[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all the arguments against owning a Mac so childish?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 18

Why are all the arguments against owning a Mac so childish?

>b-but muh vidya games!
>b-but too expensive (cant afford premium products because living with parents)

Is there any reason for a grown man with a job not to own an iMac?
>>
>>62351973
Because they're just computers, they don't do anything special or spectacular over any other computer. Its not worth the 3k price tag for what is effectively mobile laptop parts in a desktop.
>>
>>62351973
The only arguments are that either you really want a Linux OS, you want something Unix like and want to save money, or just want to be a hobbyist and have more control.

I just want to be able to open a terminal, just like in linux. It is convenient for me that the OS works really well and is in a nicely packaged product. Money isn't really an issue for me because my works pays and if I want something myself, I'm not poor
>>
>>62351973
Fuck yeu appfel schill
>>
Because Apple doesn't have desktop parts in any of their consumer computers. Only the mac "pro" has desktop parts, but even those are outdated.

And yet, they manage to sell them charging a premium for what's essentially laptop parts.

All this because of "mah design" and "aesthetics".
>>
>>62351973
I have an Asus Strix GL502VMK with a Core i7 7700HQ, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. It is a laptop that cost me 1,300 dollars.

For around the same price I could just buy a MacBook Pro with a dualcore i5 and integrated graphics... What a great deal!

Fuck off shill
>>
>>62352388
And here we have a perfect example of

>Muh cant afford.

If you had money you could afford a better specced Mac.

Also, why do you need all that stuff? Is it, let me guess, for

>m-muh gaming!
>>
>>62351973
>Grown man with a job
Grown men spend their money wisely.
>>
>>62352464
this, money doesn't grow on tress. No matter how much you make.
>>
>>62352440
>can afford a laptop at apple prices
>y-you can't afford Macs thats why you hate them
are you dense?
>>
>>62352464
>>62352485
>>62352247
If you want a Mac and it does what you need it to do you should get one.
If not, don't buy a Mac.
Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>62351973
But I already own a 5K iMac anon. UwU
>>
File: 1478837750823.jpg (81KB, 546x794px) Image search: [Google]
1478837750823.jpg
81KB, 546x794px
>>62352440
I could buy an Apple laptop - or I can buy a more powerful machine that runs Windows, and can run OS X on the side for about the same price.

Face it, I have a better laptop than you, and I paid less money. Oh, and my machine doesn't throttle to 800mhz when under load ;)

also, just because "gaming" is in the name of the laptop doesn't mean it can't be used for other things. A dedicated GPU IS a dedicated GPU and can be used for video editing and such.
>>
>>62352440
now you're really getting desperate. even the higher specced ones will throttle like hell and they'll still have a horrible price-to-performance ratio
>>62352528
any old ThinkPad would suffice as a facebook machine. OSX can be run in a VM. social status isn't everything in life.
>>
>>62351973
Because the hardware in them is fucking terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOH0hdYR36Y&app=desktop
>>
>>62351973
>buhu i have never had to pay bills so i say that everyone who doesn't waste money on worthless hit lives with his parents
sure kiddo
>>
>>62352489
You can only afford lower end macs.
>>
I have a macbook pro 2017 15 inch.
It's alright, but you can't actually do ANYTHING on it. I'll start to render a video, and the damn thing gets so hot that they keyboard keys are effected. They become super squishy and clicky.

My built PC doesn't have any problems because it has actual cooling. Hell, my 2013 imac runs better because it doesn't throttle.

