[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 28

File: 0113_snake.jpg (63KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
0113_snake.jpg
63KB, 1000x600px
What are you working on, /g/?

Old thread: >>62446298

Recommended viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3lV5VPmOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsZa36Io2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIZxTQP1ifo
>>
give me answer my friends
>>62452360
>>
>>62452398
What inane things can we talk about for this thread
>>
File: 1505490075512.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1505490075512.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
How do you teach pythons?
>>
>>62452398
I want to make a markov chain. What language should I use?
>>
>>62452416
why my language is better than yours, and how that makes me better, and you a brainlet
>>
>>62452456
>why my language is better than yours, and how that makes me better, and you a brainlet
This guy gets it.
>>
>>62444765
Well I just wondered because I saw this thing
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/header/iosfwd
and thought maybe they don't work like I thought they did.
>>
>>62452432
english
>>
File: hakase_9591.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hakase_9591.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
I'm learning .NET/C#, I just learned how to do a hello world program but I'm sort of bored. I don't really feel like I deeply understand anything, just following tutorials. Any tips or anything?
>>
File: _.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
don't thread on me
>>
Students of /dpt/:

Now's the time to make your portfolio! First thing: upload all past school projects to your GitHub if you haven't already. Next, open a empty text file and list in order of cool->not that cool the projects you've done. Your goal is to have 4-6. Then, write a single sentence summarizing what the project is. Now, try to write 2 more sentences on the project focussing on the tools and technologies you've used and what makes it interesting. Focus on what you've *done*. Buzzwords (NoSQL database, what framework, which stack) are good.

Then, add these to your resume, again in order of cool->not cool. Convert sentences to point form. Finally, under your projects list the programming languages you know. In a separate list technical skills (Git, UNIX, GNU Make, CMake, Android development etc...)

Now that your resume is made, take it to your school's career office to have them look it over. Ask them if your school posts local internships on your career site. Apply to every single internship you see.

Important: the listing for internships usually have things they're looking for (Java experience, Agile methodology, SQL, etc...) Add these buzzwords to your resume. Companies use resume readers that looks for key words so you don't want to miss out.

If you don't a resume yet, look at the following guide as a references. You might have to run a Windows VM to edit it in Word.

https://www.careercup.com/resume

Good luck!
>>
File: 7fa.jpg (30KB, 540x355px) Image search: [Google]
7fa.jpg
30KB, 540x355px
>>62452527
My dad owns a software consulting company I don't need a portfolio, I just want to be a better programmer as not to disappoint my father.
>>
>>62452420
Keep in mind that they have poor hearing and vision compared to humans. A more tactile approach may be better.
>>
>>62452510
>Any tips or anything?
Any good book or tutorial series should give you extra things to do to test your knowledge at the end of a lesson. If they don't find a new one.
>>
>>62452527
>You might have to run a Windows VM
>edit it in Word
dropped
>>
>>62452553
Maybe I need a better book.... I'll finish this little series my dad wanted me to do, even though it's really dull, he's so proud of me. For once I don't want to let him down.
>>
How much should you use parenthesizes?
t. use it around every operation which is normally written with spaces
>>
can anyone help me copy a file from one directory to another in a python application? I keep running into an " IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: " issue, even when I'm running CMD as administrator.

im currently importing shutil

from shutil import copyfile
from sys import exit
import os

and copying a file

copyfile(src dst)
>>
>>62452632
open src for reading, open dest for writing, read from src, write result to dest, repeat until finished
>>
>>62452658
in this case im trying to copy an image file from one folder to another in the same C directory
>>
>>62452553
I skipped to the end of mine and it said to find a .net community online to hang out with. No test, it's just him coding and I have to follow along and make a working version on my system.
>>
I'm doing Pluralsight's course on "Becoming a .NET developer."
>>
The deadline for the homework is over so I'm gonna post my code from it so you can laugh
https://pastebin.com/u5G6mVfT

Tell me how bad it is, /g/
>>
>>62452679
Yes, it's the same process, or you can do it the pajeet way and invoke xcopy from the shell
>>
>>62452527
>Important: the listing for internships usually have things they're looking for (Java experience, Agile methodology, SQL, etc...) Add these buzzwords to your resume. Companies use resume readers that looks for key words so you don't want to miss out.

If you do this, you're a pajeet and deserve pajeet work. I uterly, terminally, completely, absolutely REFUSE to add anything of the sort to my curriculum.

SQL isn't a buzzword though.
>>
>>62452710
i'm trying to do this from within a python application file. my goal is to get the program to copy the image of the current playing song in VLC, and paste that image into a 'albumart' folder. Then check every couple seconds and delete that image and replace it with the image for whatever is playing currently.

I've got the path for the image saved as a variable, and I have the destination saved as a variable too
>>
>>62452699
>bubblesort
Why not just C qsort()?
>strcpy
use strncpy

A bit funky indentation I guess

It's okay, not horrible.
>>
>>62452797
We had to make our own sorting algorithm and there was nothing in the requirements that said speed mattered, so I just went with the simplest. I was gonna do mergesort but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Also why use strncpy? In case something fucks up and there's no null character?
>>
>>62452797
>use strncpy
This isn't good advice. strncpy has a lot of its own problems.

>>62452699
Fix your indentation.
>>
>>62452831
Well, okay. Champagnesort is marginally better and marginally faster.
>>62452836
You should always use strncpy, it should be an instinctual reaction.
>>
>>62452836
In case something fucks up and there's no null character?

