[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been learning python on and off for a couple of years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
opengraph-icon-200x200.png
8KB, 200x200px
I've been learning python on and off for a couple of years now and I've gotten to a point where i cannot go any further with it and find something useful to do with it. What programming language would you suggest to learn that is useful and reasonably easy to learn for someone with mild programming experience?
>>
>>62319131
If you want to stay in brainlet tier then learn lua.
>>
>>62319131
in a CS curriculum the most common choice would be C. C is usually taught for a couple months in the second semester of the first year, as preparation for learning more advanced topics. you have to learn pointer programming at some point, and C is the traditional way to do it

don't stick with C unless you really like it. after C I would learn a basic functional language. you can swap the order if you really want to

by the time you know Python, C, and a functional language you will be capable of having your own opinion about what you want to learn next
>>
>>62319214
(cont). having said that, C is hard to make "useful" from a consumer's perspective. if what you mean by "useful" is you want to make programs like the ones you use every day, then I would learn C# or JavaScript, because these have much better user-facing libraries and are not particularly abstract
>>
>>62319246
Thanks bro, i think I'll start C# soon as it seems very useful in many senses.
>>
>>62319131
>i cannot go any further with it
what do you mean
>>
>>62319131
The reason you are stuck with Python is that the entire design of the language is inconsistent, quirky and idiosyncratic

Learn Ruby by reading "The Well Grounded Rubyist" and you will discover how powerful and useful a scripting language can be if you understand its low level constructs.

Read "Metaprogramming Ruby 2" next and you will be unstoppable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.