Oh well, it is nice for bringing places and doing light work. Also got it for really cheap because I work for apple.
>>
File: 1495087024950.png (12KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1495087024950.png
12KB, 112x112px
>>62351973
>not wasting money characterized as childish
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62352654
All Macs are low end
The highest end MacBook Pro has a GPU that is almost 40% weaker than the GTX 1060 that is in my laptop, which again, cost me 1,300 dollars..
>>
File: desktop+macbook.png (606KB, 1088x840px) Image search: [Google]
desktop+macbook.png
606KB, 1088x840px
>>62351973
>built my desktop
>own apple laptop
Best of both worlds. iMac is trash. Nice displays, though.
>>
>>62352683
hello gay mcdickinmybutthole
>>
We have this thread every other day. It's always the same shilling. Report and move on.
>>
>>62352728
??
Are you 12?
>>
>muh specs
*breaks down within a year*
>>
>>62352574
I didn't write about social status. I just said that people who want a Mac should buy one and people who do not want one should not.
Even the use of OS X is not limited to a Mac as things like hackintoshes exist. Also you don't have to use OS X on a Mac. This was simply about wanting or not wanting to own hardware from a specific manufacturer.
>>
>>62351973
>overpriced
>slow
>break easily
>shit ascetics
>can't fix them
>company actively makes it difficult to be fixed
do you want more
>>
>>62352926
applecare just werks
stop being poor
macs are fast enough, i do powerful computations on servers anyway.
>>
So I have been thinking about getting a MacBook Pro but never owned a apple computer so I'm debating between '13 or '15 I'll be using it for browsing I'd also like to learn photoshop and video editing 4K so I'd like one that can handle all that without to much problems and this will also be my go to computer for the next 4-5 years so if anyone has advice much appreciated
>>
>>62352528
No, it's more like "if aesthetics are more important than specs to you, then yeah go ahead and pay that Apple tax which keeps shareholders happy with huge profit margins".
>>
>>62353013
Do NOT buy a MacBook Pro, they throttle to 800mhz when under load, you will not be able to render 4K videos very well and the laptop will get very hot while in use.
>>
>>62351973
Because for the price of mac you can get a better pc
>>
>>62352574
> social status isn't everything in life.
This children is what delusion looks like. If you don't have status you're a worthless nobody, but I don't expect neets to get that.
>>
>>62353013
ask yourself how much of that you'll be doing, i feel like i always read that on here but i'm convinced fuck all people are actually doing it

photoshop is a shit piece of software, it runs shit almost everywhere, its up to you how much you can handle

video editing without lots of post processing doesn't require all too much. the one apple makes is fucking fantastic when it comes to rendering despite what people on /g/ might say
>>
File: 1355374826374.gif (2MB, 239x248px) Image search: [Google]
1355374826374.gif
2MB, 239x248px
>>62353057
>they throttle to 800mhz
so...this is the power....of apple
>>
>>62352966
Overpriced has nothing to do with wealth. You're thinking of expensive.
>>
>>62353058
lemme just drag around that 5kg gayman laptop
>>
>>62353074
Looks like the only neet here is you. Laptops are tools, not toys. MacBooks are expensive toys that perform like trash for the money. Just go grab a Windows laptop that is 10x better for the same price. No girl is going to hop on your dick all because you have a Macbook and nobody is going to give a shit if you use a thinkpad, they are fucking laptops.
>>
>>62353057
>>62353090
>>62352683
Why do people keep saying that? My macbook never throttles due to overheating.
In fact I only had problems when it was to cold.
>>
>>62353134
because they're jealous and poor
>>
>>62353134
>I only had problems when it was to cold.
computers don't work that way
>>
>>62353122
Newer laptops with Nvidia 1xxx GPU's are much thinner and perform similar to their desktop counterparts. If you actually did any research you would know that. They don't weigh 100 pounds either

>>62353134
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOJjAho26JA&t=0s
stfu apple shill
>>
>>62353173
completely unrelated but i feel like when its cold as fuck here one of my dell monitors won't turn on, its only a thing in the winter when its cold
>>
>>62353148
what?
I own the top model 15 inch from 2017. How am I jealous or poor?

Christ almighty I swear you shills are dumber than rocks.
>>
>>62351973
1.) They constantly overheat and thermal throttle. I need to get work done not browse facebook.

2.) The elevated price is simply not worth it. I can easily get something more powerful for the same price with more bells and whistles.

