[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay smartasses. See this fridge? I think it's releasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161121_212734.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161121_212734.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
Okay smartasses.
See this fridge?
I think it's releasing some sort of emps i shit you not and i need your help.
I recently moved to the college dorms and since i don't have a laptop i took my PC with me.
And it just so happened that my table is near this fridge and whenever it starts/ends cooling it fucks up with my pc and i lose sound/keyboard/mouse for like 5 seconds.
I noticed that when i moved my PC a bit further away, everything comes back to normal faster, right now it's around 2 seconds.
How do i fix without moving my table?
>>
File: IMG_20170909_005135.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_005135.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>62321612
oops wrong pic.
here it is.
>>
>>62321612
¿que?
>>
>>62321612
Put that thing in a faraday cage
>>
That's basically exactly what's happening, you might as well stick your computer in a microwave, get it away from that thing.
>>
If its when it starts / stops cooling isn't it much more likely to just be a power thing.

Like the power is wired shitty in your house or the PSU in your PC is weak.

The fridge starts drawing a lot of current and the voltage drops and your power supply can't handle it and has to adjust, and the same when it abruptly stops and the voltage spikes.
>>
>>62321964
i thought about that so i switched the fridge to other extension cord and it is still happening so i came to the conclusion that it must be sending some shit out.
>>
>>62321612
Kek.

Put your PC on a different circuit if available, or get a UPS that handles brownouts.
>>
>>62321612
every electronic device releases some kind of electromagnetic wave you dumbass
>>
>>62321983
Moving it to another outlet on the same circuit makes no difference. Do as >>62321986 and get a UPS if you care about your PC.
>>
>>62321612
This --> >>62321964
I live in a 50 y/o house that's never had the wiring redone and the lights and shit dim every time the A/C kicks on or somebody runs a hair dryer or something. Get one of these or something similar:
https://www.amazon.com/APC-LE1200-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA60?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00009RA60
>>
>>62321964
>>62322015
then why doesn't the pc shut down or the monitor?
and why did it fix things a little when i moved the pc away from the fridge?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.