[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad eBay experiences? Someone just sent me this and I cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

File: retard.jpg (21KB, 414x386px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
21KB, 414x386px
Bad eBay experiences?

Someone just sent me this and I cant stop laughing.
>>
ive sold 12k worth of shit i wanted to get rid of on ebay and i dont like it

10% ebay fee AND they pander to the buyer so hard even if you say no returns they can find a TINY flaw with the product and you HAVE to give them a refund
>>
>>62373512
they will literally just take the money from your paypal
>>
2/3 purchases on ebay were scams

I really don't trust anything on there. Ebay needs to operate as a middleman, I forget what it's called, where they hold the seller's product, verify the seller's product, and then accept the money from the buyer

That offloads all issues that people have with ebay being a pain in the ass with scams on both sides, but it would cost a lot more money and not give ebay much return on it so it's no wonder they don't
>>
>>62373543
escrow?
also, no.
>>
>>62373488
>>62373488
Users buying cheap CPUs (6 €) from me with free shipping expecting that I ship with insurance (Which is 6,99 €) here.
>>62373516
I don't do Paypal. If people don't trust me, they can visit me and pay with cash, but I only do this with expensive graphics cards.
>>
>>62373721
ok well ebay only uses paypal
>>
>>62373580
Consignment.
>>
>>62373721
Another thing, I sold a high density DDR3 module, a retarded German bought it for his Intel system. He told me I have to take it back and it is my fault. The module worked, but only on AMD systems. I recommended him to read carefully before buying something, because I wrote it three times including the title.
>>
File: 1421720433883.webm (3MB, 720x686px) Image search: [Google]
1421720433883.webm
3MB, 720x686px
>bought argan oil
>lost in the mail.txt
>hey guys I no get package
>sends off another package
>acquire two bottles of argan oil

love when company has good products and customer service
>>
File: 1504647394221.jpg (46KB, 600x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504647394221.jpg
46KB, 600x562px
Does anyone use gumtree, shpock or facebook market?

Thinking of getting into it because of eJews huge 15% fees plus paypal's fees
>>
>>62373811
I like the new paypal feature. can xfer money from paypal to bank acc instantly. pretty dope,

ebay community is pretty good. like when you get handwritten notes saying thanks for buying their product
>>
Put a bid on a somewhat dodgy GPU and won by accident and he won't let my reject my bid. I don't want to waste 50 bucks on it. Can I maybe pay for and when it mostly likely DOA make a fuss to eBay to get my refund?
>>
File: image_1505173325.jpg (173KB, 1080x1680px) Image search: [Google]
image_1505173325.jpg
173KB, 1080x1680px
Just got finished closing my account amd cancelling subscriptions taken out after my account was stolen. Probably related to equifax bullshit. Someone opened an Anchor Store subscription on my account for $1000 and was using it to sell iPhone cases. I didnt know until this weekend because I never log into Google since Ive gone full freetard
>tfw the botnet wants my account to be compromised
>>
File: 1503837475609.jpg (23KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1503837475609.jpg
23KB, 308x326px
I did a preorder scam and someone sent me a message implying they were a cop and giving me, "one last warning"

lmao

i never refunded
>>
>>62373864
just accept that its your fault and try to learn from this experience.
give him the money and take the card and the lesson.
>>
>>62373868
use 2 factor authentication on a burner sim
>>
>>62373864
complain to ebay and say you meant to bid $5
>>
File: hmph.jpg (241KB, 788x804px) Image search: [Google]
hmph.jpg
241KB, 788x804px
Everybody's a fucking scammer. I shouldn't have to thoroughly inspect every item I buy. Over half my purchases I return or dispute because the seller tries to pull a fast one.

Most recently, I bought a PSP replacement front plate. Seller was from Michigan, had good reviews and shit, only problem was the item only had stock photos, but considering it was listed as brand new and they were selling many of them, I figured it was legit. The faceplate arrived and I opened it to find the screen scratched to shit, worse than the one I was intending to replace. Sent a message saying what the fuck, and they sent a bullshut message saying "weird, that's never happened before." My ass. They gave me the refund probably because they knew it would be an easy dispute in my favor, but good god what did they think would happen?
>>
>>62373788
>buy necklace
>seller ships via container from europe
>3 months pass, still hasn't arrived
>seller resends
>another 2 months pass
>finally get necklace
>a week later get second necklace

