[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ - Meta Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: .jpg (198KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
198KB, 768x768px
What should we do about the increasing /pol/ menace? Is it the adnauseam threads that's attracting them?
>>
>>62241175
Nothing, /pol/ is here to stay. Adnesium would attract them. But you also have a general interest crossover since your typical /pol/ack who was here before the Election usually visits two or more other boards.
>>
Report them and ignore them. No one gives a fuck about gookmoot. Fuck off with these retarded threads, they are just as bad as the other threads.
>>
bring back desktop threads
>>
Can you elaborate on this menace without using any meaningless buzzwords please? I'm having trouble seeing what the problem is with an anonymous imageboard containing people who hold politically incorrect beliefs.
>>
>>62241175
>>62240610
>>62240819
Get the fuck out from this board
>muh /pol/
you got btfo so you can make threads like this?
sage in all fields
>>
4chan as a whole has become vastly more popular during the election so there have been more people using the board because of crossboarding from /pol/. you're just noticing it now because their behaviour has got even worse over the last 7 months and their hivemind tendency to label anything they don't like as "communist", "marxist" or "leftist" and generally spouting words and concepts they don't understand. they are obsessed with communists who they believe run everything (the polar opposite of reality) and will regularly attack posters for anything they disagree with as being communists. usually they are dumb as shit, only have a surface level interest in technology or computers and only come here to abuse other posters, make non-arguments and rail against SJWs, free software, anime and the communist bogeyman. the solution i believe, for the whole site, is to mark /pol/ posters and make their posts on other boards visible only to other /pol/ posters, restoring comfiness to the board and leaving them to feed shit to each other.
tl;dr retards need to be contained again, bring back desktop threads
>>
>>62241175
purge SJW influence in tech and /pol/ will leave.
>>
>>62241175
>Oppose censorship by youtube
>go back to /pol/ hurr hurr
This is the current state of neo/g/
kys faggot!
>>
/pol/ is neo-/g/
>>
>>62241432
bad pasta is bad pasta
>>
File: 49192640.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
49192640.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>>62241175
Tell them they are disinfos paid to help Israel, because they are. Friendly reminder there is an everlasting raid from an organized white supremacist group originally from the stormfront forum.

It wasn't always like this, there was a time when it was funny mocking about politics and history. They are truly cancerous.
>>
>>62241432
>anime
nibba they stole Momiji from /jp/, they tried to steal Cirno but IIRC /s4s/ kept making memes of Cirno freezing frogs
not to mention they have very /a/core taste in that's its all slice of life shit
>>
>>62241548
/dpt/ is full of nazis who are furious over anime OP images
>>
>>62241548
SoL is literally the best genre
let me guess, you like shounen crap?
>>
>>62241333
>>62241452
This is a board about technology, geniuses.
>>
>>62241438
This is a technology board, not a politics in the technology industry board
>>
Should technology involve politics? No. Should technology be content- and ideology-neutral? Yes. But "should" does not reflect the way things are today. Politics has been forcibly injected into technology. And who's responsible for this? Here's a hint: it's not /pol/. Here's another hint: >>62241438