3.) Mac OS does not support win32 programs which incidentally is what most professional software is made in.
>>
>>62353074
Only poor people care about social status.
>>
>>62353173
yes, they do. chips have a temperature range in which they work best.
>>
>>62353214
>most professional software is made in.
what is most professional software
everything made these days is made for the web so technically you could finally use whatever os
>>
Didn't the CEO of apple come out as gay and is now pushing his gay agenda on children?
>>
They make good college/grad school machines because they have great battery life while still being UNIX.
I haven't used the new pros yet but my 2016 macbook air is still chugging along nicely, 13 hours of battery if I'm just using skim and a browser, 8-9 with heavy use
Haven't had any thermal issues but then again the air wasn't designed by nu-apple
>>
>>62353259
no one gives a fuck about unix today
>>
>>62353077
I'll be a beginner in that category but as gain experience and knowledge I'm sure I'll do more I'm just so indecisive on which one to get it's hard especially since it will be first computer
>>
>>62353235
>what is most professional software
Made in win32 which Mac OS cannot run.

>everything made these days is made for the web so technically you could finally use whatever os
Do you have a source to back that up? I work with computer animation and going from an 20-core CPU @ 2.4 GHz to a dual-core one that throttles to 1 GHz would put a huge damper on work I need to get done.
>>
File: a3.png (350KB, 603x600px) Image search: [Google]
a3.png
350KB, 603x600px
>>62353195

>macsbooks don't throttle, they work on a desktop level
>everyone who says they don't have problems with their Mac is an apple shill.

All of my wat.
>>
>>62353215
Asif the rich and middle class don't care. That's just a comforting lie you tell yourself. Let me know the next time you see a rich guy in sweatpants driving a beat up civic.
>>
>>62353212
pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>62353296
>I work with computer animation
then you should know nuke works on everything and not every mac is a macbook
>>
>>62353299
You not watching any of the videos related to the MacBook Pro thottling? You're literally shilling apple at this point, everyone knows that macbooks throttle, you're the only one who has an issue with it
>>
>>62353300
My whole family drives BMWs and Porches (on leases) yet we all live in a single 700K home where 6 people help pay the mortgage. This is not an argument.
>>
>do you not watch videos of people having problems you don't have to write of something you don't have problems with
bet you voted trump too
>>
What the fuck is this shitty bait thread?
>>
>>62353276
I do
having easy access to ssh, a sane file hierarchy and a proper, functional cli are important to me
Also being able to stream movies, files and music from my home fileserver is great.
I have an rsync chron running on my mac that syncs my document folder remotely every 30 minutes, so I never have to worry about some freak accident ruining any work for me.
>>
>>62353333
Sorry I work with keyshot and maya. I actually have to get work done not make shitty attempts at 3d animation.
>>
>>62353235
Alot of Autodesk stuff and engineering software is still Windows only and even on multi platform stuff you still might want to use on windows because you can use better more updated hardware.
>>
File: jo2.png (214KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
jo2.png
214KB, 300x600px
>>62353340
buttert much?
>>
File: Pics, it happened..png (69KB, 585x190px) Image search: [Google]
Pics, it happened..png
69KB, 585x190px
>>62353332
>>
>>62353409
>having easy access to SSH
wow any fucking OS can use SSH today

>functional command line interface

congrats, youre autistic and no college gives a fuck about unix
>>
>>62351973
>all the arguments
bullshit

What about
>non repairable
>throttling and temps from hell
>laptop grade performance even without throttling

you know, a grown man with a job wouldn't throw money into the trashcan
>>
>>62353361
>Literally cannot understand the simple fact that all of the newer MacBooks have shitty cooling
>Attempts to insult me instead of providing proof that I am wrong
rlly makes me think
>>
I hate their sterile aesthetic and mac os isn't for me.
>>
>>62353434
using ssh on windows is a giant fucking pain in the ass
>>
>>62353428
>literally cannot comprehend that macbooks have bad cooling and will throttle if put under heavy load
Remember the image in>>62353195? That's a MacBook Pro heatpipe... Yeah exactly
>>
>>62353415
nuke was just an example you thick bastard, also maya werks on mac
>>
I feel bad for people who early adopt apple products
NEVER buy the first 3 generations of any apple computer
The 2019 macbook pros should be pretty good.
I'll buy one in 2022.
>>
>>62353495
Yeah but the mac port sucks. In fact it was a big reason why our team got our macs replaced with Lenovo workstations. Yeah they're bulkier but offer more than 10X the performance so now we can get work done in days instead of weeks.
>>
>>62353524
>buying entire new computers instead of doubting the software company
seems like a shit business strategy

