[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Soon 150,000,000 American people's SSN, name, Email

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 41

File: Screenshot_20170908-180741.png (88KB, 1080x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-180741.png
88KB, 1080x1241px
>Soon 150,000,000 American people's SSN, name, Email, ...etc will be released

https://rehmann.co/blog/email-russian-equifax-hackers/

What do you think? It feels like watching mr robot...
>>
>>62326520
>this fucking company tried to weasel its way out of lawsuits with arbitration clauses
I hate big government with a passion, but sometimes I wish they'd have at least *some* altruistic regulation that prevents executive faggots from getting away scot-free.

I mean, call me crazy, but I think there should be at least some consequences from compromising 1/2 of Americans' credit.
>>
>>62326520
Fucking Russian bastards
>>
>>62326520
>not just going to experian.com/scan for a free check against the darkweb identity theft scraper
>>
File: 1442736972980.jpg (171KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1442736972980.jpg
171KB, 500x550px
>>62326565
>I mean, call me crazy, but I think there should be at least some consequences from compromising 1/2 of Americans' credit.
People will call you crazy for thinking that. Don't you know we NEED these private companies and their system of perpetual debt or else we'll have to live like animals in the mud? If half the country has their financial livelihoods permanently ruined well that's just the price of doing business.
>>
>>62326690
I fucking hate the fact that most pro-capitalist cheerleaders seem to gloss over the whole "accountability" part that's supposed to enable consumers from taking their money elsewhere.
>>
>>62326565
>those rich and in power
>are going to keep a system setup which will imprison them
top kek, the moment they lose their power is the moment the world starts to ends
>>
>>62326520

so does this only affect people who have used equifax to check their credit score?
>>
File: 1464049548431.png (78KB, 253x235px) Image search: [Google]
1464049548431.png
78KB, 253x235px
>>62326938
>imprison
>>
>>62326907
Those fancy dressed up contracts aren't going to read themselves. Not like the people signing them give as much of a damn to read the fine print. As you said, they could have taken their money elsewhere.
>>
>>62326964
No. Chances are, if you've checked your credit score through a company that just happened to be running their queries through Equifax, you're screwed. Think of them as "resellers" of the services Equifax provides. It's a price we pay for the pervasive subcontracting culture.
>>
>>62326565

Is it shitty? Yeah. But what's the point of suing them? No one, including some big ass corporation like them is going to ever be safe. They have hackers trying to exploit their shit daily, I'm surprised we haven't seen worse things earlier. It's completely a knee-jerk reaction to sue them.
>>
Nothing to hide nothing to fear
>>
>>62326984
The problem is that most of the victims of this breach never used Equifax's services personally.
>>
>>62326995

Good thing I have never fallen for the loan jew
>>
>>62327013
>It's completely a knee-jerk reaction to sue them.

yeah thats right, we cant do anything to stop it so just let the big corporations get a pass.

fucking neck yourself corporatist cuck
>>
>>62326520
If they were going to release them they'd be released already. It's just another bluff to attract attention
>>
>>62327019
Thats the sad part. This company could be an affiliate, where the victims parent company sold their data to for credit appraisals, with this breach only showing that customers shouldn't even trust corporations that do this shit specified in their contracts.
>>
>>62326984
The arbitration clause was buried deep inside the service agreement for people trying to sign up for Equifax's "credit protection" scheme post-breach. Basically, in exchange for asking the company that screwed up in the first place to protect their credit score, people had to give up their litigation rights. It's fucking predatory and immoral.
>>
>>62327034

This wasn't their fault though? I'm not defending them as a company or their other methods, but they essentially have a big ass steel door guarding your shit, and people still broke through it. If someone breaks into your house no one sues you for letting that happen. It's not in their interest for your data to be stolen. I'm not sure how this is their fault. You are NEVER 100% secure.
>>
>russian

Oh my, what a surprise.
>>
>>62327091
>If someone breaks into your house no one sues you for letting that happen.

Terrible analogy

If I run a warehouse storing other peoples goods, and someone breaks in and steals your shit I was storing for you, you can absolutely sue - although in that case I should have insurance to cover any losses.
>>
Wellp, I hope some immigrant gets my SSN and buys shit on credit or opens lines of credit and boosts my 450 score. If he can get anything without an obscene deposit.
>>
>>62327091
The threat of litigation is what keeps those steel doors thick and impregnable, and the threat is meaningless without without actual litigation taking place every now and then.

But you're right. As more details become unearthed, I hope we get to find out just how prepared Equifax was. I pray and hope that it was some undiscovered zero day that caused the hack. Anything short of "we did everything we could, but they still broke through" is going to destroy the confidence in the industry. Not to mention it would land the executives in some hot waters -- especially since there's evidence that they sold off all of their company stock WEEKS before disclosing the breach.
>>
>>62327091
>be trusted with something of incredible value on the pretense that you will take every single measure possible to protect it
>fuck up through pure incompetence
>"Well we tried so really it's not our fault"
Do you really think that's an acceptable attitude? If the Air Force came forward and told everyone they let a nuke get stolen do you think they would be allowed to shrug it off because they kinda tried to stop it?
>>
>>62327139
It's very unlikely to be a zero day. It's likely that they had a pentest, then didn't bother to implement half the changes since they weren't needed for whatever security compliance requirement they did the pentest for.
>>
>>62327090
They know no one is a lawyer, and they purposely exploit that in said contract. I honestly don't know why people don't take these contracts to law firms to have this shit reviewed by a third party.
>>
>>62327139

I hope its something akin to sonys retardation with the PS3 private/public keys
>>
>>62327014
kek
>>
>>62327161
Not everyone can afford lawyers. It's going to hit the poor families that had to have their credit scores checked to rent apartments and whatnot, and it's tragic.
>>
>>62326995
Damn. Creditkarma?
>>
>>62327116

It's not their intention for your data to be stolen, they spend money on keeping it safe. They do all they can to keep it safe. It's completely retarded to then turn around and be angry at them. Again, they have people daily trying to get access to them, eventually something is going to happen, Equifax isn't the first and they aren't the last. You cannot blame them. How is anyone going to benefit from a lawsuit? Are you going to be safer somehow, are they going to try EXTRA harder now? There's nothing to gain from it.

>>62327139

I agree that some threat of litigation is going to scare any company, but again, it's going to benefit no one. If they pay out $10 billion dollars, and say 143 million people get a payout. Great you got like $70? I'd rather that money go towards more security.