As >>62241452 sort of points out, how are we supposed to discuss relevant technology-related topics such as internet censorship without involving politics in any way? Or are we supposed to pretend that these topics don't exist or that they don't affect us?
>>
File: 1502094027710.jpg (56KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
1502094027710.jpg
56KB, 750x742px
>>62241592
then why are sjws and commies involving politics on technology, retard?
>>62241438
this guy is correct.
>>
/g/ was always shit, but at least it was tech related shit. I want to go back mocking FSF freetards and Macfags again, not talk about how (((insert bogeyman here))) are ruining the aryan race or whatever it is you fucks consider "precious.
>>
>>62241175
this is a japanese image board and the japanese are facists. i suggest le reddit for you gaywad
>>
>>62241608
discuss the actual technology, not the politics that involve them
>>
File: CVYlbUXUYAAM6MQ.jpg (42KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
CVYlbUXUYAAM6MQ.jpg
42KB, 600x589px
>>62241452
No one said you aren't allowed to talk about that. But the moment you delve into politics, your thread belongs to /pol/ whether you are leftist or rightist
>>
>>62241175
WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT ALL THE FUCKING GENERALS FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>62241653
generals are here to stay, unfortunately. was it because of the addition of a catalog? was it the the overhaul of 4chan to html5 years ago which allowed for huge threads to exist?
>>
File: 1457236105446.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457236105446.png
50KB, 250x250px
as long as they shut the fuck up about politics I don't give a shit.
personally I'd like to see all Windows/proprietary software shills banned instead of /pol/ users. but I'm there is statistical overlap among those two groups.
>>
>>62241432
nice blog, where do I subscribe for the feed?
>>
File: 1500667825438.png (146KB, 700x629px) Image search: [Google]
1500667825438.png
146KB, 700x629px
>>62241632
Love it or hate it, politics control your life. It controls education, food, water, gas, electricity. It controls money and international trade. It controls wars and nuclear missiles. Politics is everywhere, you cannot be untouched by it, even if you live alone in your mother's attic or basement. You have to take sides. Technology/Internet has become far more powerful than wallstreets. I read it on an article today. It is shaping the world around you, literally. You cannot deny it or choose to ignore it. It's already here.
>>
just googleshills coming out of the woodworks
>>
File: 1496066069901.png (663KB, 651x659px) Image search: [Google]
1496066069901.png
663KB, 651x659px
>>62241686
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/03/silicon-valley-politics-lobbying-washington
>>
But /g/ is more racist than /pol/. Try mentioning Indian programmers here and see what horrible sluts are said.
>>
>>62241611
>then why are sjws and commies involving politics on technology, retard?
Because people aren't reporting obvious unrelated /pol/ threads.
>>
>>62241736
*slurs
>>
>>62241736
>see what horrible sluts are said
yes sur i thonk thut thu somu thingus, cme with me rajeesh, microsoft will pay us later
>>
/pol/ is akin to a group of inquisitors with severe autism.
if there's something they don't like, they screech at it until it's gone. It's proven effective in the past. Plus, as we've known for several years by now, /pol/ is always right.
Let the purge happen, then rebuild.
>>
>>62241175
This is just a troll thread

4chan is, and always has been, /pol/ and /b/ at heart.

Free speech and anonymity are what make 4chan, 4chan. Remove either and you have something no different from the rest of the internet.

If you don't like anonymity or free speech, feel free to stop visiting this website.
>>
>>62241611
You see political positions in everything mildly intellectual, because intellectualism is contrary to your political ideology. It's impossible to have a basic discussion about anything without you dunces screaming about #MAGA and Reddit, despite the fact that less than half of this website’s browsers are American.
>>
>>62241770
delet this right now
>>
>>62241770
Thanks for this, please post more CP, prove that the mods are fucking sellouts
>>
>>62241770
>be OP
>gets BTFO
>too late to delete thread
>posts nudes so mods will do it for him
typical leftist everyone!
>>
>>62241608
It's pretty obvious what the OP is trying to do:

Anything that isn't left-wing absurdity must be banned and verboten. Free speech and anonymity are illegal. Submit to the gestapo or be purged.

Who could have predicted 10 years ago that liberals would become champions of censorship and political violence?
>>
>>62241798
What in the fuck does that have to do with leftism?
Also, if the op wanted to delete his thread he can do it himself.
Also, posting nudes will only get the post itself and the poster removed/banned.
>typical /pol/ poster everyone!
>>
File: rSp7NcC.jpg (128KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rSp7NcC.jpg
128KB, 725x1024px
>>62241798
im a stalker of illyaposter, i think you're taking the internet too seriously. take a moment off the computer and get some fresh air
>>62241773
delete my cum off your cute loli chest.
>>62241782
take your meds bro
>>
>>62241782
That's not CP you dumb britbong
>>
>>62241828
delet itttttt
>>
>>62241829
Anime characters counts as cp in the great caliphate of London
>>
>>62241767
When I first started visiting /g/, /pol/ didn't exist.
>>
>>62241686
Your own individual viewpoints are essentially meaningless in the world. There are 300 million Americans who have a say in who gets power, spending time worrying what your own one vote has to say is needlessly aggravatious

