[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could Apple fall from this to selling standard x86-hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: apple_unix_ad-s.jpg (204KB, 1317x801px) Image search: [Google]
apple_unix_ad-s.jpg
204KB, 1317x801px
How could Apple fall from this to selling standard x86-hardware in thinshit cases for massive markups where the hottest new feature is a touch screen for entering emojis?
>>
macOS is still a usable Unix environment for those who need it. They've just dumbed it down because the web gave very stupid people better access to technology.
>>
>>62426630
The same way they sell mediocre ARM phones with standard parts from other manufacturers for flag ship prices where the hottest new feature is stealing biomerics and recognizing emotions to manipulate consumers
>>
>>62426630
Apple has very good marketing and idiots that will buy.
>>
>>62426630
>tfw no PowerBook G5
>>
File: applel.png (18KB, 501x348px) Image search: [Google]
applel.png
18KB, 501x348px
>fall from this
But it was always a shitty company.
>>
>>62426691
The older versions where actually better.
>>
>>62426630
>bringing up actual good Apple hardware from times gone by
>just so neo-/g/ can shit on it
Why OP? WHY?
>>
>>62427417
The actual OS remains more or less identical
The only bad thing about Macbooks is that they're clearly overpriced considering their hardware. The OS itself is really good.
>>
>>62427399
Apple III was gimped from the start.
The II line and IIgs where great machines, specially compared to 68k Macintoshes of _the time_ , but they had no future when compared to Macintoshes in a normie market.
The latter 68k Macintoshes where still God tier machines. So where the latter PowerPC machines.
>>
>>62427472
If you ask me, both the OS and hardware have gone downhill, it was much better around 2010-2013 as far as macOS / OS X goes and their portable hardware like MacBook Pro's.

Hardware has gone down without an argument, OS I might agree, isn't as much of a problem, still I find older versions when they where new where much better in general, not the underlaying OS in them.
>>
>>62426630
To be fair they're still just freebsd under the hood.
I would much rather use it than windows, and it's compatible with my other linux computers and sftp server.
The main selling point to me is the 12 hours of battery life and the fact that I don't need to dual boot windows to run shit like examsoft.
The option still exists though, and fedora ran ootb on my air
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.