[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"A chromebook is basically just a browser in laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2smart4u.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
2smart4u.png
205KB, 659x525px
>"A chromebook is basically just a browser in laptop form, students might need a laptop (macbook) with more capabilities than that"

Too bad apple sheep don't know how to unlock the true power of chromebooks by installing a Linux distro like GalliumOS, kek.
>>
>>62453478
Nah, they can't break the warranty by using an unsupported OS and they don't have time to install a different OS on tons of machines, too costly. Just get something functional and be done with it.
>>
>>62453506
installing an unsupported OS doesn't void the warranty. it is trivial to reset it back to the default.
>>
>>62453478
I actually like my Chromebook even in stock form. If I need more capabilities, I use my desktop PC. The Chromebook gets 10+ hours of battery life, which is totally worth it not being able to run anything.
>>
>>62453478
For 90% of users, the Chromebook and accompanying ChromeOS is one of the easiest to use, secure, and most equipped for standard tasks platform available. Based on Gentoo Linux (literally one of the only times Gentoo is being used on such a scale). Full integration with the various Google services (Google Docs, Gmail, YouTube) make everything just click together like puzzle pieces. And even for places with Windows based servers (schools, universities, offices), it's possible to connect to server shares via the stock ChromeOS browser. On top of all that managing a vast number of Chromebooks and chromsboxes is a breeze for an admin. /g/ only hates them because
>Muh ebil Google!!
>>
Playing Black Mesa in bed via crouton and Steam in home streaming on my chromebook right now. feels comfy man.
>>
>>62453478
i've always wondered if those acer chromebooks can run fedora or opensuse and have an atheros wifi card, i don't want to buy one to return it hours later because they don't, does anyone know?
>>
I'm a programmer and have been using a Chromebook hacked to run Linux as my main machine for the last 2 months
>>
>>62455918
little more detail
I've been running ruby on rails server + webpack while developing react frontends
that and 10+ tabs open at any time, plus tmux/terminal session and an editor like Atom open.

the chromebook is an asus c300, several years old. thing's a champ. running gallium os.
>>
>>62453478
Why use Linux when I can use Unix? Also no ecc ram or xenons
>>
>>62453478
It's a pain to use a different OS on chromebooks, they nag you about it every time you boot up, and pressing the wrong button can bork you.
It's best to just flash them entirely, which is more work than the average person will put in to anything.
>>
>>62453478
It's weird to expect from Apple users some intelligence. Aren't their threads on /g/ a proof of that?
>>
> replacing the caps lock key with a search key

I know you can change this, but who the fuck though this was a good idea?
>>
>>62456011
caps lock is a cancerous key. i have mine mapped to super.
>>
>what is termux ?

Needs one that can support the play store but any new ones could do that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.