[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you guys red pill me on dolby atmos is it worth it to seek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 0817_dolby3.jpg (240KB, 2000x1128px) Image search: [Google]
0817_dolby3.jpg
240KB, 2000x1128px
can you guys red pill me on dolby atmos
is it worth it to seek out movie theatres which have it and buy a home setup?
>>
>>62349077
No
>>
No.
Where are you going to get any content?
Is like 4K for mainstream. There is not much content and just a few consumer products can output it natively
>>
>>62349077
>is it worth it to seek out movie theatres which have it
Yes.
>buy a home setup?
Not yet, maybe never.
>>
>>62349077
its the newest meme
>>
>>62350078

its been out since 2012
i guess it flopped
>>
>>62350092
Not really,video games just got around using it and its a big thing on the PS4 for a game to support it.
So sony movies suddenly all start to show it on the front cover of boxes.
You see where this is going,they are making a push to sell hat they got in stock.
>>
>>62350092
Audio formats in cinema take many years to take off.
Atmos isn't really any good home users yet though - many films have full Atmos mixes, a vast majority of those mixes never leave cinemas, only a handful of 4K BD titles (and now a few releases on Amazon) have Atmos for home.
It's a more money than sense propesition.

Maybe in 10 years when more content for the the home user and cheaper access to qualified sound hardware is possible, we'll see better uptake.

I still suggest that if you want to see a movie in a cinema, Atmos is a good thing to look for when choosing a cinema (ensuring your movie will actually be in Atmos and in a cinema with Atmos for multiplexes)
>>
>>62349077
>cinema with Dolby(TM) Atmos(R)
worth a try
>atmos for home
no. There is a lengthy procedure for cinemas to set up and authorize Dolby Atmos. You will never set it up right at your home.
>Dolby Atmos emulation for headphones
it's fucking awesome in memewatch.
>>
>>62350201

thanks for the response
i have the opportunity to watch blade runner 2049 in a dolby cinema when it comes out, it's supposed to have a atmos mix and dolby vision

i hope dolby vision will be good too
have to do a 3 hours drive but all the cinemas in my town are complete shit
>>
>>62350092
>i guess it flopped
Nah.
More and more movies are shot and mixed with Atmos and -while in a slow rate- more and more cinemas invest in Atmos enabled screens.

The thing is that while even the smallest screens benefit from 5.1 and 7.1 for Atmos it's best to have a theater with 300-400+ seats.
>>
File: dag.jpg (83KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
dag.jpg
83KB, 700x600px
>>62349424
Feeling that now with a new 4k HDR display. I thought HDR was just a buzzword marketing gimmick but it really makes a big difference when done well. That said the amount of well mastered HDR content out there is very rare- I'm talking numbered in the dozens. I have faith that things will improve over the next couple years, and I got a relatively cheap bang-for-the-buck model so it's all good.
>>
>>62349077
>is it worth it to seek out movie theatres which have it and buy a home setup?
YES! I've seen a ton of movies with Atmos and would always pay some extra to see it.

Techmoan did a video on it... he also likes it a lot.
>>
>>62349077
The format is fine since it does add depth to sound stage. The problem is that most hardware that supports the format is mediocre. You can buy sound bars with Atmos for some reason that just bounces sound off your ceiling. You want dedicated height speakers mounted on your ceiling similar to a movie theater. Check out audioholics for more information.
>>
>watching movies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.