Also why use strncpy?
>>
>>62452831
Then assign a null character faggot
>>
>>62452728
Too bad it's not /dpt/ looking at your resume
>>
>>62452853
If there's a character assigned then how is it a null character?
>>
>>62452845
>>62452850
strncpy doesn't guarantee null termination in certain situations and and has the whole useless zeroing business. It's not a "safe" version of strcpy. It's more useful for copying into the middle of other strings or some other niche situations.
I avoid a good chunk of the str* functions, and prefer to use snprintf.
>>
>>62452728
Companies are looking for a degree and or experience. Not that complicated, being good in Microsoft word doesn't hurt either.
>>
>>62452860

string[6] = '\0';
>>
>>62452855
If the company I'm applying to turns me down because I don't have the experience or the desire to work a menial, unfulfilling job assembling pre-built bloated pieces of software like some sort of lego for adults, then good riddance.
>>
>>62452877
Is this some sort of insult?
>>
>>62452888
But what if you want money. Don't you want money? I want money.
>>
Has someone made something like PHP but with perl? So you can write perl code inside a .html file inside some tags, and it will replace the tags with whatever the code outputs to stdout, and access headers/query inside the language?
>>
>>62452877
>
string[6] = '\0';

the absolute state
>>
>>62452888
Luckily for you there's a thousand interesting and challenging jobs in CS. Work in HFT or algorithmic trading and you can roll your own linked lists to your heart's desire.
>>
>>62452905
Just be good enough for a proper company to need your expertise.

e.g. have 5 years of experience writing monad tutorials for haskell
>>
File: dEAvoZx.gif (759KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
dEAvoZx.gif
759KB, 500x300px
>>62452398
Im working on a game in C# using duality (google it), since im a noob at game dev its going to take a while.

I've been working on it more or less sporadically since mid-june, right now its in the pre-alpha stage.
>>
>>62452928
>>62452890
.t clueless brainelts
>>
>>62452908
>.Html

What happened to Dreamweaver? What am I missing? God help me

>>62452943
I'm like 20, I just did my first HelloWorld! program.
>>
>>62452958
>20

not gonna make it
>>
>>62452958
>>62452966
Don't listen to this anon. 18-20 is perfectly normal to begin
>>
>>62452943
if you really think that is good code or practice, youre the brainlet
>>
>>62452983
>no u

"lol"
>>
>>62452975
18 to 20 is huge. 18 is the upper limit, after that you might as well give up.

prime starting age is 12. at 20 you're almost a decade behind real programmers.
>>
I'm running a shell script that interfaces with a sqlite database. It builds insert statements, echoes them to stdout, then I run sort|uniq|sqlite3 database.db on them. Now, this works fine (I have unique key constraint), but sometimes I get syntax errors. I think this is because SQLite has some line length limit after which it just starts discarding stuff (including newlines)
How do I increase this? It's annoying to get syntax errors. The lines are at most maybe 1MB long.
>The maximum number of bytes in the text of an SQL statement is limited to SQLITE_MAX_SQL_LENGTH which defaults to 1000000. You can redefine this limit to be as large as the smaller of SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH and 1073741824.
> The maximum length of an SQL statement can be lowered at run-time using the sqlite3_limit(db,SQLITE_LIMIT_SQL_LENGTH,size) interface.
Can I use a pragma to increase it without having to recompile?
>>
>>62453012
That's one way to get yourself burnt out
>>
>>62453012
>at 20 you're almost a decade behind real programmers.
I really hope you don't fall for the "I started programming at 4 years old" people.
>>
>>62452983
>he doesn't write edgy code
>>
>>62453012
Dreaming in code at an early age is also a significant predictor for programming success
>>
>>62453043
stop this meme

I've been programming for over 15 years and I've never dreamed in code
>>
>>62453012
i only really seriously started when i was 22. now i'm a phd student in cs at one of the top programs around.

this bullshit about needing to start early is retarded. you need to be young enough that you can think creatively and be flexible as you learn new things. that means you should probably start before you turn 70. otherwise, don't sweat it.
>>
>>62453070
>now i'm a phd student in cs at one of the top programs around

I can't wait for you to provide proof for this.
>>
>>62453040
this
check this out
int main ()
{
char code[CODE_LEN], ware[CODE_LEN], prod[CODE_LEN], qual[CODE_LEN];
int i, n, found = 0;

scanf("%s", &code);

for (i = 0; i < strlen(code) && found != 1; i++)
if (code[i] >= 48 && code[i] <= 57)
found = 1;

found = 0;
for (n = i; n < strlen(code) && found != 1; n++)
if (code[n] >= 65 && code[n] <= 90)
found = 1;

strncpy(ware, &code, i - 1);
ware[i-1] = '\0';

strncpy(prod, &code[i-1], n - i);
prod[n-i] = '\0';

strcpy(qual, &code[n-1]);

printf("\nWarehouse: %s\n", ware);
printf("Product: %s\n", prod);
printf("Qualifiers: %s\n", qual);

return 0;
}
>>
>>62453061
>he didn't learn how to lucid dream so he can solve cool programming problems while he sleeps
>>
>>62453079
don't be mean, he goes to one of the top universities in his town
>>
>>62453079
what would be sufficient for you? my ID with name and face covered?

i'm not going to offer a thing and then have you say that's not good enough and then repeat that process a dozen times with a dozen different things. just name the thing that'll shut you up so i can provide it and you can acknowledge you're being a dickhole about needing to start young
>>
>>62453087
>implying I want to spend my lucid dreaming time solving programming problems
>>
>>62453086
>scanf("%s", ...);
And your code is shit.
>>
>>62453079
If you have a high IQ it doesn't matter when you start because you'll surpass people who've been programming their entries life in a month

Not that anon btw
>>
>>62452966
>>62452975
I've been working on my A+ certifciation for the past 2 years, my dad told me it'd be a great place for me to start. Now that I've got most of that stuff down, I'm moving into coding. I actually know a lot of stuff, I've just never been a coda.
>>
>>62453012
I coded basic HTML in middleschool, and my dad taught me about binary when I was in kindergarten before bed.
>>
>>62453095
Your ID card with your dick covering your face picture and your contact so we can go out for drinks
>>
>>62453153
i'm not posting my dick, and i'm not really interested in getting drinks with someone from 4chan (let alone someone from 4chan who wants to see my dick)
>>
>>62453095
Since when is 20 not young?

