[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wonder why my new laptop is underperforming in games at 1080p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: speccy.png (93KB, 825x655px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
93KB, 825x655px
>wonder why my new laptop is underperforming in games at 1080p
>do a speccy
>see results

they only gave me 1 stick of 16gb of slow ram

why do these companies get away with advertising like this

thinking of returning it

buying some new ram is like 150

also ignore the motherboard temp, i left speccy running for like an hour
>>
>2200mhz
>Thinks it makes his gaymen laggy
Nu/g/ everyone
>>
>>62377501
He has less than half of average memory performance of the typical low end system, so it could be. His performance is even shit compared to old ~2009 gaming systems.
>>
The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>62377501
you got me there

but you are missing the bigger point: 1 stick of ram

cpu performance is lowered due to just a single stick (single channel)

this anon >>62377553
gets it

even though i expected slow ram i thoughtit was going to be dual channel not just a single stick

i'm tired of being fucked over by sly advertising

>>62377564
not the thread for this
>>
I have a similar laptop to yours with an older gpu that came with 1 8gb ram in single channel, didn't really effect performance when I topped it off to 16gb. The choke point on my laptop is the same as it is in most laptops when it comes to pushing hardware to play modern games: Thermal throttling of the CPU.
>>
>>62377593
i don't have an issues with thermal throttling, i'm not running particualrly demanding games, but games where 60fps with no dips or dropped frames should be expected med/1080p

my issues are primarily related to bad memory performance in my experience

what processor do you have, the one i have is an i7 7700hq
>>
>>62377635
mine is i7 4720hq, gpu is 960m. i don't play demanding games very often, but fps titles in 1080p like CS:GO my cpu gets hot pretty fast, and i believe the throttling occurs at precisely 85c. Runs about 65c for LoL and 39ish just doing nothing. I don't know much about RAM desu but i was also shocked to find that my 8gb ram laptop didn't have two 4gb sticks bc i thought dual channel was basically mandatory
>>
>gtx 1050
>>
>>62379536
found the real problem right here. OP, your ram has nothing to do with it. Your shitty graphics card is letting you down harder than any other part of your PC.
>>
>>62377475
Honestly it is probably that GTX1050.
>>
>>62377475
Single vs dual is only going to make a significant difference running off the iGPU. It isn't going to make that 1050 magically not shit.
>>
My desktop only has one stick while I wait for an RMA on the other, runs perfectly at 1440p 165Hz
>>
>>62377564
Probably because you only use it for Facebook

>>62379536
It's not bad for gaming. OP should be doing fine if I am with my A6-5400K RX 560 4GB 1333 DDR3
>Basically half the speed of his RAM
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.