[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R is a trolling language. It was never meant to be anything other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Rprogramming.jpg (360KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
Rprogramming.jpg
360KB, 1176x664px
R is a trolling language. It was never meant to be anything other than something to throw novice developers off the path.

It's like a master carpenter is training an apprentice, but doesn't want him around, so he tells him to go bang nails into scrap wood. The master says that banging nails into scrap wood is a modern and relevant contribution to the field.

Teaching young people R is like hijacking a highschool in America and teaching everybody to speak in Urdu. That's not to say learning Urdo isn't helpful, but the things you could do that are displaced by Urdo learning is a real loss to those people you harmed.

In the same way, R is damage to the minds of people who are fooled into it. It's a trolling language, it's how you tell someone to "go harm themselves" by doing so in a way where the target actually does. We put criminals into concrete boxes when they get too effective at tricking others into harming themselves, setting traps for others to fall in, to eliminate them as competition.

The fact that python is overtaking R is people slowing coming to this realization, which I believe I can prove beyond reasonable doubt, enough so a neutral person would acknowledge the hidden and defecting agendas behind the obvious facades.

R is not the future of data science, charting, machine learning, computer vision, or any of that. At least languages like Chef "whitespace" and "Piet" make their trolling intentions obvious, R does the same while maintaining the ruse.

For all the people doubting me, what you need is some R programming. Write some programs in R and use up your brain space with it, Go ahead, see what happens. Lets get back together in 5, 10 and 15 years. Give me an opportunity to laugh at you after I've been proved right, and kick you while you're down so you can call me an insensitive asshole.
>>
wanna know how I know you're a mathlet? You don't see the reason people use R
>>
>>62235971
Not everything is software engineering, anon.
>>
>>62235985
Lets see how many butthurt comments I can get from the R community lol. I'm a programmer who had R forced on them for a class, it was the worst class of the entire program, everyone agreed, R truly has no redeeming quality. I can really rustle the jimmies of the R community because when it comes down to point-by-point debate and argument by argument, I can indeed prove this point as more true than it is false. And I can do it by many avenues, character witnesses, the language itself, the libraries around it, the concensus of people who were forced into it, the novices who learn it and realize they have been taught wrong, the people in the people who use it not being programmers, having trouble wrapping their minds around "Variables" because R does away with the concept of "data type". Line of execution isn't stable. It's absolutly barking mad and insane. And the people who can't see it have no knowledge of compiler design and world class level enterprise engineering. That's just one tangent of hundreds of others I can use to demolish the R dummies.

Walk into a Dev shop and celebrate your experience in 'R' on your resume. The experienced people there are going to stifle laughter, and you will not be taken seriously. And if you are, it's because they want to harm their employer by bringing dummies who have negative ROI on the payroll. You can take that to the bank. Look for this out there, this is what you will find.
>>
>>62236013
>R truly has no redeeming quality.
minitab

I am not an R dev btw, I write in python at work. But my stats prof (the smoothest motherfucker on campus) writes in R
>>
R is useful for statistics and machine learning though.
>>
>>62235971
wew lad
>>
>>62235971
R is a decent math scripting tool.
If you make something with it that takes more than 5 sec to run, you are using it wrong.
I don't think anyone should learn R (or any scripting language) as a substitute to learning programming.
>>
>>62235971
As someone who does data science with R and python I 100% agree.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.