Regardless though, this is a technology, not politics, board
>>
>>62241736
Outsourcing name calling has never been about race until this /pol/ garbage started. Same with the woman shit. Besides 'muh jobs' /g/ does not give two shits about either.
>>
>>62241867
didn't /g/ used to have more overlap with the NEETs over at /r9k/?
>>
>>62241861
>being this new
it was /new/ back then
>>62241866
gamergate was started by just one guy, Donald Trump became the President because of that guy.
One man can change the world anon.
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (585KB, 2437x1620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.jpg
585KB, 2437x1620px
>>62241175
Ban anything ad nauseam related. That piece of niggerware deserves to die and we shouldn't promote it.
Users of that shit are /cybsec/ larpers with nothing better to do than telling people to install malware. And if you fell for it I feel sorry for you but at the same time you kinda deserve any malware you download by accident for downloading some crap that clicks literally on everything.
>>
Special snowflakes please leave
>>
>>62241770
>>62241828
I strangled one of your pedo friends before, threw him in a ditch and only got 5 years.
As long as you're dead by my hands I wouldn't mind 5 more years, you sick fuck.
>>
File: 1408803155298.jpg (17KB, 261x320px) Image search: [Google]
1408803155298.jpg
17KB, 261x320px
Given how infected technology is with politics right now with the "progressive movement" infecting everything tech (see Google, etc...) it will be impossible to separate the two topics.

Our best option would be to allow for containment threads. A single /politics in tech general/ and your odd overlap that deserves it. Think adnauseam or popular political tech news like right as James Damore getting fired.

Otherwise just have the mods ban anyone who makes more than one /politics in tech general/ or whatever. And anyone who tries to derail am unrelated thread by bringing the "(((jews)))" into it.

> inb4 hurr durr threads don't get derailed
Fuck off we can't even make a /fglt/ with a soviet flag as a joke anymore thanks to you fags.
>>
>>62241807
>Who could have predicted 10 years ago that liberals would become champions of censorship and political violence?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" was coined by a real leftist, anon. It's not surprising that the larping left in America would pick up on it as well.
>>
>>62241861
That doesn't matter, free speech and anonymity did exist, and that is what makes this place what it is.

You cannot "get rid of /pol/ because it is an embodiment of this website. The most you can do is ask that people stick to a given board topic - which is done automatically by just having a board topic in the first place. People sort themselves out from there, no moderation needed, because as it so turns out, people who want to talk about technology will go to the technology board.

Truthfully what you are actually demanding is the right to post political views on /g/ and then have anyone who disagrees with your viewpoints banned. You simply behave as a typical passive aggressive who tries to hide his ulterior motives behind other less nefarious reasoning.

Anyone with a brain can see through your subterfuge.
>>
>>62241770
>mfw the fucking mod deleted that image but not the troll thread
>>
>>62241290
this
>>
>>62241925
It's actually easy to tell which threads are /pol/ bait and which aren't
>>
>>62241175
fucking kill yourself you SJW piece of shit for thinking there is separate userbase of each board. and kys x2 for shilling google.
>>
>>62241937
:thinking:
>>
>>62241938
>That doesn't matter, free speech and anonymity did exist, and that is what makes this place what it is.
And the fun fact is that 4chan was never about anonymity, and it was shii pushing forced anon that made it into it.
>You cannot "get rid of /pol/ because it is an embodiment of this website. The most you can do is ask that people stick to a given board topic - which is done automatically by just having a board topic in the first place. People sort themselves out from there, no moderation needed, because as it so turns out, people who want to talk about technology will go to the technology board.
If you disregard the fact that /pol/ hasn't been in favor of free speech outside of their echo chamber for years now.
>Anyone with a brain can see through your subterfuge.
Epic, anyone opposing you must be a secret agent. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: 1488713863672.jpg (25KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
1488713863672.jpg
25KB, 480x252px
>>62242016
>>>/reddit
>>
>>62242016
And yet if you asked moot he'd tell you that 4chan was about anonymity but not free speech

Nevertheless the website is what it is - and that is the conjunction of both free speech AND anonymity.

