[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice on the best method for transferring 200-300 images

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
I need advice on the best method for transferring 200-300 images (average 4.3mb an image) from a digital camera SD card to Google Drive via a Toshiba Chromebook.

Right now when I put the SD card into the Chromebook it seems to try and (synch/copy/download) the images from the SD card before then uploading to Google Drive.

This can easily take 10+ hours to complete and often it "drops" or "hangs up" after so many and I have to restart the process.

I think it's because the Chromebook can't handle the strain of processing so many images. But there is no way to cut the transfer into smaller chunks as the camera doesn't have that functionality when saving images to the SD card.

Do I just need to get a laptop with better specs that can handle processing such an intensive task?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>average 4.3mb an image

Is there a reason you need to have such retardedly huge images?
>>
>>62355079
Can't you just access the SD card from the explorer and then drag/drop into Google Drive? Or simply open up the location of SD card from Google Drive? It's not that hard...
>>
>>62355079
why don't you use a real OS?
>>
>>62355079
your internet connection is shit

just do it one by one
>>
>>62355680
It's the transfer from the SD card to the Chromebook, not from Chromebook onto Google Drive where he's having issues. Internet connection is literally not an issue.
>>
>>62355601
> not saving huge images on your digital camera
ISHYGDDT
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.