>>62327148

I'm not aware of the details, so I have no idea if it was incompetence or not. Even if it was, again, to me it's what their intentions are. They obviously dread this type of thing happening. And they've gone decades without such a large issue. It was eventually going to happen, and it will happen again. It's a completely almost futile effort. You can do you best and poor millions into security and people will find a way. There is some reason to be upset with them, I get it, but this was bound to happen, it just seems like a completely pointless effort to sue.
>>
WTF YOU CANT CHECK YOUR SHIT ANYMORE WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR THEIR PRODUCT

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
>>
>>62327139
>they sold off all of their company stock WEEKS before disclosing the breach
Thats what gives me evidence that this could have been setup.
>>62327186
This only goes to show we can't trust the people with money. America needs stronger anti-trust laws.
>>
>>62327213
>I agree that some threat of litigation is going to scare any company, but again, it's going to benefit no one. If they pay out $10 billion dollars, and say 143 million people get a payout. Great you got like $70? I'd rather that money go towards more security.
It's less about the compensation and more about the threat of losses suffered by the company through litigation. It's how capitalism is supposed to work -- the threat of accountability and loss of confidence that drives companies to provide better and more secure services.

Another benefit is that the victims involved don't have to live out their lives with a glaring red mark on their credit, regardless of the outcome of the suit. If it's provable that the loss of credit was no fault of the individual, then they can move on with their lives and continue to contribute to the economy.
>>
>>62327213
>And they've gone decades without such a large issue.
This is the largest beach of this nature ever so by definition everyone has gone decades without such a large issue. Equifax has had plenty of other instances where consumer information has been compromised in the past several years though which is a pretty clear indicator that security was not a high priority.

>it just seems like a completely pointless effort to sue
Suing a company into non-existance because they proved incapable of delivering on their obligations seems like a pretty worthwhile effort to me. Really it should happen more often.
>>
>tfw I spent that last two years getting my score to 750
>should have just stayed as a no-credit cash user
>>
>>62326984
Small print hidden away is not going to hold up in court. But considering how much money they have it just might.
>>
>>62326568
ya u can tell there russian cuz the russian signachure (^:
>>
>Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Wat do? Should I enroll?
>>
>>62326520
>Selling your own stock when you know that company is going under in a month without disclosing
How is this even legal?
>>
>>62327285
America.
>>
>>62327285
>How is this even legal?
It isn't.
>>
>>62327090
Are the news sites wrong then? They say that as long as you mail a letter saying you want the ability to be in a class action lawsuit to them within 30 days, you can join in any class action lawsuits.
>>
>>62327272
Call your bank and credit card company first. Enroll if you like, be warned that it may Jew you out of a class action lawsuit if you don't read fine print.
>>
>>62327213
>It's not their intention for your data to be stolen,
Who fucking cares?
>>
File: Trump Staffer.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Staffer.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>62327103
CIA sponsored false-flag
>Even less of a surprise
>>
>>62327309
>2). NO WAIVER OF RIGHTS FOR THIS CYBER SECURITY INCIDENT
In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident.

I guess they changed their mind on that.
>>
>>62327303
That bit was added much later after public outcry. Initially, if you wanted them to shield your credit, you had to give up your litigation rights. And there's nothing stopping them from claiming that they were ""overwhelmed"" and didn't have the time to confirm your opt-out request.
>>
Love a good non-neet ownage, put your money into the hands of the jews and pay for it
>>
>>62327327
That just stinks of their upper echelon trying to see how much they can get away with. Just add the arbitration clause to cover their asses, and if people cry hard enough, pull it and make themselves appear like the good guys.
>>
>>62327252

If security was not a high priority this would have happen many many many years ago. Don't be retarded. And "suing a company into non-existence" is extremely childish was of looking at things.
>>
>>62327398
And normies will eat that shit up.
>>
>>62327328
>Initially, if you wanted them to shield your credit, you had to give up your litigation rights
from what i understand, it was a clarification on the terms. any agreement after the fact would be unenforceable. it'd be like hitting you in the head with a baseball bat and then giving you a document that says we can discuss what just happened if you promise not to sue. a judge would invalidate it immediately.
>>
>>62327328
If it follows standard legal procedures, as long as you ship it before the certain date, then that counts as submitting before the deadline.
>>
>>62327399
>If security was not a high priority this would have happen many many many years ago.
It's been happening for years at all the credit reporting agencies because they all had chronically poor security practices. This was just the big one.

>And "suing a company into non-existence" is extremely childish was of looking at things.
Why? They failed to uphold their obligations. What's the point in keeping a company around that can't fill their role in the marketplace?
>>
>America
>>
>>62327446
I hope that's the case. Arbitration is virtually unregulated that I fear any weasling on the company's end might be possible.
>>
>>62327213
>It's not their intention for your data to be stolen, they spend money on keeping it safe.

irrelavent

>They do all they can to keep it safe.

This remains to be seen

>Again, they have people daily trying to get access to them, eventually something is going to happen, Equifax isn't the first and they aren't the last.

So do fucking banks. When was the last time a major bank had a data breech of all its users?

>How is anyone going to benefit from a lawsuit? Are you going to be safer somehow, are they going to try EXTRA harder now? There's nothing to gain from it.

Nope, if someone is harmed from this data leak, which is almost a certainty, then they should get some sort of remuneration
>>
File: limits.jpg (42KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
limits.jpg
42KB, 625x505px
>>62326984
>>
>LE EPIN RUSSIAN BOOGEYMAN

do liberals have no shame at all anymore?
>>
Hopefully the Russians can do this to the other two and we'll finally be free of the credit bureau jew.
>>
>>62327598

yes, trust the little blurb dont bother reading the actual small print
>>
>>62327664
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/media/grid?idx=0

It was in response to the NY Attorney General's inquiry.
>>
File: 1475575806341.jpg (122KB, 685x1311px) Image search: [Google]
1475575806341.jpg
122KB, 685x1311px
>>62326520
>What do you think?
How long before all those crazy neocon jews and libtards end up blaming MUH RUSSSSIANS on this?

kek

Couldn't give a fuck tho... my credit is shit anyway.
>>
File: George_F._Kennan_1947.jpg (54KB, 641x400px) Image search: [Google]
George_F._Kennan_1947.jpg
54KB, 641x400px
>>62327683
>genetically driven

reminder that there was absolutely nothing wrong in the long telegram
>>
>>62327664
I actually read the small print. Nowhere in the Terms of Use did any of the contract apply to Equifax itself, only the company which Equifax owns. You can read the first sentence and realize that Equifax is not excused from any arbitration.
>>
>>62327692
all his work was for nothing. russians will outlast the US. US is already falling apart due to massive immigration and identity politics.
>>
File: 220px-Nietzsche187a.jpg (19KB, 219x298px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nietzsche187a.jpg
19KB, 219x298px
>>62327722
>US is already falling apart due to massive immigration and identity politics.

