[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coding course >HTML >CSS >javascript >that photo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170908_182354.png (372KB, 1080x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_182354.png
372KB, 1080x984px
>coding course
>HTML
>CSS
>javascript
>that photo

What can be done about this people? Besides genocide.
>>
>>62317223
Just kys op
>>
>>62317223
1) Unclinch
2) Find something to do that makes you happy
>>
>yet another perpetually buttrustled autist whinging about people who improve their own lives instead of wallowing in the stench of dried semen and failure
Many such cases!
>>
>>62317223
>MAKING MONEY FROM AFFILIATE CLASSES
>JEWING RETARDS HAND OVER FIST
Idk OP, you could stop being assmad.
>>
File: 1495632555616.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495632555616.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
What's so wrong with normies trying to learn to code? I, for one, am happy that programming is no longer associated with fat-virgin-neckbeard people and is becoming more and more accessible to everyone.
>>
>>62317426
>>62317462
>>62317862
>>62317937
/g/ is dead
not even OP
>>
>>62317937
Lowering of wages, more artificial veneer of "competition." Webdevs calling themselves programmers. Button pushers and template fillers ruining MUH PAYCHECK.
>>62317963
Yeah it's dead. It died a long time ago (2010) and now we're just waiting for this corpse to decompose. Sad!
>>
>>62317937

because /g/ doesn't really know how to code, at least not that well

more people = more competition and that frightens them because they will have to actually demonstrate their ability for real and not just post reaction images and tell people to kill themselves for not knowing how to do something
>>
>>62317981
I've only been here since about 2009 but even a few years ago it was much better than this.

...and now I realize 2009 was 8 years ago. Fuck.
>>
JS is a complete language.

Also in future all programs will be node-webkit or node abominations, get over it.
>>
>>62318051
>9 years of wasting time on 4champ
Fuck
>>
>>62318068
People won't get over everything being an abomination.
>>
>>62317223
>all those problem glasses
Spotting a liberal was never easier
>>
>>62317963
>>62317981
>>62318051
>Oh no, my super secret "no normies allowed" club dead!! ;_;
>>
>>62317981
>Webdevs calling themselves programmers.

They are though. If they're developing platforms in a browser environment, why is that not a programmer?

A shitload of stuff is conducted within a browser environment these days.

>Lowering of wages, more artificial veneer of "competition."

If your skillset is so radically different to these non-programmers, then you don't have to worry.

Go worship the fat kike Stallman and fuck off.
>>
>>62318117
I don't give a shit who posts here as long as you're not a complete faggot about it.
>>
>>62317995
More people actually = lower wages

It's not that there's more competition, it's that the wages lower for everyone in the industry, top to bottom - That's the entire point of getting as many people programming as possible; lower the wages to something like $20k - $30k the way it is in every other field. That's why you've seen MSM brainwashers and social engineers trying to command people to get into programming, and that it'll be a "blue collar job" of the future.

Fortunately, there's a high skill floor that requires both higher than average IQ AND peculiar interest in computers/programming. The vast majority of the population does not have either one, let alone both.
>>
>>62318127
>They are though. If they're developing platforms in a browser environment, why is that not a programmer?
There is a bar that's mutually accepted in the software field of what a programmer's skillset should look like and webdevs calling themselves programmers is lowering that bar. While they may do the technically correct definition of "programming," they don't do any of the additions that separate them from more advanced programmers, like analysis and algorithm creation. They're basically viewed as code monkies by people with harder jobs than theirs.
>A shitload of stuff is conducted within a browser environment these days.
Most of it is, from the aforementioned programmers' points of views, terrible. These apps created by webdevs are terribley insecure and bloated because they're usually not formally taught. Their education consists of either self-teaching only the parts that are directly relevant at the moment or some "coding" bootcamps. Much of this is riddled with holes and doesn't include best practices like not doing authentication on the client-side, etc.
>If your skillset is so radically different to these non-programmers, then you don't have to worry.
The economy isn't split up into tiny, self-contained modules. Every piece is interconnected, and an influx of low-skilled "developers" brings the whole range of salaries down, if only because HR is terrible at anything technical.
>Go worship the fat kike Stallman and fuck off.
These aren't even my personal complaints. I work in a related field that's relatively insulated from retardation at the moment, but I have friends that work along the whole spectrum of programming and the above is the current Zeitgeist they and their colleagues experience.
>>
>>62318226
>like analysis and algorithm creation.