I never met anybody who coded when they were younger than that.
>>
>>62453166
fag
>>
#define FORMAT_BOOL(b) (("false\0true")+(((bool)b)*(1+strlen("false"))))
>>
>>62453166
Then I don't believe you and you're a fucking attention whore liar

What's the problem with going out for drinks with someone from 4chan anyway? I just want to suck your dick and steal your research
>>
>>62452527

Yeah, I'm a PhD student. I don't need a project portfolio, I just need a list of publications and conferences, which is already under development.
>>
>>62453183
Where are you anon? I'll start driving right now
>>
>>62453171

I started learning C++ in high school.
>>
>>62453208
Kyrgyzstan
>>
>>62452527
I'm a SEO with Google, I've over 20 years experience with Microsoft Technology basically, this hot stud is fucking random bitches and you're a looser, wanna find out more? Hire me for details.
>>
>>62453178
Or you could stop being stupid and just do
#define FORMAT_BOOL(b) ((b) ? "true" : "false")

or even make it a "proper" function
static inline const char *format_bool(bool b)
{
return b ? "true" : "false";
}
>>
>>62453219
My flight leaves in 4 hours get your lips nice and moist
>>
>>62453183
people on 4chan who want to meet offline are almost always incredibly socially awkward people who are also unbearably needy.
>>
>>62453217
Hurts my brain to think about it, in highschool I was smoking weed and barely passed, I remember I got stuck in parenting class for my elective and had to haul a mechanical baby around school. What the fuck is that supposed to teach me.
>>
>>62453241
Story time?
>>
>>62453225

No shit. We have to go through a fucking PhD. You guys can start working as soon as you get your BS.

But strictly speaking, I'm going into research/academia. So I can't NOT get a PhD.
>>
>>62453086
This can be written much more edgy, you have lots of dead code
>>
>>62453241
Not always, I've made a friend or two off 4chan and they're normal people with nice dicks

99% are, though
>>
>>62453248

It won't teach you shit. Want to know how to take care of a baby? Knock up your high school sweetheart. You'll find out very quickly.
>>
>>62453225
duh. phd students in any field are trained to take nebulous inquiries and turn them into actionable research questions, methods, and finally answers.

phd students in cs aren't optimizing for churning out code anymore; they would stop at a masters degree if we wanted to optimize for lines of code. we're optimizing for scholarship, so the amount of programming that we do starts to shrink more or less from day 1
>>
>>62453280
>high school sweetheart
why'd you go there anon
>>
>>62453280
Yeah, babies are cool though.

>>62453295
What is there even to research in computer science? I don't get it.
>>
File: 1492901341330.png (34KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492901341330.png
34KB, 470x512px
>>62453280
why'd you post this
>>
>parents forced me to use linux and c when younger
>completely screwed now that i have to use windows and python at uni
what should I do? everyone else on my course is bragging about how they already know the stuff
>>
>>62453315
>What is there even to research in computer science
on the scale from 1 to 3 how serious are you?
>>
>>62453352
3. What u nerds up to
>>
>>62453315
>What is there even to research in computer science? I don't get it.
copying from my department site:
- AI, ML, NLP, Robotics, and other applications of CS, including Database research, general purpose network analysis and graph mining.
- Theory (Complexity Theory, Cryptography, Algorithmic Game Theory, Geometric Algorithms, algorithmic techniques for internet applications, various aspects of network and computer security, databases, design and analysis of programs and programming languages, and supporting studies in combinatorial, logical, and algebraic mathematics).
- Computer Graphics / Human-Computer Interaction (geometric computation, light fields and computational photography, human-computer interaction and design thinking as well as computational algorithms for a variety of applications).
- Systems (energy efficient and robust hardware systems, software defined networks, secure distributed systems, data science, and integrated circuits and power electronics).
>>
>>62453171
I taught myself the very basics of C++ in middle school, didn't really get to objects or memory management but understood enough about loops and functions
>>
File: Robo.gif (30KB, 152x200px) Image search: [Google]
Robo.gif
30KB, 152x200px
>>62453390
>>62453446
yall are okay

don't go to /g/ tomarrow
>>
>>62453372

Well I'm doing cybersecurity and machine learning... there's plenty of shit to research though.

But please don't join our secret club. Programming is oversaturated and we don't want the hoard of BS Computer Science degree holders to flood academia when they realize it's the only real escape.
>>
>>62453503
Hey, I can always just get out of student loan debt with suicide. Might as well try doing what I enjoy for now.
>>
File: index.png (9KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
9KB, 230x220px
>>62453503
I'm just gunna be a code monkey and write whatever pays my bills, just like my dad :)
>>
>>62453503
You fool. While academics toil endlessly for a pittance, I simply sacrifice 20 years of my life and then retire early.

That's the plan, anyway.
>>
>>62453549
I was thinking if Invested all my money it bit-coin miners and moved to thailand I could retire around 25. Only about 500 a month to live around there.
>>
>>62453520

If you can get a code monkey job, great! Problem is we have more programmers than programming jobs.

>>62453549

You fool, we enjoy toiling! It's why despite universities often offering retirement packages, many professors work until they're 80 or more! Once you have tenure, you can publish a paper a year, teach some classes, delegate the boring crap to grad students, and enjoy job security.
>>
I have a bunch of line segments in a game I'm working on the represent walls. the line segments aren't on any particular grid. How do I only check the collision of the line segments that are in my player's proximity? I know Doom cuts the map up into sections and uses a BSP to organize the drawing of sprites. Can I do that with these walls as well?
>>
>>62453560
They also have very skilled SRS surgeons in case you wanna become TRUE programmer-core
>>
>>62453614
>You fool, we enjoy toiling!
Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
>>
File: konata-izumi-520.jpg (27KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
konata-izumi-520.jpg
27KB, 300x454px
>>62453614
Don't give me that bullshit anon I know how to get a job.

Here's your mind set "I can't do it! muh jobs diz economy oh my gosh!" and here's mine "I can do it! If I work hard I will get a job."

That's the difference, I can see your type from a mile away.
>>
>>62453652
Realism vs misinformed optimism.
>>
>>62453619
N-no thank you lmao
>>
>>62453660
Case and point.
>>
>>62453662
Eh, suit yourself. Thailand is pretty regardless, though I feel it's gonna progress rapidly over the next 20-30 years
>>
>>62453662
Don't you want to be a programming master, anon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6UU8ZZIKYA
>>
>>62453614
And they want to push for more programmers :..
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/28/technology/gm-engineer-training/index.html

we will end coding for bread and water
>>
>>62453683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

nawwww, .NET, everyday. I WANNA GET PAID!