which is mainly due to the slow death of religion
>>
File: 1498239413626.jpg (36KB, 774x435px) Image search: [Google]
1498239413626.jpg
36KB, 774x435px
>you fell for the credit meme
>>
>>62327747
>religion
maybe so.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_SURVEY_WHITE_CHRISTIANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-06-06-46-35
>>
>>62326520
Why doesn't the CIA try to kill these people?
>>
>>62327769
The (((people))) that own the CIA aren't affected by this so (((they))) aren't going to sic (((their))) dogs on anyone.
>>
>>62327683
he's not wrong though.
>>
File: 1477026564036.jpg (9KB, 291x288px) Image search: [Google]
1477026564036.jpg
9KB, 291x288px
>>62327747
>tfw Christianity is the lesser evil
>tfw the reason atheism fails is because the general population is retarded
this truly is saddening
>>
>be american
>get doxxed by incompetent corporate oligarchy

But at least you have mu h guns
>>
File: 1500666510335.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500666510335.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>62326938

Hmm, I hope you aren't implying these people are in any way necessary for the world not ending, nor are they in any way special (as in no one else could their job without a summer of khan academy). Business isn't an art and gab along with it. The VAST majority of these fucks got where they are through nepotism and that's IT.
>>
>>62327597

There's actually quite a bit of case law in regards to this.

If the data was just out in the open and unprotected then they'll have to pay.

If the hacker had to actually do something malicious at all, then they won't have to pay.

Best way I can compare it, is like how car insurance companies won't pay for a stolen vehicle if you purposely left it running with the keys in it in your driveway.
>>
File: 2f24f46.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2f24f46.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>62327842
i have a serious question

hypothetically, if i'm concerned for my safety vis a vis my identity being stolen

and i think the threat is some guy, let's use a random hypothetical name like John and some random verb like Gamble. if i think the threat is this guy john gamble leaking my SSN, driver's license number, address, etc... everything necessary to steal my identity, hypothetically

like i have a very real fear that he's going to catastrophically ruin my life

hypothetically

could i just fucking shoot him?

in florida?

in texas?

where would i have to lure this John Gamble in order to kill him and not go to prison for murder?

hypothetically.
>>
>>62327897
Go to bed, you're drunk.
>>
>>62327823
good goy
>>
>tfw you just don't care anymore
have you fugs not been paying attention?
anyway, still want to get in the sec field, seems very interesting.
don't plan on buying a car or a house any time soon so eh. ill just keep doing what ive been doing and monitor the score.
>>
>>62326568
this

the West should respond more forcefully to their bullshit, enough is enough
>>
The sad thing is, nothing is going to happen to the big CEO's who allowed this to happen. This hack happening a few months ago, but we're only hearing about it now because they had to sell their precious stocks.
>>
File: mamamamama.gif (774KB, 276x220px) Image search: [Google]
mamamamama.gif
774KB, 276x220px
This is nothing like Mr Robot. This is one of a number of credit bureau that merely aggregate credit information on people. This is really fucking stupid, and might fuck a lot of people's finances up.
>>
File: 1396231175834.jpg (65KB, 512x420px) Image search: [Google]
1396231175834.jpg
65KB, 512x420px
my predictions

-illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
-"russian" data mining to get social security benefits on anyone recently deceased, to fund either some rebellion, insurgency, or a really huge false flag
-looking for trumps credit score
-data mining american citizens to get more illegal immigrants

protip: russia is really fucking muslim. You don't know it becuase all you hear about is muh putin, muh hackers, and muh vodka.
could be ISIS setting up their cyberwarfare division in russia.
might make sense becuase ISIS is funded by isreal and Isreal hates russia becuase Putin wants to be the head of the NWO and not the Kikes.
>>
>>62328254
>illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
its me

heheh too bad they didn't suspect that i'd be a NEET with no credit posting on 4chan. score 1 for the good guys
>>
>>62326907
so y'all genuinely think social security is a capitalistic idea?
>>
>be American
>get cucked
What else is new?
>>
How much data is this? Somebody give an estimate.
>>
File: 81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg (55KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg
55KB, 365x450px
>>62328389

In a way, yeah
>>
>>62326520
how come the ebil hackers always use cockli?
>>
>>62327683
>almost genetically driven
>xenophobic
>what are hyperboles
top class journalism right here
>>
File: 20170420110736_glitch.jpg (245KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
20170420110736_glitch.jpg
245KB, 546x896px
I want off the ride. Everyone who has any actual power in this world is an asshole, and everyone who says they want change is working for some ridiculous "cause" that doesn't really fix the issue and causes more problems on top of it.
>>
>-illuminati relentlessly scraping data to find the next jesus christ
We tried that, our AI went nuts. Then we sent another AI after *that* AI and the second AI went nuts too. And now the AIs have brainfucked Jesus and they think they're God.
>>
>my info gets compromised through anthem few months back
>file credit freezes and monitoring services through Equifax
>my info is now compromised again

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>62326520
Kek. First Irma now this. This weekend is getting better and better.
I should get more popcorn...
>>
>>62327213
I've never seen this level of corporate cock sucking. Do you work for them?
>>
>>62327835
People just wanna be hedonist degenerates if there's no set of social rules written in stone, it's sad that religion is the only one to achieve that and even only to a certain point.
And to any criticism the common response is "dude have fun YOLO".
>>
File: ouroboros.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>>62327213
You do realize that a couple Equifax execs sold millions of dollars worth of stock two weeks after the hack, and two weeks BEFORE we were told about it?
>>
>>62327399
>If security was not a high priority this would have happen many many many years ago
your logic is backwards. that it happened at this arbitrary moment instead of an arbitrary in the past is not proof of good security. youre turning correlation into causation but you dont even have a correlation
>>
No worries guys Equifax will probably give everyone a year of free credit monitoring. Problem solved.
>>
>>62327013
Somebody's credit score is their life. There's too much tied to it in America. If you think it shouldn't be taking more seriously than you still live with your parents
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erp8IAUouus
>>
>>62327213
>I want to give all my compensation to the company that fucked half of America over

t. Equifax employee, $0.03 has been deposited into your now insecure account.
>>
File: 1403679676698.jpg (26KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
1403679676698.jpg
26KB, 367x411px
>>62329396
I-it's like someone wants this chaos...
>>
Americans themselves are to blame.
There would be no problem if you used asymmetric cryptography instead of SSN.
Every citizen would get a Social Security Key Pair (i.e. private and public key)
You could even let citizens generate their own private key. Then, as an added benefit, everyone could communicate with each other 100% secure and encrypted using their Social Security Key Pair
>>
File: 1279800241866.png (189KB, 624x444px) Image search: [Google]
1279800241866.png
189KB, 624x444px
so what is the worst that will happen to the CEOs?
2-4 year prison sentence and maybe a $4-5M fine?
>>
>>62327213
>If they pay out $10 billion dollars, and say 143 million people get a payout. Great you got like $70? I'd rather that money go towards more security.
$10B is 57% of their market cap. Even if every cent goes to the lawyers, the company will cease to exist. If seeing that happen doesn't get the two other reporting bureaus to step up their security game, then nothing will.
>>
>>62332150
What America needs is not just a better social security number we need a national ID system. If we had an actual ID system then banks and other places wouldn't be using SSNs as ID in the first place.
>>
>>62332116
If the leak makes credit rating useless and resets it for everyone, isn't that positive, a form of economic jubilee? A wealth transfer to the indebted?

