[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samsung Pay is God tier. Why would I ever gamble if the reader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Samsung Pay is God tier. Why would I ever gamble if the reader will accept NFC when Samsung pay will work literally anywhere.
Google and Apple just need to accept this fact and switch from pure NFC to include MST as well.

I don't care if costs them $100 a phone to include it. Samsung has literally reinvented the wheel.
Phones without it will always be stunted and inferior.
>>
File: 1463613860560.jpg (76KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463613860560.jpg
76KB, 800x450px
Damn shill threads

>live in Canada
>tap to pay terminals everywhere
>pay with phone trend already wearing off before it even kicked off
>people already realized it's easier to quickly pull a card out instead of your phone
>>
>>62386763
>Easier

You ain't thinking bug enough. It's easier to not carry a wallet at all.
That Samsung's future.
>>
>>62387010
Just needs to be able to unlock your car, your home, ID you and stab people then
>>
>>62387058
>Tesla
>Smart home
>???
>Throw it at them
>>
>>62387010
That's beyond retarded

Are you going to store your driver's license and health card in there as well?
What about when you need to make a purchase over $100-150?

What if something happens to your phone? If you drop your wallet you just pick it back up, but if you drop your phone it'll shatter
>>
File: 1505097823155.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1505097823155.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
>>62387212
>he hasn't been implanted with a subcutaneous id chip
>>
File: 1477046348496.png (2MB, 10000x5625px) Image search: [Google]
1477046348496.png
2MB, 10000x5625px
>>62387182
>want to enter my home
>unlocking the door requires running non-free javascript
>tfw the botnet wants me to be homeless
>>
>>62386643
>>62386763
Even tap cards are fucking dumb, because you either need an RFID safe wallet or an RFID sleeve for your card. Chip insertion or bust.
>>
>>62387806
lol no you don't that's just fear mongering. The card only activates when it's within a couple centimetres of a terminal with nothing in between them
Even if someone were to grab you ass to get close enough to your card to scan it, nothing would happen because it's encrypted and and goes both way, it'll only send part of the card's information to the bank's servers to verify it during a real transaction

Gotta love it when Amerilards apply magstrip logic to new technology
>>
>>62386643
I don't even know if I've ever seen this shit in burgerland. Our system is so fucking backwards here.
>>
>>62388002
All of that is reliant on trusting there to be no exploits. Physical security will always be the ultimate security.
>>
>>62388338
So cash then.

I'll trade just the slightest bit of security for convenience.
if we had it your way, we'd still be carrying around sacks of gold coins because paper money is slightly more counterfitable.
>>
>>62388338
God you're stupid. They're designed in a way where it's literally impossible to get any relevant information out of the card through RFID

You'd have to gain access to the bank's and credit card company's systems if you want the card information. Worst case scenario that does happen, it's not your money it's the bank's. Just be smart and read over your bank statements. Banks will dismiss the fees, give you a new card with a new number, and launch their own investigation

Or do Americans not have those civil liberties?
>>
>>62388634
>muh murrica
>muh murrica
When the retarded slobbering Euro with a hateboner can't identify a Canadian
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.