Any other educational type of music about programing, like a pokerap but with programing? Would be useful for a noob like me.
>>
>>62453652
>your type

and i can see yours, is the type they call "a good goyim", and others call it "uncle tom"
>>
>>62453694
All I need is rice, beans, vinegar, a room, and an internet connection
>>
>>62453714
Sorry I want to get a job and actually contribute to society with computer science rather than jacking off to ASCII porn all day.
>>
>>62453694
Non-webshit / actual programming will always have a natural barrier to entry. Rust has been screeching for beginners and nothings really happened because surprise, programming is normie-deterrent. And most don't want to sit at a computer in their free time.
>>
>>62453694
I don't really want a million lines of code running in my car
>>
my python program keeps changing numbers like '2' to things like '%233', and changing spaces ' ' to '%20', changing '[' to '%5b'

is there anything i could import that would keep these values the same, instead of changing them to these different strings?
>>
How can I program a [spoiler]friend[/spoiler]
>>
>>62453761
I'm your friend anon!
>>
>>62453739
agree.
You wont actually own your car when there is a single line of propietary code.
>>
>>62453769
Thanks

I want to help figure out how to make human-like computer intelligences, but there's no market for them. More specialized AI is actually POSSIBLE to design and can be more efficient than humans, which are already plentiful. Sucks.
>>
Reminder that if your methods are longer than five lines and you are doing something wrong. Recommended actions to find a different career since you are clearly incompetent.
>>
File: her-joaquin-phoenix-41.jpg (315KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
her-joaquin-phoenix-41.jpg
315KB, 2400x1350px
>>62453788
Watch pic related if you haven't
>>
>>62453787
but anon

your car will be able to automatically reorder game of thrones box sets for you when you're getting low on milk

it'll be super convenient

and delivery will be free if you agree to listen to adverts when you're waiting at red traffic lights
>>
>>62453787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw

more music like this? Please? I like learning through music.
>>
>>62453652

My view is this: Everyone and their grandma is becoming a programmer. Meanwhile, programming jobs aren't growing nearly as fast. The industry is repeatedly telling people that there is a dearth of programmers, but the numbers suggest otherwise. Beyond this, there is a shift away from desktop applications, which are often written in languages such as C++, Java, or C#, towards web applications, written in JavaScript. We have taken the web programming frameworks and designed them to make desktop and mobile application development as easy as making a website, however misguided that is in terms of resource utilization. Being intelligent is no longer necessary to do a "good enough" job as a programmer, and there is an active attempt by industry to make as many people into programmers as possible, to lower the value of the profession. Why would they pay you 60k, 80k, or even 100k+ in the more expensive tech hubs, when they could alternatively pay you 40k because of how easily replaceable you are.

I started learning to program because I enjoyed it, but the programming I see today has become a perverted reflection of what it looked like when I started, with no one giving a damn about quality as long as they can ship it out fast enough. The job is no longer worth it in terms of job security, and wages will soon follow. Meanwhile in academia, I have a greater independence and the ability to use whatever tools I want to study whatever topic I want within my field. And since I'm studying cybersecurity, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who need my work, especially given that dumpster fire that is Equifax.
>>
>>62453788
>but there's no market for them
m8 are you joking, we're just starting into more advanced sex dolls. You better believe there's a trillion dollar market for human-like AI to go inside those shells. It's going to be the most over-saturated field seen.
>>
>>62453806
I liked Her but it was really weird that after the singularity literally all the AIs just fucked off and left the humans completely alone. And weren't they operating systems? Imagine if your fucking Windows copy just decided to live in a magical infinite fantasy world instead of opening a browser to watch porn.

Also sticking a self-aware entity into an operating system seems a little excessive
>>
>>62453848
>Studying cybersecurity

I'm so sorry for your loss. Why are you studying a field that is broken by design?
>>
>>62453820
actually automakers will rent and not sell their cars
http://www.businessinsider.com/gm-maven-car-sharing-millennials-2017-8
>>
>>62453848
I don't see it that way at all, ways iz seez it, I'm broke, I see people making 100k a year, 200k a year, that could be me. I'm going for it.
>>
>>62453848
>100k+ in the more expensive tech hubs, when they could alternatively pay you 40k
Joke's on you, I'm leaving the country and moving to cities where they pay me only 40kish anyway
>>
>>62453862

Everything's broken and we need to fix it for society to continue functioning.
>>
>>62453875

And how do you plan to pay off your loans with that kind of income?
>>
>>62452398
Can anyone advise me on how to create a randomly generated latin square? I'm basically trying to make a sudoku game but I'm not really sure where to start.
>>
>>62453902
Suicide retirement plan
I already don't value my life anyway
>>
>>62453889
Cybersecurity is a pipe dream though. Between malicious state actors, dumb users, security by lack of evidence of brokenness instead of proof of robustness and trust in component designers because it's not feasible to implement everything yourself, it's just impossible to have anything be truly secure. You're wasting your time studying an useless subject that will never, ever, EVER be relevant in the real world, because everything is already irrepairably broken anyway, and no amount of research will fix its inherent flaws.
>>
>>62453933
You're right, since we can't 100% protect everything we just shouldn't try at all
>>
>>62453933
>dude it's already burning, just let it go
kill yourself
>>
>>62453949
This is probably the same guy who plans on killing him self and thinks getting a job is impossible.
>>
File: 1497181516939.jpg (24KB, 313x367px) Image search: [Google]
1497181516939.jpg
24KB, 313x367px
>>62453933
>Security practices are worthless because nothing can ever be 10000% secure
Nobody will ever need more than 64kb of ram
>>
>>62453955
I'm the person who plans on suicide, I don't think getting a job is impossible
>>
>>62453958
They don't need more than 1MB
>>
>>62453949
>>62453950
The thing is that we already have good enough security for trivial things that no one will bother cracking anyway, but we have no actual, provable security for anything important, and we never will. That's why security is best left to people who can get a PhD, but are not smart enough to study other more interesting areas of CS. Why you'd subject yourself to studying it yourself, I don't know.

