[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still running a 2012 original 13" retina MacBook Pro and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Still running a 2012 original 13" retina MacBook Pro and she's still running smooooooth as butter. Just wanted to let you guys know.
>>
>>62440173
>not using raspberry pi as internet browsing machine
>>
>>62440173
>2012
I mean why wouldn't a $1,000+ Laptop from 2012 run well? Kind of a stupid thread OP.
>>
>>62440173
>only 5 years
That's not a lot for a top tier laptop esse...
I have a 2008 XPS m1330 still going strong.
>>
>>62440173
>he doesn't hide that dock when using full screen apps
macfags are dumb retards aren't they?
>>
Still running a 2007 Mac mini with OSX Leopard
>>
>>62440173
I'm still using my desktop that has 233MHz Pentium 2 CPU, GeForce 4 graphics and random intel motherboard. It has 384MB of RAM and Soundblaster AWE 64 as a soundcard. The whole thing runs on Windows 98 Se.

It still runs smooth as butter, just wanted you to know OP.
>>
>>62440173
So do I but it's not that old. I also run an(upgraded) t60 and it still holds up and that's 11 years old
>>
I'm still using my HP laptop god knows which model and runs everything smooth as butter, meanwhile I'm waiting for my new rig to arrive
>>
>>62440173
>goml faggot
Seriously though, you shouldn't be proud that hardware that's only 5 years old is still working correctly.
>>
>>62440173
If I want to buy second hand Macs is the 2013 ones better than 2012?
>>
File: 1497227550267.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1497227550267.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>62441624
>>62440173
>>62440883
>>
I'm still using my late-2013 mbr Pro. It's nowhere close yet to me having to get a new one. Despite having eclipse and IntelliJ open, multiple browsers open, running a java app an 20d RoR app against a database on my laptop with million records it's not even sweating.
>>
>>62441659
>$1000+ late-2013 laptop
>eclipse and IntelliJ open, multiple browsers open, running a java app an 20d RoR app against a database on my laptop with million records
>being impressed by that

This is why mactoddler are universally regarded as clueless technology illiterate morons.
>>
>>62440173
good for you, i hope you're enjoying it although not personally to my tastes i'm glad you found a product that works for you.
have a nice day, anon.
>>
>>62441624
I'd say go with mid 2012. Most parts are upgradeable/replaceable and the performance improvement for the 2013 model is not really worth it.
>>
My x220 is older.......................

........and faster

L.O.L.!!!
>>
>>62440173
>Only 5 years
Ok
>>
>>62442187
lmfao xD
>>
>>62440431
It's not full screen
>>
>>62440173
Rocking that 800MHz egg-fryer, right?
>>
>>62440173
I'm attempting to make a backup image as a first time Apple/macOS user, atm. And as a brand new adopter... it feels shitty knowing and having to deal with this fucking flagship device only having USB-C ports and nothing else. What the hell were they thinking?

You should see the little ghetto rig I have to use to pull off something as simple as backing up...
I'm getting by with a chinkshit $15 USB A to C hub/adapter, and a 7 year old SATA Wire to USB A connector that hooks to an old ass 250gb Crucial SSD I picked up years ago for my storage drive

The problem is I'm not sure if the SATA-USB cable is rated for USB 2.0 or 3.0 speeds, (the USB """adapter hub""" can handle 3.0 supposedly), but I keep experiencing intermittent freezing and massive slow downs in read/write.... not to mention this causing my WiFi to fuck up and unable to connect to the internet because the macbook can't handle certain USB drives plugged in simultaneously(maybe it's drawing too much power?), idfk

I'm like a poorfag cuck sitting here with this ghetto ass, spaghettified shit-rig for a workaround
>yet, regardless of all these issues... i feel this laptop is the comfiest, most aesthetically pleasing... well-made, simplistically functional experience one could have and purchase in today's market
all those plastic Winblows """Lenovo""" Thinkpads and poorly-designed macbook clones can't compete in the year 2017, tbqh famalam
>>
File: 1489683473989.jpg (25KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1489683473989.jpg
25KB, 536x536px
>>62442510
>>yet, regardless of all these issues

The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddler delusion.
>>
I don't want to start a holy war here, but what is the deal with you Mac fanatics? I've been sitting here at my freelance gig in front of a Mac (a 8600/300 w/64 Megs of RAM) for about 20 minutes now while it attempts to copy a 17 Meg file from one folder on the hard drive to another folder. 20 minutes. At home, on my Pentium Pro 200 running NT 4, which by all standards should be a lot slower than this Mac, the same operation would take about 2 minutes. If that.

In addition, during this file transfer, Netscape will not work. And everything else has ground to a halt. Even BBEdit Lite is straining to keep up as I type this.

I won't bore you with the laundry list of other problems that I've encountered while working on various Macs, but suffice it to say there have been many, not the least of which is I've never seen a Mac that has run faster than its Wintel counterpart, despite the Macs' faster chip architecture. My 486/66 with 8 megs of ram runs faster than this 300 mhz machine at times. From a productivity standpoint, I don't get how people can claim that the Macintosh is a superior machine.

Mac addicts, flame me if you'd like, but I'd rather hear some intelligent reasons why anyone would choose to use a Mac over other faster, cheaper, more stable systems.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.