[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to work in the graphc design industry these days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Is it possible to work in the graphc design industry these days without using the adobe package? I don't like there current subscription model and want to look into some alternatives to things like Indesign and Illustrator. I've been taking a course on stuff for adobe, but can I use what I learned there in something like Quark xpress or Gimp for instance?
>>
>>62313941
Quark treat their users badly, although they have a good product.
If you are really considering Gimp you'll have no use for either InDesign or Quark; they'll be too advanced for you.
>>
>>62313978

I'm also looking at other things to use instead of Illustrator, so there might be something easier to use than Gimp if you say its too advanced. The reason I'm looking into quark is cause I heard from a friend that its interface is easier to use than Indesign. But there might be other programs to use for that as well.
>>
>>62314016
They said that gimp was the opposite of advanced you moron.
>>
>>62314065

Oh I misread that then, sorry about that.
>>
>>62314016
There is no Royal Road to this kind of stuff.
You need to put your head down and learn.
I've watched pros at work and they are amazing the way they can use all the shortcuts and function keys to do their work.
>>
>>62313941
>I don't like there current subscription model
I don't like it either. All this useless cloud shit that nobody wants is so annoying.
I used to buy adobe products, but started pirating since they switched to the subscription model.

In my experience:
Illustrator >>> Inkscape
Photoshop (for photos) >>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>> GIMP
Photoshop (for drawing) = Krita, maybe even corel draw < Sai
Lightroom >= Darktable, Rawtherapee, etc
For the latter it's not as simple as that, but as Lightroom works better together with Photoshop, the decision is clear.
>>
>>62314278

Same here, I like actually owning the product instead of just subscribing to it. Thanks for putting all those programs side by side for me. This is very helpful.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.