I'm not saying security research or trying to secure things is useless. I'm saying that devoting your life to it is dumb because we already do a good enough job anyway, and we can let the pajeets of the PhD world research that area.

>>62453958
Not comparable.
>>
>>62453961
Okay buddy
>>
>>62453993
Directly comparable.
It's the exact same kind of thinking.
>X will never happen, so why should we every try to Y?
You're like infrastructure in prior to Abagnale running around fucking everything up because nobody thought to bother securing anything in even the most basic manner.
>>
>>62453993
>Tfw I hacked my xfinity wifi for unlimited free wifi
>Tfw I hacked into walmart customer service position without meeting their official credentials
>Tfw ban evade on 4chan constantly to the point that mods just give/up can prove I'm actually ban evading
>>
>>62453993
It's really ironic you even bring up pajeets when your whole attitude is the pajeet mindset. And by advocating pajeets studying security, youre essentially just saying "fuck security".
"good enough" is technology shouldn't ever be a serious phrase.
>>
Can someone give me a list of ~20 or so of the most important/popular programming languages?
>>
>>62454032
The only one you'll ever need is Java. Complie once, run anywhere. It's the dream.
>>
>>62454019
Want actual security? Stick your computer in a faraday cage. Anything less is insecure and will never not be so.

Cybersecurity is a fucking joke and if you seriously think it's anything other than that, you're clueless and don't belong in a PhD. At least be aware that your research interest is a joke propped up by clueless companies and professors trying to justify their salaries while producing no useful research.

Friendly reminder that cybersec is the brainlet child of CS.
>>
>>62454032
1. the one i pretend to know in depth
2. that one i did a hello world in
3. the one i wrote a slightly modified fizzbuzz from SO in
4. the one i don't actually know but parrot because it's popular but god help me if im ever asked about it
5. the new language i pretend to like
6-20. shit
>>
>>62452628
What's this "t." business? I keep seeing it but I'm not sure what it means.

Also, who else /g/runk and what are you programming?
>>
>>62454075
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>62454075
Cyber security is like the applied mathematics of CS what are you talking about
>>
>>62454089
t. buttblasted cybersecurity phd wasting his 20s away on """research""" that was already outdated years ago

collect your tears in a cup and mail them to me
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 219x230px
>>62454075
Quit trolling
>>
>>62454085
Finnish for "signed"
People like always though, misuse it like your example post.
t. /int/ expert
>>
>>62454085
It's like "-author", as in "t. sysadmin" would mean the post was written by a sysadmin

Sometimes people reply to a post with just that to imply it was written by that, like "t. pajeet" would imply the post it was replying to was written by pajeet

Also I don't drink, nothing tastes good
>>
>>62454085
I'm trying to write a sudoku game but I really can't figure it out. And nobody here responded to my post. But yes I have a bottle of wine on the desk. And, t. is some French shit for "sincerely yours" or some other salutation.
>>
>>62454126
What I can't figure out is randomly generating Latin Squares. I feel like there should be examples all over to place but alas...
>>
>>62454131
For sudoku, couldn't you just generate the square with 1-9 and then shuffle? But I'm guessing you run into the row/column validation problem with that
>>
>>62452398
i am curious to learn about programming. i am familiar with unix-like operating systems, as well as windows. the only think stopping me is the confusing and the ability to propoerly address my issues and or questions. I am hoping if someone can answer me:

>Will the source code of a C++ Program originally designed/written and compiled on Ubuntu with the gnu compiler work on Windows outofthebox i.e. take the source, compile it in Visual Studies, or will I need additional runtimes/libraries?
>Where should one start when it comes to learning a computer program? Does the operating system matter?
>>
>>62454158
If you're over 20, don't bother even trying to learn programming.
>>
>>62454157
Sorry, I misunderstood what the latin square was. I'm guessing the entire sudoku board is the latin square?
>>
>>62454158
1. I think generally it does unless you use system-dependent shit in your coding? Like libraries that are windows or linux only

2. Operating system doesn't matter, just install an IDE or do it in a text editor like emacs or vim
>>
Why is Go so shit?
>>
>>62453171

Because they don't go outside
>>
>>62454220
Google.
Everything from them turns to shit eventually.
>>
>>62453171
bait.jpg
>>
>>62454075
>still on the "we can't ever be 100% secure" argument
Man you're retarded, but I guess that's why you managed to convince yourself that it's somehow a joke.
>>
var gridClone = function (grid) {
var output = [[], []];
for (row = 0; row < grid.length; row++) {
for (col = 0; col < grid[row].length; col++) {
output[row][col] = grid[row][col];
}
}
return output;
};

Will this successfully clone a 2d array of undetermined size in JS? Or will this only work on an array containing two arrays?

Will I have to use .push instead?
>>
>>62452412
Python if you want flexibility or have any interest in writing build tooling or w/e. Go otherwise.
>>
>>62454168
>>62454157
Yeah there can't be any repeats within a row or a column. It's a surprisingly tricky problem. My professor gave it as our very first assignment in a data structures class and then revoked it and now two months after the class has ended still nobody in the class can program it.
>>
>>62453446
If you aren't using templates to generate all your programs you aren't really writing C++.
>>
Reminder that if your methods are longer than five lines you are a brainlet. You have NO EXCUSE for this shit.
>>
>>62454340
Oh man, that sounds like all the more reason to try
>>
>>62454297
I agree with that guy
if someone with enough knowledge or money wants to hack into your system, they will do it no matter how good you think you've secured it
it's a battle you can't win

if equifax, ebay, sony, and yahoo can't protect their shit, you sure as shit can't do it either
>>
>>62454376
to be fair though, most companies don't give enough of a shit to make their data as secure as possible.
>>
>>62454376
Look out, we got another who just learned we can't have perfectly secure systems
Literally not an argument for anything
>>
>>62451997
this. it works fucking great in practice. any complaint about it is irrelevant newfaggotry.
>>
>>62454401
it's an argument for picking a different field
it's ok if you never leave academia because you're insulated from the reality of it
if you ever take it into the workforce, you'll be endlessly stressed and unhappy because clients are always getting hacked and it's always your fault because you didn't do your job well enough.
and you can never tell them that your job is actually impossible because that is an unacceptable situation for them
and that's the situation you've put yourself in. willingly.
>>
>>62454454
Wanna know how I know you never worked in that field?
>>
>>62454471
>I'm 14 years old and can't lose an argument
that's all I'm gonna say about it, then
>>
>>62454373
Yeah, exactly why I'm trying to figure it out. Not really making any headway, but doubt it's impossible.
>>
>>62454482
Wow, already admitting defeat
>>
>>62454340
Okay, a way to track it would be to just have a set with each digit per row and column.

