[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true these things fall apart after a year? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: RE1hvLr.jpg (28KB, 752x423px) Image search: [Google]
RE1hvLr.jpg
28KB, 752x423px
Is it true these things fall apart after a year?

There's no good alternative.
>>
Mine is a year old it is still fine. Keyboard gets pretty rough looking after a while , and i clean mine roughly once a week
>>
>>62267569
Definitely not a year. The Pro 3 that I had was going strong until I dropped it 1.5 years into owning it. So long as you aren't a complete moron like me they should last a few years.

The battery degradation is probably the biggest downer as it will probably be horrible after 3-4 years.
>>
>>62267870
When my SP4/M3's battery fails, i'll never get one of these toys again. Dont get me wrong..it does everything I want with fine enough performance, but at that price point, I want a longer "lifetime" of this device...

I want a fanless thinkpad with an easy replaceable battery..
>>
>>62267569
>>
What usually "break" with these devices? I know a lot who are still using pro 3 with no issues at all.
>>
>>62267569
>>62268559
Directly from the Surface Team:
“THE BATTERIES ON OUR SURFACE PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED WITH SOME OF THE HIGHEST CHARGE CYCLES FOR CONSUMER ELECTRONIC DEVICES. THIS MEANS THAT THE BATTERY CAN GET CHARGED DAILY (5 DAYS A WEEK) FOR OVER 4.5 YEARS AND STILL MAINTAIN 80% CAPACITY.”

Of course I wouldn't take that at face value, but it's probably fairly accurate.
>>
File: 1502564554736.jpg (67KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502564554736.jpg
67KB, 900x900px
>>62269000
Oh well, that sounds,..nice.
I charge mine every 2-3 days, so I should be fine for the next 9+ years,...right?
>>
>>62268810
Only runs >mobile apps
>>
GF has had one for a year or two without any problems...but that's not a good indication of longevity clearly.
>>
File: 867558.jpg (153KB, 757x426px) Image search: [Google]
867558.jpg
153KB, 757x426px
>>62269000
I wish that were true. My Surface Pro 3 lasted over 2 hours on battery burner classic test when I bought it two years ago. It now does 1 hour 29 minutes.

Battery degradation isn't as bad as an iPhone, for example, but it's real.
>>
>>62267569
I got the galaxy book because oled, so far it seems pretty great apart from the absolutely retarded USB C meme
>>
>>62269281
what is your argument against usb c ?
>>
>>62267569
Yes.

>Consumer Reports: Microsoft Surface is Dead Last for Reliability

>The consumer advocates at Consumer Reports have delivered a stunning blow to Microsoft: The nonprofit organization has pulled its recommendations for Surface products, citing an industry-worst failure rate.

>These conclusions are based on our breakage rate estimates for laptops by the end of the 2nd year of ownership, gathered from subscribers' experiences with 41,304 laptops purchased new between 2014 and the first quarter of 2017. Our statistical model estimates breakage rates for laptops not covered by a service contract and accounts for the number of hours of use per week. Differences of less than 5 points aren't meaningful. Models within a brand may vary, and changes in design or manufacturer may affect future reliability. Still, choosing a brand with a lower estimated breakage rate can improve your odds of getting a dependable model.

>But as Consumer Reports notes, the reliability of Apples laptop and tablet products are consistently the most highly rated by its readers. So whether you believe that MacBooks and iPads are innovative, they are indeed the most reliable products of their kind.
https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/microsoft-surface/132728/consumer-reports-microsoft-surface-dead-last-reliability

Then there's an issue with that alcantara cover that's non-removable and attracts dirt like crazy. Oh, and it also degrades and becomes hard as a rock after a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KJjRPIWGTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebUNgMhQV4

Surface is junk for literally everything.

>iFixit grades MS Surface Laptop 0/10
>The Surface Laptop is not a laptop. Its a glue-filled monstrosity. There is nothing about it that is upgradable or long-lasting, and it literally cant be opened without destroying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Laptop+Teardown/92915
>>
>>62269328
It's not an argument per se, it's just my personal frustrations.

1. 2 ports isn't fucking close to enough. I need a keyboard, mouse, and HDD. That's three ports already. Oh, and you lose one for charging. If they had 5 USB C ports I wouldn't be complaining.
2. All the dongles on Amazon which provide the requisite USB ports are sketch as fuck and full of fake reviews. Plus the ones which allow charging passthrough never tell you the wattage and there are always people in the (legit) reviews saying it doesn't work or doesn't charge with the full wattage.
3. Fucking dongles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.