Nah, that's not it. Credit rating will continue to work as usual.

People are just assblasted about their debts becoming public domain knowledge. Burgers for some reason obsess over their debts as that's their base indicator of status. Must pretend everything is their own money, not overextended credit.
>>
>>62328049
>someone is russian
>so we should punish the entire country
why didn't we bomb austria in 1945?
>>
>>62332278
>prison sentence
o i am laffin
>>
>>62332344
Yes, the ID would be a private/public key pair
Just use PGP.
Problem solved.
>>
>>62332412
that implicitly means having to sit at home with one of those trackers and not leave if you are rich, anon
>>
>>62332431
You're smoking crack if you think they'll get even that much
>>
>>62332431
>>62332278
>so what is the worst that will happen to the CEOs?
Their annual bonus will be cut from $20,000,000 to $5,000,000
>>
>>62326520
Now's a good time to "steal" your own identity if you want a credit agency to bankroll some large purchases.
>>
>>62332377
>If the leak makes credit rating useless and resets it for everyone, isn't that positive, a form of economic jubilee? A wealth transfer to the indebted?
Not him, but that's just stealing. Why would it be positive?
>Hey bank, can you lend me some money?
>uhh why don't you have it yourself?
>I want to get a lot of money right now!
>well okay... but what am I getting out of it? I would be unable to spend the money myself while I lend it to you, plus you could just run away with it!
>How about I pay you a little extra back to make it worth your while?
>okay deal, here's your money
nothing wrong with '''debt'''
>>
>americans keep getting fucked no matter what
More '''news''' at eleven!
>>
Can I trust them or nah?
>>
File: worst security.png (21KB, 966x81px) Image search: [Google]
worst security.png
21KB, 966x81px
>>62332576
You tell me.
>>
>>62327259
>tfw tinfoilers not wanting to be "part of the system" were the sane ones all along
>>
>>62332377
>credit rating
jesus why is this still a thing in the usa
in any other normal country there's no such thing or it exists only to filter out people who take loans and don't pay
>>
>>62332605
>tfw tinfoilers not wanting to be "part of the system" were the sane ones all along
The only people who were "right" here were the ones who didn't want to be a part of it, but knew that it was borderline impossible NOT to be a part of it, literally taking preventative action from the day you were born.

There is nothing that this service can do that you can't also do with 2 free services: Credit Karma (covers Transunion and Equifax) and Credit Sesame (covers Experian).

Between those two services, you are covered. They even alert you the second something new hits your report, like a credit card application (I know because I just tested it last night).
>>
>>62329589
Don't forget Jose, we'd better built a wall for that one, given the Hispanic naming.
>>
>>62328910
3 text files, totalling to 24.6KiB
>>
>>62332150
You really think that would ever work with the stupidity of the average person? Implementation would be a nightmare of monumental proportions.
>>
>>62332496
And when you get caught, you go to jail for fraud!
>>
>>62332150
Hey, it's not like there weren't people who was aware of this problem. But there's a big difference between knowing that someone is pulling the trigger of a gun from 20 feet away, and being able to dodge the bullet.

Average Americans had absolutely zero ways to protect themselves from this.
>>
>>62332639
Yeah it's pretty hard/impossible to keep all your data out of there. Guess you could always freeze your credit, close all credit cards, and go back to cash only / bitcoin only, or buy Amazon or whatever gift cards with cash.

Just wait until the government eliminates cash....
>>
>shit credit and very little of value to my name
>these idiots leak my information so i sue them into the dirt and end up better off having my identity stolen

pssh nothing personnel jews
>>
>>62332757
>freeze your credit
An option, albeit one that isn't free. You can also do an Initial Fraud Alert for free. Lasts 90 days, and every time any new line of credit is about to be opened, rather than getting flat-out rejected by a credit freeze, you get a phone call confirming what you are doing.
>>
File: SID900.gif (51KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
SID900.gif
51KB, 400x271px
>>62332698
The US went to the moon. Surely they can figure out a cheap, simple device to make PGP accessible to all citizens.
>>
>>62326520
Ahh russians the perfect scape goat.
>>
>>62332798
When you really get down to it, Germany went to the moon with an American flag.
>>
>>62332798
The problem isn't with the US government. Social Security numbers were never meant to be tied to credit. It was just to keep track of how many years you worked, so that you could retire when you hit age 65. That's it.

The issue was the private market. You could swap out the number with something encrypted, but that doesn't mean that the credit reporting agencies will store that new thing with adequate encryption.
>>
>>62332775
good luck finding some fucking russians in who-gives-a-shit land
>>
>people ACTUALLY defending equifax and think they owe their customers nothing for losing their important personal information to fraud and all sorts of other shit potentially ruining their lives
>>
>>62332834
>You could swap out the number with something encrypted, but that doesn't mean that the credit reporting agencies will store that new thing with adequate encryption.
With pubkey auth, there is no problem with storage. In fact, the public key must be public to be useful, hence the name.
>>
>>62332858
Who did that?
>>
>>62332834
could be worse

You could be like Sony a few years ago who got hacked and many customer's credit cards were stolen because Sony stored them in plaintext
>>
>>62332858
there are people who defend bandwidth caps and the lack of internet neutrality
>>
>>62332884
Isn't that essentially what happened regarding Equifax, only it was literally everything?
>>
>>62332841
>suing the perpetrators
>not just going after the billion dollar retard credit agency that let it happen

not that it matters since this was done by the cia to turn more americans against the big ebul russians
>>
>>62332893
I hope they get sued into the ground. Fuck their TOS "you can't sue us we will arbitrate" clause bullshit
>>
>>62326520
hopefully it affects the people in charge so they have a reason to do something about the shit system that allows people to get credit and loans with such little information.
>>
>>62332921
Nah, those elites protect their own they aren't going to lift a finger for anyone else they don't have to
>>
>>62332911
that TOS would never hold up in court and they know it
they're just trying to scare retards away
>>
>>62332911
They never stated that. Attorney General of NY confirmed this.