theres plenty of alternatives on the same level as maya not even being some freetard here
>>
I'm an applefag and there's literally not a single redeeming thing about their current lineup of laptops/desktops. They unironically went full fancy facebook machine.
>>
>>62351973
>Is there any reason for a grown man with a job not to own an iMac?
The mirror-like display.
>>
>>62351973
>paying $1000+ to make your own life miserable.
Yep, that's what a grown man would do.
>>
>>62353471
>double click ssh terminal
>it opens

wow so hard
>>
Apple makes horrible desktops but god-tier laptops.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>62353554
It easier to replace machines than it is to replace the software training/experience. Moving from macOS back to Windows while still using maya is not nearly that big of a hassle than to stay on macOS and try to switch to something other than maya.
>>
>>62353554
>>buying entire new computers instead of doubting the software company
>seems like a shit business strategy
>theres plenty of alternatives on the same level as maya not even being some freetard here
We were on macs m8. Their CPUs would constantly throttle below 2 GHz while doing basic tasks like watching youtube videos and overheat to 90+C° + throttle to 1 GHz when we tried rendering things.

Anyways if you plan to browse facebook and have more money than brains then by all means splurge on the lastest apple abomination.
>>
>>62351973
>1600 for base 27inch model.

can buy killer pc and monitor for less.
>>
>>62353649
>babby that never did any work tries into discussion
Everything that isn't putty is half-broken and unusable, putty and all its flavours are unironical torture devices.
>>
>>62353686
Thank you fellow anon. You took the words right out of my mouth and made the explanation concise.
>>
>>62353434
My school requires you to ssh into the centos server for lab assignments.
>>
>>62353300
I wear sweatpants and don't even have a car.
>>
>>62353683
Their current laptops are awful.
>>
File: forgeevness.jpg (175KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
forgeevness.jpg
175KB, 500x448px
>>62353730
>ssh into the centos server

thank god there's only one of them.
>>
>>62353683

I weighed up a 2016 MBP vs a 2016 XPS 15, in the end I went with the XPS, couldn't be fucked with that stupid fucking emoji bar on the MBP and it cost nearly a third more.
>>
>>62353434
>no college gives a fuck about unix
>t. """"autodidact masterrace""""
>>
>>62353686
assuming they already know maya its not hard to switch to another 3d software
software is just a tool to help you further

>>62353697
this is still a very niche work field you said MOST professional software doesn't work on mac only to find out its just a shit port which i cannot deny or confirm because i don't know
>>
>>62353457
a sane man with an original thought told unironically
i like your style
>>
File: 1495093750862.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495093750862.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>62351973
My reason simply is that I find Linux to be more customizable at the very core.

Furthermore, Linux boots faster (at least on my setup) faster than any Mac (even the in store demo macs!) a whole hell lot faster.

Even furthermore, if you need another nail in the fucking coffin, Macs are overpriced pieces of shit, and I'd rather save the thousand bucks on the name and spend 3-4 hours building & setting up Linux in total than spend the extra thousand dollars to get the out of the box "it just werks" experience.

Finally, I'm a tinkerer. I don't want "it just werks." I want to configure everything myself. It's far more fulfilling, and especially since I'm a freelancer, it doesn't impede on my schedule that much to sit down and do such a thing.

Thus, it fits my workflow miles better. I don't care if you enjoy using macs, I can't stand it's cumstain design, overpricing, prebuilt preloaded bullshit, it's slow boot times, and the fact that I have to hack it apart in order to even set it up the way I want it to just curates an overall terrible experience.

