[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out about anybar It's a dot in your taskbar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: anybar_napkin.png (36KB, 612x248px) Image search: [Google]
anybar_napkin.png
36KB, 612x248px
Just found out about anybar

It's a dot in your taskbar that you can change the colours or add text to. No need to write notification or monitoring software, just start up an instance and send data to it via its port.

Are there any other cool programs that /g/ can recommend for doing cool technical shit?
>>
>>
Nobody?
>>
Bump for OP, monitoring for interest in the thread.
>>
File: example.gif (704KB, 686x379px) Image search: [Google]
example.gif
704KB, 686x379px
Thefuck is bretty cool
>>
>>62456877
Wow, that would be really useful if I were retarded.
>>
>>62457183
Ah, of course, I too never make a spelling error or forget sudo
>>
>>62456877
Its neat but proper use of !! and other modifiers make that command useless
Also don't forget its written in python and is super slow
>>
>>62457190
Honestly? That's infrequent enough to not be a problem worth solving.

Learn how to use shell completions and history searching. Set vi mode so you can make edits faster. You'll make orders of magnitude fewer mistakes, and get shit done faster too.
>>
>>62457279
>vi
nano masterrace
>>
>>62457287
No wonder you need shitty commands to cover for all the mistakes you make when frantically trying to type faster instead of typing smarter.
>>
>>62457295
I don't even use it all that much, I thought it was a neat project so I shared it
>>
>>62455012
yabar is best bar is you use WMs
>>
>>62457279
The point of it is to save time.
Of course I can just write sudo !!, but writing fuck is shorter.
Of course I can press the up arrow and correct a spelling mistake, but writing fuck is shorter.
>>
>>62458238
>he hasn't set up key bindings so he can do these things with a couple of key presses
>he thinks a shitty dwim Python script is a good solution instead
The absolute state of /g/
>>
>>62458381
Why would you do something by hand when you can easily automate it besides muh l33t hacker feelings?
>>
>>62458238
>writing fuck is shorter.
Alias s to sudo

Ctrl+P Ctrl+A s space enter

It will run faster, it's more portable, and it's less likely that a bug deletes all your files.

The problem with "smart" tools is that all it takes is one time that it guesses wrong to completely blow away any time savings it would give you over your entire life.
>>
>>62458454
Why would you choose a slow way to do it that takes more time, besides muh edgy writing fuck feelings?
>>
File: istat_menu_4_hero.jpg (124KB, 1240x690px) Image search: [Google]
istat_menu_4_hero.jpg
124KB, 1240x690px
>>62455012
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.