I would've honestly preferred the $15 air shipping charge over doing this by container tbqh
>>
>>62374338
Who was the necklace for anonymous?
>>
>>62374351
myself
>>
>>62373868
>was using it to sell iPhone cases.
That's pretty odd
>>
>>62373864
underage gtfo
>>
File: 1504571790102.jpg (199KB, 960x835px) Image search: [Google]
1504571790102.jpg
199KB, 960x835px
>sell ps3
>buyer has 0 feedback but has already paid
>buyer wants it upgrading to modded firmware
>ok.jpg
>spams my inbox with 50 questions about console
>wants to pay 24 hour delivery which i dont offer
>but do it anyway
>can i pay by bank transfer
>fuckssake
>buyer gets item
>gets himself banned from psn
>wants full refund including his original postage cost
>read ebay terms which say i dont have to oblige to refunding 20 quid postage
>buyer gets mad
>says he has found my facebook and is going to "leave hundreds of bad feedback on my account"
>unless i buy him a new console id
>tell him he cant do that unless he buys more things from me
>i have hundreds of 100% feedback so tell him leave bad feedback and to return it and i will pay post
>buyer gets madder and tells me he has my facebook
>starts threatening me over ebay chat

what do?
>>
>>62374685
String him along
>>
>>62374685
Tell him to go fuck himself. Not your issue. If the console still works you don't really have any obligation to take it back
>>
>never had a bad experience buying on eBay
now i'm paranoid that next time I'll get scammed.
>>
>>62374765
because you probably use good sense, keep doing that and you will be fine. ESPECIALLY as a buyer you're safe.
>>
>>62373543
Maybe next time don't buy from americans or jews.

I have 15 transactions and so far everything has been pretty well. No problem, no needs to send any message to the seller, no nothing.
>>
>buy something from 100% positive feedback seller
>three days pass
>won't ship
>message on eBay
>no response
>three days pass
>message again
>three days pass
>e-mail the address associated with PayPal
>no response yet

Do I have to go to PayPal arbitration?
>>
>>62374833
You should
>>
>>62374305
Oh, what a cute image.
>>
>>62374685
Send him a link to Sony's support page.
>>
>Buy a brand new, high spec t440p from ebay with quadcore i7, advertised with 3years warranty
>Get it, check lenovo it checks out
>Couple months go by, screen starts to get green lines in it
>Check warranty status on lenovo
>Out of warranty
>Message ebay seller, they tell me I should've contacted them within 45 days of sale
>End up going back and forth with lenovo and someone from lenovo finally tells me the extended warranty was transferred to another device
>Check ebay store
>Another t440p is listed with 3year warranty
>Report them on ebay
>1 year later and still nothing has been done
>Have hundreds of emails and phone calls going back and forth between lenovo and ebay with nothing achieved other than finding out the facts
>>
File: Dense.png (832KB, 600x814px) Image search: [Google]
Dense.png
832KB, 600x814px
>sell watch on eBay
>nothing particularly interesting, something I found in a box, sold it for $20
>get paid, ship it out
>week later, bitch wants a refund
>because it didn't look like the one in the pictures THAT I TOOK MYSELF
>mffw
>eBay goes to ridiculous lengths to protect the buyer
>forced to give refund
>mfw lose $20 over some fucking white trash cunt who wanted a free shit watch

on the other hand, chink buyers seem to care more about their reputation than anything

>buy HDMI to VGA adapter because I had a shit monitor at the time
>all the other adapters look different than the one I bought
>it comes, doesn't work no matter how I hook it up
>pry it open, literally nothing more than a couple wires connected between the two ports with no board/chip/adapter of any kind
>chinked.jpg
>send buy angery message
>they freak out and tell me to keep the item and give me a full refund
>ok.xbe

I did have one experience though where I felt like a shitty human being though

>buying drive bay covers to keep case aesthetic
>only ones are from some Greek guy
>buy it, wait
>and wait
>and wait
>doesn't come
>file eBay claim day after the last day it was supposed to show up
>Greek guy gets pissed, berates for not being patient
>package comes day after I filed the claim
>realize I got pissed at some hardworking Greek over pieces of plastic
>feel like shit
>>
I buy a bunch of cheap Chinese shit like switches and service and the like. If I sell anything it's exclusively no returns and as soon as the payment clears i move it to my bank account.
>>
>>62374833
open an eBay claim, they'll cover your ass guarenteed
>>
>>62374888
Are you a little mad?
>>
File: 1449929287192.jpg (28KB, 407x461px) Image search: [Google]
1449929287192.jpg
28KB, 407x461px
I've sold professionally and personally on eBay and it's not THAT bad. eBay prefers if you, the seller, takes care of the customer from start to finish. If the customer requests arbitration from eBay, chances are, they'll side with the customer if you let things get out of hand. The best way to protect your assets is to simply communicate with the customer and offer several attempts to resolve the issue. These offers can be partial reimbursements, replacement items/parts a full refund upon return of the item, or have them keep the item and issue a full return.

