[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, what is the difference between the terms "developer"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

/g/, what is the difference between the terms "developer" and "engineer"?

Everyone seems to have a differing opinion. What skills does one have that the other doesn't?
>>
>>62374886
The title.

That's it.
>>
Software developers use C. Software engineers use Java.
>>
>>62374886
You call yourself an engineer when you're talking to hoes.
>>
>>62374900
Who gets the title, though?
>>62374930
>encouraging hoes to gold dig.
>>
>>62374906
Nope, developer here. Using java.

In my experience engineers and architects seem to be similarly used to refer to people designing in-house utilities, tools, frameworks, and the like and sort of lead teams that implement them under their guidance.
>>
File: nvidia_amd_intel.jpg (72KB, 311x1047px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia_amd_intel.jpg
72KB, 311x1047px
>>62374886

Software Engineer: Typically, someone who does not have an actual engineering degree.

Dr. Dre: Someone who has a Doctorate in pimpin'

So you see, Dr. Dre has an even more legitimate title than most "Software Engineers"
>>
>>62374886
The difference is that Stacy working as a cashier is clueless about what is "software" and "developer". However, when she hears "engineer" that translates to money in her head and will instantly offer her pussy to you.
>>
Engineers have masters, anyone below it is an "engineer"
>>
>>62374886
>tfw majoring in gender engineering
>>
Developer = IQ sub 130
Engineer = IQ of 130 and higher
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.