[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Thinkpad >slow, shitty hardware, shitty battery life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: macbook-select-gold-201706.jpg (58KB, 452x420px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-select-gold-201706.jpg
58KB, 452x420px
>Thinkpad
>slow, shitty hardware, shitty battery life, ugly design, only used by obese neckbeards

>Macbook
>excellent design, super slim, great battery life, ultra fast, used by professionals worldwide
>>
can the x1 carbon compete?
>>
>>62347021
Weak as fuck bait.

sage
>>
File: download (1).jpg (2MB, 2564x1711px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
2MB, 2564x1711px
>>62347021

>ibm pc compatible clone
>used by industry professionals that require the latest and greatest hardware

>m*c
>used by soy boy webdesigners and homosexuals
>>
>Kind of want a 2-in-1 but realize any option would be a downgrade from my 2015 Macbook Pro with Retina Display

Fug.
>>
>>62347129
2014 bro reporting in, don't do it anon
>>
>>62347021
>super slim
>good
fucking manlets
>>
>>62347021
>slow
not really
>shitty hardware
they were top of the line at release, and unless you get one of the newer ones with ULV processors, it should still perform pretty well for quite a while
>shitty battery life
you have me there, I have heard many stories of ~7 hour battery life with a good 9 cell and slice battery on an X series, but I've got an X series tablet so I'm stuck with a 6 cell and I think I get 2-3 hours, although I mostly use it plugged in.
>ugly design
I disagree; very smooth, square, utilitarian.
>only used by obese neckbeards
the problem with starting memes like this is that they are a legitimate business machine used by normies outside of the nerd niche they've created... you can't really generalize about its userbase

>Macbook
>excellent design
it is not bad, really, it's definitely going for something different from [older] ThinkPads
>super slim
I consider this a con. I'm glad technology allows us to make slimmer tech, but that just means more room for a real keyboard and big battery in my ideal world.
>great battery life
yeah, I've heard it's really good
>ultra fast
I've heard thermal throttling is a real issue! that kind of makes the theoretical great performance not matter much
>used by professionals worldwide
this is true of both ThinkPads and MacBooks, also many other machines obviously...

I know it's probably bait, but I'd like to dispute some of the claims for the sake of anyone reading this who may just believe it and move on.
>>
>>62347129
You could always use and even carry two computers, or leave the MacBook at home as a sort-of desktop/powerhouse while you carry the 2-in-1. I definitely wouldn't sell the MacBook.
>>
>>62347147
I don't really think it's a manlet thing. A woman thing? An idiot thing? Slim things can be attractive, but I can't say I've ever seriously thought "wow I wish my laptop were slim". Never thought that about my phone either. MicroSD cards? I'm REALLY glad we've gotten those small and thin, it's amazing and convenient, but devices that need to be powerful and comfortable shouldn't really be slimmed down to the extent we're slimming down a lot of devices.
>>
File: African-Apple-Computer.jpg (57KB, 960x838px) Image search: [Google]
African-Apple-Computer.jpg
57KB, 960x838px
>>62347021
>Macbook
>excellent design if you're a fag, super slim and overheats constantly, great battery life if you use it for facebook only, ultra fast for the first month then goes to shit very fast, used by professionals only in commercials worldwide to impress stupid people into buying them
>>
>>62347021
>Thinkpad
>Really Really Good, Better than Apple Computers

>Macbook
>Expensive Shit with built in obsolescence so you have to buy more of their shit products but think you're great if you can afford them even though they're shit.
>>
File: thinkpad.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
thinkpad.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
>>62347021
>Macbook
>by professionals worldwide
Thinkpad is used by proffessionals space-wide
>>
File: bait.jpg (19KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
19KB, 625x626px
>>62347021
ok
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.