Obviously, the latter of the 4 are shit if you're selling personally. They want to see you attempting to resolve the customer complaint. If the customer is belligerent or rude, this plays in your favor as long as you remain professional. If the customer opens up a case, an arbitrator will investigate your communications, your original listing and photos to see if your listing was done in good faith or if there's ANY room for misrepresentation on your part; i.e several of your photos contain an item, but was not shipped and has no information regarding the included items.

If you're in the right, you'll win and any negative feedback or ratings will be removed (make sure you ask). If you're wrong, well then good luck getting your shit back lmao.
>>
File: 1503691501463.png (144KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503691501463.png
144KB, 394x360px
>Buy LCD panel for laptop
>Arrives smashed
>Seller sends out another, arrives smashed
>Seller sends another, arrives smashed
>Seller now thinks I am trying to rip him off
>Buy another one
>Arrives smashed
>Buy another one from a different seller
>Arrives smashed
>Buy another one from a different seller and explicitly ask him to pack it in a box with a lot of padding
>Get my item in box
>excitement
>open it up
>hole in the middle of the screen
>something thin has been stabbed right through the box that went straight through the screen
>wtf
>order one more screen
>arrives smashed
>Order one from amazon seller
>Arrives smashed
>wtf
>order one from laptopmonitors
>arrives smashed
>order one from aliexpress
>arrives smashed
>one day I am in the city having coffee with a friend
>across the road i see this parcel truck
>employees are just throwing all the packages in the back
>one of them grabs a box with a red fragile sticker and kicks it into the back and laughs
>>
>>62375037
Super Smash Bros. Moving Company?
>>
>>62374762
but he has got it banned and insists it was banned when it arrived and will make ebay force a return unless I buy him a new console id

>>62374883
fucking kek

>>62374741
not sure it will make him go away
>>
>>62374810
Actually, the only good purchase was from an american

It was the estonian and polish guys who scammed me
>>
>>62375037
fucking TRIGGERED
srs tho you should've recorded that dude and gotten him fired.
>>
>>62375037
I can believe this. I used to work at a distribution center and our hourly "throwing rate" was so high, we couldn't possibly take the time to be careful with items. There were days where I'd have to literally throw tv's onto a conveyor from 8 feet away, for hours.
>>
>>62375216
>srs tho you should've recorded that dude and gotten him fired.

Used to work at UPS. They made me sign a paper that said I was legally obligated not to throw packages, then immediately assigned me to a position that consists entirely of slinging packages.
>>
>>62375037
its because people want cheap delivery so delivery companies hire fewer people andput more pressure on existing workers to shift packages quicker
>>
>>62375355
yepp brother worked for them briefly, he always had this saying to package something as if it were to be thrown at a brick wall as hard as you can throw it and only then will it survive shipping. had a friend who bought an msi gaming laptop from amazon and it arrived squished as if a loading pellet had been sat directly on it. i guess all the workers just do it all as fast as possible
>>
>>62375037
haha cuck
>>
>>62375407
I unloaded several boxes from our delivery truck marked "fragile"(TVs, glassware, PCs, etc.) with boot prints on them. Also once left 6 55" TVs on a loading dock in a rainstorm, waiting for a delivery truck.
>>
>buy "new" heatsink + "genuine" thermal pads for dell laptop
>item is clearly used and the thermal pads were too thick

To be fair he did take them back and give a refund but it did waste so much time, ended up going with some artic thermal pads that were more like the original.
>>
>>62375037
10/10
>>
File: 23.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
55KB, 300x300px
>>62375037
>>62375407
>>62375355

Ok, I am genuinely scared now. I was thinking about buying a brand new ThinkPad carbon from eBay.

I don't want something like this to happen to me, m-maybe it's all a coincidence?
>>
>>62373864
Don't bid on shit if you don't want it asshole.
>>
Look at the "eBay Feedback" chapter.
http://www.phonelosers.org/media/book/phone-losers-of-america.pdf
>>
Maybe eBay is shit when it comes to buy technology, specially used tech?

