[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone, Back in highs school i made a joke "fut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Hello everyone,
Back in highs school i made a joke "future careers" powerpoint presentation that my teacher at the time has and still has uploaded on her website. My legal name is one of a kind so you'll find it right away by googling it. It appears quite a few sites have scraped it off my teacher's website and has it hosted on their own. These websites are myslide.es, slideplayer.com, documents.tips and a few others.
I'd like the slide removed from these sites as it is not professional at all and can look bad for employment. How do i go about contacting these websites to get my content removed? I probably have the wrong phrase but can i submit a DMCA complaint? How do i go about doing this?
I think I'd have to lie somehow and say my life is in danger or something like that to get the webmasters to comply with my request. Any advice or tips from other privacy conscious people? I would very much appreciate it!
>>
Why would an employer care about obvious high school bullshit?
>>
>>62415411
Realistically they wouldn't but every little bit counts for me (autism). If i could do it with relative ease I want to. If i can't then it's no big deal.
>>
>>62415455
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>62415542
I'm not worried but I still want to get it done.
>>
>>62415373
its not going to matter the least bit, even if it was somehow brought up, just lie and say it wasnt you. as unique as your name may be, someone else probably shares it.
>>
>>62415712
Trust me on this one. I'm a dune coon with a super long foreign name. Nobody in the world has it and every single google hit leads back to me.
>>
>>62415735
well, unless you decided to copyright your school work, all you can do is ask politely for them to take it down or at least remove your name. of course you have no proof and it probably wont happen. just forget about it and move on.
>>
>>62415823
99.9999999% of the time the school holds the copyright to all works made on school property, with school resources, or submitted as school projects. If you are in school, they own your ass. It's under the same overreaching authority the use to claim disciplinary jurisdiction over you even while you're walking to/from school.
>>
Email your teacher and ask them to remove it
>>
>>62415640
>I'm not worried
Yes you are. Get over it.
>>
>>62416064
I care but I'm not sweating bullets over it.
>>
>>62415373
NIBBA PROVIDE LINK

you can't expect us to help you without getting some keks in return.
>>
>>62417020
Nice try but that will just create another trail. Believe me, I would if I could.
>>
>>62415712
>as unique as your name may be, someone else probably shares it.
Not OP, but I've verified that I am the only person with my name.

Googling my name in quotes returns 2 pages of results on Google.
After I cleaned up stuff from middle and high school, the only thing left in the results were the phonebook websites and some Linux kernel email distribution mirrors from a merge request I made.

It fucking sucks. On one hand, I get all of the emails and domain names I want.
But that means literally anything on the public internet associated with my real name is very easily findable.
>>
>>62417464
OP here, yeah man I'm on the same boat as you and it seems we share concerns. How'd you go about removing the google hits? Did you contact the websites themselves or google?
>>
>>62415373
they're not gonna care, something similar happened to me and I still got a job
they probably don't even have time to google your name
>>
>>62417512
I had 1 teacher from middle school post an assignment I did on his personal blog.
It went away after a few years. Since search results are ranked largely based on number of clicks, I assume if nobody clicks a particular link for a long time, it gets delisted. Or the site just went down. Not sure.

The rest were things that I had posted (really old MySpace profile from 8th grade, complete with my rad HTML skills), some forum accounts I had with my name, things like that.
For those, I went through the account recovery process and either deleted the account or edited them to remove my name.

It took a few months for the Google bots to reindex those pages, so results aren't immediate.

Your best bet is to shoot an email to whoever runs the site and level with them. Say you're cleaning up your Google results, and ask if they can remove it.
Usually [email protected] or [email protected] will go to a webmaster.
>>
Just think of the stupid shit normies say on their facebook. You think some jokey presentation you made in high school will disqualify you?
>>
Which country? Pls say Iraq.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.