[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think is a good distro that gets frequent updates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1499893787692.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499893787692.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
What do you guys think is a good distro that gets frequent updates and doesn't have systemd switching from Ubuntu MATE?
>>
What's wrong with systemd?
>>
>>62350872
Botnet
>>
>>62350891
wrong

You can use Manjaro OpenRC or Devuan, but I'm not sure MATE is supported, GNOME isn't
>>
>>62350825
temple os or gnu hurd
>>
>>62350825
install gentoo
>>
>>62350825
You can use any of the following with relative ease;

>Devuan
>Alpine
>Gentoo
>Void
>Free/OpenBSD

MATE is available on all of them if that is your preferred desktop environment.
>>
>>62351934
>relative ease
>Alpine
>Gentoo
>Void
>*BSD
get a load of this fucking faggot.
>>62350825
there's nothing wrong with systemd.
>>
>>62350825
Brainlet here, using Ubuntu GNOME.
What's the big deal with systemd, all I hear is /g/ screaming "botnet!" with no sources.
Also "it's against muh philosophy", but even Stallman doesn't care.
>>
>>62352181
It's not a botnet, it's just Redhat shitting up distros so that everyone has to use them.
>>
>>62351956
OpenBSD's installer is one of the simplest I've ever used, it's comparable to an Ubuntu installation.

Void holds your hand the whole way through and has a very friendly package manager.
>>
>>62350825
Devuan. Remember Ubuntu is based on Debian? So Ubuntu receives updates from Debian itself. Well, major split happened at Debian when some maintainers hijacked Debian to fall for the systemd trap, major exodus happened and then they jumped to Devuan.

Jump to Devuan OP, is faster, cleaner, and updated.
>>
Which one is more secure and/or lightweight Void or Slackware?
>>
both manjaro and arch with openrc are on sourceforge

praised be the guys who update the openrc enabled version of these distro

death to poettering
death to redhat
>>
>>62350872
Spaghetti code that only RedHat PAID DEVELOPERS can maintain, it precedes a blackmail this company could pull off anytime, like selling patches like grsecurity did.
Systemd's software is not free as in freedom because RedHat controls all development, and that is why I don't use it.

Too much risk of depending on it and RedHat can push whatever agenda they plan. Also RedHat is making a dependency hell you can not escape, and they outrageously promote it with harassment to any dissent.

The developers are known to deny bugs and nobody knows how many 0days Systemd has, except for the NSA. True fact.
>>
>>62352387
Bullshit, it received contributions of all kind from ANY distribution. The grsecurity comparison is simply impossible to draw. The rest of your post is FUD shit.
>>
>>62352443
Are you literally paid to lie on the internet?
>>
>>62352517
Are you literally paid to shitpost?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.