And with my last breath, sage this bait thread.
>>
>>62353683
dude, gone are the days of macbook air and macbook pro. These new machines are truly dissapointing. I hope they get their shit back on track before they become, uh- even more of a joke than they already are?
>>
>>62353786
>assuming they already know maya its not hard to switch to another 3d software
Do you even have a job?

>this is still a very niche work field
Oh yeah I forgot the worth of someones work is based on how popular is. I guess browsing facebook at starbucks is extremely important.
>>
>>62353756
What's wrong with centos? It's fine for writing basic code. Anything bigger I write in an ide and use sftp to upload it on to the server.
>>
>>62354113
>Do you even have a job?
started wondering the same about you

>Oh yeah I forgot the worth of someones work is based on how popular is. I guess browsing facebook at starbucks is extremely important.
you're a troll or retarded nice
>>
>>62351973
Using the difference in price for something better like a trip, or a second hand motorcycle, out one year subscription to some gym or other lessons.
No reason to waste 2 extra grands for such a small return in performance
>>
>>62354187
>you're a troll or retarded nice
Ok I'm done talking to you. Make sure you go to bed early champ. In the adult world we have to get up at 6-7 AM whether we want to or not. You might as well start the habit now and avoid going to work with 1-2 hours of sleep once you get a job.
>>
>>62351973
Overwhelming majority of people buy and use software on windows, I see no reason to own a mac when best developing tools for windows are on windows.. and running windows is the way to optimize them on spot.
>>
>>62351973
Apple hate is why I'm done with /g/, who really cares about the hardware you're using, aslong as you're being a productive member of society?

Open source is wonderful, but until the world is a socialist place, there's no harm in owning apple.
>>
>>62354352
but muh youtube videos proving your wrong
>>
Only normie adults need them desu
>>
>>62353013
Honestly if you're interested in pro apps, the iMac is a better choice than the MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro is if you really live an active lifestyle and do your work on the road. If you will be using the computer at home mostly, the iMac is a far better value. The recent refresh of iMac uses desktop CPUs and GPUs and I would guess that it probably doesn't thermal throttle as much as the MacBook Pro.
>>
because arguing over what's better is fucking retarded. every os can do different things, people do and prefer different things. who the fuck cares if you think windows or mac is better
>>
>>62351973
I like planning and building my computers. If you want Apple or whomever to build your computer for you, that's great - but I'll pass, thanks.
>>
File: 1491930791423.png (123KB, 622x936px) Image search: [Google]
1491930791423.png
123KB, 622x936px
>>62354828
>shilling THIS hard
lmao

Just face it, Apple """""""""""""""""engineers"""""""""" are a literal bunch of brain dead drooling LGBT transgenderfluid SJW "artist" subhumans pretending they can design anything.
>>
Think most people will be talking about their mobile systems, I atleast am, I'd never buy an iMac but up until 5 years ago there we're little to none windows Ultrabooks that actually felt portable and haven't had the need to upgrade since because I only do laptop things on a laptop
>>
>>62354924
>>62354899
>>
>>62351973
Nop, grown man could buy anything he want but begin fanboy believe you are better because Apple products isn't begin grown man.
>>
Why do people still reply to shill posts ?
>>
There are no fucking shills on 4chan. You're mentally disabled if you think companies would actually waste money advertising to you autistic morons.
>>
>locked software environment
>getting rid of legacy solutions
>upgradeability
>can't do repairs by yourself
Fuck off back to the Blue Oyster Bar, shill.
>>
>115 posts
just fucking close this board, holy shit.
>>
>>62354912
I know about the thermal throttling, I said it probably doesn't throttle as much as mbp (more space for better cooling)
>>
>muh thermal throttling

Ever notice how it’s exclusively people who dont own macs who complain about this? Meanwhile Mac owners never experience this issue
>>
File: 1474052340919.png (145KB, 615x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474052340919.png
145KB, 615x392px
>>62356636
Of course those people don't own macs. People who have real work to do returned their overheating macshit a week after they buy it and get a real computer.