Because at least in my case, I never had a problem buying stuff related to my non-technology related niche. even sellers of used stuff are very professional and honest.
>>
>>62374888
just replace the screen yourself holy shit it's not that hard
>>
>>62373488
After years of being afraid of getting scammed, I took the ebay pill. I've been ordering tonnes of shit from it like my Thinkpad, replacement parts for the thinkpad, clothes, and peripherals and I can't say I've ever been disappointed. I look at the pictures carefully, thoroughly read through the descriptions, and check to make sure the seller has a good feedback and I've never had an issue.

Tbqh, unless someone is not sending you your package or blatently posts a false picture, it's on you. Except for that one chink that sent me the ultrabay. They used a tiny plastic baggie that wouldn't close shut and I happened to open it upside down and have the tiny lil screws spill out everywhere and get lost under my radiators. Fuck you.
>>
>>62374338
An extra necklace. Not too shabby.
>>
>only 80 characters to leave feedback
I can understand the rationale, but I need more characters to tell the seller he licked my asshole good.
>>
File: fgggg.png (31KB, 937x114px) Image search: [Google]
fgggg.png
31KB, 937x114px
>>62375560
fucking kek
>>
>>62376003
Excellent post, AAA++++++++++++++++++
>>
>>62376029
>pay by paypal
>Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++.
>Thanks for your purchase & QUICK PAYMENT! Totally preferred customer! A++++++
>Prompt payment, valued customer, and highly recommended.
Kino.
>>
>>62376029
only AAA++++++++++++++++++? you're pathetic mate, poor post. he was EASILY an AAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>>62376068
>not AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>That moment when the seller gives you positive feedback recommending others to do business with you.
>>
>>62373488

Few
years ago I bought used Elitebook

Half screws base missing, missing screen hinge screws so it wobbled

I'm a cuck so
bought new screws and left the seller a neutral comment.

Other than
that pretty much
this >>62375943
>>
>>62375037
Blame the greedy delivery companies. I worked in a shipping warehouse once, and typically you have one person in charge of two to three zip codes, so when you have a ton of packages on the belt stuff will get thrown.
>>
I steal digital codes for games. It's against the rules to sell them on ebay so I just say I never received the item and ebay always gives me my money back
>>
File: tumblr_lveuu02WyG1qbcq69.gif (353KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lveuu02WyG1qbcq69.gif
353KB, 250x141px
>100% positive feedback over dozens of transactions
>suddenly banned permanently without warning or reason
>support essentially tells me to go fuck myself
>I now have to literally fake an identity in order to sell on the site, the only site worth a damn for obscure items
>mfw they're sending my fake accounts to collections because I refuse to pay their fees after their bullshit
Get fucked bitches.
>>
>>62377200
how do you avoid the fees?
doesnt paypal just debit them anyway?

how do you even sell with no feedback?
>>
>>62377102
How often do you do this? You'd think after the third or fourth time eBay would get suspicious.
>>
>>62377291
they want to keep up the image of ebay being a safe non scammy place

unfortunately this just alienates their sellers so much that they dont sell on the site anymore
>>
>>62377291
Technically I'm not doing anything wrong. You cannot sell codes and send them via PM or email. You have to physically send something. I did not receive anything in the mail, so I got a refund. It's entirely their fault for breaking the rules of ebay for a quick buck
>>
>>62373728
Well in the UK you can get

E-cheque
Credit payment
Bank transfer.
>>
>>62377266
Don't set up auto payment, or remove it, and don't pay it. Easy.

Smart buyers realize feedback doesn't mean shit because ultimately the policies are always in the buyer's favor regardless, yet another reason Ebay can go fuck themselves. See >>62377329
>>
>>62373488
>selling on ebay
Buying on ebay is great, thanks to ebay & paypal's buyer protection.
I sell old crap on craigslist, worth pricing slightly below ebay to avoid the hassle with returns
>>
>>62377357
how do you transfer the money without paypal coming for you?
>>
>>62374765
It's impossible to get scammed as a buyer on Ebay. They automatically favor the buyer for all disputes. Ebay is a piece of shit company. Fuck them.
>>
I was selling a mint iPhone for my dad and some guy from Texas messaged me, calling me a dumb fuck for having the price too high. I replied with some burger insults, and he said he worked in the Secret Service protecting George Bush (who was president at the time) and he would have me investigated. I pointed out I was in Canada, and laughed at the faggot. 20 mins later I get a bit from another account from his town in Texas. Tell him to fuck off again and never hear from him.

