[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your feature wishes for Win 11? It's gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: win11.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
win11.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
What are your feature wishes for Win 11?
It's gonna come eventually.
>>
>>62321505
I thought Windows 10 was the last version, as Windows switched to a service instead of a product.
>>
>>62321505
Consistent UI + an option to completely disable (((telemetry))).
>>
>>62321516
Yeah, there won't be a Windows 11.
>>
>>62321595
this

can you imagine what a clusterfuck windows 13 would be?
>>
It won't come, they're pushing Windows 10 as just "Windows" now, it's a service from now on.

>>62321557
>Consistent UI
They're already doing this somewhat, practically the whole OS is being restyled in line with their "fluent design" philosophy starting with the fall creator's update thing. Looks pretty good to me but we'll see how it turns out in practice, anything's better than the shit it has now though.

>an option to completely disable (((telemetry))).
This dream has been dead since XP, you just have to accept some form of spying if you use Windows, it's not and never has been for the extremely privacy conscious. It's up to the individual whether or not it goes too far for them.
>>
>>62321505
I'd like it to be lean and fast like windows 8.1

I'd also like it to allow you to pick a user interface from a list of choices. classic, luna, aero, or metro. instead of forcing it on the user.

I'd like it to get rid of the whole activation and genuine advantage bullshit. I don't want the hard drive grinding all the time while windows checks all the file are authenticâ„¢.

and fuck cortana and telemetry

if it takes throwing out all the useless dll's and services and starting from scratch, go for it. they really need to get rid of .net
>>
>>62321505
Win7 sp2
>>
>>62322864
>I'd also like it to allow you to pick a user interface from a list of choices. classic, luna, aero, or metro. instead of forcing it on the user.
You want it to be lean, but you also want them to bloat the shit out of the system with multiple design systems.
They should bring back basic mode, and that's it. Keep their fluent design on track, but provide an alternative for really squeezing performance out of the system. Providing expanded theming support through the store & settings menu (like they currently do but more exhaustive rather than just a new background & mouse cursor).
In addition, although it would be nice if they were to just go "lol fuck legacy" and start getting rid of a bunch of shit for speed, that would be suicide.

I think they should definitely pivot in regards to activation, making the OS free, and instead using the systems already in place to make sure the user downloaded & installed Windows correctly.
>>
Win32 deprecated when?
>>
>>62321505
Windows 10 is pretty much the last version, but I hope they eventually get rid of the unnecessary legacy stuff taking up space on the hard drive. Any computer five years older than the release date doesn't need to be a priority.
>>
>>62323570
>unnecessary legacy stuff
Such as? They removed most of the actual non-functional stuff between XP and 8, the stuff that remains is still largely useful to a lot of people.
>>
>>62321505
There is no major version after 10.

It's going to be 10.X (10.0 first release, 10.1 Anniversary Update, 10.2 Creators Update, etc.) from now on.

Same thing with OS X.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.