[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a cheap Laptop, capable of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2Q==.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Hey everyone.

I'm looking for a cheap Laptop, capable of playing some games decently.

My budget is around 600€ and I'm looking to buy used.

So I went on ebay and found a offer for a MSI GS60 Ghost Pro with a gtx870m and the regular FHD screen für 480€ without storage drives (which isn't really a problem as I have some laying around).

My question is if any of you have any experience with it.
I read about fan noise and heat problems at Idle, which would be annoying. The ~3 hours of battery shouldn't be a big problem for me and the performance is sufficient aswell.
What I'm also worried about is the build quality, as I'm used to using a macbook from time to time.

Hope anyone can help. Thanks in advance
>>
>>62305367
Build quality superior to the garbage that apple calls a laptop.
Fan is loud as shit, it can also run pretty hot even in idle.
Realistic battery life is closer to 2 hours.
>>
>>62305367
>What I'm also worried about is the build quality, as I'm used to using a macbook from time to time
steer clear of the cheaper Acer and Dell gaming laptops. beware that no matter how nice you go you will run into thermal throttling that might be a concern if you legit think you can high end game on a laptop for hours and hours
>>
>>62305379
Do you have one yourself?

Would you say it'd be to uncomfortably loud and hot for light use like streaming Movies/Series, productivity work or browsing in bed or while it's sitting on my lap?
Thinking I should probably just get a second Notebook for that. Like a cheap Thinkpad.
>>
>>62305491
I'm well aware of what the Laptop would be capable of and at the moment I just plan on playing Overwatch while I'm away from home, as I have a nice rig there, and use it while I'm in bed or don't feel like sitting on my desk.

Do you have any recommendations of what I could realistically get around the 600€ mark? would be willing to pay a bit more to get a premium product.
>>
>>62305500
It's not the most comfy device.
I do not have one anymore, I gifted it to someone who needed it more.
I got a thinkpad as a substitute and while the performance is way worse, it cost a fraction of it and I get to watch chink cartoons in bed and all.
Unless you are rly hype about it, I'd steer clear.
>>
Fuck off, we aren't Best Buy
>>
>>62305554
i paid a little more than 650 usd for a refurbished Asus g771 with 960m. I wanted a 17 inch screen and the ability to play games if i wanted to. It can play real games like CS:GO but it does run hot, processor in the mid 80's
>>
>>62305830
Good. Cause I wouldn't go to best buy to ask for advise, ya dingus
>>
File: ebaygaminglaptop.png (287KB, 824x973px) Image search: [Google]
ebaygaminglaptop.png
287KB, 824x973px
>>62305367
>>
>>62305367
THINKPAD T420
H
I
N
K
P
A
D

T
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.