Let's say we have the matrix A which is n x n and we also have i which is 0 <= i <= n and j which is 0 <= j <= n
Once you assign your random number x (where x is 0 < x <= n) to position Aij just take x out of the numbers available sets A_i and A_j

In Sudoku's case you have A_i = { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 } and A_j = { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 }

This is pretty space inefficient but as our boy Knuth says, pre mature optimization is the root of all evil. Also, it's just Sudoku.

Not sure if that's helpful, just kind of a lazy way to do it.
>>
>>62454504
Nor am I sure that's right
>>
>>62452628
the minimum needed for the correct order of operators and to not trigger -Wparentheses warnings

also around macros but you should avoid macros in C++
>>
File: 1468882928057.png (199KB, 439x392px) Image search: [Google]
1468882928057.png
199KB, 439x392px
Employed Haskell programmer here
>>
>>62454600
Nice LARP. I checked the chart you faggot, and haskell is not even in the top 50 programming languages. For God's sake, it's ranks below fortran
>>
File: IMG_20170915_223203.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170915_223203.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>62454488
I've gotten a little carried away but I think this example should help a little
>>
File: neat.png (387KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
387KB, 1080x1080px
>>62452398
Just finished multi-threading my a program to iterate functions... It's similar to the way the Mandelbrot set is created, but I found that the trig functions make cool shapes.
>>
File: Untitasdfled.png (2MB, 2149x2089px) Image search: [Google]
Untitasdfled.png
2MB, 2149x2089px
>>62454852
another one
>>
Reminder that if you use unethical languages C then you are what is wrong with this world. If you introduce a bug in life-or-death software that kills someone I hope you go to jail for the rest of your miserable lives. Pieces of shit.
>>
>>62454869
>contract programming in C
must be hell
>>
>>62454869
C "programmers" on /g/ aren't actually employed
>>
>std::initializer_list doesn't provide the subscript operator
What's the rationale behind this?
>>
File: 1483889196706.gif (252KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
1483889196706.gif
252KB, 371x371px
>>62454869
>writes life-or-death software in high language
>someone dies because your program stopped mid-operation to do garbage collection
>>
>>62453933

That is why I am not only studying cybersecurity, but a mixture of cybersecurity and artificial intelligence. We can't remove the vulnerabilities from all of our programs, or the stupidity from our users... but imagine for a moment that our machines had an immune system of sorts that could detect this kind of crap ahead of time and prevent attacks before they happen. A better world is possible.
>>
>>62455028
you confused life-or-death with real-time
>>
>>62455028
t. never wrote anything nontrivial
>>
>>62455044
Those are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>62455058
neither are they mutually inclusive
>>
File: 1483889196918.png (299KB, 823x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483889196918.png
299KB, 823x720px
>>62455063
Your point?
I'm obviously taking about the cases where the intersection between those non-functional requirements exists.
>>
>>62455028

Ada does not do garbage collection, and it is also one of the best choices of languages for life or death software.
>>
>>62455084
you should have said

>life or death situation
>also real time and the length of time any gc pause does is too much and the end result was death
>>
>>62454869
Well, you cannot avoid bugs, really. That's how it works.
>>
>>62455104
is
>>
>>62455028
>life-or-death software kills non-Americans

This is how garbage collection is supposed to work
>>
>>62455104

Life or death programs are often also real time.
>>
>>62455121
You'd be surprised
>>
>GC is dange...
http://www.edn.com/design/automotive/4423428/Toyota-s-killer-firmware--Bad-design-and-its-consequences
>>
>GC kills people...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therac-25
>>
Languages like JavaScript, Python, Ruby, etc... are ideal for what are known as I/O bound processes. If your program is going to spend more time doing things like console I/O, networking, or file I/O than anything else, language performance becomes less relevant, and developer time is more important, since using other languages won't give a significant performance boost.

Languages like C++, Rust, and Ada are ideal for real time and high performance applications, where it is more important that the job get done right, and be executed within a maximum and predictable amount of time.

But what is truly the ideal in-between language? Should we use languages like C#, Java, and Go for our bread and butter applications?
>>
>>62455221
The ideal in-between is Haskell
>>
>>62455216
>The software was written in assembly language that might require more attention for testing and good design. However the choice of language by itself is not listed as a primary cause in the report.
Fuck off, phoneposter,
>>
>>62455260

But Haskell is gross.
>>
>>62455221
Malbolge
>>
>>62455221
>ideal for what are known as I/O bound processes
>where it is more important that the job get done right, and be executed within a maximum and predictable amount of time.
>bread and butter applications
you see, it's impossible to answer the question because the first two things make sense and the last thing means absolutely nothing
>>
>>62455308
Wrong
>>
>>62455216
>software that relied on hardware safeguards
>the hardware never gave any signal that it was working or even existed
this was a death trap waiting to happen
>>
>>62455315

The middle ground would be an application that is not high performance, but which may involve a reasonable amount of computation on the CPU, or at the very least would be ideal to not use as much resources.
>>
>>62455221
C++ is comfy enough for "bread and butter" applications if you actually know the language. java is good too
>>
god I'm trying to come up with something funny to say but this thread is honestly so boring i wanna kms
>>
>>62455804
I feel like I don't even care about programming anymore I just like shitposting too much to leave /dpt/ discord
>>
>>62455804

Join me in the "quitting tripfagging" club.
>>
>>62455817
how could this be my personal blog without tripcodes
>>
>>62455819

We don't need blogs. Shitposting ability is maximized as anonymous.
>>
>>62455838
>recognizable reddit spacing between the replied post link and your message
you might as well put on a trip
>>
>>62455858

