[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Dell XPS owners here? I need a gaymen laptop -travel a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: descarga.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Any Dell XPS owners here?

I need a gaymen laptop -travel a lot, game a bit, but use a lot of GPU intensive software for video work- and I'm torn.

XPS
-Amazing screen
-Shitty 1050, wont be able to play games that well

ASUS ROG (idk which)
-went through 2 of them already (g73 and g551, great lapotps)
-mid to shitty screens, which is important to me

Any suggestions?

I need to order today so that I get it before I leave for two months.
>>
There's the Inspiron if you want a GTX 1050 Ti.
>>
>>62444508
I'm more looking for a 1060.

I'm considering the ASUS gl502
>>
Also, why do gaymen laptops have SUCH shittys creens.
>>
>>62444412
The 1050 is not that bad tho
>>
>>62444801
Still for the XPS price... it's seems kind of rough.
>>
>>62444866

You're really paying for the general quality of the laptop, which the XPS certainly excels at.

I have an XPS 15 with a 960, while I don't game on it, the laptop it self is absolutely stellar. You will want to make sure it is a dedicated, standalone GPU. For example, the 960 on the previous gen XPS wasn't. It was this weird co-processor sort of affair that did not have dedicated VRAM available to it.
>>
>>62444909
Yeah, the build and screen look amazing.
>>
>>62444705
My Lenovo Y700 has a good screen.
I think it depends between companies
>>
>>62444909
Seconded, the laptop itself it's great. Top notch.

1050 can get you around most games if you drop settings or res. Not 60 fps of course, but I was able to play Titanfall 2, Nier and Prey on mine.

You will hardly find a more balanced ultrabook with the same specs, you sacrifice battery or screen quality with other brands.
>>
>>62444412
louis rossmanlet made a review for the thinkpad p50 with benchmarks and such, he mentions that it's in that 1k$ range because it's a slightly older model so if you don't quite need the efficiency improvements of kaby lake you could look into that. it might have been the p51 but i've seen video of someone running overwatch off of the quadro in it at max, 1080p
>>
Never fall for the gaymen laptop meme unless you're part of a LAN scene or something

Absolutely never if you travel for work

Get a normal business laptop and a Switch or some other stupid portable and push your video work to the cloud
>>
>>62445142
what if the people he works for don't have the money for a (((cloud))) (haha antisemitism fellow /pol/yps) solution
>>
>>62444412
I have an xps 13 9350. The screen is beautifil, the laptop looks nice, and the SSD is pretty fast, but that's about all that is good about it. The keyboard is terrible and I only get about 5 hours of battery life using arch Linux with i3.
>>
Well, I FOUND THE PERFECT LAPTOP

It's the asus GL503. Sadly, it was announced in computex in june. How long do this things tend to take to come out?

It makes buying a laptop now kind of stupid.

>>62445055
Will check it out

>>62445129
Same

>>62445142
It's not just gaymen. I do 3DCG and after effects work that is GPU heavy. >inb4 quadro cards had bad experiences with them

>>62445216
Nice to know
>>
Can anyone recommend the acer helios 300?
>>
>>62444412
Budget?
>>
>>62445398
Honestly I always buy around the thousand dollar mark.

I'd be willing to spend up to 1400/1500 if the screen is worth it.
>>
Contenders

-GL502
-Acer Vx Nitro 15
-Acer Helios 300
>>
i'm looking for the same but cheaper (lets say $500-$600).

i already have a macbook but id like a strong laptop to play dota 2 at decent framerates.
What should i go for? thinkpad?
>>
>>62445966
you could probably get an expresscard setup with that kind of money (PSU + GPU + PCIe Expresscard expansion + thinkpad of your choosing)
>>
>>62444412

I was lucky and got a XPS 13 two years back (first gen, with the infinity screen) for a great price.

I love this laptop. Does everything I need really fast and I can even play quite a few games without needing a dedicated gpu. (on low - med setting of course for 3d games) Also I am able to use Photoshop and after effects on this just fine.

If you want a GPU and still a small size then Check out some of the asus ultrabooks.
>>
>>62444412
I have the XPS 13 9350 DE with the 1080p screen and an i5-6200U. Surprisingly sturdy (survived a fall from retardation) and okay battery life on Debian + XFCE.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.