>>62327673
>>
>>62326520
literally a nothing burger
>>
>>62328389
>An idea borne in capitalism to save it from itself.

It is, you.
>>
>>62332921
There is no way it will affect them. Most you can hope for is that they'll go to jail for insider trading.
>>
>>62326520
if they dont held equifuck accountable for every credit card fraud that will occur this is going to be a shitshow
>>
>>62333012
Borderline impossible to do so. You'd have better luck holding cigarette companies accountable for people with lung cancer.
>>
>>62332581
Jesus fuckin' christ.
>>
>>62327235
>Give us your SSN to determine if you SSN was stolen!

Fucking retarded design. SSN needs to stop being relied upon so god damn heavily.
>>
>>62333030
What? You thought these fucks would learn their lesson, and roll out anything resembling something secure? I mean, they knew about if from July 31, and didn't announce it until, what, the 7th of September?

You didn't think they waited out of concern for us, did they? The execs were selling off all their stocks.
>>
>>62326520
There should be extremely tough legal consequences for health care providers, consumer credit reporting agencies, etc. for data breaches. That would teach them to have ultra-secure systems where they would have many layers of security so that even a breach would be very limited in scope.
>>
>>62333058
I never expect anything good anymore, still disappointed most of the time tho.
>>
>>62332807
t. russian
>>
>>62332581
I don't understand this image.
>>
>>62333026
its very much possible to do so but this will pretty much fuck em right down the ass
>>
>>62327266
kek
>>
>American
>people
pick one
>>
>>62333079
There is no possible consequence that will hurt even one tenth as much as the harm they can dole out.

Don't believe me? Look up "fractional reserve banking." Only a very tiny percentage of our economy is even represented by actual cash (which itself is backed by nothing). Guessing very optimistically, 90% of money only exists as 1's and 0's, and 10% is physical. With half the credit reporting info of the nation, it would be safe to wager that they could do more than 10% harm to the economy, which would (again, optimistically) eclipse the total amount of currency in circulation.
>>
File: 1502492767759.jpg (36KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
1502492767759.jpg
36KB, 480x459px
>>62333099
Nah I'm a burger. I'm just really sick of the whole Russian thing. I don't trust when people use it, I know that there are a lot of Russian hackers but there's tons of chinese hackers now too and signatures can be faked (we already know this) probably a lot of hacking groups are multi-national now too.

I just chalk up "Russian hackers" as a knee jerk reaction and a quick response to show that they're not as incompetent as you thought because they already know who did it.

>We've narrowed it down to a gigantic country
>see we're not worthless, we're on top of things
>>
>>62333174
If they had half a brain, they would have set up a honeypot in the server. But, knowing them, they had a kneejerk reaction, flipped a switch, and shut everything down all at once.

Doesn't really matter, either way. Once the info is out, there's not much chance of putting it back in.
>>
>>62333145
You want something even scarier, imagine what a tiny percentage of our GDP is actually real and not imagined.
>>
>get Russian VPN
>hack
>be "Russian hacker"
>>
>>62333232
Yeah. That's pretty much what I was getting at. The banking system is flawed, and represents a large portion of the economy. If 2008 didn't drill that into everyone's head, then it's time to wake up, because even without this, the Student Loan bubble is WAY overdue for popping. Only reason that it hasn't is the EXACT same reason it took so long for the housing market to crash (for more on this, watch The Big Short, and disregard the 5 minutes, as that was slapped on for political purposes).
>>
File: DJSaw02W0AAHD6k.jpg-large.jpg (125KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
DJSaw02W0AAHD6k.jpg-large.jpg
125KB, 1191x670px
>>
File: jwtlCIN.jpg (7KB, 717x357px) Image search: [Google]
jwtlCIN.jpg
7KB, 717x357px
It's comin' lads this might actually do some "de-class cucking." Shame shit like this has to happen first before anybody does anything.
>>
>>62333257
God damn, was Hitchens a pompous taint stain.
>>
>>62333257
Fuck Hitchens, tsarism was much more preferable than what followed.
>>
>>62333174
that is really funny how they havent still blamed the russians for that
>>
>>62333282
>A good system becomes bloated with government meddling picking winners and losers for decades
>The solution to this is to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and implement something that has never been successfully implemented

Just stop.
>>
>>62333313
t. Tsar Nick II
>>
>>62333251
Exactly what I think whenever they mention that kind of shit.
>>
>>62331063
Thats basically inside trading.......
>>
>>62333344
Drop the "basically." It's the textbook definition of insider trading.
>>
>>62333232
The part involving illegal drug sales. It's an all cash business you can't buy dope with a visa card.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2009/dec/13/drug-money-banks-saved-un-cfief-claims
>>
>>62333316
I'd be fine with the state if that shit didn't keep happening tho, I'm not going to shit on USSR for no reason tho.
>>
>>62333316
it was successfully implemented, that's why people suffered so much in the ussr
communism is basically dividing people into two classes
>workers
>people who have something to eat
and the second class is only for the members of the communist party
>>
Oh boy, I sure do love having to pay for credit monitoring service for the rest of my life, instead of forcing the government to modernize their social security system

How fucking hard could it possibly be to revamp the system and issue new numbers to everyone who files federal tax returns next year
>>
>>62326520
I FUCKING WARNED YOU ASSHOLES WHAT THE END RESULT OF DIGITIZING EVERYFUCKINGTHING WAS GOING TO DO. ARMAGEDDON.
THAT'S THE WAY SHE GOES SOMETIMES BOYS.
>>
>>62333359
There's plenty of reasons to shit on the USSR, bud. It's been turned into a joke, but the original phrase was, "In Soviet Russia, you wait for bread. In United States, bread waits for you!" This, of course, was comparing the bread aisle of your grocery store to the bread lines that USSR had.
>>
>>62332344
>we need a national ID system.
NOPE
>>
>>62333396
Don't have to pay for shit. All three major branches are covered by 2 free apps. Credit Karma and Credit Sesame.
>>
>>62332861
>With pubkey auth, there is no problem with storage.
There's a reason PKIs exist. It's to solve the problem of key storage. Suggesting that the government issue private keys to every citizen implicitly makes them the root signing authority of a new PKI tree.
>>
>>62333417
you mean (((free)))

They sell your info to credit card companies
>>
>>62333105
it shows their https is garbage compared to 4chan and some other amateur site, putting in perspective how sloppy big corps are
>>
>>62333456
No, they use your info to serve you ads for credit cards you can qualify for. Credit card companies don't give a shit about your info until you try to apply for one of their cards, at which point, they go to the credit reporting agencies and give you a "hard hit."