>one line posts
>reddit spacing
Stop smoking crack.
>>
>>62455874
>
there it is right there
>>
Is recursion faster than iteration for something like java?
public static double pow(double x, int n) {           
if(n==0) return 1;
if(n==1) return x;
if(x==0) return x;
if(n<0) {
x = 1/x;
n = -n;
}
if(n%2 > 0) { //n is odd
return x*pow(x*x, n/2);
} else { //n is even
return pow(x*x, n/2);
}
}

What I did
public static double pow(double x, int n) {
boolean negative = false;
double total = 1;
if(n == 0){
return 1;
}
if(n < 0){
n *= -1;
negative = true;
}

for(int i = 0; i < n; i++){
total *= x;
}
if(negative){
total = 1/total;
}
return total;

}

Been using a site to practice and I noticed a lot of people do a recursive solution when I normally just do iteration
>>
>>62455888

No you dipshit, that's just standard greentext. It's been a staple of 4chan since fucking forever. How new are you?
>>
>>62455950
> Is recursion faster than iteration for something like java?
Recursion is never faster than iteration. It can theoretically be as fast as iteration, but only if it's a tail recursion and your compiler supports TCO.
>>
>>62456054
Was it just preference that people were writing with a recursive solution then? The problems didn't state how to implement
>>
>>62456133
Recursion is seen as elegant implementation.
>>
I actually think Indian classical song increases my productivity.
>>
>>62456133
Recursion is usually easier to implement and reason about, plus it's more aesthetic. In the real life, you would usually avoid it, or make sure TCO is working, overwise not only you get suboptimal performance, but also risk stack overflow.
>>
>>62456150
Recursions are hacks
>>
File: Practical-Concurrent-Haskell.jpg (120KB, 692x987px) Image search: [Google]
Practical-Concurrent-Haskell.jpg
120KB, 692x987px
>Practical
>Concurrent
>Haskell
with
>Big
>Data
>Applications
>>
File: 1481664473008.png (175KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
1481664473008.png
175KB, 482x436px
>>62456188
they're going to run haskell into the ground with enterprise shit
>>
File: 1460865889154.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1460865889154.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>learning python from 4 different books at once
>Whenever a section is boring I can just switch to a different book
>currently 200 pages into 3 books 100 pages into another
>book#3 is teaching me about regular expressions
>talking about how using raw strings is best
>tells me to use an escape character in my rawstring to create raw parenthesis
>escape character
>inside a rawstring
>Literally throw all my books at the wall

My autism has never been so triggered in my life.

Programing has been so fun to learn so far because its so logical and consistent outside of human related stuff like naming conventions.

WTF is the point of a rawstring if I can still use escape characters.

Is there a language that doesnt have ANY Inconsistencies like this?

I need something to sooth my soul.
>>
>>62456324
Scratch
>>
>>62456188
I might pick this up.
>>
>>62456324
Brainfuck.

But seriously, Python's a mess.
>>
>>62455950
recursion is more comfy
>>
>>62455950
>if(x==0) return x;
The power of /g/ programmers, lads
>>
>>62456224
not really.
Haskell still has a giant learning curve and is slow, it's pretty much enterprise-deterrent.
>>
Finished my hangman.py assignment.
Am I cool yet?
>>
>>62456324
Your book is wrong, or you misread it. The only characters you should need to escape in a raw string are quotes, and also if you need to escape a special character, like r'\\n'
>>
>>62456430
Post it?
>>
>>62456447
It was refering to escaping a special character, but doesnt that defeat the whole point of raw strings to begin with?

Why not make a different thing that takes escape only for special characters, Leave rawstrings pure actual fucking RAW STRINGS.

Do not push me on this. I barely understand programing but I will write a treatise if you make me.
>>
>>62455221
julia. it's kind of like high-performance python with types and JIT template monomorphism
>>
>>62452398
>Recommended viewing
I recommend you suck my cock
>>
>>62456452
def isWordGuessed(secretWord, lettersGuessed):
for character in secretWord:
if character not in lettersGuessed:
return False
return True

def getGuessedWord(secretWord, lettersGuessed):
result = ''
for character in secretWord:
if character in lettersGuessed:
result += character
else:
result += '_ '
return result

def getAvailableLetters(lettersGuessed):
result = ''
for character in 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz':
if character == None:
return result
if character not in lettersGuessed:
result += character
return result

def hangman(secretWord):
numGuess = 8
lettersGuessed = ''

print("Welcome to the game, Hangman!")
print("I am thinking of a word that is ", len(secretWord), "letters long.")
print("-------------")

while numGuess > 0:
if(isWordGuessed(secretWord, lettersGuessed)):
print("Congratulations, you won!")
return None

print("You have ", numGuess," guesses left.")
print("Available letters: ", getAvailableLetters(lettersGuessed))

guess = input("Please guess a letter: ")

if guess in lettersGuessed:
print("Oops! You've already guessed that letter: ", getGuessedWord(secretWord, lettersGuessed))
elif guess in secretWord:
lettersGuessed += guess
print("Good guess: ", getGuessedWord(secretWord, lettersGuessed))
else:
lettersGuessed += guess
print("Oops! That letter is not in my word: ", getGuessedWord(secretWord, lettersGuessed))
numGuess -= 1
print("-------------")

print("Sorry, you ran out of guesses. The word was ", secretWord, ".")

secretWord = chooseWord(wordlist).lower()
hangman(secretWord)

The assignment is from
www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-11
>>
>>62454869
what about the ungodly waste of energy from server farms ,and billions of laptops and phones, running software that is 100x less efficient than it ought to be?
>>
>>62456476
raw strings are designed solely with regex in mind. Now, consider this. You want a regex which will match a newline. So you need to support r'\n'. However, consider you also want a regex to match a literal '\n', so you would need r'\\n'. What would be your proposed method for support both of these? If you didn't support special character at all. Perhaps the issue is that they shouldn't be called raw strings, but regex strings.
>>
>>62456513
>No animation for failure

You had one job.
>>
File: 1505351017540.png (588KB, 1000x757px) Image search: [Google]
1505351017540.png
588KB, 1000x757px
Rate my code, /dpt/
RANDOMIZE TIMER
main_loop:

CLS
A = INT(RND * 100)
B = INT(RND * 100)
ANSWER = A * B
PRINT "What does "; STR$(A); " * "; STR$(B); " equal to? Type Q to quit."
INPUT C$
IF (C$ = "Q") OR (C$ = "q") GOTO stop_program
IF VAL(C$) = ANSWER THEN PRINT "Correct!" ELSE PRINT "Wrong! The answer is "; STR$(ANSWER)
PRINT "Press any key."
DO: K$ = INKEY$: LOOP UNTIL K$ <> ""

GOTO main_loop

stop_program:
END
>>
fuck opengl though
>>
>>62456535
>raw strings are designed solely with regex in mind. Now, consider this. You want a regex which will match a newline. So you need to support r'\n'. However, consider you also want a regex to match a literal '\n', so you would need r'\\n'. What would be your proposed method for support both of these?

