[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone who I've done a few freelance gigs for before asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: R8000_3-4Lft7_Transparent.png (85KB, 440x263px) Image search: [Google]
R8000_3-4Lft7_Transparent.png
85KB, 440x263px
Someone who I've done a few freelance gigs for before asked me to help monitor his office employees.

So I need a way to monitor all traffic on a wireless router going in and out. It would be even better if I can actually see screenshots or whatever text people are writing.

Additionally, it would be nice if it was stupid simple to read out what's going on. I should be able to handle most installs below actually creating a server for it. I have direct physical access to the office's router so it would nice if I could install directly on there and not have to worry about installing onto local machines every time someone upgrades.

Even more annoying, this guy wants it to be hidden from his employees, so no pop ups saying they're being watched or antiviruses catching it and telling them something is going on.

Any ideas?

At the moment I'm looking at Surveilstar, but I'm not totally confident on setting up a server for that. I was told Wireshark is alright, but I can't seem to find out if it's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>62296256
Just clone yourself and get you and your clone bros to stand behind them and watch over their shoulders.
>>
>>62296256
>this guy wants it to be hidden from his employees
pretty sure that's illegal in most places. idk if you're a Yuro or a Burger, given the hour, but in Yurostan there was just a big court ruling that an employee was unlawfully fired due to too-intrusive monitoring. In Burgonia employers have pretty much free reign to monitor what employees do on company time with company equipment, but I believe that they must be informed that this is being done. You also have state-level laws to worry about.

Anyway the way you would go about this depends on what kinds of things he wants done. If he just wants employees not going to facebook and shit then do it at the DNS server. Log queries, and/or use a blocklist so that websites he doesn't like won't be resolved. (pfSense and pfBlocker can do this pretty easily)

If he wants screengrabs from them then you have to fuck with the machines. At the very least to enable some kind of remote-desktop protocol, and you'll probably need software installed on them regardless. Also bear in mind that if the users are local administrators on their machines they can, if they're savvy, detect and get around the monitoring no matter what you do.
>>
>>62296256
yeh but wait theres no way to monitor what they do or write when theyre on https with tls, right?
as I understand the only way to overcome it would be stripping ssl, but then youre fugd with hsts...which could maybee be reset and bypassed with fake ntp packets?? right?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.