology other than what companies should be worshipped and what companies should be hated, and they'll try to virtue signal as much as possible to that end.
>>
>>62478016
I've used iOS faggot where do you think my opinions come from
>>
>>62483355
> I've never wanted to nor have used GayOS so I wouldn't know :^)
you literally wrote it. are you mongoloid?
>>
I like using Photoshop in a unix environment.
>>
It annoys me that I can identify that one resilient little shitposter from his post style and use of the same 15 reaction images. This board feels so stale.
>>
>>62483663
iOS != MacOS you brain-dead faggot. I thought queers were smarter than this
>>
>>62483722
if iOS != MacOS and you only tried the former, where the fuck your opinion about macOS and hackintosh is coming from? up your ass?
>>
>>62483062
Not with 8.0 they are
>>
>>62483784
They were made by the same company dipshit, usually they keep the same practices throughout their products it's not like "oy vey we're gonna make this phone $1000 then out of the generosity of our non jewish hearts we'll only sell the MBP for 100% profits without having a shitty operating system" no company just changes like that. You don't have to use MacOS to know it's shit you can see other people use it and know it's shit dipshit.
You also don't have to murder someone to know it's a bad thing to do
>>
>>62483355
>iOS and MacOS are the same thing
What a fucking retard
>>
1. I have a job
2. I am a developer

Setting up a proper development environment is a pain in ass and every single addition or change breaks everything. Linux just werks most of the time on the desktop, but it's a pain in the ass to deal with it on the laptop. I have to do presentations and shit, I can't spend 10 minutes wondering why hdmi isn't outputting audio. Linux is always used as production environments though, there's no beating it for that.

The closest thing to Linux without being a pain in the ass is OSX. Plain and simple.
>>
>>62484260
Setting up a proper development environment in Windows is a pain in the ass*
>>
>>62470780
Because I dont mind spending more money for something thats nicer (not just raw specs)
>>
>>62478167
I use to play Shogun Total War in my 2015 MBP at 60FPS, these benchmarks seem fishy.
>>
>>62472909
there are people who have folders and textfiles full of this shit and do nothing but refreshing 4chan to instantly spam every thread with the same years old pictures and copypasta
>>
>2017
>GANOO LINKEKS IS STILL NOT POSIX COMPLIANT
>>
File: 1505605965030.jpg (28KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1505605965030.jpg
28KB, 250x323px
>>62484077
Wew lad. Explaining to iToddlers is literally explaining to toddlers
>>
>>62470796
The Dell XPS 15 is better than the mac in every way and just as expensive you idiot. Owning a mac doesn't mean you're richer than people who own PCs it just means you're more of a dumb fuck.
>>
File: concerned_pepe_2.jpg (9KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
concerned_pepe_2.jpg
9KB, 247x204px
>>62470780
>>
>>62470780
I have money to "waste" and the devices are pretty neat.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.