Occam's razor. Them getting that info means they have to pay to protect it. Why bother, when there is no guarantee of any profit?
>>
>>62326520
>Google and Microsoft steal your data
>it's fine
>Russians steal your data
>not fine
Fuck off.
>>
>>62333105
There is no Extended Validation of the HTTPS. The HTTPS isn't secured by DNSSEC. And, because there is no DNSSEC, there can't be any TLSA record. Tutanota, an email provider with free accounts, has this. 4chan doesn't have EV of their HTTPS, but they are secured by DNSSEC (but have no TLSA record).

That shitty company is the worst of the lot, by a very wide margin, which is surprising, considering they are asking for all the relevant info regarding your SSN (the first 3 digits do nothing but refer to location you were born).
>>
>>62333400
>*DIGITIZING EVERYFUCKING EXTREMELY SLOPPILY AND WITHOUT REGARDS TO COMMON CYBER SECURITY LESSONS THE REST OF THE WORLD LEARNED DECADES AGO
ftfy
>>
File: BE002502-P.jpg (487KB, 1038x539px) Image search: [Google]
BE002502-P.jpg
487KB, 1038x539px
>>62333403
The bread waits for you. How awfully clever.
>>
>>62326520
>It feels like watching mr robot...
fuck off to your containment site (lainchan) underage
>>
>>62333415
yes. its only purpose would be authentication, not verification like you fucking idiots use it for right now, with all observable consequences

american IT is fucking laughable
>>
>using cock.li for your cybercrime

these are slav-shits alright
>>
>>62333517
Thank whichever Russian visitor/immigrant thought that up.
>>
>>62333517
Man, that looks brutally cold.
>>
>>62333538
*authentication and not authorization
>>
>>62326520
>except credit cards
whats the fucking point then?
oh right, they sell that on the black market for own profit, they arent doing this because some higher porpoise

fuck off with your kiddie shit
>>
>>62333650
People are protected against credit card fraud. They want to hurt people, not companies.
>>
>>62333359
>I'm not going to shit on USSR for no reason tho.
USSR was worse then the Nazis where. You don't hear the same shit about them because they won WWII. You don't judge the winners.

They killed free thinking people, slaughtered minorities, sent people into concentration camps where they worked until they died of hunger or cold.
>>
File: 1486696484377.png (639KB, 649x611px) Image search: [Google]
1486696484377.png
639KB, 649x611px
>>62327285
It isn't legal. The SEC *really* does not like it when people do this.

>>62327398
>That just stinks of their upper echelon trying to see how much they can get away with.
Oh, no doubt.

I guarantee you every executive is thinking exactly one thing right now: "How can I minimize damage to myself?"

They don't give a fuck about you. They'd sell you to the Devil for 25 cents if they could get away with it.

>>62327835
The only correct response is to make as much money as you can, without regard to anyone else. That's the world we live in, and I (and all the smart players) are embracing it. Fuck other people. Put yourself first.

>>62329449
kek

>>62332278
>$4-$5M fine
Heh

>prison sentence
Ha. Hahaha.

Hahahahaha.

Oh man anon. You funny.

>fun personal note

My credit score has stayed relatively unchanged from 760 (within 1 point) over the last 6 months, and the most recent updates are putting it around 740. No new cards, no change in spending, no new loans... Just a 20 point dip. The TransUnion site said I may have been compromised... Looks like I'm gittin' fucked, boys! What a day.
>>
File: 1496421413783.jpg (57KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1496421413783.jpg
57KB, 480x451px
>>62326520
>national.shitposting.agency
what has /g/ done know
>>
File: 1500866284645.jpg (20KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
1500866284645.jpg
20KB, 236x341px
When you go to open a financial account like say a savings or checking account at a bank or insurance or a brokerage account, they are required by Know Your Customer laws and anti-moneylaundering laws to collect all your sensitive personal information and keep it on record because the government has a fetish for tracking everything you do like it's 1984. And remember that it's the US government that forcefully shut down privacy things like numbered bank accounts that companies used to happily provide before they got threatened by US gov, and more recently companies happy to accept bitcoin before they got threatened by US gov. So you can't say it's the companies that want to do this, there are companies that would be happy to respect your privacy, it's the US government that is forcing this collection of information. So to those thinking that more government is the answer, think again because they may just use this as another excuse to collect even more information. Remember that they have been proposing for awhile requiring you to login with your government issued ID before you can even connect to the internet and everytime you post on the internet so they can track and monitor all activity on the internet.
>>
>>62333718
At bare minimum, you should file an Initial Fraud Report. You might also want to enroll in a credit monitoring site. Someone mentioned that Credit Karma and Credit Sesame cover all 3.
>>
>>62333718
>The only correct response is to make as much money as you can, without regard to anyone else. That's the world we live in, and I (and all the smart players) are embracing it
/biz/ is that you? I'm interesting because I'm starting to actually think this may be a good idea worth considering.
>>
File: La_conquête_du_pain.jpg (58KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
La_conquête_du_pain.jpg
58KB, 400x600px
>>62333711
Just like literally only they, and no other country, that was the US (although not nearly to the extent of the ussr) or any of it's foreign interests.

Also I don't like the USSR, not really a tankie myself, just not going to shit on it unfairly
>>
>>62333793
Not who you are responding to, but I would be shocked if someone on this site wasn't playing the game, whether they knew it or not. The key isn't to find a way out, it's to exploit the rules to your advantage, and defend yourself against the exploits that can be used against you.

It's arguably the only game you are forced to play. You may as well win it.
>>
>>62333816
>Just like literally only they, and no other country, that was the US (although not nearly to the extent of the ussr) or any of it's foreign interests.
Could you rephrase this? I'm afraid I don't get what you're trying to get across. Not trying to attack, but I don't want to ignore you out of a lack of understanding, either.
>>
>>62327091
Actually their IT is shit. Look at the website that they set up. It's not even a subdomain of equifax.com.
>>
Descubriran una pagina oh programa donde se pueda hackear targetas de credito ?
>>
>>62326520
>@national.shitposting.agency
They're using cock.li
>>
>>62333841
I've been thinking about that too. Like there is the desire to just bug out like in a rural cabin or something. But on the other hand maybe it would be better to learn their game and exploit it. It's kinda like hacking and making money overlap when you think about it because in both you think about how to bend the rules.
>>
>national.shitposting.agency
oh boy, vc is fucked
>>
>>62333874
Sorry I worded that badly. I'm sure you've heard this before but the US and it's interests (espcially in south america), ran the whole nine yards of totalitarian bullshit, much like all states do. The stories of junta controlled El Salvador is particulalry horrific
>>
File: 1488327626352.jpg (13KB, 225x211px) Image search: [Google]
1488327626352.jpg
13KB, 225x211px
>>62333793
>/biz/ is that you?
Lol, didn't realize I was on /g/. /biz/ is a bunch of retards but the mentality is objectively correct: put yourself first, always. That doesn't mean "be a douche bag" - in fact most of the time it means being a good person; that tends to make success easier.

