[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to give this thing ago today, and one of the required

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 368x137px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 368x137px
I decided to give this thing ago today, and one of the required steps for getting a game to play was to unencrypt the game using a provided key. How was this key acquired? I thought encryption was borderling unbreakable?
>>
ahem
>>
>>62226454
just torrent the game nerd
>>
>>62226660

I did torrent the game dillweed. But it's still encrypted, they provide you with the key so that cemu can decrypt it. I'm asking how this key might have been acquired.
>>
>>62226454
Closed source, probably stole it's core from nintendo, that'll allow it to do things like that.
>>
>>62226728
ah its dumped from a wiiu disc they are the same keys as from the cdn. otherwise they keys are probably dumped from a legit install on a real wiiu.
>>
>>62226454
cemu cant decrypt.
if you want games...Wii USB helper.
https://www.wiiuusbhelper.com/
then use...
http://wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

the rest is up to you. have fun.
>>
>>62226454
go away, we don't support piracy here
>>
that's not how it works anon

if the game was encrypted and there was no decryption key provided, how would a real console even play it?

the key you use to decrypt the game is the same key that would be used to install the game on a real console after buying it. these keys are dumped by people who actually bought the game.
>>
>>62228879
This desu.

It's the big flaw in encryption as DRM.
You can't reasonably keep encrypted data from someone and also give them keys to decrypt it.
All it can add is hassle.
>>
>>62228879

But how is encryption secure then?

Why won't the government just go out and dump the encrypted keys from pedos and terrorists?

Who thought it's a good idea to use keys anyway?
>>
Holy shit, after years, the retardation of this board still amazes me sometimes.
>>
>>62228971
He's asking in order to learn, do not discourage him or you'll make future posters less-informed.
>>
File: 1328712988808.jpg (36KB, 240x292px) Image search: [Google]
1328712988808.jpg
36KB, 240x292px
>>62228949
>>
>>62226454
Nonfree, don't use.
>>
>>62228269
>Emulation is piracy!
No it's not, go fuck yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console_emulator

>>62230117
Except it IS free, you fucking retard.
>>
>>62230220
>Except it IS free
Where is the source? Huh?
You are a clueless fucktard.
>>
>>62230232
Oh, so you wanted an Open Source project, got it.
Then just say so, you fucking retard.
>>
>>62230271
No, I wanted a free project.
Free as in freedom, anon.
>>
>>62228269
Yes we do.
>>
>>62228269
I do.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.