Ok, but literally 95% of the people calling themselves programmers don't do algorithm creation.

>and an influx of low-skilled "developers" brings the whole range of salaries down

Labor markets don't work that way. Just because there's an influx of janitor applicants at the googleplex, it isn't going to bring down Dean's salary band.

Your salary hinges upon the scarcity of your skillset. If you can do things other people simply cannot do, or are incapable of doing for whatever reason, and those skills are in demand, then you'll be able to command a high salary, no matter how many JS-skilled glorified website-makers there are, because the latter are simply incapable of doing what it is you do.

If you support Stallman or some other kike I swear I'll come round to your house and beat the shit out of you personally btw.
>>
>>62318273
>Ok, but literally 95% of the people calling themselves programmers don't do algorithm creation.
Now you see the issue.
>Labor markets don't work that way. Just because there's an influx of janitor applicants at the googleplex, it isn't going to bring down Dean's salary band.
The dean is insulated from the labor market because of his high position. If there is an influx of low-skilled, but cheap and CYA-ed labor that can replace the current ones, they will be replaced. Say if there are both janitors and room-cleaners at a hotel making similar wages. Then you have the janitors replaced with lower-paid janitors. Now, what does management see? Room-cleaners are making disproportionately more money than janitors and that is a problem, so now they will lower those wages. And perhaps even pocket the savings as bonuses for themselves.
>Your salary hinges upon the scarcity of your skillset. If you can do things other people simply cannot do, or are incapable of doing for whatever reason, and those skills are in demand, then you'll be able to command a high salary, no matter how many JS-skilled glorified website-makers there are, because the latter are simply incapable of doing what it is you do.
But once again, programming is not like carpenting or other skillsets. There is no "standard programming skillset" and it is rather hard to judge without any official certifications and accreditations. This is reflected in the current hiring environment where you have HR hiring for terrible qualifiers and making up their own on the spot under the CYA principal. To loop back around, programmers are a melting pot of different bits and pieces, each one has a uniquely different experience level and skillset, unlike carpenters where if you take two apprenticies, they'll likely have the comparable skillsets and knowledge bases. There is a scarcity of technically-competent hiring managers who know the difference between a js-monkey and an embedded-systems developer
(cont).
>>
>>62318152
/g/ was the faggot containment board, still is
>>
>>62318374
>where you have HR hiring for terrible qualifiers

Nigger where do you work where your direct manager isn't interviewing you to assess how relevant your skillset is?