Thus, that just leaves "mac owners" who do nothing but update their facebook at starbucks. A task even chromebooks can handle, so of course it wont throttle at that.
>>
>>62351973
>>b-but too expensive (cant afford premium products because living with parents)
If anything living with parents makes it easier to afford premium products because you don't have to pay so much in rent and utilities as you would if you were living alone.
>>
>>62352528
>If you want a Mac and it does what you need it to do you should get one.
You're right.

I don't want a Mac.
>>
Because all owners are childish
>>
>>62351973
Being able to work properly is a pretty good reason not to buy a mac. Have you ever tried using a mac for working? I did. It was horrible.
>>
>>62351973
I hate the single button mouse, I can't stand needing iTunes for everything, I do not like how the system does anything. It being expensive and not having any games are issues, but they are not in the top reasons why I do not like macs
>>
>>62352440
A specced mac wont ever have a gpu as hgh end as this 130o$ laptop lmfao what are you on about, despite me being an amd fanboy, a radeon pro 560 is definitely not anywhere near a 1060, especially on a 2500$ laptop lmfao. Gtfo applefag
>>
>>62351973
>paying more for less quality purely because of the logo of a company that explicitly disrespects its users.
>>
File: image.jpg (538KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538KB, 712x1024px
>>62352440
You have to go back.
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>62352702
He meant that it's time for his diaper change.
>>
>>62356910
It's a single button with a right click. Can just use your current mouse anyway. iTunes isn't required for anything. Confirmed for never used a mac
>>
>>62352440
>If you have money you might as well spend more of it on a bigger and better Mac system
Why not spend less money for a better system, and use the rest of the money you save by not buying a Mac for something worthwhile
>>62357302
I used it for a photography course in college. Also, it looks like ass
>>
>>62353244
>>>/pol/
>>
>>62353244
No, go back to pol, /g/ is dangerous for you bunch...
>>
>>62357330
>has supposedly used a mac but can't understand basic functionality
The common denominator continues to be you
>>
>>62353244
is there evidence that he is pushing a gay agenda anywhere?
>>
Because Mac's place aesthetics over functionality, I Mac's for example run hot and cause the CPU to throttle
>>
>>62351973
I hate childish people like you more desu
>>
>>62351973
>Is there any reason for a grown man with a job not to own an iMac?
>Radeon Pro
That's why
>>
>>62357462
What's not to get? I used a Mac that the University owned. I did not like the mouse, I did not like the UI. Yes, I could use a two button mouse, but that doesn't change the fact that I did not like my experience with the machines. Do you want me to try it again? Provide me actual reasons to use one besides "lol poorfag" or "it looks professional". I'm willing to give it another shot in a VM or something.
>It doesn't work in a VM
There is no way in hell I'm dropping money on testing an operating system, then
>>
>>62357542
>It doesn't work in a VM
Since when? I've been running OS X/macOS VMs for like, 6 years as part of my build/codesign process, a lot of people do that.
>>
>>62357625
I wasn't sure, but if it was the case that it didn't work in a VM then i wouldn't test it. Since it does, as you say, I'll have no issues testing the OS once anon gets back to me on valid reasons to give it another try
>>
>>62353683
Literally the only computer Apple currently sells that's not horribly over priced garbage is the 27" 5k iMac. The base model is actually a pretty good deal, everything is else is ass though. They've raised the prices on Macbook Pros again, the regular macbooks are a complete joke, the 21.5" inch iMacs are overpriced and there's no reason to buy them when you can get the 27" 5k models for just a little more. Mac Pros and those little tiny macs in the boxes are both horribly outdated in terms of hardware.
>>
>>62351973
>buying a computer that shits on itself just to look pretty