>>62333752
I'm already signed up for 1 site but I can't remember which. I'll also do the initial fraud report, though. Thanks anon.
>>
>>62327747

way off the us is falling because women are not having the babies because you gave them education and careers.If you want to pay off your welfare ponzi scheme then you need to import immigrants. also you gave women the right to vote and women are naturally leftest/collectivist because they are the weaker gender.
>>
>>62333979
Exactly. Even if you bug out, that doesn't mean that someone else can't exploit your weakness while you're gone, and if/when you need to return (like, say, for some health reason), you can come back to find yourself utterly fucked.

>>62334004
Ok. I get where you are coming from now. Yes, the US is by no means innocent. We even had our own concentration camps. We just didn't have our supply lines cut like the Nazis, and had the ability to produce enough food for everyone, unlike the USSR.
>>
>>62334016
>I'm already signed up for 1 site but I can't remember which. I'll also do the initial fraud report, though. Thanks anon.
If you have a smart phone, get the apps. They will start ringing the second anyone does a hard credit check on you. I tested this myself last night.
>>
>>62334081
not the one you replied to but in Genesis 3 right after the fall into sin God was pretty much predicting feminism or more specifically he was saying Eve's curse would be her internal struggle with the desire to rule over her husband but her husband would rule over her.
>>
>>62334128
Dang. I didn't realize they were that fast, I figured it would be a few weeks minimum between a hard pull and actually getting an update.
>>
>>62326520
this shit makes going amish look like a good idea
>>
>>62334146
No. I wanted to test it out, so I applied for that new paypal card. 2 percent cash back is better than I had, so I figured, "fuck it, lets give it a go." Shit only hard hit Transunion, so I can't vouch for Credit Sesame (it's Experian only), but Credit Karma and my Capital One app (which includes Creditwise) went nuts. Both sent alarms off on my phone, had notifications pop up, and sent me emails.
>>
>>62334081
>>62334133
>career
>immigrants
>weakness
>rights

Seems pretty spooked.
Who ya gonna call?
>>
>>62334202
Max Stirner!
>>
>>62333502
>>62333464
What addon?
>>
>>62333316
>political party manifesto
>the ruler by which all communism is judged.

And it's kind of lame, there are more books that Marx wrote, better books, that came later in his career. And that's if you want to leave the definition of communism up to Marx, and there were socialists before, during and after Marx that don't agree with him.
>>
>>62334314
DNSSEC/TLSA Validator. How to install it depends on what browser you're using. Luckily, Tutanota has a lovely tutorial for everything.

https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/dane-how-to-browser-plugins
>>
File: how socialism thrives.jpg (86KB, 964x403px) Image search: [Google]
how socialism thrives.jpg
86KB, 964x403px
>>62334333
Yes, I know that communism and socialism thrive by not having a nailed down definition. That is what makes the ideology so tough to kill.
>>
>>62334369
thank
>>
>>62334399
Happy to help. Remember, if ANYTHING is EVER the color red, don't type anything. You can try reloading the page or restarting the browser, and if that doesn't fix it, just close the tab. Security is compromised.
>>
>>62334385
As a socialist I can tell you it dies by this splintering too, there aren't really any leftist groups that are actually big enough to do anything right now. But when you have a ideology that has the goal of politcal and economic freedom, people having a lot of different ideas on how it could work is not necissarily a bad thing (although it sucks when you try to organize)

Also side note socialism is about social ownership, not automatically public ownership, communists are going for common ownership of the MOP. Remember the USSR was not at the time communist, but was trying to reach it, and whether they were socialists is up to how you define it.
>>
>>62334508
I am aware that the definition of socialism and communism is different. True communism has never been achieved. It seems that those who obtain power are either unable or unwilling to give it up.

But hey, it sure led to some real cutting edge tech. I mean, using light therapy for cancer in the 1980's? Having a car that was more wood than metal? Couldn't get that in the US, and I'll openly admit that. That said, I don't think it was worth the trade off of waiting hours in line for bread.
>>
File: ed0.jpg (88KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed0.jpg
88KB, 640x628px
>>62328049
>>62326568
>B-but it was her tuuuuuurrrrrrrnnnnnnn!!!!
>>
>>62334540
>BREADLINE BREADLINE BREADLINE BREADLINE BREADLINE BREADLINE, HEY REMEMBER THE BREADLINE, BREADLINE BREADLINE.

I'll be honest if I had to choose between everybody gets to have some and you stand in line for a bit, and some people get it and some don't 'cause market, and still sometimes you have to wait, besides america had/has plenty of soup kitchens russia was not special in that regard.

You also forgot they made it to space first.
>>
>>62334658
Yea but we made nukes first and got to the moon first.
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>62334658
Name someone going without food for a day.

See, the real thing is that you're terrified that everyone is as selfish as you are, and you might need help at some point, or even right now. For all the "compassion" of the left, they are the least charitable people. For Marx's disdain of Communism, he could never find an unpaid laborer, even as he keep his maid unpaid right up until he died.

Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you.
>>
>>62334685
> For Marx's disdain of Communism
Meant Capitalism.
>>
File: 1498071104766.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498071104766.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
>>62332581

I'd like to imagine that somewhere, their network team members are screaming and pleading for the top echelon to listen to them for once.

'The hacks happened because their repeated warnings about weak security were brushed off,' they'd wail, 'and now they're about to jeopardize the economic potential of nearly half of Americans.'

But no, the profiteers-in-power won't have any of that nonsense. Roll out the damn website, who cares about security when our company's reputation is at stake! That HTTPS mumbo-jumbo didn't save our database in October anyway.

>when you promote executives via nepotism rather than merit
>the absolute state of Equifax
>>
>>62334658
>Everyone gets some
More like everyone gets none.
>>
>>62334685
Fuck you, don't pretend to know me after talking to me on an anonymous taiwanese woodetching forum. I need help, most of the people I know need help, I live in the rust belt, my best friends
extended family lives in a slum house and I volunteer in a fucking cat sanctuary, you piece of shit. you fucking windowlicker.

