[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Goygle just make or buy the "Chrome"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: wat.jpg (47KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
47KB, 640x454px
Why doesn't Goygle just make or buy the "Chrome" of messenging platforms? iMessage/ FaceTime is a pretty major selling point for iPhones. Cross-platform messaging is an absolute clusterfuck. Facebook messenger, Skype, WhatsApp, of course Google's ever-changing collection of garbage and the endless others that are almost all shit and only used in certain countries or by certain online subcultures.

Does Google not realize, not care, or just not know how to solve this?
>>
>>62467553
>just make
They tried, and they tried several times IIRC.
>Facebook messenger, Skype, WhatsApp
Don't forget Viber
>>
>>62467660
>They tried, and they tried several times IIRC.
Not sure that they really have.. not like they tried with Chrome.

They keep changing the names, while also never really marketing the platforms to the "alpha normies" that they need for widespread adoption.. Google Talk, Google Chat, Hangouts, Allo/Duo.. all way too confusing for normies and at this point I think even the "geeks" they are courting with these platforms are just fed up and aren't going to bother trying to get their friends and family to adopt yet another of Google's messengers of the month or even use it themselves
>>
>>62467553
are you talking about hangouts ?
>>
>>62468045
Allo was the multi-plat iMessage competitor, but was DOA with no desktop support.
>>
>>62467553
>iMessage/ FaceTime is a pretty major selling point for iPhones.
imagine how fucked up on estrogen OP got to come here and spout this UTTER SHIT.
>>
>>62468045
Works great but not that many people even know that it exists (either that or they're just too stupid to know how to use it)
That's why Google split Hangouts up into Allo, Duo, Android Messages, etc.
Which is pretty unnecessary if you ask me.
>>
>>62468272
He's not wrong. The Apple-tards I know are pretty much dead-set on their blue word boxes and constantly spout about how it's the only real way to text.
>>
>caring about google at all in 2017
honestly if it weren't for google drive and chrome I'd have absolutely zero awareness the company exists due to them failing so tremendously hard in absolutely everything else
>>
>>62468318
you're a LOSER and you don't know SHIT.
>>
>>62468300
they split it ? In which parts ? I don't get it, it's a messaging application, what's there to split ?
>>
>>62467553
>Cross-platform messaging
it's called fucking SMS
>>
>>62468318
>It's literally the same as texting
>ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO MESSAGE!
Honestly I'd be happy if everybody just fucking went back to that shit instead of using FB messenger. Hate that shit.
>>
I'm on another message board where there was this one user who was the most vehement Apple cultist I've ever seen. He spent 99% of his time on that board talking shit on anything that wasn't Apple and the other 1% creeping on girls and talking about wanting to fuck underaged kids. He was just recently banned the other day for his pedo ways.
>>
>>62468333
They're going to stop supporting Hangouts last I heard. Allo is for interactive messaging, duo is for calls and android messages is their texting service i guess. Allo doesn't have SMS/MMS integrated so if you message a phone that doesn't use allo it shows up to the other person as a short phone code.
>>
>>62468530
that sounds quite stupid
>>
>>62468708
Eventually it's going to get shut down I believe, I know they've done away with Google Hangouts API and SMS support(or will be soon).
>>
>>62467553
because google has aspergers and despite all their resources and immense pools of talent they can't dedicate themselves to stick to project long enough for it to take root. even for those that are somewhat succesful like hangouts they inevitable pull the rug out from under it anyways for no goddamn reason
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.