[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK let's settle this once and for all. What is it that makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: siri-670x316.png (164KB, 670x316px) Image search: [Google]
siri-670x316.png
164KB, 670x316px
OK let's settle this once and for all. What is it that makes macOS looks so much better than Windows and Linux? Is it the font rendering?
>>
consistency, font rendering and subtelty, in that order
>>
advertising, niggers and drug money

that's the exact order
>>
Fuck OP you’re making me jealous. I’m the proud owner of an iPhone 7, iPad Pro (2017 model), Smart Keyboard, and Apple Watch. But have yet to make the leap when it comes to PC.
>>
>>62352561
But it doesn't look better.
>Then why people use it
Because of LGBT movement
>>
>>62352561
>makes macOS looks so much better
Any guesses as to why Apple moved their shilling operation into a non-anglosphere country, probably India?
>>
>>62352628
>But have yet to make the leap when it comes to PC.
Do it.
You won't regret it.

As they say:

Once you go Mac, you never go back.
>>
as a linux user i would guess consistency. I would be ok with windows 98/2000 tier graphics (or insert any shitty gtk2 theme here) if it were 100% consistent. Also point-and-click interface for normies.
>>
They have actual designers. Microsoft doesnt give a fuck and on free operating systems its a few programmers making disjointed programs for free
>>
>>62352561
fags, fags, and fags
>>
>>62352696
I worked on a mac mini for a year. Really made me appreciate how easier Linux is.
>>
File: image-bas.jpg (31KB, 368x329px) Image search: [Google]
image-bas.jpg
31KB, 368x329px
>>62352579
>>62352786
This. Consistency. Windows 10 has some gorillion different window decorations—looks like a patchwork abomination made by an army of fat design moms. Linux looks gorgeous when your dotfiles and configs are all written for consistency.
>>
>>62352561
Its a first class experience, window is economy, linux is like smuggling yourself on the baggage compartment to get a free flight.
>>
The only thing that actually makes it better is the simple fact that menu bar >>> taskbar.
Consistency is literally irrelevant and has absolutely zero impact on productivity unless it's just an exceptionally poorly designed program (extremely rare). But menu bar's impact? Absolutely no joke. And no, nothing on Linux comes close, especially now that Unity is dead.
>>
>>62353033
>nothing on Linux comes close
How is Fedora's menu bar worse?
>>
>>62352561
no, it's the post-hoc rationalization for spending two grand on an overheating netbook and bunch of dongles
>>
>>62352628
so you are a pround owner of that shitty hardware and still don't use the only good thing that came out of Apple?
>>
>>62353079
The simple fact that gnome is a fucking disaster, it's literally osx: draft edition
>>
>>62352932

have an upvote for that wow reference, good sir
>>
>>62352885
The mini is the least mac-like Mac.
Probably why they haven't updated it in ages.

Get an iMac or MacBook Pro for the proper it just werks meme experience.
>>
>>62353086
no what? I prefer linux and have no intention of ever getting apple hardware or using hackintosh, but I still think that macos looks better than windows or any linux distro by default
>>
Just the overall feel of quality it has, really. I only use OS X in virtual machine currently and it's damn tempting to Hackintosh but it's too much work and worry for me as I have one machine and work from it daily.
>>
>>62353150
You didn't answer my question. Have you even used Fedora?

>>62353159
How does that matter to me enjoying macOS or not? Sounds like an excuse.
>>
macos is a product
linux is a project
>>
I honestly don't think it looks good at all. Still miles better than fucking windows <insert version of your choice>.
>>
>>62353293
I did answer it, and I have used Gnome.
As I stated, it's draft edition of osx. Everything about it is unpolished and lacking any sort of coherency (which newsflash freetards, coherency is more than just things aligning), so much wasted vertical space (the most precious), and in general is 10x less extensive. How embarrassing.
>>
Yeah I know, it's more related to /v/, but anyway, macOS actually has some games and the ones that don't run natively are a lot easier to make playable. You don't have to mess with Wine through terminal all the time like a gnutard.
>>
>>62352561
Unix based but has much more popular software support compared to Linux.
>>
>>62353378
last time I checked crossover and playonlinux worked fine
>>
>>62353157
>wowbabby doesn't recognize wc3
neck youre self
>>
>>62352579
/thread
>>
>>62353367
You're just repeating how it's bad over and over while using vague terms, you're not explaining in detail how it's any worse.
>unpolished
How?
>lacks coherence
How? Post examples.
>wasted vertical space
Again, how? Are you referring to the thickness? I think it's the same as the macOS bar
>in general 10x less extensive
Explain what this is supposed to mean.
>>
How can I get Linux do have the sexy dropshadows that windows have on Mac?
>>
>>62353694
Use Fedora.
>>
>>62353708
no
>>
>>62353157
Back to plebbit. You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: ma'am.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
ma'am.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>62353708
>>
>>62353694
compton
read the manpage and experiment
>>
>>62352561
i think it looks gay, apple products been gay and mainly gay people gravitated around them since its inception as a company.
>>
>>62352696
2016 or 2017? 8 or 16Gb?
>>
>>62352561
Because you need child-safe rounded corners on everything.
>>
>>62352952
perfect analogy 10/10
>>
>>62354037
Thanks, I remember using this with my Xubuntu install but I never reinstalled it when I switched to Arch
>>
>>62352561
But it has the shittiest looking ui I've every seen.
The color palette is vomit inducing and general ui design looks like it was done by a brain damaged idiot shitting on a screen
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.