[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/. After getting bored with Linux shit, I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: erBGE5p.jpg (191KB, 1920x1282px) Image search: [Google]
erBGE5p.jpg
191KB, 1920x1282px
Hey /g/.

After getting bored with Linux shit, I've been doing some "hackintosh" (stupid fucking name) work, and have honestly been having a lot of fun with it. I like the challenge it presents on certain hardware, and it's nice to be the first person to document how to get all features working on a previously "incompatible" model of a laptop/motherboard. I tend to just hang out in the discord and help people that come by, they have some issues with kernel panics or something like that, and since the variables change from person to person it just feels like a constant challenge. It's fun for me to dig through people's bootloader files and find what's causing the error after they send me their build info.

The thinkpads are always fun to get, they're well-documented already but still can require some serious knowledge to get running 100%. Some models can practically run OOB, but some can't even get to the installer. Those are fun to figure out.

Anyway, now, my point, If I were to resell machines modified like this, can I get in some legal shit for this? Would apple just completely buttfuck me if I sold these things on a website or something? Like, modified hardware on a laptop pre-installed with open source code allowing the installation of macOS?

It really sucks to be so good at something that there's such a high demand for. I'm sure someone else has already tried this, and have gotten shut down, but just wondering if this is even possible with some precautions taken.

pic kind of related? G5 cases are cheap and easy to modify to sell as proper hackintosh cases, kind of cool.
>>
>>62462434
Bump
>>
i remember getting it set up finally after so much fucking work (tried before, failed, tried again, realized that my audio interface didn't work when plugged into usb 3.0) and then just never using it because i would always go back to windows.
>>
File: YjOfTk2.jpg (113KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
YjOfTk2.jpg
113KB, 1600x900px
>>62462844
Been the opposite for me. I had it on a 300gb SATA drive to fuck around with at first, then spent a couple days getting everything working, then just simply never got off of it. My 1 TB windows disk wasn't ever getting booted into because I had found alternatives in OS X to my programs that I actually liked better.

I just recently moved this installation to my 1 TB drive, and am re-installing windows on the 300gb SATA drive for gaming or specific programs. I still use FL Studio on Windows and the OSX version is practically just a wrapper, so I don't see the point.

Booting from either is possible while on OSX/Windows if you configure the bootloader properly, it feels pretty seamless to click something and be in Windows in about a minute, then doing the same to go back to OS X.

Maybe it's just the terminal, or over all GUI, I don't know, but it's just stuck with me. Like I said, opposite of you, really don't have a reason to go back to Windows considering everything's configured the way I like it already.

I get that though, I know a lot of people who did the same with Linux. Installed it but just never, ever, booted into it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.