Also don't forget about overtly political volunteer groups like fighter and volunteers in rojava, and food not bombs.

>Name one person who went a day without food
worldhunger.org says that 12.7 percent of US households are food insecure, so theres a start
>>
File: 1.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
>>62334540
>>62334385
>>62334333
>>62334685
>>62334658
Communism was flawed as our society just isn't there yet to support it.
There is nothing wrong with Communism, as soon as we are one global nation without religion and governed by an AI, Communism would be a great society to live in.

Retards think Communism is a bad thing without even knowing what it is.
>>
>>62334872
Kys

Communist is a cancer which remains must be purged.

Also I won't let no machine rule me. Men were creted to be free, not to be ruled by Communist dictators or by AI overlords.
>>
>>62326520
God bless the cock man vc for blessing us with @nationalshitposting.agency
>>
File: ancom-flag-with-a.png (42KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ancom-flag-with-a.png
42KB, 1200x800px
>>62334945
Dude, I want neither.
>>
>>62334841
>worldhunger.org says that 12.7 percent of US households are food insecure, so theres a start
Ignoring the rest of your little outburst, lets get to the meat of this argument, eh? Food insecure means "a situation of limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods or limited or uncertain ability to acquire acceptable foods in socially acceptable ways."

That's what Wikipedia says the USDA defines food insecurity as, so I presume you'll be ok with using that definition (if not, feel free to substitute one in your reply). Furthermore, it goes on to say that people who are food secure do not fear going hungry.

If a fear of going hungry is all it takes to be food insecure, than anyone with a brain should be. Certain circumstance can culminate outside of one's control. But, presuming that it necessitates an IMMEDIATE fear of going hungry, there are more than 41 million people on SNAP. It costs $69,800,000,000 per year. It covers 14% of the population. Do they qualify as "food insecure," or is one out of every 3 people needing financial assistance for food? Are the numbers really that high? What about people who rely on any sort of private charity for food? Do they qualify as insecure? If so, we are looking at well over a third of the nation being food insecure, despite the fact that government not only has the food stamp program, but also subsidizes farmers to produce more food (hitting the taxpayer twice).

Who can say what the numbers actually are? I can't. As the phrase goes, "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

The more interesting quesiton is: how many people were food insecure in the USSR? How about Communist China? North Korea? Statistics are pretty meaningless without qualifications, and even less so without something to measure them up against.
>>
>>62334983
>Anarchist

Even worse. At least communism has some political theory behind it. Anarchism is just an edgy teenager ideology.

How would the roads be built?
>>
>>62335035
It's even more retarded. It's anarcho communist.
>>
File: Blade_Runner_sun_window.png (77KB, 541x196px) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Runner_sun_window.png
77KB, 541x196px
>>62334945
>Men were creted to be free
Men were not created; they're just the first step in a process that will hopefully render them as irrelevant and expendable as the dinosaurs and lead to a world of beauty and endeavor that exceeds imagination.
>>
>>62335087
Define irrelevant, and explain how we do not already meet your definition.
>>
>>62326520
Nonburger here
Why is knowing the SSN a security concern?

Do you actually use it as a form of authentication? If someone knows the SSN it means they are the owner?
>>
>>62335127
Used for government benefits, employment, credit cards, loans... pretty much anything you can think of. Add this to the fact that they also have pretty much every other piece of info on you (including past info) that was lost in the hacks, they pretty much have the ability to steal your identity whole-cloth.
>>
>>62335127
Social security numbers despite saying specifically that they are not a national identification number are used as the United States de facto national ID number. If you know someone's social you can steal someone's identity with effectively zero effort and get loans/apply for welfare/open credit cards. If anyone ever tells you the American government isn't brutally incompetent they're lying.
>>
>>62335005
Sorry for the outburst, but you did insult me for no reason (bantz i guess)

USDA
https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/definitions-of-food-security/

https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/key-statistics-graphics.aspx#foodsecure

Food security is up from last time though.

I couldn't find food security numbers for russia during the ussr, but you knew what you were going to see with that one, with all the famine and great depression and whatnot.

>North Korea
>Communist
Only hardcore leninists and maoists believe this
>>
>>62334621
hello dima
>>
>>62335148
>>62335207
So is it only a number or an actual document? Over here we have a national ID but you can't just give the number, you have to show the ID with your photo and it has forgery prevention measures just like bills.
>>
>>62333538
we already have state IDs and birth certificates. Anything more would only further bloat a shitty system.
>>
>>62334872
Communism *only* works if it is handled by entirely impartial entities that cannot be influenced by greed or petty revenge. Which means that it's only possible if God exists, checkmate atheists
>>
>>62335655
Number, with an official card tying it to your name.
>>
>being american in the first place
Already lost the lottery.
>>
Identity Force or Life Lock? Don't want to get hacked
>>
>>62326568
>obvious Cyrillic
>must mean it's russians
it's probably the CIA
>>
>>62327213
I'd call you a shill but you're probably just a little bitch. Kill yourself.
>>
>>62333057
you can put in 12345 or "test" and it'll still say you were affected lmao
>>
>>62336261
just tested with 2 bullshit answers and it says not affected
>>
>>62327091
We should have a right to force these companies to completely and permanently delete us from their systems and stop collecting new data on us.

Just like we should have a right to force Google to do the same thing.
>>
>>62327213
Experian shill detected. You're so obvious. This just makes me angrier at them and their board of directors. I have a personal bone to pick with those people now.
>>
>>62327213
>m-muh poor company worth billions, they dindu nuffin!
>>
File: 1492562555953.jpg (38KB, 512x316px) Image search: [Google]
1492562555953.jpg
38KB, 512x316px
>>62332861
>>62333440
The problem is that both ruling parties refuse to issue IDs when they would solve this problem entirely disregarding the fact SSNs are being used like a de facto ID.
A passport card chipped like euro and southern IDs with a keypair would allow to avoid impersonation and would double as a voter ID.
>>
>>62336494
Shut up NWO shill
>>
>>62336642
Tackling the problem means I'm a shill for your conspiracy of the month.
Shut up retard. The government already holds all that information, making it useable would be a good step.
Do you know America is among the few relevant countries without identification?
>>
>>62327026
If you're an American and have ever had a job or asked for a quote or have a bank/credit union account, or done any of the three fucking million things that touch credit score, you're affected.
>>
>>62326520
Should've listened to the communists.
>>
>>62327139
>I pray and hope that it was some undiscovered zero day that caused the hack
SQL injection from an online form without parameterizing input.
>>
>>62339797
>SQL injection
yeah these fucks deserve to get sued for all their worth, they fucked everyone for not doing simple shit that most companies with a competent cyber division should have already managed.
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.