Am I retarded or did you get those backwards?

I am saying r should be completyl raw no takebacks.

And maybe r(enteranything you want here) could be raw + escape for special characters allowed.

Just give me a true raw option.
>>
>>62456548
learn directx
>>
>>62456543

> 2017
> using goto
>>
Which constructor will invoke?
#include <initializer_list>
#include <iostream>
class Container {
public:
int data[3];

Container(int a, int b, int c) {
data[0] = a;
data[1] = b;
data[2] = c;
std::cout << "Brace initialization invoked.\n";
}

Container(const std::initializer_list<int> list) {
size_t i{0};
for (int item : list) {
data[i] = item;
++i;
}
std::cout << "std::initializer_list invoked.\n";
}
};

int main() {
auto x = Container{5, 23, 11};
auto y = Container{33, -54, 8};
}
>>
>>62455950
Protip: Don't use recursion unless you have a tree like datastructure. It greatly increases the risk of stack overflow. Google notably fixed it's regular expression engine by removing every last recursive call, making massive speedups. The library is open source, called "re2".

In your particular code, the recursive one is faster because it is O(log n). You version is O(n).
>>
>>62455028
Garbage collection only happens when their is garbage. With the G1 collector in Java 9 the pass time is less than 1ms on average.
>>
>>62454220
>Why is Go so shit?
Because it is opinionated in the wrong direction.
>>
>>62456847
Don't curly braces always mean initializer_list if available?
>>
does the std:: namespace have tendrils into the core of the language now?
>>
>>62456972
Yes, some things from http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/header/type_traits need to be implemented in the compiler.
>>
>>62456843
>2017
>not using goto
>>
>>62457018
have fun refactoring.
>>
>>62457049
Have fun implementing efficient VMs
>>
>>62454082
Too close to home
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 789x100px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 789x100px
>>62456046
>>
>>62456324
>>62456476
>>62456556
>one line per sentence
genuinely annoying "reddit spacing"
>>
File: Selection_20170916_11:01:31.png (12KB, 782x111px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_20170916_11:01:31.png
12KB, 782x111px
>>62456046
>>
Which languages support HKTs?
>>
Should I study Data Science or is it just a fad?
>>
>>62457323
take your pick
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependent_type#Comparison_of_languages_with_dependent_types
>>
>>62457346
Haskell has HKTs but is not listed.
>>
>>62457346
>a list of meme languages
Nice filter, anon >>62457323
>>
>>62457362
HKT's are baby's dependent types.
>>
>>62456905
I need worst case guarantees, not averages.
>>
>>62457410
I didn't ask for you opinion, but I asked for languages with support for HKTs.
>>
>>62457450
skip haskell and just choose one of those.
F* is especially nice.
>>
D is comfy
>>
>>62456847
Use member initializer lists, Anon.
>>
>>62457558
Does Andrei beat you if you don't mention the language at least once per thread?
>>
>>62457708
Andrei isn't like that.
>>
>>62456324
Programming was made by humans, you attention seeking autist.
It's mot some language salf-made robots from other universe use.
>>
>>62455005
As a guess, because the underlying storage is temporary.
>>
>>62456548
What's wrong with opengl? The math is tricky but that's what makes it fun
>>
>>62457815
it's on its way out, vulkan is literally its replacement.
But brainlets screech because vulkan doesnt abstract nearly as much.
>>
>>62456548
I like how people thought Vulkan was gonna fix drivers being inconsistent and now every Vulkan program requires specific versions of GPU drivers to work properly.
>>
>>62456556
Raw strings are "raw" in the sense that there are fewer escape patterns. The byte sequence in the source file is almost the same as the byte sequence that a raw string literal evaluates to. It's just for readability, they introduce nothing you couldn't do with more escaping in normal string literal syntax.
>>
>>62456324
>>> x = r"abc()()()"
>>> print x
abc()()()
>>> x = r"abc\(\)\(\)\(\)"
>>> print x
abc\(\)\(\)\(\)
>>
>>62457830
I don't particularly mind vulkan in concept, although I haven't worked with it directly. Still, OGL being "on it's way out" is dramatic, just because a few big name engines have beta adoption (while OGL support remains front and center) doesn't exactly spell impending doom. Maybe that's the way it'll go but maybe not, declaring OGL dead here and now is a joke.
>>
1st day into learning pyhon
looks ez desu
>>
>>62457863
There is no reason to even use OGL besides legacy machines that need to stop being supported anyway.
>>
>>62457883
lol no
>>
>>62457902
then do tell, anon.
>>
>>62457919
rude desu
>>
Seems very arbitrary
>>
New thread:

>>62458004
>>62458004
>>62458004
>>
>>62457830
wrong
>>
>>62457977
Not really. The cases can be viewed as minimum constraint bounds. Private can obviously not be accessed outside of base class. Both private and protected shouldn't leak for future inheritance.
>>
>>62457977
>private
not inherited at all

the other ones are just min(a,b)

the table is pretty unnecessary, looks like it was made by a pajeet who prefers rote learning as opposed to getting an intuitive feel of the meaning behind the access modifiers
>>
>>62458299
>private, not inherited
Well that's inaccurate. If you inherit private functionality you still store it and may indirectly use it. You just don't touch it from the derived class.
>>
>>62458336
right
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.