[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can only use your rooted phone without gapps if you are a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (6KB, 484x104px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 484x104px
You can only use your rooted phone without gapps if you are a basement dweller and doesnt leave your moms home. How do you use uber or uber like apps without maps? MANY apps just dont work because they need google stuff. Prove me wrong
>>
>>62298305
>MANY apps just dont work because they need google stuff
Which ones.
>>
>>62298305
>>62298326
I just caved to a normie life of bloatware google on my first android device after failing to sink enough time into learning flashing roms. Getting unlimited bootloops and bullshit 5-step process easily turned into 40 step process. Fuck it, I'm too old for this shit.

I guess I'll have to get a job now and have to wear clothes and whatever else normies do
>>
>>62298305
>I don't know what microg is
>>
>>62298376
>fastboot oem unlock
>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
>reboot into recovery
>press install
>select ROM zip
>reboot
Wow, hard.
>>
File: 1504308277997.png (48KB, 163x260px) Image search: [Google]
1504308277997.png
48KB, 163x260px
>>62298305
Good post, Pajeet. Please accept this reward for your hard work.
>>
>>62298392
Yes, anon. That's the easy 5 step process I referred to.

>reading comprehension 2017

Each of those steps causes issues that no one mentions, which require another 30 minutes of searching and 5 more steps to fix. i.e. the exact point of my post clearly made but I have to explain it again in different terms for your idiot brain.

Shit is not hard, but time consuming and annoying. Annoying enough to consider living with bloatware instead of with a bricked device.
>>
>>62298471
>Each of those steps causes issues that no one mentions
Simply false.
>>
microG works (well, most of the time anyway).

You still need a google account, as some things are simply vendor locked to the server side, so there's no full escaping of the botnet.
>>
>>62298538
See. You end up having to use google.
>>
>>62298549
Your obvious black and white baiting aside, if you're not going to waste time with customizing your phone, get an iphone instead.

If your time is that precious (why are you posting here, again?), it's a much finer deal.
>>
>>62298305
I have a bike for short distances and I take the train or a bus for longer distances. Sometimes I rent a car if I need one.

Some stuff works with yalp store(my local bank and digital mail for example) but I mostly get by with free software.
Davdroid + nextcloud gives you sync stuff, k9mail + the built-in client gives you email. Kdeconnect gives you notifications and remote access.
And then I just use a browser for the rest.
I almost always have a computer nearby, so I really don't need more.
>>
>>62298471
The hard part about flashing ROMs is if you want to factory restore your device.
I did that once and finding the image was a pain and I had to wipe the machine afterwards.
But for the most part, it is not difficult.
>>
>>62298305
Osmand maps is good.
Less than 20 apps don't work without gapps, all of which are irrelevant.
>>
>>62298795
The majority of apps I have tried don't work without gapps.
I can and do live without them, but they are nice to have as they save time compared to when I do the same thing via a computer.
>>
>>62300601
>>62298326
>>
>>62298305
I don't even own a smartphone and I get by just fine.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170907-191451.png (644KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170907-191451.png
644KB, 1080x1920px
>>62300601
90% of apps don't care, 8% show this message and work just fine and only 2% actually need play services. Most of them are Google's own apps.
>>
>>62300706
This desu. Even Google's apps don't need gapps. I use a few google apps without google services and play store.
>>
>I'm a busy business important normal person
>posts on gee
?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.