[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What server side programming language would be the best to invest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: web.png (115KB, 668x800px) Image search: [Google]
web.png
115KB, 668x800px
What server side programming language would be the best to invest time into learning? The two largest ones that I know, Javascript and PHP, get bitched about constantly. There's the "muh made in 10 days" for Javascript and I've heard PHP is a nightmare. What would you recommend learning and implementing in a personal project?
>>
>server side programming language
You're going to have to leave immediately.
>>
>>62293449
PHP 5 and later is god tier.
>>
>>62293497
You mean php 7?
>>
>>62293512
Yes. It's power and flexible. Still looks like shit but you get used to it.
>>
Python.
>>
>>62293449
Golang or Django.
>>
Node.js
>>
Just stick with Javascript. Full stack JS is going t be dominant framework in a decade or so. Would not be surprised if it ended up being used exclusively for local applications as well (at least on mobile.)
>>
If you're serious and actually want to finish the project instead of dicking around on a timesink for a decade, you use a framework. I like MVC. If you want PHP you can get one of the many mvc php frameworks and pair it with jquery or whatever js framework you want. Thinking that you're going to make your own is autism tier and you're not going to finish.
>>
I'D JUST LIKE TO INTERJECT FOR A SECOND HERE.

May I just remind everyone that php, ruby, python, js and so on, are all scripting languages interpreted by their respective programs. Script interpreters. Some of these interpreters are compatible with existing HTTP servers. (yes, you can run js server side.)

However, you can write a web server in C, and have it interpret all standard HTTP requests and manipulate the data however you want.

Always ask yourself why though, and "does it fit my particular application." In 99% of cases you can simply install a module for a script interpreter program into an existing HTTP server.
>>
>>62293449
Python or Java(vertx.io), maybe C# on Core.Net
>>
Stick with what you know instead of wasting time learning languages that do literally the exact same thing. Both JS and PHP 7+ are terrific for what you want.
>>
Java or that .Net core meme if u like ms
>>
File: 1393535861405.gif (798KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1393535861405.gif
798KB, 600x505px
>>62293596
wake me up
>>
>>62293449
I use Ruby and Elixir.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.