[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so I was finally forced to 'upgrade' to windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: American fly spy.jpg (539KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
American fly spy.jpg
539KB, 1366x768px
Alright so I was finally forced to 'upgrade' to windows 10. What can I do to make it not as shitty
>>
Uninstall Windows 10.
>>
>>62232351
i use it 4 the games
>>
>>62232413
Which games, and what are your specs?
>>
Spying can't be disabled entirely, it's been an integral part of Windows since XP. You can reduce it by tweaking settings/group policies but don't expect Windows to ever respect your privacy.
>>
File: specs.png (9KB, 483x237px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
9KB, 483x237px
>>62232445
blizz games (mainly OW), and i cycle through a bunch of steam games. I know most of them run on Linux.
>>
>>62232540
fuck forgot - GTX 1060, i5 4960
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-03_08-13-24.png (912KB, 1678x916px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-03_08-13-24.png
912KB, 1678x916px
>>62232509
Would a hardware firewall do anything?
>>
What exactly is the problem? Do your games not work?
>>
>>62232649
Yes, but it's going to be a constant game of cat and mouse and it might cause ... interesting... behavior.
>>
>>62232682
no im just unhappy with win10. Trying to see what if anything I can do
>>
>>62232322
Try a Linux distro of your choice.
>>
>>62232413
fuck off gaymer
>>
>>62232719
>>62232540
Try installing something like peerguardian, and netfilter then block microsoft from phoning home.
>>
Linux with a Windows's QEMU Passthrough VM
>>
Download an iso of LTSB, install it, and disable automatic updates.
>>
Windows 7.
>>
>>62232322
Disable the Telemetry Compatibility thing (I can't remember the exact name, look it up) so it stops ramping your hard drives to 100% and eating all your Internet bandwidth on sign in.

That makes it much more bearable.
>>
>>62232351
This^
/thread
>>
>>62232540
>blizz games (mainly OW)
no wonder that game is shilled so hard.

without it, no one even has the pretense of being forced to use windows.
>>
Nothing, it's perfect at it is.
Disable the stuff you don't like such as "suggested app/stuff etc" and put the telemetry to basic. Thatt's probably all i think.
>>
>>62233510
Don't kid yourself. I'm not OP and most people use windows because it's easier to use and more comfy than your crap linux [Insert your favourite distribution here]
>>
>>62233576
>most people use windows because
Most people use windows, because it always came preinstalled.
>>
>>62233576
>Don't kid yourself. I'm not OP
oh wow! golly that changes everything! suddenly the daisys are dancing and I give a fuck
>>
>>62232540

So why again did you "upgrade" to Windows 10 instead of just sticking to Windows 7 or 8.1?
>>
File: geno users.png (30KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
geno users.png
30KB, 675x827px
>>62233733
>>62233749
>Windows is still much easier to use for new computer users.
>Windows has a much larger selection of available software & drivers
>there is a much larger selection of available software programs, utilities, and games for Windows.
>includes its own help section, has vast amount of available online documentation and help, as well as books on each of the versions of Windows.
>don't get to the trouble of which distribution he should use to
>Windows installation of software is simpler you never need to build packages from source.
This is all you need for normies. So saying that Windows is only used because of "gaming" is a shit thing to say, neckbeards.
>>
>>62234116
windows is only used for the most faggot games they have to desperately push hard to trick all goyim they can before they sink

overwatch
world of warcraft

what else? this is getting fun.
>>
>>62234116
Most people use windows, because it came preinstalled.
>>
>>62234156
And because of all the reasons i listed there slow faggot.
>>
>>62232540

There is no game that requires Windows 10. Many games on Steam can run on any distro due to SteamOS as well. Now as for OW, I feel bad for you.
>>
>>62234153
>overwatch
Sold 30 millions with only 18% on fukin PC so around 5.400.000 people
Wow is dying. Its peak was WOLTF where it reached 12 millions of players. Now it's probably 1 or 2 millions, they don't give numbers anymore.

That's a very small % of Windows users.
>>
>>62234179
quality post ya fuckin faggot

>don't get to the trouble of which distribution he should use to
kill yourself
>>
>>62232322
Look into the DISA SRG/STIG policies used by the DoD. They have stuff for both killing telemetry and hardening your system.
It makes sense when you think about it. It would be a disaster if a system holding classified data were to leak it because of MS telemetry.
>>
>>62234223
you got your nigger cattle. YEEHAAW YIPPEEKAYAY
>>
>>62234179
No it's really just because it has always been included preinstalled with nearly every purchased computer/laptop. Same reason why most people use android with their smartphones/tablets.
>>
>>62234197
>There is no game that requires Windows 10
sorry senpai but there's more games other than tux racer out there
>>
>>62234275
Yeah + the reason i listed otherwise they would have got another OS.
>>
>>62234286
GET THE FUCK OUT ALREADY
>>
>>62234286
You're just dumb apologies for wasting both of our time.
>>
ALL YOU DO IS GLOAT ABOUT YOUR NIGGER CATTLE

G E T

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.