[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a friend is wants to sell me a apple laptop mid 2015

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: yvw3cpe02oxy.jpg (45KB, 724x646px) Image search: [Google]
yvw3cpe02oxy.jpg
45KB, 724x646px
So I got a friend is wants to sell me a apple laptop mid 2015 i7 retina laptop for 500. Should I take it? So how is OSX, coming from a Linux background?
>>
Sounds fishy. Are you sure it's not broken?
>>
>>62385513
Depends on if you have use for it. I've always enjoyed my time on macos if I can find hardware for cheap enough
>>
>>62385585
Nah he showed me it working and everything. He is graduating soon and wants the newest model of the macbook pro with his student discount before he does. I told him that there are basically no legacy ports on the new ones, but he really doesn't care.
>>
>>62385587
I am currently working as a software developer and am a minority in not owning a mac. People keep telling me that it is great for coding so I might jump on it.

I mostly work in python and ruby b4 anyone asks.
>>
>>62385513
You should be able to install GNU/Linux if you don't like macOS.
>>
It gets a bit hot when doing demanding stuff so don't keep it on your lap. Has a nice screen but I'm not keen on OSX, you can triple boot GNU/Linux, Windows and OSX if you want on it.
>>
>>62385513
TAKE IT. You can put Linux on it.
Can't say much about macos. Used it a little, but couldn't get used to gestures, topbar behavior and other shit.
>>
>>62385513
That's a steal, take it!
(Give it back Jamal, etc etc)
>>
>>62385513
Assuming it's not stolen and still works, you'll either like it, as most people who own macbooks do, or you'll hate it and be able to sell it on ebay for at least $800.

not trying to flame. macbooks have stupidly high customer satisfaction ratings.
>>
>>62385513
Imagine if somebody took xubuntu and skinned in the worst possible way and you can never change it and that is osx.

otherwise it is fine
>>
>>62389632
>wanting to change UI stuff
pointless
>>
>>62389744
do you have stockholm syndrome or autism
>>
>>62385513
Get used to paying for everything you don't usually pay for
>>
>>62385779
>He is graduating soon and wants the newest model of the macbook pro

But that is basically the same technology as the 2015 computer that he's selling. Have he even looked at the specs? apple havent updated the hardware much
>>
>>62390505
His logic is that he wants the best top of the line laptop when he graduates so he wouldn't need to upgrade anytime soon when he gets/waits for a job.
>>
Imo it's the best laptop ever, and definitely at that price.
The 2015 rMBP is the last model to have standard USB ports, HDMI, MagSafe, an SD card slot, and a good keyboard & trackpad.
Linux is well supported, MacOS is great as a programming environment, much, much better than Windows.
Triplebooting Linux, MacOS, and Windows is easy.
>>
>>62385513
That's good desu, just run tests on it especially the battery
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.