[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is stopping other phone manufacturers to make a phone with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 260002[1].jpg (50KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
260002[1].jpg
50KB, 898x701px
What is stopping other phone manufacturers to make a phone with pressure sensitive stylus? There is literally no competition for the Note line.

I know Samsung owns part of Wacom, what about other technologies that other manufacturers can adopt?

Really like the stylus on the Note line but can't justify to spend so much money on a phone.
>>
>>62469997
Wacom has all the patents for the passive stylus, meaning all other styluses need to be powered, aka have a fat battery in them. There are other tablet companies in the world, mostly Chinese, but they can't legally bring anything over to the US with a passive stylus even if they did make it and certainly wouldn't be featured in any international phones.
>>
File: raster-vector-logo1.png (53KB, 492x166px) Image search: [Google]
raster-vector-logo1.png
53KB, 492x166px
Not many people liked it and most are moving toward vectorized graphic editors like inkscape for most stuff which means a mouse is more than enough.
>>
>>62470087
No one does graphic design with styluses. But almost all commercial artists use photoshop and it's not going to change.
>>
>>62470087
>phone
>mouse
>>
>he uses a """"""smart""""""phone
>SS break down his door and drag him away in the middle of the night in 10 years after his """""smart"""""phone, which require users to implant thought readers that are synced with gestapo servers, relays that he thought that last genocide was only "meh"
>he thinks burner flip phones and 4G dongles are "not kool enough mom!"
I mean, I think you're all looking at this the wrong way
>>
File: 1463941650731.gif (11KB, 350x437px) Image search: [Google]
1463941650731.gif
11KB, 350x437px
>>62470597
>>SS break down his door

A man can dream
>>
>>62470435
yup

>inb4 "But I suck cocks and own a fruit phone ;_;"
>>
>>62470707
are you going to carry around a mouse in your pocket and whip it out to make some handwritten notes on your phone?
>>
>>62469997
Why the fuck would anyone ever want to write on a tiny surface with a tiny toothpick?
>>
>>62470660
us no-lifes are done for in a hypothetical fourth reich
>>
I have a note 5. I have used the stylus since it's launch exactly twice. Both times to fill out a PDF form for a doctor. I have lost the pen twice, and found it both times. If it didn't save 2 days time of having the doctors office print then mail the forms, versus just emailing it to me to fill out it would be completely superfluous.
>>
>>62470660
>>62470787
>thinks Cantwell cucks will ever get that far
right. riiiiiiiiiiiight
>>>/pol/ will always and forever be the only domain stormfags will ever fester in
>>
>>62470660
One day we will have our MitHS dream.
>>
>>62470783
have you heard of these things called notebooks?
>>
>>62470819
that's why I said hypothetical, dumbass
Basically 0% chance it'll ever happen
>>
>>62470828
Show me a notebook with a toothpick as a writing instrument.
>>
>>62470877
>>
>>62470200
Eh, I disagree
One of our artists, who actually does a lot of private commissions for big names, uses a wacom display everyday, whether it's vectoring or doing traditional art.

Flipside is, we really only have a handful of people art our company that legitimately do graphic art--everyone else is a 'technical designer' where it's split down the middle, fifty-fifty, when it comes to using a tablet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.