To take away either removes the entire point of the website. If you don't like free speech or anonymity, you are welcome to go to literally anywhere else on the internet. Stop trying to force censorship of opinions you disagree with.
>>
>>62241938
>reddit spacing
>>>/r/The_Donald
>>
hmmmmm.....
>>
>>62241807
>liberals
The word you are looking for is progressive. Remember liberals get the bullet too.

>>62241982
Then let the mods delete to /pol/ bait and make them stick to one thread? I mean it's obvious what deserves to be kept up and what is bait. I'm advocating for containment and easy guidelines for the mods to justify by.

Hell I wouldn't even mind Snacks like moding back. Say what you will he kept /b/ semi quality.
>>
Pol should stay on pol, but we should help people trying to break free of the botnet regardless of their reasons.
>>
lol
>>
>>62242066
The liberals you're talking about are now labeled nazi's. If you're in favor of free speech and anonymity you are literally hitler.

That's the modern liberal. Sorry that the political label has been co-opted by forces beyond your control, but it is what it is. Old school liberals need to re-brand themselves, else they will continue to be lumped in with what their political ideology has evolved into regardless of how much they disagree with it.

Unless you think you can retake the label?

Good luck
>>
>>62242045
Typical /pol/ack response: An image macro because he can't write a reply.
Kill yourself.

>>62242046
>And yet if you asked moot he'd tell you that 4chan was about anonymity but not free speech
Yes, the main point of 4chan ended up becoming anonymity. Doesn't mean it was founded on it.
>To take away either removes the entire point of the website. If you don't like free speech or anonymity, you are welcome to go to literally anywhere else on the internet. Stop trying to force censorship of opinions you disagree with.
Did I ever state I want /pol/ censored?
Remember that as you said, this is an anonymous imageboard and the person you are replying to may not be the first one in the thread. I just want you to fuck off to your homeboard instead of posting off-topic shit on the wrong board. This /g/ - Technology not /g/ - /pol/ side-board.
>>
>>62241894
LMAO you think Trump won the presidency because of gamergate?
>>
>>62241438
Sorry but this guy is correct.
>>
>>62242182
I'd rather have both the SJWs and /pol/. That way they'll kept wasting their energy fighting each other, while I concentrate on making bank.
>>
>>62241290
wait, desktop threads are banned? Cool!
>>
>>62241175
>What should we do about the increasing /pol/ menace?
/pol/ isn't leaving. yeah they're annoying obnoxious little cave dwellers, yes they ruin everything

these retarded faggots have dug their heels into the board at this point, and they're not leaving as long as other sites continue to ban them for saying dumb shit. the problem with 4chan being free speech and anon-friendly is idiots will always be able to take refuge here. It's a tradeoff but whatever, you get over it
>>
>>62241611
>then why are sjws and commies involving politics on technology, retard?

because 4chan mods have double standards. They ban /pol/ shit but allow commie shit because most people (and mods) have that political view. I not mad though, I don't pay for browsing 4chan, I don't even have a pass, I just wanted to point out something that is happening with all the boards and not only /g/.

/co/ is lost, /a/ and /v/ are going to the same shithole.

Anyway, just kept on with it, we browse this place for free and we have to adhere to their rules (as stupid as they look). I am getting old, dammit.
>>
>>62242789
>commie shit = stuff i don't agree with
>>
>>62242802
no, actual commie shit like SJW, anarchist stuff, fuck the system, LGTB, tranny programmers, forced diversity, control of information for "equality" and "safe space" for minorities.

you know, shit that is killing modern civilization and turning us into chaos.
>>
>>62243019
>no, actual commie shit like all the stuff i don't agree with
i understood you the first time
>>
Remove /pol/.
Remove /v/.
Remove all circlejerking threads, particularly generals and anything resembling desktop threads.

/g/ really should take a leaf out of /a/'s book and be more elitist on what's on-topic and what's off-topic. Mods should just ban the above on sight.
>>
>>62242114
Yes. That's the truth.
>>
>>62243097
whatever man, let your right be violated like your asshole.
>>
oh hell yeah, i love autosage improvement meta threads
>>
>>62241438
>adhere to my political views and I'll leave you alone
that's not how it works you whiney cunt.
>>
>>62241736
it's not about racism it's about /pol/ being annoying fucks.
>>
>>62243191
all of this except for desktop threads
>>
>>62241438
/thread
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.