If some rando who can write a basic mailing form in JS/PHP is trying to apply for some sort of NASA-tier shit, the manager is going to know.
>>
>>62318273
(cont.)
This leads right back to irrational expectations and artificial disbalance within the salary pool. There is little concrete evidence for someone's competency in a skillset, so the large part of tech employeers do not base their decisions around it.
>If you support Stallman or some other kike I swear I'll come round to your house and beat the shit out of you personally btw.
Stallman is a fucking weirdo. I'm more of a De Raddt kind of guy ;)
>>
>>62317223
kys my man
>>
>>62318406
>Nigger where do you work where your direct manager isn't interviewing you to assess how relevant your skillset is?
>If some rando who can write a basic mailing form in JS/PHP is trying to apply for some sort of NASA-tier shit, the manager is going to know.
Big 4, government work, etc. Maybe it's different with your workplaces, but all I've been getting is complaints that hiring is all HR.
>>
>>62318175
>Fortunately, there's a high skill floor that requires both higher than average IQ AND peculiar interest in computers/programming.
My IQ is only 87 according to the tests I've taken and I was able to go from 0 to employed data scientist in 4 months, so you're wrong.
>>
>>62318406
>If some rando who can write a basic mailing form in JS/PHP is trying to apply for some sort of NASA-tier shit, the manager is going to know.
Not exactly. Most places test for competence in their degree like whiteboards, but not competence in their programming.
>>
>>62318403
Not that kind of faggot, faggot.
>>
>>62317981
>>62317995
people coming from html/css who are doing js mostly learn some frameworks and can use this to create what they have been taught in their tutorials. they wouldn't know how to deal with minor problems in vanilla js. if this is your competition then you're on the wrong track anyways. they are doing the grindwork.
>>
>>62318516
Senior NodeJS Systems Developer and Head of Angulr JS coordination, and Overseer of ReactJS Architecture Implementation here. My job is serious bizness.
>>
>>62318273
>Labor markets don't work that way.

They do in fact work that way. See:
Women cutting wages across the board with only a 10-15% presence in the industry. Because we all have to have "equal pay" which means all the guys get paid the same as the women, not all the women get paid the same as the guys.

Also see:
Pajeets flooding into the US or programming jobs getting sent to india. The quality of work is subpar and always needs to be cleaned up and fixed by white/asian teams, but it still drops the wages on everyone in the field, even those white/asian guys.

shoo shoo corporate jew
>>
>>62318597
Include me in the "/pol/ go away" rant
>>
>>62318461
case in point
>>
File: potatobox.jpg (100KB, 540x748px) Image search: [Google]
potatobox.jpg
100KB, 540x748px
>>62317223
>about this
[]...about these people?
I fixed that for you, stranger.
>>
>>62317963
bait has evolved and you still take it.
>>
>"Get a taste of what it's like learning code"
>implying it's only *like* learning to code, not *actually* learning to code
>>
File: mag-01.jpg (228KB, 700x963px) Image search: [Google]
mag-01.jpg
228KB, 700x963px
Too much meta ITT.
>>
/g/ is the shittiest board there is, even /v/ is better
>>
>>62318597
>white/asian

hello zhang!
>>
File: 1502764330907.png (940KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502764330907.png
940KB, 960x720px
>>62318871
>/g/ is the shittiest board there is
Not even close.
>>
File: sodio_agua.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sodio_agua.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
>>62317937

Because real coding are Low-level programming language (C, Assembler, Cobol); javascript and css you are another generic web designer.
>>
>>62319746
Never imagined I'd see the day COBOL was called a low level language.
>>
>>62318552
It can be. There are people making money doing squarespace webpages.
>>
>>62318940
What am I looking at?
>>
>>62318718
Does this actually work or am I being fooled?
>>
>>62321055
Looks good. Worst thing that can happen is that you have a small box of earth in your garden.
>>
>>62321055
It does work, but it actually makes things harder compared to the normal way.
>>
>>62317937
Because normies don't know shit about best coding practices, design or architecture. All they'll do is drive the wages down and produce shitty spaghetti code that actual programmers will be forced to fix.
>>
>>62317223
There's no much difference between a code monkey in Haskell and a code monkey in HTML. Everything except MATLAB is plebeian.
>>
>>62321055
It's an overly complicated way of farming potatoes, but yes, it works. 100 lb is probably an ambitious weight of potatoes though. Truth be told it'd be less than half that, and would end up costing the same as grocery store potatoes if you don't have the tools and materials on hand.
>>
>>62318226
You sound mad that the web is the future of programming.
>>
>>62317223
just 3 dudes enjoying a laptop, nothing wrong with this image
>>
>>62318871
I see you've never been in /r9k/
>>
>>62317223
JavaScript is breddy gud desu
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.