Another time I bought a Nokia N95...got chinked, cause it was a counterfeit phone. Seller refused to refund, so made a PayPal dispute. PayPal said I needed to find a phone seller that would certify it was counterfeit. So jumped through those hoops, and got a connection, managed to get a letter from a friend of a friend that worked for a phone reseller. PayPal agrees to refund, but I have to send the phone to their office. Ship it out, and it gets lost in the mail. Didn't get more than default $100 insurance so I lost $200 and the phone.
>>
>>62377600
>Another time I bought a Nokia N95...got chinked, cause it was a counterfeit phone. Seller refused to refund, so made a PayPal dispute.

Next time just open a case through ebay and nitpick something in the description. Scratch on the screen, for example, that wasn't listed. Or if it's listed as brand new say the seal was opened or the packaging was damaged.
>>
>>62375869
You talk like the panel is free nigger.
>>
>>62375037
It is normal, I used to work in post not in delivery and I saw a lot of guys how they kick the shit out of packages with colis fragile sticker. Older colleague told me that they mostly kick the shit out the packages with colis fragile sticker.
>>
The buyer protection on eBay is ridiculous.
I sold a gtx780ti for a good price.
Dude tried to send it back because it had a scratch on the waterblock.

Then I sold a old airsoft UZI for $80
Dude claims it doesn't work
Gun was disassembled and was missing parts.
That asshole tried to convert it to full Auto and failed.
eBay forced me to refund his money.

Fuck ebay
>>
>>62378838
This, it favors the buyer at all times

Use Craigslist if you can, its much better. You get the cash upfront, the buyer sees it, and youre done after the transaction
>>
>>62373721
The thing about insurance is that it's always the seller's responsibility. If the buyer declines insurance, it's your ass.
Broken with no insurance? Paypal makes you refund the buyer. Used a third party credit processor? They make you refund the buyer. Used a check or direct bank transfer? The bank makes you refund the buyer. Every payment processor and bank has these clauses.
>>
eBay bends over backwards for buyers. I worked for a company for a while that did a lot of eBay sales. Anything with less than a $10 value was automatically replaced if there was a complaint or "it didn't arrive."
>>
>>62373543
>>62373580
>>62373741

You know considering the ridiculous fees ebay+paypal charge on every sale they really should be providing this service already.
>>
I don't use Ebay because it's trash. I only deal on the Dutch version of Ebay which is more like Craigslist.
It simply connects buyers and sellers. From there on you're free to fuck each other over. I prefer it over the Ebay system
>>
>>62373907
Get a job Jamal
>>
>>62373488
Someone tried to scam me recently by issuing a credit card chargeback for a RAM kit I sold them. I went through Paypal's process and they found in my favour. Fortunately, I kept the receipt for the postage and used a fully tracked service, so they didn't have a leg to stand on. It was annoying having my Paypal account in negative funds and unusable for a couple of weeks though.
>>
File: 1505207321746.png (68KB, 1029x719px) Image search: [Google]
1505207321746.png
68KB, 1029x719px
I accidentally set the weight of the item really high

eBay sucks. I get people that bid and then don't pay all the time. You can't do shit. I also can't report this guy for this message.
>>
>>62375531
I guess it's a burger thing. Last time I had a shipment damaged the driver practically groveled in front of me.
>>
>>62378884
You're also done if it's a nigger who wants more than the item.
>>
Anyone here uss Gearbest? i had to twice complain to paypal for a refund there, both times they gave me my money back and one time i even had the item arrive the next day of getting my money back and no one cared, no messages no notihing, just got a free smartband.
>>
I don't really have any bad ebay stories. All of my sales and purchases went fine.

The only issues I had was with non-payers, which made me waste time waiting until I could cancel the sale.

But other than that, zero issues whatsoever. You just have to not be a dumb fuck and follow the ebay rules. And only buy from 99%+ sellers.
>>
Are stealth accounts worth buying? Or is it just a tax for the stupid? My account is permanently banned because a scumbag reported me because the apparently game I got from my gpu is fake.
>>
I ordered a plastic mousepad and the seller put something that I didn't order in the envelope that bent it in shipping. I left it under heavy stuff for a few days but it still doesn't lie flat. Think I can get a refund?
>>
File: 1491631528603.gif (954KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491631528603.gif
954KB, 400x300px
>>62373788
A similar thing happened to me once
>Order a pair of shoes online (can't remember where from)
>Months go by and they don't come
>Contact the seller and say my shoes must have been lost in the mail
>Get a refund, but they say if the shoes ever arrive to send them back
>4+ months after ordering them they arrive
>Keep the shoes
>>
I kinda like the ebay system of doing things. No bully plz.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.