[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does the rumour that arch breaks often come from? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Arch.sh.png (19KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Arch.sh.png
19KB, 700x700px
Where does the rumour that arch breaks often come from?

I've been using it since early 2016 and not once has anything broken. The only thing i remember was spotify not updating once because there was some problem with it on the AUR, but it simply just didnt update until it was fixed. (this was before i started ripping my own lossless files and using deadbeef)

thats not even a break, unless i would've forced it to install spotify - but i was just patient and waited until the next day which allowed me to just install it normally
>>
cont. so where on earth does this hanus meme come from?
>>
Well, because it is "bleeding edge" packages are brand new and therefore have been out and in use for a shorter period of time. That being said, I've been using the same arch installation since 2014. I've also had year to two year old backups run through package updates just fine. Never had any major issues.
>>
Comes from unlucky fucks who `pacman -Syu` every day and get hit with every single mistake ever made by the packagers
>>
Only the aur breaks often from my experience.
>>
>>62326243
Your AUR packages will break only if the maintainer fucks something up. Check shit first, or stick to only getting popular/necessary packages from the AUR. Hell, this is coming from someone who's used `yaourt`
>>
There are many cases for the meme some with warnings and some without. For example, the change to systemd required manual intervention so you were expected to check the Arch website every day for breaking changes. Another example is that the AMD catalyst drivers would break every time the kernel updated which was all the time. A third example is when an update in prelink broke a bunch of systems unexpectedly, mine included.
>>
>>62326050
>Where does the rumour that arch breaks often come from?

from the debian/ubuntu dualbot fags using GNU/Linux so basic even running software in wine and think the command line is an alternative or depecrecated and then when they find they dont even know how to make chroot or fsck starts crying.
>>
>>62326418
Not to mention the fact that laptop NVIDIA drivers just... don't... work... at all... unless you use bumblebee
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.