[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a social stigma with emails and who gets an email sent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: email-4.gif (12KB, 419x270px) Image search: [Google]
email-4.gif
12KB, 419x270px
Is there a social stigma with emails and who gets an email sent to them first?
Meaning the people in an email chain, if you are the last name on the email chain, does it matter?

Your name is last and doesn't show up first on the list
>>
no it doesn't matter
>>
>>62319322
>this is your brain on autism
>>
File: index.png (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
7KB, 224x225px
>>62319348
Don't you feel bad if your name is behind someone else?

Basically they sent an email and mentioned your name last as if you mean nothing at all, why are the autismo tech guys last on the list?
>>
File: 1460849589518.jpg (8KB, 261x181px) Image search: [Google]
1460849589518.jpg
8KB, 261x181px
>>62319447
I'm happy enough that they even though of me included me in the email

or maybe my name is Zzz Zzz and I'm just last in their address book

nothing to worry about
>>
>>62319487
Thank you

I wish I was like you and could get my brain functioning like a normal adult, but it is kind of hurtful when they include you and you are last on the list.

I guess I'm an idiot, who the fuck am I who needs to be first on the list...
>>
>>62319534
Get well soon, Anon, wish you the best
>>
What's going on in this thread? Everything fine, OP?
>>
File: 1504899294810.png (50KB, 641x769px) Image search: [Google]
1504899294810.png
50KB, 641x769px
>>62319577
>Get well soon, Anon, wish you the best

W-wait, you're not joking??

Am I not acting normally?
>>
My name is Zach Zimmerman, and this is my hell.
>>
>>62319610
No, you are not. A CC list for email is not made in order of the recipients' popularity.
>>
I have another question to ask and this might be kind of weird but it is just who I am, can I ask another question about my tech job and the way I act??
>>
>>62320099
no
>>
>>62320099
yes
>>
>>62320099
maybe
>>
>>62320124
>>62320291
>>62320341
\

Srry, its a stupid question but I don;t think there is anything wrong with it

>Everyone in a meeting
>Someone brings up all the things they're working on
>They do this to show off in front of everyone?
>Someone says good job..
>Few minutes go by, and someone high up in the company says aye anon, how did that one project go
>I spill spaghetti, I don't believe in showing off and acting like I need to share everything with everyone
>I tell them my project and current status
>They say good job anon
>I feel nervous

My question is for what fucking reason do I have to share my project information or is this just talking shop or as they say talking by the water cooler

Some people want to show off and others just want to do their job..

Also, here's a bad thing that I do when someone says good job or hey its anon I get nervous and have a bad self image view

I try to analyze why they said hello to me, or why they said how is it going, or why they said hey its anon

I also don't understand why they say good job anon, if I already know I did a great job

This is just social brownie points isn't it.....
>>
>>62320426
Is English your first language?
>>
>>62320455
No, I wasn't born in America, moved here for career and family reasons

My culture are different, we are very serious and don't smile a lot. I was raised not to smile, people at work try to talk to me to make me smile and feel happy???
>>
>>62320482
Are you Russian?
>>
>>62320493
No, why?
>>
>>62320426
Not everyone is out to get you.
>>
>>62320508
The not smiling a lot/very serious is characteristic of Russians. I think you're just over analyzing. Aren't meetings for discussing projects and progress?
>>
>>62320426
>I don't understand why they say good job
Would you prefer they were rude or bullied you?
>>
>>62320508
Pajeet, right?
>>
>>62319610
Get better soon friend :(
>>
i guess the order of recipients relates to how much the sender cares about each person
>>
>>62320426
This is normal. A lot of managers have regular meetings like this so they can get a big picture of what their department is working on. It's just easier than personally contacting everyone and is a decent excuse to take a break.
>>
>>62320426
>>Everyone in a meeting
>>Someone brings up all the things they're working on
>>They do this to show off in front of everyone?

At my company we have one weekly meeting with everyone from the department
- to inform everyone of what you are doing
- get some important information across
- ask a questions about stuff ("has anyone had this problem", "who can I ask about this", etc.)
- team leader says some important stuff

I imageine it was similar with your meeting?

If you didn't get very far with our own project you don't have to tell them "I suck at this job", instead you go "I'm working on Z, I completed A and B but I had problem X and Y which still need some work". No need need to explain in full detail for 10 minutes that you are a lazy and sad person and have no friends and your dog died last year and the world sucks, just tell them the quick facts about the project. The meeting is not to attack you but to help everyone and yourself there and to get some communication going
>>
>>62319322
If you want to be autistic about it, do it in the same way you attach authors to a paper.
middle is the worst place to be.
>>
>>62320775
Why is the middle the worst?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>62319322
>not adding contacts alphabetically

Do you even autism?
>>
>>62321451
people are most likely to look at the beginning and end
>>
>>62319322
It does in Japan when you're sending emails to your balding seniors. So actually you're not as autistic as you thought!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.