enjoy that thermal throttling
>>
>ask anon for real actual reasons why I should give Macs another shot.
>he doesn't reply
Lol, nice operating system you have there.
>>
>>62351973
My problem isn't vidya games because i prefer to use a PS4 Pro to play games but i really don't like that i can't use the 5K iMac display to play them.
I would have to buy a seperate monitor or TV just to play games and i'm not going to do that, guess my problem is it being to expensive and dumb to buy another monitor just for gaming.
>>
>>62352388
here's what you don't understand you retard: that macbook is a better laptop than your gaymen shit. not a better or more powerful computer, but a better LAPTOP. It has a better screen, better inputs, better weight, better materials, better battery life, etc. It is better for work, better for media, better for communication, etc. Your computer is only worth owning if you need to play video games and you travel by plane. That's fucking it you dumb nigger
>>
>>62351999
Windows is garbage, there's a legitimate reason to get a mac. macOS just gets out of your way, yet Windows does everything in its power to get in your way. Not everyone has the time or patience to install Linux
>>
>>62359401
>macOS just gets out of your way, yet Windows does everything in its power to get in your way
linux user here, the opposite is true
>>
File: 1490093238560.png (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490093238560.png
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>62359401
>want to put music from windows PC onto android phone
>drag and drop, done

>want to put music from macintrash onto ishit
>pic related *blocks your path*
>>
>>62359376
>It's a better laptop, but not a better computer
Do you listen to yourself? What is a laptop if not a computer that you take with you? It's clearly not better for actual computer things, so you need to resort to things it gets more of because it is gimped at the internals. Eg: battery life, even the CPU is throttled
How is it better for media? How is it better for communication? What makes it better for work?
>>
Guaranteed replies and not a single post of exclusive_shit.png
Kys, all of you.
>>
File: gay-agenda-homo.jpg (67KB, 492x494px) Image search: [Google]
gay-agenda-homo.jpg
67KB, 492x494px
>>62357353
>>62357460
0/10 bait
>>
>>62359401
>Not everyone has the time or patience to install Linux
It's much faster to install any distro than to install macOS.
>>
>>62351973
The thermals are shit, the keyboard is shit and it looks like a toy for teens like some sort of fidget spinner.
>>
File: Apple-gay-pride-780x585 (1).jpg (122KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-gay-pride-780x585 (1).jpg
122KB, 780x585px
>>62357489
He's been to like 100 gay pride parades and publicly stated being gay was "A gift from god".
>>
>>62359401
>Insert cd
>Click "install onto hard drive"
>Click next, next, next
>Wait for it to install
Wooooow, such high demand on patience
>>
>>62352683
Snazzy labs puts his in the freezer for reduced render times, up to 6 minutes faster...
>>
>>62352388

Specs don't matter for personal computers that don't play video games. Overall, your computer is s sack of shit, because you can only interface with Windows and Linux and maybe, a very buggy non-compatible macOS hackintosh. You gaymur retards will never get it. Your high end specs mean jack shit when you're interfacing with dogshit operating systems.
>>
>>62359733
how well do your mac run solidworks?
>>
>>62359694
Saw that lmao.
Not gonna put a machine I paid 1500 for in a freezer, but it was interesting.

Currently just hooking it up to my 34in 3440x1400 monitor makes the machine hot because it has to use dGPU to hit 100hz.
>>
>>62351973
Agreed. Why buy the cheaper, better performing stuff? Grown men should buy more expensive, less useful stuff... because... uh...
>>
>>62352440
>Anon says they can afford to buy mac, shows example of why its bad value
>"Oh my god, you fucking poorfag. How could you choose better value when you can pay more for the same."
>"Everyone would buy macs only if they weren't so poor."

If I was Notch with a spare few Billion dollars lying around. I still wouldn't buy an Apple product. Kill yourself.
>>
>>62353227
Sure bud. Maybe stop using your mac outside in sub-zero temperatures.

Who are you kidding? You wouldn't risk your mac by taking it outside. Its clearly the center of your existence to the point of exclusion of absolutely everything else.
>>
I want a computer more powerful than the top of the line imac but not as powerful as the imac pro
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.