[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equifax blames open-source software for its record-breaking security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: linux is dead.jpg (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
linux is dead.jpg
6KB, 128x128px
Is this the final nail in the open source coffin?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/equifax-blames-open-source-software-for-its-record-breaking-security-breach/
>>
No, not really.
>>
>>62376927
The musician blames open source software, yeah right
>>
>write shit software
>blame Apache
You're fired
>>
>>62376927
The next time someone asks me for my Social Security Number, birthdate, credit card number, or, for that matter, my mother's maiden name in order to give me information or access, I'll know that they're insecure.
This info is now essentially public domain and searchable, at least to whomever did the hack, or their customers and bosses.
Asking people to "change their ID" or check all their accounts all the time is not the answer. If your bank put its money out on the street, and asked all their customers to drive by and check all the time, they'd be out of money and customers pretty quick.
It's long past time for security to grow up. An identifier isn't a password. One is unique and the other is secret. The confusion was barely forgivable when "ID" referred to a hard-to-forge card with a picture and a number. No longer.
Nowadays they are about as secure as a bow-tie.
>>
>>62377024
the vulnerability isn't in anything written by equifax retard
>>
"We need to improve diversity in leadership roles!"

>Hire a masters in Music Composition to be CISO of Equifax. YAAAAAAS!

"Oh shit, someone just pwned Equifax and stole all your SSNs."

>Fuuuuuu
>Equifax is a shit
>Equifax dinged me for returning a library book late!
>I really F'in hate Equifax because I'm irresponsible with my money!!
>>
>>62377059
Yeah sure thing, Mr musician major
>>
>>62376927
>Hiring a liberal arts major into STEM
>Company finished and bankrupt
>Starts playing the blame game
Fuck this gay planet
>>
>uses open source software
>doesn't check the source for vulnerabilities

kek
>>
>>62376927
>Is this the final nail in the open source coffin?
Did you even read the article?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.